Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 4, 2014 12:11 PM
May 2011
I honestly don't understand all the people who are complaining about how the music is bad compared to Kagerou Project. It is not, it is simply different, and in fact I find it way better. Vocaloid is overused, and to me someone stating they prefer a vocaloid over a human version of a song for anything is madness; independently of my personal opinion on the topic, it is even an insult to every single artist or singer in this world with real talent.

Now, please stop hating on this anime because it's not exactly like Kagerou Project. It's not meant to be. The anime has its flaws and there are reasons not to like it independently of what Kagerou Project, but I'll say it again, using the songs as a unique criterion to judge an anime that's focused on the characters and relations between them rather than on the songs themselves is clearly the wrong way to do it.
May 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Apr 2009
And another bad episode.
SHAFT's style over substance is going overboard here.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2010
Probably my least favorite episode so far, but the show still has a lot of potential, and I like the fact that they are introducing all of the characters instead of building a huge narrative first. Characters make us care about the plot, so if we don't have good characters, the plot will ultimately fall apart.

From what I understand next episode is about Marry, and I'm very happy about this fact...
May 4, 2014 12:55 PM

Nov 2011
filler episode >.>
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 4, 2014 12:57 PM
Dec 2008
wtf are all these complaints so many ppl just sayin how bad this adaptation is, while others are confused as to what is going on. dont be stupid, have patience, and drop the fckign show if u dont like it dam so many retards here
May 4, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2014
To be honest, I don't particularly care for Hibiya and Hiyori's story. So this episode turned out pretty good for me. Definitely not on par with Episode 3, but it doesn't deserve the sheer amount of hate it's getting.

I was looking forward to this episode for one reason and one reason only. That was Konoha. And oh boy, he didn't fail to disappoint! X3 (that kid is so freaking random and cute!)

Konoha MADE this episode for me; I didn't care about much else.

But two things that I will always look forward to in each episode is the OP and ED songs, and Azami the "Monster"'s story. Both are truly amazing. Because if a series is based off of songs, if there's one thing they should not fail to make good it would be the opening and ending. And they most surely have not failed at that. I don't know how many times I keep replaying the opening whenever I watch an episode.

I am very, very scared though that Yuukei Yesterday and Outer Science will get most truly screwed over.

When Shaft wants to they can do some amazing scenes. One of their finest in my opinion is the Rainy Devil fight scene from Bakemonogatari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HOAuiY5XFQ

Honestly, if they can do something like that except with a KagePro twist for Outer Science, then I will be very happy indeed.

But if Yuukei Yesterday gets ruined, then it's going to be a very, very painful death for the ones that ruined it.
May 4, 2014 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
InTheOtherWorld said:
But two things that I will always look forward to in each episode is the OP and ED songs, and Azami the "Monster"'s story. Both are truly amazing.

agreed. the "Monster"'s story is pretty cute ^^
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 4, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2010
Okay here are the thoughts from someone coming in essentially completely blind. I've read like 1 or 2 chapters of the manga ages ago but don't remember them and I've never saw any of the videos (I just watched some before making this post).

Ep 1-3 seems to give the impression that these are outcasts/kids with unique powers that will eventually come together, become friends, and become heroes or something. Typical anime stuff.

Ep 4 comes along and I am like, huh what? First we get some backstory on Hibiya and how her came to be in the city following the girl he likes Hiyori, okay got it. Then suddenly we are in a time loop where Hiyori keeps dying, and I'm like huh? Okay I get that there will probably be some answers in the next episodes, but to go from backstory into dreamland with no indication is just confusing. As I'm watching this based on the previous eps I'm thinking Hibiya has some sort of foresight powers, which might have made sense until he swapped places with Hiyori.

---

So would someone fill me in on the general story here? From what I am understanding the story comes from some songs which all had some depressing undertones to them, but no real supernatural element to them. After the songs became popular they were filled out, linked together, and turned into a manga/LN story, next we have this anime.
May 4, 2014 1:49 PM

Nov 2013
Decent episode, but it definitely could have been better. They spent how long on the actual time loop? About half the episode. Granted, Shaft was wise in choosing not to do an "Endless Eight"...but the time loop...didn't really feel like a time loop...

They could have had Hibiya mention something about the cycle repeating over and over and over again. That would have only taken less than ten seconds. But they don't. And I believe that this kind of ruins the whole point of having the countless time loops affect Hibiya's mentality. But maybe they'll do something with it next week...then again, maybe they won't.

It makes me wonder how they're gonna play the rest of the story out.
Everything's gonna be daijoubu.
May 4, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2009
Despite the fact that I didn't understand what the hell just happened, I enjoyed it :D , though yes the PV was much better and emotional.
Oh and Hiyori was a bitch, what Hibiya see's in her I'll never know.

I actually thought that Hibiya had some foresight powers or something and was trying to find a way to save Hiyori from her death XD

Well I went and read up some stuff on what happened in this, so they are stuck in a infinite loop where both of them are trying to save each other? So then is the loop over now, is Hibiya dead o.o?

Maybe I should read the manga now..
AozureMay 4, 2014 2:00 PM
May 4, 2014 2:19 PM

Aug 2011
kaena said:
wtf are all these complaints so many ppl just sayin how bad this adaptation is, while others are confused as to what is going on. dont be stupid, have patience, and drop the fckign show if u dont like it dam so many retards here

That hurt my eyes, and my brain.
May 4, 2014 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
http://puu.sh/8zo33.png
This looked like a world taken right out of a Yume Nikki game.
May 4, 2014 2:51 PM
Apr 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It seems like they just gave her the Shaft Character Personality (TM) where they seem to be trying to make a character seem edgy, cool and smart but they just kind of end up coming across as obnoxious and unpleasant.

Supposedly too Ayano is supposed to be this really caring and warm-hearted person too but in the scenes they've shown of her so far they make her come across like she's some sort of diabolical mastermind that is messing with people. They just seem to be really struggling with giving people a reason to be truly invested in this series beyond the usual art gimmicks.

Isn't she like that right now because
May 4, 2014 3:21 PM
Apr 2014
I love it how mostly people who expected something due to knowing the original dislike this episode the anime. serves you right, people.

no expectations = less disappointment.

B2T: not as good as ep 1 or 3 but it was fine.

looking forward to the next episode!
May 4, 2014 3:42 PM
Apr 2014
Thorden said:
I watched this episode then I looked up PV and I have to say the PV is so much better done, this episode was kind of shit compared to that, before I watched PV I thought it was an ok episode

You actually liked looking at a picture(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyfbDPc7y0) Hibiya watching as Hiyori died. WTF

And also what the hell is it with people finding emotion in a song based on two unknown characters dying over and over to save one another .
May 4, 2014 3:47 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
FuckSchoolDays said:
Thorden said:
I watched this episode then I looked up PV and I have to say the PV is so much better done, this episode was kind of shit compared to that, before I watched PV I thought it was an ok episode

You actually liked looking at a picture(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyfbDPc7y0) Hibiya watching as Hiyori died. WTF

And also what the hell is it with people finding emotion in a song based on two unknown characters dying over and over to save one another .

A lot of people prefer the fanmade PV
I find it emotional, seeing a guy try is hardest to save this girl and failing every single time. After 10 years of time being spent in this loop, he finds his own was which means protecting her and sacrificing himself.

Could you imagine just watching your loved ones die so many times infront of your eyes?
Even if they are unknown to you, some people have an easier time connecting to emotions and feelings of these 2 dimensional characters than others.
I know the first time I watched it, I had chills and some tears.
May 4, 2014 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
Woah this anime is so amazingly boring.
I slept trough the whole episode.
And i must say if you want a good nap than this anime is the perfect choiche for it.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

May 4, 2014 5:30 PM

Feb 2013
I gotta say this is a Shaft work from start to now... Looks like things are starting to all come together one piece at a time.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 4, 2014 5:36 PM
Oct 2012
elfos said:
I honestly don't understand all the people who are complaining about how the music is bad compared to Kagerou Project. It is not, it is simply different, and in fact I find it way better. Vocaloid is overused, and to me someone stating they prefer a vocaloid over a human version of a song for anything is madness; independently of my personal opinion on the topic, it is even an insult to every single artist or singer in this world with real talent.

Ah, you idealist. As the success of AKB48 or Lady Gaga shows, people don't care about talent, or even about the skill of artists or singers, all they care about is the image. And since that is the case Vocaloid is no worse than AKB48.
May 4, 2014 7:17 PM

Dec 2008
I personally found the Manga adaptation of this song to be much better than what the Anime was going for, it felt like it was trying too hard to reference the music video, which resulted it in making references that no one outside of those already familiar with the Kagerou Project were going to understand.

What I'm seriously disliking about this adaptation is that it's literally not trying to tell a story. It's trying too hard to make references without explaining why they are there or developing a reason enough to feel as if they are there for a meaningful reason. Kagerou Days didn't give us enough time to ingest the whole scenario between Hibiya and Hiyori, something that the Manga and Music Videos somehow managed to pull off in an effective manner, and thus there wasn't any real reason for most, if not all people to go "omg Hiyori
noooo" and instead resulted in a "lol wut" feeling. Which is a shame because I honestly felt like the Kagerou Project had such an interesting story to tell but it's just so confused and unsure in its execution that it feels more like SHAFT dicking around as usual (what's new) and not really like a story being told.

I don't know, I understand that I'm being harsh here but given the nature of what the Kagerou Days song itself was, it was right up SHAFT's alley, they should've been able to handle this a lot better than what we got, personally. Here's to hoping the rest of the series isn't as disastrous as this episode.

Side note: kyaaaa Ayano~ I kind of squealed when I saw her. I'm also loving the ED more and more with every passing episode, it's like the best thing about this adaptation personally.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

May 4, 2014 7:59 PM

Oct 2012
"Showtime Loudspeaker Pole" does not sound familiar to me. Good ol' subs, aye?

I saw somewhere that it might be Kaien Panzermast. Interesting how that gets an episode.

EpicCh33seMay 4, 2014 8:09 PM
May 4, 2014 8:14 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
EpicCh33se said:
"Showtime Loudspeaker Pole" does not sound familiar to me. Good ol' subs, aye?

I saw somewhere that it might be Kaien Panzermast. Interesting how that gets an episode.

I was also told it was Kaien Pan the Mast... though they did play the song (The instrumental version) in the first episode.
May 4, 2014 8:56 PM

Oct 2012
Zelot said:
though they did play the song (The instrumental version) in the first episode.

Not sure if it's obvious, but the melody in Kaien Panzermast is actually Yuuyake Koyake, which is written by a schoolteacher a long time ago telling kids to go home after school.

Info about Yuuyake Koyake.

Here's Kaien Panzermast. There may be slight spoilers if you can understand Japanese.
May 4, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
so we have a time loop, frankly i don't really understand most of the things in this episode

i believe the hints are in the scenes after the ED
May 4, 2014 9:31 PM

May 2013
I'm digging that unsettling vibe that Shaft is giving to Ayano. The dissonant voices when she was speaking to Shintaro in EP1 and her fading to black in this EP totally rock. But that smile though... When she hid it with her scarf from Hibiya's question, it seriously made me wonder if she frowned behind that scarf of hers.
May 4, 2014 9:57 PM

Aug 2008
That some Steins Gate there. Boring episode.Not as good as last 3 episode.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 4, 2014 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
I liked the first part of the episode. Mostly Konoha. The last part of the episode, however, was kind of "meh". I don't really know much about Kagerou Project, but I did watch Kagerou Days before this episode and it seemed much more emotional to me. It also didn't help that Hiyori was kind of annoying. I don't really mind tsundere characters, but not really digging it in this case.

But Konoha though. 5/5 just for Konoha.
May 4, 2014 11:05 PM

Mar 2014
wait a second... if they both are just trying to not get the other killed by sacrificing themselves.. why don't they both just stay at the park?
May 4, 2014 11:16 PM

Jul 2013
I would've thought after the 1st three episodes, people should learn to be patient a little bit as things might be cleared up in the next few episodes.

That being said I'm not entirely sure how to judge this anime. It's not as bad as I thought (I gave it 2/10 after the 1st episode) but there's no denying it's boring on single episode basis either. It's trying hard to be emotional but tbh it's difficult to invest yourself in a character that's barely introduced. The songs are nice, though and I hope all these emotions really pay off at the end. All I can say is this kind of story telling is not for everyone and imo the monster story on the epilogues are far more intriguing than the main story (I just realized they were actually continuous).
May 4, 2014 11:32 PM

Aug 2012
Well, I am confuse. Not a bad episode but didn't explain much. It does sort hint at a theory I had regarding the story though.
May 4, 2014 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
Who sang the Kagerou Days in this episode? I couldn't recognize the voice.
Seriously, the backgrounds (like red and monochrome ones) are so irritating.
SHAFT's animation is stupidly annoying this time.
May 4, 2014 11:57 PM

Mar 2014
I have no idea what even happened in this episode. I thought the episode was pretty boring because they kept showing the same scenes over and over again. 2/5 for me.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 5, 2014 12:02 AM

May 2013
Okay. Screw the cat.

A so-so episode, hmmm... so Konoha is finally introduced here (but I find him funeh when they are eating) Btw, what a cliffhanger episode too, but dem time loop.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 5, 2014 12:20 AM

Dec 2013
Admittedly, as a die hard fan, I was pretty disappointed with this episode compared to the first three. The animation for the second half was pretty so so, and Hiyori, god, Hiyori. Even worse in the anime, it almost makes you feel happy that she is killed constantly. The only reason I still care about her anime varient is because presumably, she
Hi!
May 5, 2014 12:25 AM
May 2014
A lot of people think that the anime didn't have as much emotion because Hibiya didn't have any breakdowns or his expression wasn't as intense. But I like how Shaft made it more subtle, showing how he's losing hope.
May 5, 2014 1:26 AM

Jan 2011
Ppl can complaining about bad writing or lack of emotion, but still, some just assuming hiyori is not annoying and blaming the anime is just.. What. Dont assuming things if you just watched wannyanpuu (fanmade) pv. It's masterpiece but still fanmade.

just accept that hiyori is spoiled brat
May 5, 2014 2:59 AM

Nov 2013
I still have no idea what's going on
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
May 5, 2014 3:16 AM

Apr 2014
Soliia said:
I liked the first part of the episode. Mostly Konoha. The last part of the episode, however, was kind of "meh". I don't really know much about Kagerou Project, but I did watch Kagerou Days before this episode and it seemed much more emotional to me. It also didn't help that Hiyori was kind of annoying. I don't really mind tsundere characters, but not really digging it in this case.

But Konoha though. 5/5 just for Konoha.

With you all the way on that. Was looking forward to this episode just for Konoha.
May 5, 2014 3:29 AM

Feb 2013
I have no idea what is going on.....
May 5, 2014 3:36 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
AzuStar said:
wait a second... if they both are just trying to not get the other killed by sacrificing themselves.. why don't they both just stay at the park?

They would still die.
The fate of death is inevitable.
Song lyrics say that he was trapped for

in this loop.
I'm sure he must have tried that.

EpicCh33se said:
Zelot said:
though they did play the song (The instrumental version) in the first episode.

Not sure if it's obvious, but the melody in Kaien Panzermast is actually Yuuyake Koyake, which is written by a schoolteacher a long time ago telling kids to go home after school.

Info about Yuuyake Koyake.

Here's Kaien Panzermast. There may be slight spoilers if you can understand Japanese.

Oh, I never knew that.
I always thought the whole song was entirely Jin.
yes, I have seen/listened to it a lot :p
Thanks for the new information though!
May 5, 2014 4:42 AM

Sep 2013
What did I just watch? If I hadn't listened to the songs first, I would've never figured it out, probably.

Also, the monochrome red color schemes really hurt my eyes. I'm disappointed; I loved the Monogatari series, but this thing's way too overdone in terms of Shafting IMO.
May 5, 2014 5:40 AM
May 2012
Shaft is not doing this correctly, I see more backgrounds than I do characters. But the animation is neat. I seriously need to know who sang Heat Haze.
Still don't know how the anime's going to turn out yet, but I l do have faith left in the story.
May 5, 2014 5:54 AM

May 2012
Why are some blaming Shaft for the characterization and the plot ? It's Jin himself in charge of that. Let's face it, KagePro as a whole is not a pinnacle of storytelling ...
However, that doesn't excuse the fact that show still look bad - Shaft is doing a terrible job
May 5, 2014 6:26 AM

Feb 2012
Stuck in a time loop where Hiyori dies repetitively while Hibiya tries to save her
? I'd go insane if I were them.

I have a feeling this arc will be a sad one :(
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 5, 2014 11:05 AM
Jul 2010
I was actually dissapointed in how this ep turned out =[. I was so hyped since heat haze days was what got me into the series but I think they did a poor job of conveying what happened =/. I felt the 4min MV had more detail as to what was happening compared to the anime...
May 5, 2014 11:48 AM

May 2011
So I guess we have seen the presentation of " Die, like a boss.".
May 5, 2014 4:53 PM

Jun 2012
I definitely expected something more for the adaption of my favorite song in the project.

Jin why.
Tutturu ~
May 5, 2014 4:56 PM

Dec 2010
This
AntonyRedgrave said:
So I guess we have seen the presentation of " Die, like a boss.".

and this
SweetCoconut said:
Okay. Screw the cat.

made my forum day xD
May 5, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2014
im kinda sad this episode was confusing and i only understood it after doing some research and jumping the kagepro train.
Red is the color of a hero
May 5, 2014 5:23 PM

Dec 2013
aah! that was what she was saying all this time!
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.