Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Nov 2, 2019 12:27 PM

Jul 2016
I can't believe based Onii-sama used facts and logic to destroy Blanche and prove the (magic) wage gap doesn't exist.
All you can hope for in your worldview is consistency
Jan 21, 2020 12:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Her sister seems to be more and more jealous lol
Feb 2, 2020 6:31 AM
Jul 2019
The rhetoric used in this episode to justify a ruling class isnt that different from how feudalism was justified. One more anime where any sort of rebellious group against stabilishment is shown as hypocrite, evil etc while the ruling families are shown are flawless and great leaders you gotta follow and die for like a good servant, kinda sad that in many anime we get to see the shitty side of many eastern cultures and how they are still stuck in this caste divided world as something justifiable for so many years now, anyone who would even protest like you'd see as normal in a modern european country is at best treated like a nuisance who can't understand great leader's choice (that was very glaring in some episodes of Jigoku Shojo too). If the original Star Wars trilogy was a light novel, the empire would be misunderstood noble leaders while the rebels would be a bunch of disruptive assholes that are either misguided or evil, thats how bad certain series get.
Jul 5, 2020 10:08 PM

Aug 2017
Miyuki being jealous in the Student Council room was very funny. That's making a good comic scene. We're introduced to an terrorist organization called Blanche, I'm pretty curious about their plans in that school and that dude who attacked Tatsuya in the forest. It looks like the discrimination stuff going to be more important than I expected.

Heavy dialoge episode again, im liking it so far.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 29, 2020 7:42 PM
May 2020
MGemergencyfiles said:
The rhetoric used in this episode to justify a ruling class isnt that different from how feudalism was justified. One more anime where any sort of rebellious group against stabilishment is shown as hypocrite, evil etc while the ruling families are shown are flawless and great leaders you gotta follow and die for like a good servant, kinda sad that in many anime we get to see the shitty side of many eastern cultures and how they are still stuck in this caste divided world as something justifiable for so many years now, anyone who would even protest like you'd see as normal in a modern european country is at best treated like a nuisance who can't understand great leader's choice (that was very glaring in some episodes of Jigoku Shojo too). If the original Star Wars trilogy was a light novel, the empire would be misunderstood noble leaders while the rebels would be a bunch of disruptive assholes that are either misguided or evil, thats how bad certain series get.

i kinda agree but chill bro, this was literally just the episode 4 of the anime
Sep 24, 2020 12:58 AM

Jun 2020
Honestly, I was getting more enjoyment out of the bowl of cereal I was eating rather than the episode itself.

After watching this episode, I am going to assume it was just info dumping so we can understand what was going on in the next few episodes. But honestly, the ideas that are being projected on the series are just not sticking with me, I feel lost at times because the info dumps are just going in one ear and out the other meaning I can't grasp how magic even works.

Still, I have hope for this series, it is still early and I have already enjoyed parts of it.
Have a great day!

Oct 4, 2020 10:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The plot of an equality and tolerability among those two course kinda enter a new stages by including the outer parties into the academy. Yeah, a ten clans, and the anti magic terrorist. It seemed, the trouble that Tatsuya's involve created a big ravines as its result. Meaning there was something unexpected schemes that potentually appeared in the near future. Gladly, Tatsuya, with his massive amount of knowledge, the ability to analyzed it in a flash already predict the outcome and soon reach its conclusion over the next episode.

Not to mention his explanations over the devices cast jamming, the stone that could jammed the Psion waves and inactivated it, or the magic technique he had to neutralize it that involved the theory of jamming. I was really appreciated with the information. Also, a lot of expression happened. The girls on these series surely had a massive different way affection toward Tatsuya. From his same course senpai, student council, his imouto, even with that sensei. Damn, what a huge advantage he had there! XD

Let see the next then to see Tatsuya plan against that Mibu's senpai and her clubs scheme.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 5, 2020 11:28 PM

Feb 2019
I really liked how they're getting into politics and society and such, especially since to me the world-building is the most appealing part of this series thus far; however, I think that the whole existence of a wristband identifying all members of this terrorist organization was a bit of a stretch. I mean, why would you wear an identifying wristband if you were making an effort to conceal yourself? It really makes no sense.

The bit with the kendo captain and lead girl was very interesting. I think she said that they're trying to raise some sort of revolution, which I thought was going to be inevitable. I mean, they're all being completely oppressed and harassed, so I don't see why not. The kendo captain's tone, though, seemed really sinister. Maybe he has some sort of ulterior motive?

Miyuki's emotions are really out of check. When it comes to Tatsuya, every little thing he says goes straight to her head and messes with her emotions. And then these emotions make her use her magic. So it's either she has so much magic that it just overflows or she's really mentally/emotionally unstable. Maybe Tatsuya had so little emotion that she felt like she needed a lot of it to compensate.
Jun 16, 2021 3:12 AM

Jun 2020
So, worldbuilding thru exposition dump. Is this arc meant to be this boring?? Maybe it’s just me.

So Mari has a boyfriend. Has he been shown yet? I’m losing track of their names lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 11, 2021 4:38 PM
Sep 2020
Tatsuya and Miyuki are like lovey-dovey siblings and that's so cute !!

Those rumors are going around so fast , Tatsuya can make a girl blush omg !!! Miyuki got so mad at Tatsuya for that , its kind cute how protective she is !!!

There's still so much mystery in this anime and they explain things about the anime nicely !!!
Jan 25, 2022 1:48 AM
Oct 2019
anti-magic terrorists? the 10 clans? say what? their aunt is some famous person?

maybe they are really siblings? idk. but if they are, her brother-love is fucking WEIRD

so the interscholarstic club leader guy is the one who sneak attacked the mc?

why was that teacher so provocative? was there something "more" to him calling that kendo girl beautiful? strictly trying to compliment her for his own benefit?

yet again, remains 9/10
Jan 25, 2022 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
HagePotPotato said:
anti-magic terrorists? the 10 clans? say what? their aunt is some famous person?

maybe they are really siblings? idk. but if they are, her brother-love is fucking WEIRD

so the interscholarstic club leader guy is the one who sneak attacked the mc?

why was that teacher so provocative? was there something "more" to him calling that kendo girl beautiful? strictly trying to compliment her for his own benefit?

yet again, remains 9/10
your second question

Be sure to Watch the reminisce arc after this. It explains the starting few minutes you see in the show and why Miyuki is the way she is.
Apr 6, 2022 11:42 AM

Mar 2019
And there's the mystery! Even if I didnt understand who that organization is or what their objective is, I did understand that Miyuki and Tatsuya had a bad past, so that was a nice scene.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 18, 2023 9:24 AM

Nov 2010
The plot is slowly building up into something. I'm looking forward for things to become interesting. In the meantime, I find the wincest and Miyuki getting jealous amusing. Miyuki really wants Tatsuya's D. Hehe
Oct 31, 2023 11:48 AM

Mar 2016
The fact that Mibuki is a POS is fantastic!!!

Wincest all the way!
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.