Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 19, 2009 12:17 AM

Jan 2009
Starrlightx3 said:
MRLX69 said:
Gah, they act so lovey-dovey couple like in this series.... they should just get with each other already, move it to the next base!
THIS. omg, Lawrence and Horo, please, just kiss or something already I beg of you!

Anyways, great episode as always. woah! A rebellion. Didn't expect that! How are they gonna resolve this whole thing in one episode?
hmm, How much you people wanna bet that they're going to end it with a cliff hanger? I bet they are~

Eheheh I'd say they can't end this series until Lawrence and Horo have at least kissed, sounds perfectly reasonable to me, and thus, I hope they won't do that until next season : D (if there is one... no wait, there Must be one : D)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 19, 2009 12:32 AM
Jul 2009
A good but really slow paced episode (at least it felt like to me). One can always tell that something bad is about to ensue but a rebellion is a bit large scale.

This is making me sad. HnG is over and this finale is about to follow suit.
Sep 19, 2009 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
Zilpzalp said:
Anybody care to tell me what's so bad about a rebellion?

It isn't, it's cool, rebellions are for cool people : D..
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 19, 2009 8:24 AM

Oct 2008
I must say, I was also caught off guard with this rebellion situation and I was also pleased with the almost intimate bed play in their chamber. We discover that Horo is in fact scared to fall in love and therefore wants to leave before she gets too attached. But well, isn't this little rebellion convenient? Or is it a nuisance? I was very happy to be caught off guard with this episode. I expected a completely different sinario, that involved Abe stabbing Lawrence in the back for her little salt deal, and possibly a deal with the church to get their hands on Horo. And still I just can't be sure of anything going into the last episode.
Sep 19, 2009 9:02 AM
Aug 2009
Orion1 said:
I expected a completely different sinario, that involved Abe stabbing Lawrence in the back for her little salt deal, and possibly a deal with the church to get their hands on Horo. And still I just can't be sure of anything going into the last episode.

I still think you'll see Abe double-cross Lawrence and Horo somehow. Since the deal is likely to fall to pieces I am guessing that the church may still be involved. You are right, it's "too convenient" and my guess is that the rebellion will only serve as a convenient way for Lawrence to get physically injured. The guy is such a disaster magnet..
Sep 20, 2009 2:49 AM
Mar 2008
Salt is an integral part of producing fur - ie, tanners need it. That and also its rarity mean salt is worth a lot of money.. but i am equally stumped by how salt statues and salt smuggle could lead to more profit? To my knowledge salt has never been smuggled (Why, it was never illegal!). (And the salt quality does little to what tanning uses it for)

Can somebody explain this in detail?

Ok, sure the council decision must have pissed off local and foreign merchants, and that means no income, could mean a rebellion... but maybe this is initiated by the church to clean out the council and replace it with church followers? I am completely clueless now ;(
Sep 20, 2009 3:10 AM
Jul 2008
I don't want their journey to stop, doesn't that mean no third season?
Sep 20, 2009 4:56 AM

Jan 2009
eRe4s3r said:
Salt is an integral part of producing fur - ie, tanners need it. That and also its rarity mean salt is worth a lot of money.. but i am equally stumped by how salt statues and salt smuggle could lead to more profit? To my knowledge salt has never been smuggled (Why, it was never illegal!). (And the salt quality does little to what tanning uses it for)

with salt being so expensive, you could probaly assume that the bishop would have wanted a large cut on the profits that importing salt would have brought. After all, the writers went to the trouble of telling us of the bishops ambitious and greedy nature last episode.
Sep 20, 2009 8:06 AM

May 2008
A rebellion!

and whats with horo, changing her mind again
Sep 20, 2009 8:46 AM
Aug 2009
kintoki said:
eRe4s3r said:

with salt being so expensive, you could probaly assume that the bishop would have wanted a large cut on the profits that importing salt would have brought. After all, the writers went to the trouble of telling us of the bishops ambitious and greedy nature last episode.

At this point it could be anything. To my knowledge, salt statues were carved out of rock salt. That could maybe imply a salt mine is nearby? I do know there was a medieval salt mine in Krakow, Poland (which incidentally was granted the episcopal bishopric). I doubt that has anything to do with anything, just thought it was a funny coincidence since the show seems to be based on a fictional country that speaks a Germanic language :)

My best guess is that the low-grade salt just implies that Abe has connections with a mariner, because she probably would be getting such salt from a saltwater beach (I think?). Which could simply imply that she has a quick means to escape the rebellion. As eRe4s3r pointed out salt of any quality was used to tan hides, so this affirms her "fur trading" occupation to a degree. How or why Abe would make statuettes of religious icons out of it, I have no idea.
Sep 20, 2009 3:49 PM

Jun 2008
I hope Holo isn't serious. Maybe she did it because he told her to wait a little more. She might want to make him realize that is not nice to wait for a later that may not come.

The rebellion in the end really was unexpected. It looks like we are gone a have a very strong last episode. And the statues are from salt. Am still not getting it completely.

We need Spice and Wolf III, NOW!!!
Sep 20, 2009 5:01 PM
Aug 2009
Monad said:
I hope Holo isn't serious. Maybe she did it because he told her to wait a little more. She might want to make him realize that is not nice to wait for a later that may not come.

It's even sadder given that Lawrence has already been resigned to the idea that they will part ways when they get to Yoitsu (more obvious in volume 4 of the novels, which the anime skipped so far). His only expectation seems to have been to stay by her side until they get to Yoitsu. But kudos to him for still being there for her, even though it's obvious how much her sudden decision pains him.

It's pretty clear now that something awful is going to happen to keep them together. My bet's on him confessing to her after doing something heroically stupid (or just plain stupid). I can't see her crying like she does in the teaser for anything less. Well, not long now before we find out (hopefully).
Sep 20, 2009 5:03 PM

Feb 2009
If horo dies I wont watch anime for some time I think :)
Sep 20, 2009 6:00 PM

Jun 2008
SquareZ said:

Where the fuck did that came from? Are you on drugs?
Sep 20, 2009 6:50 PM
Mar 2009
Well wow, I did not expect that. Came out of nowhere but they were foreshadowing the political and social turmoil in the town for a while so I should have expected that.

How much of this Abe could sense? The deal seems like a good deal on the surface but if she knew that something like this would have happened, it would have made the deal a lot less favorable. And we finally find out what the deal with the statues are. So does that mean Abe made a much bigger profit because salt is a lot cheaper than stone?

Although the drama starts, one good thing that might end up happening is that Lawrence has an excuse to continue with his journey since the deal fell through.
Sep 20, 2009 10:10 PM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
SquareZ said:

Where the fuck did that came from? Are you on drugs?

If that happened, it would ruin the whole culture of anime O.o So I'm asking the same thing to SquareZ, have you eaten some strange colorful mushrooms or something recently?
Sep 20, 2009 10:11 PM

Jan 2009
SquareZ said:
HORO NEVA DIES.
Sep 21, 2009 4:40 AM

Dec 2007
Well that was certainly unexpected. I didn't expect a rebellion though I was expecting something to happen shows how much i know. I'm also curious about why Horo was crying that much I doubt it was something minor. Well only 2-3 days till we find out.
Sep 21, 2009 8:22 AM

May 2007
Horo stop thinking that way and put off the decision to leave Lawrence or not till you get to where you are going.

Otherwise I thought we were well on our way to where the show could not be only 12 episodes till the last minute.

Luckily they are in a random church so they should be able to get out of that town easy.
My anime list
Sep 21, 2009 2:28 PM

Feb 2008
*FTGT just watched the episode and is shocked beyond words*

What (the hell) just happened between Horo and Lawrence? 0_0

Just let me explain again how I understood Horos behaviour during the last episode 10:

With this in my mind I watched one of the most meaningful conversations in S&W so far.... and was confused by it.
This is what we all saw and read (together with what went through my mind watching it):

Please help me to understand this. Is Horo really serious about leaving Lawrence because of something cheesy as "It's always best to leave when things are at their best"?
Or is it just another trick and she is in fact trying to provoke Lawrence even more until he cant stand it any longer and says: "I love you, please stay by my side until I die"?

BashZeStampeedo said:

Heh.. I can imagine him talking to his friend Weiz later: "I was about to bone my girlfriend out at the inn but when I grabbed her tail she screamed and she said there was no way."

I Loled :D

Man, I dont want this show to be over. What an enormous loss for my weekly routine. ;(
FTGTSep 21, 2009 2:41 PM
Sep 21, 2009 2:48 PM
Aug 2009
FTGT said:
*FTGT just watched the episode and is shocked beyond words*

What (the hell) just happened between Horo and Lawrence? 0_0

Just let me explain again how I understood Horos behaviour during the last episode 10:

With this in my mind I watched one of the most meaningful conversations in S&W so far.... and was confused by it.
This is what we all saw and read (together with what went through my mind watching it):

Please help me to understand this. Is Horo really serious about leaving Lawrence because of something cheesy as "It's always best to leave when things are at their best"?
Or is it just another trick and she is in fact trying to provoke Lawrence even more until he cant stand it any longer and says: "I love you, please stay by my side until I die"?

BashZeStampeedo said:

Heh.. I can imagine him talking to his friend Weiz later: "I was about to bone my girlfriend out at the inn but when I grabbed her tail she screamed and she said there was no way."

I Loled :D

To summarize what I mentioned elsewhere, I think it's just that both of them are missing each other's cues. If Horo wants sex to consummate their relationship, she should just grab him and sex him up (she must have noticed by now that he clearly wants it).

I think what he wants is for her to decide whether she wants to have a long-term relationship. And he's avoiding getting closer to her because it would hurt him (them) a lot more if they got that close and broke up at Yoitsu.

Besides, he's a twit. And a busy one, he can't possibly catch all of her double-meanings when he's worried that she might be sold off. If she could be less proud and more obvious, it would go a long way. I think he's going to have to take the plunge and say the magic words. There been a bit of possible foreshadowing indicating that he's about to (conversation with the nun convincing him to pursue Horo as his actual dream, her tears in the trailer, his daydream at the start of the arc where he hugs her, etc).
Sep 21, 2009 7:06 PM

Jun 2008
BashZeStampeedo said:

HAHA FUCKING LOL'D

Anyway, that rebellion twist really scared the crap outta me. The music, things were too intense! I hope things work out between Horo and Lawrence, and all this new crazy business, wah.
Sep 22, 2009 4:17 AM
May 2008
I enjoyed the first season a lot more because of it was much more intricate in plot and situations that Horo and Lawrence were apart of. However, I've still really enjoyed this season as well, and will be saddened to see it end. It seems as if it just started, and now saying goodbye again.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 22, 2009 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
So much better than the last 4 episodes. It went downhill FAAST after the sixth episode probably because I was expecting something as awesome as the previous "arc".

Anyway, I'd hate to see it end here. Just one more season and we're 'kay eh?
Sep 24, 2009 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
Awww ... so Horo wants to part ways ><?

Plus a rebellion O_O? And why was Lawrence so surprised after tasting that material off the holy mother's statue O_O? hmmm ...
Oct 2, 2009 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
Kinda boring ep though the last scene was interesting. A rebellion eh? Didn't see that coming.

Oct 8, 2009 6:21 PM
Aug 2007
The beginning of the episode started so much differently than the ending with two major issues at once! No idea what will happen the next episode but looks like it'll be a dramatic one.
Oct 17, 2009 2:43 PM

Aug 2009
Lol rebellion. Lawrence of the Rebellion, hell yes.

Lawrence touching Horo's tail out of a sudden was just funny. Loved how Horo reacted after that.

I wonder what'll happen in the ending. Why did Horo say that she'll end their journey here? Doesn't she want to travel with him until they reach Yoitsu?

Looking forward to the finale.
Oct 20, 2009 7:25 AM

Jul 2009
Crimsonwill said:
Awww ... so Horo wants to part ways ><?

Plus a rebellion O_O? And why was Lawrence so surprised after tasting that material off the holy mother's statue O_O? hmmm ...
It's a salt, i kept on wondering where did Abel hide those salt, so she craft the salt into the statue, make sense..

Horo wanted to make a decision will Lawrence follow her and take a new step of relationship or just stay as stalmate..
Oct 20, 2009 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
Sad how they kinda decided to end it. Coups don't help profits most of the time.
Nov 10, 2009 5:30 PM
Nov 2009
Ugh, this was as painful as ep 2-6. Rather than a kid, this time it seems a nun will save their relationship. Horo has been disappointing all season, but this just takes the cake. Too scared to be honest with the guy you fell in love with? Just go into denial, come up with a some lame and self-serving excuses, and run!

And what excellent timing, too. Not only does he have a risky plan to deal with, complete with the possibility of being double-crossed, he now has to figure out whether (and how) to save his relationship with Horo. And to top it off, the ever-present threat of a rebellion finally comes to fruition.
Feb 14, 2010 11:45 AM

Jul 2009
Huh... One more test from Horo? I hope Lawrence get sharper and don't let off her.

Also this heartbraking tears in trailer ((

BashZeStampeedo said:
To summarize what I mentioned elsewhere, I think it's just that both of them are missing each other's cues. If Horo wants sex to consummate their relationship, she should just grab him and sex him up (she must have noticed by now that he clearly wants it).

Lol)) It seems to me that she wants that Lawrence do it instead of her ^_^

BashZeStampeedo said:
I think what he wants is for her to decide whether she wants to have a long-term relationship. And he's avoiding getting closer to her because it would hurt him (them) a lot more if they got that close and broke up at Yoitsu.

Thats right. I think the same.

@BashZeStampeedo
Btw, I really like to read your posts.
Feb 15, 2010 11:14 AM
Aug 2009
Kenaya said:
Btw, I really like to read your posts.

Well thanks, that's rather unexpected :)

Kenaya said:
Lol)) It seems to me that she wants that Lawrence do it instead of her ^_^

That would be a shame, because she hands out so many mixed signals I'm not surprised to see him act so confused. Almost every time he tries to pull a move she makes him feel inadequate, or she lets him believe it's still a game to her. But it's obvious that he's gonna snap sooner or later after the last few episodes :)
BashZeStampeedoFeb 15, 2010 3:40 PM
Apr 19, 2010 2:44 PM
Nov 2009
AWSOME 5/5, one more to go
Jun 19, 2010 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
It was depressing when Horo brought up the subject of ending their journey together.
Jun 26, 2010 6:45 AM

Dec 2009
I gotta agree the "selling Horo" idea was kinda weird but Lawrence being so calm was weirder :\ .

A rebellion ! <3 gotta love the chaos !
Aug 22, 2010 8:14 AM
Sep 2009
I don't know why but I keep reading fleurs (whatever you want to call her the trader woman) subs so she has a lisp and can't say her r's. I just don't know why.

"...it's a webellion"
Oct 9, 2010 6:44 AM

Sep 2008
Yes! A twist. :D This episode was much better than the last, IMO. Everything was going a little too smoothly, as Horo and Lawrence were saying at one point in the episode... It's not really exciting unless they're dealing with additional problems, I guess. XD Things and problems like this help them grow more~ Or at least, reveal more about them, which is great.

What Horo said, though... D: So sad to think about it. The little Lawrence x Horo moments are still adorable, though. Like the tail scene. :) Hopefully this can all be wrapped up nicely in just one more episode... (I have high hopes~)
Jan 6, 2011 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
wow, didnt expect a rebellion, but it makes sense since a lot of ppl didnt like the decision that was made for the fur trade.
so does this mean that the deal is off than??

Jan 21, 2011 11:13 AM
Sep 2009
Horo didn't find a happy ending in those books. But Deanna said there were many happy endings, let's hope they just haven't discovered them yet.

Lawrence (or rather the writers) really get frustrating to watch sometimes. Time to throw caution to the wind and make a move.
Feb 23, 2011 11:05 AM
Nov 2009
A rebellion? omg. 1 moar episode to go Q_Q
Mar 9, 2011 12:13 AM

Mar 2011
Wow, so many twists in this ep. Even Holo being the one wanting to depart, when she was allways afraid of being alone..

Only one more to go.. This is getting more painfull than the first six episodes. T±T
May 12, 2011 7:08 AM

Dec 2009
And1ce said:
A rebellion? omg. 1 moar episode to go Q_Q

+1

Aug 8, 2011 5:29 AM

May 2011
Could say this was the best episode so far.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 2, 2011 8:56 AM

Feb 2009
It was an average, okay episode, until the end which did feel kinda scary. And nice cliffhanger btw.
Jan 21, 2012 12:21 AM

Dec 2010
Holo said some really sad words, but she's kind of right imo. I just wonder how will her decision go now, after this plot twist. And I came to like Abe even more. Maybe more than Lawrence himself.
Mar 1, 2012 1:44 AM

Sep 2011
Are you srs? Only one more episode!? Goddammit. L> a season 3! ;-;
Apr 19, 2012 4:48 PM

Dec 2011
Wow!
So in the next episode Holo will leave and Lawrence ll live with the blond girl.
It ll be nice :p
May 8, 2012 7:37 PM

Feb 2012
OriginANIME said:
Are you srs? Only one more episode!? Goddammit. L> a season 3! ;-;

Well, at least I have the LNs to look forward to afterward....
Jun 21, 2012 3:16 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, a riot? Didn't see that one coming.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

211 by Ryudrake »»
May 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

446 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

109 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.