Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 18, 2014 7:32 PM
Mar 2014
I've read all the translated LNs (arghhh I just can't learn Japanese and Vol. 13 is taking forever) and I'm waiting to marathon the anime.

Does anyone know how many volumes will be adapted? Thanks.
May 18, 2014 10:39 PM
Feb 2014
I know i'm late fpr this episode, but there were a couple things worth mentioning.

One, I was kinda disappointed with this episode agn. The Mibu vs Erika fight was not bad, but not great either. I mean, it's the best action scene so far in the series, but imo not entertaining or exciting enough. I dont really know y, i just feel that way.

I kinda thought they would finish the enrollment arc in this episode. I think it would've been better, but oh well...

One pleasant surprise in this episode was the extra scene that wasnt in the LN where Kirihara requested frm Juumonji to take part in the raid. That was one part in the LN that left me a little bit confused, and

@SolitaryFear, the series just finished volume 2 in episode 7. At the current rate, the anime kinda looks like it'll cover the LNs all the way till the Yokohama arc, at least ie until volume 7. Then agn,

I'm jus being extra careful not to spoil anything so im using these spoiler tags even tho they may not seem entirely aproproate
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
May 19, 2014 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
too much elitism propaganda? didnt like how rights activists exposed as bunch of terrorists.
May 19, 2014 4:45 AM

Jun 2010
The incest is strong
May 19, 2014 7:56 PM
Mar 2009
Lol, those two guys were like, "Wow, are they ignoring us?" Why the hell didn't they just pull the trigger. It would have been futile, but c'mon, giving your enemy enough time to put all their thoughts out?

So...it was all one big misunderstanding! Yeaaaah, anime logic.

Man, they sure made the Blanche arc even more boring than in the novel.
May 22, 2014 5:10 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Come this far, now I can not do more than just give a higher rating than this, for the benefit of souls. Perhaps the hard work is worth, given the number of users, but the animated transposition water on all sides including also the work of the Madhouse.
Only thing not unpleasant are fighting.
That's why I gave a rating of 3/5!
May 22, 2014 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
Where the hell are the teachers anyway? Are they just instructors rather than real magicians? (There is one there but she is quite useless lol!)

Tbh, I have read the manga and anime but the plot is kinda shit. Pretty boring and generic. However, the technical aspect is strong with this one. It's like I am watching a Magic Wikipedia rather than an anime.
May 25, 2014 6:07 AM

Sep 2013
Wow, this episode starts out with some melee brawls... wait... did they like really forget about all the people who used guns and god damn rocket launchesr? Did they like waste their ammo on the buildings or what? Oh my god, this writing...

But overall a quite enjoyable show so far. Could be worse but also A LOT better.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Sep 17, 2014 5:07 PM

Dec 2012
Pknoctis said:
Mediocre episode. You can already tell Mibu's just a throwaway character but they're spending so much time on her bland-ass personality. Bleh.
Dec 1, 2014 4:54 PM

May 2012
Pretty awesome episode! Let's see what happens next!
Dec 30, 2014 1:23 AM

Jan 2013
Uh... an expected ending going through the usual things.
If they're going to do the raid then I hope it's good.
Jan 17, 2015 12:47 AM

Aug 2009
nice conclusion (?) for mibu arc

chiba confirmed badass swordsman

shibas siblings badass confirmed again

nice, sugita joining the brawl
Feb 4, 2015 10:36 PM

Nov 2009
Good episode, was nice to see some real action scenes, I dont mind the info-dumping but its good to have some action every now and then to keep things going.
Feb 10, 2015 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
Tsk.. they took out the Mibu-senpai princess carry.
I guess the Kirihara drama scene was nice.. don't remember that in the LN.
Time to destroy them Tatsuya hhhahaha.
May 19, 2015 11:03 PM

Apr 2014
Funny how the terrorists with guns and RPGs got their asses handed to them by high schoolers. Did all of their cast jammers just decided to fail? How come only one terrorist in the library had a gun and not all of them? How important did Blache consider this operation since they didn't appear to have brought along any significant fighters? Were there any injuries or casualties at all? The attack was stopped and the terrorists were apprehended all within a span of half an episode, and the motive behind the attack wasn't interesting in the slightest. The whole situation was portrayed in a rather trivial and rushed manner. The gravity of the situation began escalating at the end of the last episode, but I didn't feel that it was maintained at all throughout the course of this episode.

The fight between Sayaka and Erika had started to get good, but then it ended. Some lost potential there imo.

I wasn't fond of Sayaka's characterization and motive even though people like her are among the type that end up getting involved in terrorism. Insecure, angry, helplessness, feeling that the establishment is against them. Those traits have cause people to be vulnerable to manipulation, and Sayaka is no exception. But still, she's a bit petty by taking insults too seriously, and having it all be over a misunderstanding stemming from trivial miscommunication just doesn't look good. However, her desire for non-mages to not be discriminated against isn't a wrong one though, so I don't agree with how the show's been pressing the "Equality is idealistic BS" sentiment.

So they're going to raid a Blanche hideout by themselves? The police were already involved in their response to the incident, and I'm not sure what they're trying to prove by minimizing police involvement in their attempt to deal with the terrorists.
ZeroDragonMay 19, 2015 11:20 PM
Jul 18, 2015 8:14 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was really good. Really liked the Erika vs Mibu fight
Dec 11, 2015 4:11 AM

Apr 2009
Well that was kinda cruel, all that frustration, self-loathing and righteous indignation was all just a caused by misunderstanding in the beginning. x_X Then the students are about to go on an adventure all by themselves.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 1, 2016 7:44 PM

Jul 2013
Good action in this episode. We didn't saw super long fights but that was okay.

So everything was an missunderstanding by Mibu? On one side it was good for her because she worked hard to get better, on the other side it must had been a really frustraiting time for her. Pretty sad when she was crying :(

Mibus fight with Erika was nice. Even if it ended fast. So now they are about to go to the headquarter of the terrorists? That will be interesting to see. Also Takeaki will be with them. Maybe we see some action of Juumonji? That would be great.

May 29, 2016 2:40 AM
Dec 2015
Tatsuya sounds like a total badass when he says he will exterminate Blanche! Wel packed action episode!
Oct 11, 2016 6:24 AM

Dec 2014
epic battle this episode.... I felt kinda bad for how she was used ....you know
Dec 4, 2016 12:35 AM

Sep 2015
Anyone feel like the guy's who's begging to join em at the end is gonna die?
Mar 29, 2017 6:39 AM
Mar 2017
Bland. Predictable. They aren't even trying to surprise us. There's supposed to be some tension involving the greater plot here, with people behind the scenes pulling the strings, but it just feels like a distraction from the sub-par character drama. The conflict felt safe and sterile; no real danger anywhere to be found - just an excuse to demonstrate some of the characters' abilities.

Not trying to be a massive critic here, but I'm really not enjoying this. Probably dropping it.
Mar 30, 2017 3:59 AM

May 2015
Man, Mibu is stupid. Kind of boring episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 3, 2018 10:35 PM

Sep 2017
Tatsuya is awesome. He just knows how to console Mibu and makes fast and uncompromising decisions. I would love to see more of him. Besides, the entire terrorist fighting scenes were done well. I would love to see how this goes on and more on Blanche.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 4, 2019 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
So I'm the only one who actually likes Miyuki. OK.
May 13, 2019 1:16 AM

Jun 2009
Jan 21, 2020 1:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was pretty sad for Mibu :/ nice to see some actions
Jan 21, 2020 1:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Aldnox said:
So I'm the only one who actually likes Miyuki. OK.
No I like her too lol
Jul 10, 2020 11:47 PM

Aug 2017
I totally forgot about the kendo guy that Tatsuya defeated episodes ago. Kirihara seems to be in love with Mibu Sayaka huh. Well, they explained her -misunderstanding- reason but a flashback explaining that could be much better.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 4, 2020 7:37 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Problem solved, eh? Its fster than i expected before. Lol. So, all of them happened because of Mibu's misunderstanding? The terrorist actually targetted the research that the country had and stole it? Damn, what a simple reason to begin with, as always. XD So, yeah, its really happened. She was being used by the terrorist organisation. Also, this episode proved how powerful Tatsuya and Miyuki, with their different magic technique, different output, and the different procedure to activated it, just beautifully done in a nice way. Everything resolved in a fast way.

The others side character too had their time to showed fheir own skills, the magic technique, and all the ability to overcome the difficult situations. So, yeah, the terrorist attack already been neutralized by them, a talented high schoolers. After that? Ofc its time for them to took the counter attack for their main masterminds, the Japanese branch of Blanche, before it get resolved by the police department and turned out into another trouble. Yeah, such a nice strategy Tatsuya had there.

Miyuki seemed to get an under control over her jealousy, and she had more screen time to showed her magic skill, alongside with another characters such as Erika, and Leo. Nice, this was such a good episode to progressed the development of their characterization. Okay. Lets see their attack then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 6, 2020 8:48 PM

Feb 2019
Lots of good action this episode.

I'm very interested in Erika's past now-- it seems like the Chiba's are some sort of prestigious sword family with what I assume is a passed down technique.

I also feel sympathy for Mibu, but the fact that she went down a spiral of depression and joined forces with terrorists speaks loads for her character. Taking to heart and destroying herself over what she thought was a small diss, Mibu is evidently insecure. It's unfortunate, but I also think that the fact that she colluded with terrorists due to a misunderstanding is a bit extreme. Sure, you can get angry and work really hard to prove them wrong, but join a terrorist group? That's a bit much.

I also think it's hilarious that the Juumonji is a student. The dude towers over everyone like a ginormous gorilla hulk, but he's still in high school. Something else that was laughable was the fact that a high school would allow and put their full confidence in a freshman that has put his skills on display once. Yes, he's confident, but I'm amazed at their faith.

I'm excited for the terrorist raid in the next episode: it seems like we could see more technical and calculated work from Tatsuya, which is always cool.
Jan 26, 2022 1:19 AM
Oct 2019
this was better than the last episode

good fights. good plot progression

all this "clan" talk. and yet i still have no clue what significance they have other than "10 clans" and "numbers" and blah blah

it took me until this episode to realize who the english va is for erica. it's the same woman that does gon freecs, right? pretty unique voice. except, gon sucks/sucked, and erica is kinda cool so far

EVERYBODY GET IN THE HUMMER AND LET'S GO KICK SOME TERRORIST ASS...LMAO. honestly, are hummers a symbol of badass/military shit in japan? probably a global symbol, actually
Apr 6, 2022 2:10 PM

Mar 2019
I'm sorry but I just hate Mibu so much that I couldn't care about her crying scene, didn't feel a single thing. I hate how she just assumed things about Tatsuya like she knew better, just shut up. That really made me angry, lol.

So Kirihara is a good guy after all? I'm glad since I like his VA and how he looks a lot. Not the biggest fan of this first half, but things are looking better for this big fight so hopefully it will be good.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 3, 2022 9:15 AM

Apr 2017
Ok but its supposed to be 2095. Why are they using a Humvee from the early 2000's?

Aug 28, 2022 1:38 PM
Jul 2022
.It wa ok, kinda boring.
Aug 29, 2022 1:26 PM

Sep 2020
"fighting injustice is bad, because some people like you." kek. Imagine someone saying this to MLK after he gave his "i have a dream" speech
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 PM

Sep 2020
apparently discrimination is so common that the worst case of it (from someone who joined a terrorist organization to fight it!) is her misunderstanding something that someone else said.
Aug 18, 2023 11:28 AM

Nov 2010
Erika vs. Mibu fight was good. Mibu looked hot when she removed her blazer, revealing her sleeveless outfit. Her armpits must be all sweaty from all that tension and action. I would love to lick them! It's too bad she lost in an instant. BTW, all girls look hot in that sleeveless outfit. I wish school uniforms like that existed in real life. Hehe
Aug 25, 2023 8:06 PM

Aug 2020
I want to like this show so much. the world is great, but the story is just dumb. a couple points:

"don't fight discrimination because it will always exist." while discrimination will always exist, fighting it is important so it doesn't get worse. there always needs to be conflict to keep those in power in check

what was the deal with Mibu's reasoning? Is that really what pushed her over the edge? a stupid fucking misunderstanding? also with this, it's essentially making the moral of the story that since this one time she wasn't discriminated against, there must be no discrimination at all! Even though we have already seen and heard much worse (like people stopping 2 siblings lovers from going home together, or the whole ordeal with the student council not having course 2 students)

WHY THE HELL DID SHE CRY HUGGING TATSUYA WHEN ALL HE'S DONE IS BETRAY HER TRUST AND ACT LIKE AN ASSHOLE AND SMARTASS TO HER. SHE SERIOUSLY HAS NO REASON TO HOLD ANY SORT OF AFFECTION TOWARDS HIM. Speaking of Tatsuya, how is he supposed to be the good guy? why is he so harsh on someone who was being manipulated to follow a terrorist organization? Honestly, I just see him as an asshole who thinks he knows better than he does.

Also wtf does he mean by "risking your manhood?" are you not a man for being angry? does risking your life mean risking your manhood? He's risking his life and standing up to a terrorist organization because they manipulated and hurt someone he respected. If that is risking your manhood, then I don't think he should care about it.
KipTheInsomniacAug 25, 2023 9:12 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.