Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2010
What, this is a only 13 episodes anime? I never expected it rushed this much. Fk.

The episode was epic nonetheless. I didn't expect the Level 5 Gastrea to die so easily really.

Fk, not Enju! Yet another anime that's fast on taking victims this season :\ Not that I mind, but I'd have liked if Enju and Rentarou could be in this for long...
MeritasApr 29, 2014 1:02 PM
Apr 29, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2013
They're going at a fast pace but at least they're keeping to the story and not going anime original (like toriko :(

Did my n!gga Hruko just die?! dafuq and poor Kohina :(

That level 5 was called by the old guy right but Hiruko was trying to summon another one so would another have come if they didn't stop Hiruko.
Apr 29, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
Rushed and shallow, *dropped*

Will pick up the manga instead as people seem to claim it does a much better job.
Apr 29, 2014 1:02 PM

Apr 2012
Yuzukko said:
What. Why such a rush ? Please don't destroy such a good show =(
The feeling of good plot construction built in the first 3 episodes are completely destroyed. I don't think it's going to turn out as good as I expected now.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 29, 2014 1:02 PM

Feb 2014
That was one emotional rollercoaster for me
They tried to cram way too much into that episode, it's definitely going too fast, especially since it's only going to be 13 eps long. I don't think it will be as good as I hoped it would
But damn that OST!!
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Apr 29, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2013
Even if you don't know the source material it feels rushed. I wish I could find the time and look into the manga, but that's not going to happen soon, so I guess I have to stick to the anime.

The episode still had some epic moments, but sad to see Kagetane already die, he seemed like a promising antagonist for once.

After Rentarou went all Fullmetal Alchemist and they said, that there is some kind of a problem with the railgun, I kinda knew, that something like this was gonna happen. Although I hoped, that he would shoot himself at that Gastrea, would have been kinda awesome. xD
But I guess, it's not that kind of a show, where something like this was possible^^
Apr 29, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2012
I was expecting too much from the villain Kagetane but everything felt so rushed... somewhat disappointed from this : (
Apr 29, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2014
I'm tired of people thinking Kagetane is dead. HE IS NOT DEAD, AND HE WILL BE BACK, NOW CAN EVERYONE SHUT UP ABOUT IT!
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Apr 29, 2014 1:27 PM
Mar 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ENJU WHY YOU BE SO CLOSE TO TURNING!

IM SAY CRAP THIS ANIME IF SHE DIES
Apr 29, 2014 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
can someone please clarify one thing for me : Was the masked man's goal summoning the stage 5 gastrea so that people would use them ( people like him and rentaro ) again and not disregard their existence? it felt like he was in cahoots with the old man or did they just want to kill off the initiators by using ppl like rentaro and the masked person :/
Apr 29, 2014 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
Not again NOOOOOOOOOOOO T______T

I didn't even get to see who the masked man identity??

New villains ???
Apr 29, 2014 1:45 PM

Jun 2013
Ohoho so he is pretty awesome.I like how his mechanic arm and leg look like :)
Apr 29, 2014 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
7% left ...

If Enju dies this show is ruined.
Apr 29, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
what a fucking awful pace.. if it wasn't for the animation, ost and such I would've dropped that shit as fast as I did with mahou sensou
Apr 29, 2014 1:54 PM
Nov 2010
It definitely does seem rushed though the episode itself was still enjoyable but I think we lost all that emotional build-up because of the pacing for all the fighting and the deaths. I guess I'll have to read the LN.
Apr 29, 2014 2:05 PM

Dec 2013
Fiji said:
Uhh. This is too rushed.

The glorified villain Kagetane's fight vs. Rentaro has been rushed... Rentaro was on the verge of death before using those Gastrea injections. Also, wish they were able to have shown the backstory of Rentaro more in the previous episode than just a glimpse and summarizing his past by Kisara.

Heck, we didn't even see Enju vs. Kohina fighting it out.

The pacing is planned so poorly. >.<

Also, the inside of the box is a kid's bicycle? Facepalm. Hopefully the explanation for that in the future will have a lot of sense.

Really had high hopes for this, now it is ruined by bad pacing.
My thoughts exactly, but i'm glad i ignored all the BS in this episode and gave it a 5
PriestSlayerApr 29, 2014 2:12 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 29, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2013
god dammit, rushed as hell >_>

why did you ruin my fav anime of this season :rage:

DUDE THEY TOOK AROUND 5-6 chapters of MANGA to cover it all and it was waay more epic with rentaru nearly dieing twice. WHY DID YOU RUIN IT :RAGE RAGE RAGE:
THE LN WAS MORE EPIC TOO, WHY DID YOU RUIN IT!

*end rant*

seriously. just go and read the manga. waaaay better than this fail adaptation >_>
UrekApr 29, 2014 2:18 PM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 29, 2014 2:10 PM

Nov 2013
this was realllllyyy fast paced, like in-fucking-credibly fast paced. Got to see rentarou's true skills now which were pretty badass. Gotta admit those prosthetic arms,legs and even eye of his were pretty freaking cool. But really they got to do something about the pacing like it's making this anime which had a lot of potential to be great take a turn towards being not so good.
To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.
Apr 29, 2014 2:16 PM
Aug 2012
the fact his arm and leg are made of tht metal doesnt explain away his recovery time in the last episode unless he used that drug but he only used it in this episode. he didnt want to tell enju the result so she didnt panic about dieing and probs to lie to him self abit. this show is moving quite quick im enjoying it. it was quite sad poor kayo i wonder what the bike in the box means
kagetane was kicked in the head hard put landed in water it wasnt like he slamed into concrete its entirely possible for him to survive
kingfelix92Apr 29, 2014 2:21 PM
Apr 29, 2014 2:16 PM
May 2012
well that was basic writing and a clichéd clusterfuck?
is this some kind of average holywood movie homage?
predictible as fuck and non engaging, just laughing how average this was lol
Apr 29, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
1. why didn't rentaro go cyborg the 1st time he fought the guy. Would've saved him some hospital bills.
2. I would be mad as hell that i almost died twice over some tricycle with no explanation either.
Apr 29, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2009
This show is so cheesy and clueless it's actually amazing.
Apr 29, 2014 2:20 PM
Nov 2011
READ THIS IF YOU WANNA SAVE YOUR TIME:
Just to clarify, I love this series, i read the manga beforehand and couldn't get enough of the story but wow....just wow..... From the fighting scene (which lasted 4 minutes and 35 seconds btw) to killing senju, was laughable. It was flat, it was monotone, provided no emotion, no anticipation, no rising action, no climax (even if you count that as a climax, its like a premature ejaculation, rushed, weak and awkward). This series will be doomed AND is going to be doomed in the next few episodes.

END NOTE:
Guys, if you love the concept of the series, go read the manga. You won't regret the decision. There is no saving a ship that is already sinking.
Apr 29, 2014 2:25 PM

Feb 2013
I was so excited for this series up until this episode. Its wayyy too rushed! It was to the point where I thought this was the last episode until I saw the last 2 minutes of the episode. Its too bad since everything else about the anime is great aside from the pacing. Guess I'll be moving to the manga..
Apr 29, 2014 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
episode with plenty of action, drama and questions unanswered
Enju being the best loli of the season
but the plot of the anime is going too fast
and so might not realize how the series is amazing
________

episodio com muita ação, drama e duvidas não respondidas
Enju está sendo a melhor loli da temporada
mas o enredo do anime está se passando rápido demais
e assim talvez não se perceba o quanto a serie é incrivel
Apr 29, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
I haven't read the source material, whether it be the LN or the manga, but just from watching this episode I can tell that they really rushed it. I think this was supposed to be fairly emotional and revealing episode. But I only got a hint of both because things were moving too quickly and a lot of things were likely cut out. There's no way this should've been one episode. At least make it 1.5.
Apr 29, 2014 2:31 PM
Apr 2014
CodeZwei said:
1. why didn't rentaro go cyborg the 1st time he fought the guy. Would've saved him some hospital bills.
2. I would be mad as hell that i almost died twice over some tricycle with no explanation either.

In the manga, if I remember correctly it was a much bigger decision for him to reveal that he was modified, because of something a long the lines of being a shamed to use them.
Apr 29, 2014 2:31 PM
Feb 2012
Hven't got the chance to read the LN and manga yet so I have no clue about the missing climax people are discussion here, but I like the phase of the show as to me there isn't a dull moment.

Kagetane die? No a single second that comes to my mind and I know it will return, or else where is Kohina and the later part of the show.

Consider the show is just on the 4th episode and ther are still 9 more to come, I am actually more looking forward to the remaining shows.
Apr 29, 2014 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
Aw man why did Senju have to die :(

Also... nooooo Enjuuuuu!!!! Corrosion level too high, 42% ?!?!? please don't die. This episode was ok, things escalated from Rentarou's guts being blown out again and then using some kind of adrenaline Gastrea shot he lived and knocked the masked dude off his socks into the ocean and then went to a mega ultra railgun known as the "Heaven's Ladder" which shoots projectiles in light speed and then it HAD to malfunction not to mention it just happened to run out of ammo which then Rentarou pulls off his right arm (Does it even come off that easily?) and uses it as a bullet. Then it is revealed that the old geezer hated the Cursed Children so he tried to destroy the world using a Stage 5 Gastrea. This is seriously insane. Though it may be chaotic, it was a good episode. I think it deserves a 4.5/5 but i just gave it a 5/5 anyways.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 29, 2014 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Williamzz said:

END NOTE:
Guys, if you love the concept of the series, go read the manga. You won't regret the decision. There is no saving a ship that is already sinking.

I actually recommend you look into the Light Novel first, the manga actually tones down a lot of it's dark mood and changed a few scenes around.

Thus being said, about why Rentaro lied to Enju about her erosion rate:

Thus being said, I feel that this anime is being too rushed. The LN was way slower paced than this. I think Kadokawa screwed Kinema Citrus over on this.
removed-userApr 29, 2014 2:45 PM
Apr 29, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
i am a friendly guy from the neighborhood, ima just put the link of the manga here (which got covered by this episode...)
read it, read it and see the major difference and how they have ruined it >_>

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/214270/black-bullet_ch12_by_asdf-scans/1

hmm they cut out tons of stuff from kayo too, rather this episode start with few chapters before this

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/201861/black-bullet_ch11_by_asdf-scans/2

choose one of the two
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 29, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
Damn that kick to the face was terrible.
Apr 29, 2014 2:51 PM
Aug 2008
that railgun ammo with a limb thing is completely impossible, even by using Black Bullet's logic...
Apr 29, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
This episode felt like it was the last episode of the season. So the little girls have a limited lifespan and the more they use their power the closer they get to their death.
Apr 29, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2013
Best episode yet!
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Apr 29, 2014 3:10 PM

Nov 2012
Best episode so far despite still being rushed.

So Enju's body condition is worse than told.Deathflag risen.
Apr 29, 2014 3:11 PM

Jan 2014
Rentaro was awesome at the battle with Kagetane (I only feel bad for his daughter)! The anime is moving very fast, 4 eps and it covered the entire 1st volume of the light novels... Anyway, it was a good ep. Want more!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2014 3:13 PM

May 2013
its feels fast but still awesome

T_T that girl :(
So Saaad
Apr 29, 2014 3:13 PM

Aug 2011
I swear if the gastrea are created through the Children and it being soo predictable like that, Imma be disappointed.

I don't like how fast this is moving, if things don't get explained soon I may drop. I never drop.
Apr 29, 2014 3:15 PM

May 2012
wtf.. killing gastrea is so boring.
I like Senju, why they have to kill her? T_T
I think my fav cursed child is Hiruko, shes so psycho..

Apr 29, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2014
The action was just ok this episode. Nothing really stood out to me, except that ending. Where He lied to Enju about her corrosion exam. They better not have her die in this show, or ill be pissed !
Apr 29, 2014 3:35 PM

Feb 2012
Anyone else feel like this was a final episode for the end of the season?
Apr 29, 2014 3:36 PM

Sep 2012
stop killing off little girls please T.T where did dolphin-chan ever do wrong anyway~ and Kohina should have just join their party T.T

have to agree that the pace would have been just right if it's done in 2 episodes :/ couldn't really enjoy the whole thing properly~~ but hey Enju's cute :3
Apr 29, 2014 3:44 PM
Dec 2012
well i was led to believe that the masked dude was going to be the antagonist of the series or the general human non-cursed child population is the antagonist
Apr 29, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
didnt like this one at all except the ending which showed Enju's test. Otherwise there was a lot of forced drama. Killing the stage 5 gastrea was the worst...
Even from 50km it was big as a barn it was barely moving and a projectile moves at a speed of light and he couldnt take the shot... really ? I was facepalming so hard
Apr 29, 2014 4:09 PM

Apr 2014
wat wat wat wat wat wat wat
Apr 29, 2014 4:11 PM

Sep 2010
Jesus.....
This series is so painful.

EDIT: WOW THE PEOPLE HERE ARE NEGATIVE.
Like the anime equivalent of people who whine on and on about "OMMMGG1!! the book is better than the movie omgmgmgmmgmg!!!1" Get over yourselves.

They are separate mediums, with separate time allotted to work on them. Is it rushed? Yeah, if you read the LN or Manga or whatever before hand. But judging it as it's own thing, I think it's great. Just enough of everything. Just because you expected something else and now you're disappointed doesn't mean this anime is terrible.
FenixDragon43Apr 29, 2014 4:17 PM
Apr 29, 2014 4:16 PM

Oct 2013
This episode had such dark moments

But it felt rushed so ehhh
Apr 29, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2013
FenixDragon43 said:
Jesus.....
This series is so painful.

EDIT: WOW THE PEOPLE HERE ARE NEGATIVE.
Like the anime equivalent of people who whine on and on about "OMMMGG1!! the book is better than the movie omgmgmgmmgmg!!!1" Get over yourselves.

They are separate mediums, with separate time allotted to work on them. Is it rushed? Yeah, if you read the LN or Manga or whatever before hand. But judging it as it's own thing, I think it's great. Just enough of everything. Just because you expected something else and now you're disappointed doesn't mean this anime is terrible.
Basically this.

And read the first line.
"
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE."

It's rushed, but the episode are only 13 and they had not much time to do the project. Simply assuming that they can't adapt properly without analyzing the predicament that the studio has faced is not a bold move, plus even already dropped the show at EPISODE 4 and mocked the studio and such? Ask yourself, do you think that you are capable of making a better adaptation that of what the studio are doing right now? No? Yeah, I forgot. Most of the people here can't even created a simple animation scene, eh?..I'd realized of my incompetence so no complaint from me, ever. Tremendous episode.
Apr 29, 2014 4:28 PM
Apr 2012
Okay ppl we get it. it was rushed.

But one question

The guy fought the villan, defeated a lvl 5 and still he isnt top rank by now? I mean wtf? what the others did that he didnt do? LOL
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2014

238 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.