Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 16, 2009 6:41 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
and so Horo decides to stop the journey with Lawrence...

next episode going to be final for this season and, if I remember it right, its going to be the first time we see Horo crying ...

and I sure hope earnestly that someone outthere will bring out Spice and Wolf III as fast as possible.
LunaNov 13, 2012 4:55 AM
Sep 16, 2009 7:32 PM

Jan 2008
vinesage said:
and, if I remember it right, its going to be the first time we see Horo crying ...

Wow..... You have such a bad memory, She has cryed a few times in both seasons.

This was just an OK episode since They left all the great stuff for the last episode xo

Sep 16, 2009 7:37 PM

Jul 2009
oh really? would you point me out in which episode Horo has really cried?
even the time when she wanted a baby, she didnt really cry i think...
vinesageSep 16, 2009 7:46 PM
Sep 16, 2009 7:45 PM

Jan 2008
vinesage said:
Episode 3 of this season

Sep 16, 2009 7:48 PM

Jul 2009
crono22 said:
vinesage said:
Episode 3 of this season
seem like i certainly forgot that scene (thought she was only tearful) :-)
Sep 16, 2009 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
vinesage said:
even the time when she wanted a baby, she didnt really cry i think...

lol......... ah ok..............

Sep 16, 2009 8:07 PM
Aug 2009
I. Want. Next. Episode. Nao. Rawr.
Sep 17, 2009 1:25 AM

Sep 2007
Need moar... episodes...
It's a heartbreak to see that...
Sep 17, 2009 2:49 AM

Feb 2009
uh ohz a rebellion
Sep 17, 2009 3:26 AM

Jul 2008
I have my fingers crossed so that they don't give us blue balls at the end of the season and resolve the "end of journey" dilemma by next episode.

The tension between Horo and Lawrence is pretty blatant at this point though. It makes the scenes between them seem so empty. I hope they can confess how they both really feel about the situation(especially Lawrence) for the finale.
Sep 17, 2009 4:37 AM

Dec 2007
vinesage said:

next episode going to be final for this season and, if I remember it right, its going to be the first time we see Horo crying ...

I have been anticipatig that scene since the season started, I can't waait. Argh.
Sep 17, 2009 5:05 AM

May 2009
Better episode than the few previous ones. Loved the bit in the room with Holo and Lawrence, especially the bit with the tail, and with Lawrence's melodramatics.

Probably safe to assume that what was in the statue was high quality salt, and that Abe somehow planned to get the statues back and sell twice, or something like that.
Sep 17, 2009 6:27 AM

May 2009
Well in my opinion with only 1 episode left they can`t possibly wrap up this show which means that there will more than likely be a third season ! Which means more Horo which also means great success ~~
Sep 17, 2009 7:52 AM

Apr 2009
A rebellion didn't see that coming. Love the twist tho.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Sep 17, 2009 7:55 AM
Aug 2009
Wow, all of Lawrence's nightmares must have come true in this episode. He's just about to lose everything. His money, his companion, and possibly his life. The guy really is a walking disaster magnet. It was nice to see that he really is a top merchant to the end (he really owned Abe).

It is also sad that he was right to not get too intimate with Horo, because it seems predestined that she would leave him (based on her explanations and the fact that he cannot change his nature). This spares them a lot of heartache. I'm now essentially certain that he'll openly admit he's in love with Horo, and she will realize just how selfish she's really been.

That tail scene truly was cute. I wonder what was running through his mind (if anything)? It's seemed from her response that she is actually afraid of getting intimate with him (explains why she gets drunk all the time) :)
Sep 17, 2009 9:40 AM
Dec 2007
Nitre said:
Better episode than the few previous ones. Loved the bit in the room with Holo and Lawrence, especially the bit with the tail, and with Lawrence's melodramatics.

It was definitely the best episode of the whole arc, and I didn't expect a rebellion to happen at the end. Of course, it changes all the plans that have been made by Abe/Lawrence/Holo and leaves us with an unpredictable last episode. Tha animation was still a bit weak though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 17, 2009 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
i'm afraid whether there will be a cliffhanger in next episode.
Sep 17, 2009 10:22 AM

Dec 2008
ova will solve all problems
Sep 17, 2009 10:48 AM

Jul 2009
Loved embarrassed Horo and how cute she looked when Lawrence touched her tail :D

Looks like she having second thoughts about their relationship but hopefully she's just a bit melodramatic and is trying to get some real emotions out of Lawrance.

Any way, a rebellion? Interesting twist, very curious as of how things will play out now.
So exited for the next final season episode xD
EternalDreamerSep 18, 2009 4:12 AM
Sep 17, 2009 11:19 AM

Feb 2008
i was wondering what was going to happen but that?

also she seems to have wanted to stop journeying together but that isn't going to happen. shes tired of being alone really...and she likes lawrence. after all they have been through they both wont end it that easily.

haha maybe lawrence dies....or he gives up his dream to stay with her....hmm which one.
Sep 17, 2009 12:14 PM

May 2008
kisami said:
haha maybe lawrence dies....or he gives up his dream to stay with her....hmm which one.

Would have been a great surprise ending (which won't happen).

Btw.. Lawrence should just bone Horo.. and get this beating around the bush over with..
Spending long hours couped up in a hotel room, with burning desires on both sides..
It's a miracle nothing happens at all..
Sep 17, 2009 12:37 PM
Aug 2009
Kozooo said:
Btw.. Lawrence should just bone Horo.. and get this beating around the bush over with..
Spending long hours couped up in a hotel room, with burning desires on both sides..
It's a miracle nothing happens at all..

Heh.. I can imagine him talking to his friend Weiz later: "I was about to bone my girlfriend out at the inn but when I grabbed her tail she screamed and she said there was no way."

You've got to remember that Lawrence has good reasons to be a bit of a mental case. He's been alone for 7 years. He even wished his horse would start talking to him. He doesn't want to risk losing what he already has for some pipe dream.. he fully expected Horo to leave him when they get to Yoitsu, and he's got obvious attachment issues (just like she does).

If they got more intimate it would that much harder to say goodbye to her (not to mention that he's got to have considered how she would feel, the selfless bastard). Plus, you can see how shy she really is about intimacy. He might feel a little uncomfortable taking advantage of her while she's hammered. And if you need another reason, there are always the fangs (oh god, the fangs!). I don't need to know if that's his kind of kink.
Sep 17, 2009 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
I'm doing as usual, watching the episode while I'm writing.
First of all, I don't like the guy whatever-his-name, the one with whom they're dealing with >.>
And I dunno about the most part of the episode really, but at least during the scene at the inn, quite in the beginning, the animation quality got a huge improvement when Horo was waggin her tail : p That's what I think anyway .
And it seems... as if they're gonna end this series after the last episode of this season ;_; Don't Do It! I want another season.. and another one, and probably even a bunch of 'em.. Can keep watching this for a really long time ;_;
O.O Rebellion! Things seem to have gone bat-shit crazy weee~ They can't end it with only one more episode now, right?
Edit:
LagTag said:
Well in my opinion with only 1 episode left they can`t possibly wrap up this show which means that there will more than likely be a third season ! Which means more Horo which also means great success ~~
Hope you're right! : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 17, 2009 1:14 PM
Jan 2008
I guess some people didn't like the outcome of the meeting....
Sep 17, 2009 1:27 PM

Aug 2007
Ofcourse this second season won't cover everthing, because there are still plenty of novels left of Spice and Wolf!

Anyhow, nice episode. Someone slap Lawrence, please. That idiot. The rebellion might even be the cause of Abe, because Lawrence discovered something while tasting that of the little statue: most likely, salt.

I also think the other reason that Horo wants to leave is because of the plans of turning the city into a archbishop-region. That would mean lots of trouble for our lovely wolf-heroine, knowing the Church...

Only one episode left... ~Sigh.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 17, 2009 2:01 PM

Dec 2008
Wow....didn't expect something as big as a rebellion to happen. This really makes the next episode unpredictable (well for me anyways). Hope things go well....don't want anything too sad.
Sep 17, 2009 2:44 PM

May 2009
Should have seen this coming. Though a rebellion is quite a nice surprise. I was just wow everything was so peaceful then boom banging on the door. I agree I think the statue's are made out of salt. Why else would he be tasting it and then give a surprised expression?

A somewhat slow - though good - episode, with a really big ending. This show sure likes cliff hangers huh?
Sep 17, 2009 3:35 PM

Aug 2007
always suspected those statues were salt.

oh noes rebels.
Sep 17, 2009 3:47 PM

Jul 2007
The people in town are actually rebelling against Brains Base for 2 reasons:

1. Not having enough screen time (lulz)
2. And demanding a third season so that hopefully they get some screen time during season three

but on a serious note... not sure how the last episode will play out , this rebellion was not suprising for some but I guess suprising for me!
Sep 17, 2009 4:33 PM

May 2009
gimme next episode plz.
Sep 17, 2009 5:29 PM

Jun 2007
BashZeStampeedo said:
Wow, all of Lawrence's nightmares must have come true in this episode. He's just about to lose everything. His money, his companion, and possibly his life. The guy really is a walking disaster magnet. It was nice to see that he really is a top merchant to the end (he really owned Abe).

It is also sad that he was right to not get too intimate with Horo, because it seems predestined that she would leave him (based on her explanations and the fact that he cannot change his nature). This spares them a lot of heartache. I'm now essentially certain that he'll openly admit he's in love with Horo, and she will realize just how selfish she's really been.

That tail scene truly was cute. I wonder what was running through his mind (if anything)? It's seemed from her response that she is actually afraid of getting intimate with him (explains why she gets drunk all the time) :)

He hasn't actually lost anything yet. Holo wasn't turned over to that merchant, no money was transfered to anyone, ownership of the inn was not transfered..etc. In fact the rebellion is kind of in his favor (assuming he wants to keep Holo by his side). I think the real problem is him getting his horse and trailer back with hundreds of pissed off towns people running around.

Since it's the last episode they're gonna leave us with a big cliff hanger. I would not be surprised if Holo bust out in wolf form due to something happening to Lawrence or some other random unexpected thing happens.
Sep 17, 2009 5:50 PM

Dec 2008
anyone have any ideas on the meaning of the salt statue or the cause of the rebellion?
Sep 17, 2009 6:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Awesome dialogue-heavy episode. Brought up very interesting topics related to immortality.

And finally, this rebellion may just be the solution to this dilemma...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 17, 2009 6:49 PM

Apr 2008
Interesting episode ...

An unexpected event to happen o_olll

Sep 17, 2009 7:25 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't care either way about the episode. There's just such a disconnect between the business and Horo/Lawrence's relationship that I just never get engaged by the business. I liked that there was a bit of mystery, but since it seems they've thrown that out the window (salt statue the exception), and there is only one (instead of 2) episode left...I'm not really interested in seeing what happens. I feel deus ex from Horo coming, but I hope not.
noteDheroSep 17, 2009 9:20 PM
Sep 17, 2009 8:57 PM

Oct 2007
somehow i think our conclusion will be somewhat lackluster for me
Sep 17, 2009 9:02 PM

Sep 2008
A rebellion eh? Uh oh, time for Lawrence to become fabulous and for Horo to pilot a mech.
Sep 17, 2009 10:16 PM

Jan 2009
MrRogers said:
A rebellion eh? Uh oh, time for Lawrence to become fabulous and for Horo to pilot a mech.
...wait, where have I heard this before? ( ̄ー ̄)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 17, 2009 10:35 PM
Oct 2008
Syllen said:
anyone have any ideas on the meaning of the salt statue or the cause of the rebellion?

I remember them talking about how valuable salt is and Lawrence finding out that Abe is a salt merchant. Putting it in the form of a statute implies smuggling or some sort of secret dealings.
Sep 17, 2009 11:13 PM
Aug 2009
kansas778 said:
Syllen said:

I remember them talking about how valuable salt is and Lawrence finding out that Abe is a salt merchant. Putting it in the form of a statute implies smuggling or some sort of secret dealings.

There was also the whole idea that it was "low grade" salt, from a saltwater beach or something. That at least implies that Abe possibly has ready access to boats, and since they've been spotlighting the harbor a fair bit in this town so far I'd guess that is probably relevant.

Smuggling is certainly possible, but I'm more interested in the fact that the statue in question was in Rigolo's building. Rigolo still seems to be on relatively good terms with Abe, and also with the church. It's possible that Abe is using or will use him as a liaison to the church if she can.
BashZeStampeedoSep 17, 2009 11:16 PM
Sep 18, 2009 8:41 AM
Feb 2009
DeathfireD said:
I think the real problem is him getting his horse and trailer back with hundreds of pissed off towns people running around.
actually i think that the rebellion is started by those merchants that gathered outside the town, not the town people themselves, but yeah, the situation might not be safe for lawrence, horo and abe to stay in town any longer.
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 18, 2009 8:47 AM

Jul 2008
wow a rebelion. and i thought it could go so smoothly. one more ep to go wonder how they will end this, i hope not a big cliffhanger.

Sep 18, 2009 8:49 AM

Jan 2009
Kiseki said:
wow a rebelion. and i thought it could go so smoothly. one more ep to go wonder how they will end this, i hope not a big cliffhanger.

I actually hope they'll put in a big cliffhanger, 'cause that would ensure a season 3 : D
Sep 18, 2009 1:01 PM

May 2008
CurseDestiny said:
A rebellion didn't see that coming. Love the twist tho.
same here,
i still can't believe Theirs a rebellion and the previews for the next episode are Interesting...
Sep 18, 2009 4:41 PM

Aug 2007
Gah, they act so lovey-dovey couple like in this series.... they should just get with each other already, move it to the next base!
Sep 18, 2009 5:48 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
Kiseki said:

I actually hope they'll put in a big cliffhanger, 'cause that would ensure a season 3 : D
i also want a third season but wouldnt like a big cliffhanger, although i dont know how else they end the season in one more episode. i think that abe is smuggling the salt with ships because in the op there's the scene where abe is on one of the ships, and that hasnt been shown yet in the show i think. i also think that horo and lawrence will stay together after another argument or something else that happens, but i doubt they will end their journey together here.
en_____Sep 20, 2009 6:47 PM
Sep 18, 2009 6:47 PM

Apr 2009
Isn't anyone else worried about the barmaid?!?!

I hope she'll be okay...
Sep 18, 2009 7:12 PM

Apr 2007
So....are Lawrence and Horo ever gonna kiss at least? There's a lot of "almost" times. xD Well, one episode to go.

Sep 18, 2009 8:06 PM

May 2008
.... well 1 more episode to go

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 19, 2009 12:15 AM

Sep 2008
MRLX69 said:
Gah, they act so lovey-dovey couple like in this series.... they should just get with each other already, move it to the next base!
THIS. omg, Lawrence and Horo, please, just kiss or something already I beg of you!

Anyways, great episode as always. woah! A rebellion. Didn't expect that! How are they gonna resolve this whole thing in one episode?
hmm, How much you people wanna bet that they're going to end it with a cliff hanger? I bet they are~
& Nooo, only 1 more D: I don't want it to end! D:
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

211 by Ryudrake »»
May 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

446 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

109 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.