Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2014 7:18 PM

Apr 2014
Enjoying the series so far despite it's Gary-Stu main character.
Have you worshiped our Empress today?

Apr 19, 2014 7:25 PM
Apr 2014
i wonder is tatsuya the first mc that did not react to getting kick in the shin because normally they always react to that
Apr 19, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2012
Man too much complicated words they're using here.. They explain the magic but I hardly understand it all., hope the plot pick up, too much show off for the MC, we already know hes a badass..

Apr 19, 2014 7:33 PM
Dec 2013
HAHAHA 3 men attacked at once but couldn't even touch his coat ? what kind of bullshit is this

now i love kirito all of a sudden
Apr 19, 2014 7:46 PM
Apr 2014
if any of u think u know how badass he is now than just keep watching this because once u are done u would need to invent a new word just to describe him and to those wondering about when plot will start it already began but it is hard to notice if u did not read the novel so for anime viewer the plot will start on episode 4
Apr 19, 2014 7:52 PM

Jul 2013
LordAura said:
I think the best thing would be someone showing up that is stronger than Tatsuya or at least provides a challenge.

Rewatch the OP and then you might find your answer.
Apr 19, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
tatsuya is beyond op. while the fight scene at the end was pretty cool to watch the whole sequence was cliche. really? not even 1 of those dudes could get a hand on tatsuya?

miyuki lewd scene was uncomfortable to watch. had to skip most of it.

i had to watch the battle conversation 3 times to understand the logic.

lol this isn't a show i could ever recommend to friends. miyuki OTL

SandyBoi said:
LordAura said:
I think the best thing would be someone showing up that is stronger than Tatsuya or at least provides a challenge.

kururugi suzaku is more op than tatsuya?
Apr 19, 2014 8:00 PM

Dec 2013
SandyBoi said:
LordAura said:

Well to be fair that guy could show up and be completely destroyed. I mean just because the opening makes him seem like a worthy opponent doesn't mean he will be. It wouldn't be the first time an anime opening deceived me.
Apr 19, 2014 8:01 PM

Oct 2013
Goodness Tatsuya is such a badass. Damn
Apr 19, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not a fan of the way they pace this show tbh nothing really happens until near the final minutes of the show
Apr 19, 2014 8:23 PM
Nov 2013
Amon-Raw said:
I'm not a fan of the way they pace this show tbh nothing really happens until near the final minutes of the show

I'm not a fan of how they air this show, tbh is just crap.
Apr 19, 2014 8:27 PM
Feb 2011
zannet_t said:
I'm not going to lie, I think this so far has been fairly well animated for those who're approaching the series for the first time. But as someone who's had some familiarity with the LN and the manga, it really comes off as if they're cutting out a lot of material that, while not completely necessary, would've really helped this series along. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete purist when it comes to adaptations. On the other hand, some dialogue are cut out where it would've only taken fewer than 5 seconds to execute so it's not even a length issue. If Madhouse is concerned about budget, it simply shouldn't take on a project as big as Mahouka.
yea i agree. those lines woulda given anime only viewers good hint and make them think more about our MC.
Just to name one example, when Morisaki and Tatsuya had that conversation after being named members of the disciplinary committee:
Ophis said:

Morisaki "Next time I won't be so careless."
Tatsuya "Next time." Huh. "Its a nice thought, to believe in a next time. If it was a real battlefield, there wouldn't be a next time."
Again, not completely necessary, but it was a huge quote in terms of Tatsuya's characterization and it just disappeared.
Apr 19, 2014 8:31 PM

Jul 2013
The latest episode was quite awesome. I mean, I may have underestimated this show uptil now. Hardly ever has an episode ending gotten me as excited as this episode did. Damn! I can't help but look forward to the next episode.
AshishgupApr 19, 2014 8:34 PM
Apr 19, 2014 8:39 PM

Jul 2013
LordAura said:
SandyBoi said:
LordAura said:

Well to be fair that guy could show up and be completely destroyed. I mean just because the opening makes him seem like a worthy opponent doesn't mean he will be. It wouldn't be the first time an anime opening deceived me.

True enough. I guess you'll just have to see then. Going to be a while before that though >.<
Apr 19, 2014 8:43 PM

Jan 2014
nice episode :)
I totally love him now not that he acts so cool just like Hei/BK-201 from DTB. . .but he also has a well composure...
DeadZeroSourceApr 19, 2014 8:48 PM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 19, 2014 8:52 PM
Apr 2014
Rashkolnikov said:
Amon-Raw said:

i am not sure are u a troll or a hater or both na i am gonna say both u completely sound like a troll and a hater so why are u here if u dislike this series so much and if u say i am here just to talk like an idiot about this show is total bs than i really dont see the point, though i do feel like this show was not really for anime viewer for many reason ,right about now but oh well it does not really matter what u say anyway because u say it is crap but the result clearly say people like this anime so i dont really get why u are here if u hated this like total bs?
p.s.if u thought this was suppose to wow u in the beginning than i tell u dont because out of all the arcs this one is the worst compare to all the other but u properly dont care what so ever so no point staying here
oldguestApr 19, 2014 9:04 PM
Apr 19, 2014 9:08 PM
Feb 2011
guestlol said:
Rashkolnikov said:
Amon-Raw said:

i am not sure are u a troll or a hater or both na i am gonna say both u completely sound like a troll and a hater so why are u here if u dislike this series so much and if u say i am here just to talk like an idiot about this show is total bs than i really dont see the point, though i do feel like this show was not really for anime viewer for many reason ,right about now but oh well it does not really matter what u say anyway because u say it is crap but the result clearly say people like this anime so i dont really get why u are here if u hated this like total bs?
p.s.if u thought this was suppose to wow u in the beginning than i tell u dont because out of all the arcs this one is the worst compare to all the other but u properly dont care what so ever so no point staying here

i'm guessing he's just attention wh0re or he's just idiot wasting his time watching and even going for forum to post on something he doesn't like.
edit: i'm sorry i was too harsh on you. maybe it was just bad day to you.
dulguNApr 19, 2014 9:17 PM
Apr 19, 2014 9:20 PM

May 2012
dulguN said:
guestlol said:
Rashkolnikov said:
Amon-Raw said:

i'm guessing he's just attention wh0re or he's just idiot wasting his time watching and even going for forum to post on something he doesn't like.
well this isnt just a discussion for 'wow this is good', 'wow this is good', 'wow is good', 'wow this is good'..

Apr 19, 2014 9:22 PM
Oct 2013
Ya but better than people say wow this is crap for no or stupid reason. Don't think anything wrong with being postive but being toxic is.
Apr 19, 2014 9:25 PM

Nov 2013
arghh ! I really hate cliffhangers ! Craving for more Mahouka action ! XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 9:44 PM
Oct 2013
O ya sucks they left out the part where Erika ask him to go look around at the club with her but than ditch him, thats kinda important for her personality but skipped =\
Apr 19, 2014 9:46 PM
Jun 2009
Dark_Messiah said:
dulguN said:
guestlol said:
Rashkolnikov said:
Amon-Raw said:

well this isnt just a discussion for 'wow this is good', 'wow this is good', 'wow is good', 'wow this is good'..

You should actually read his replies. They aren't even criticisms.

He just comments "Lol what crap this is 1/10" in every episode thread... multiple times.

But... I see that you are of his ilk.
Apr 19, 2014 9:58 PM
May 2013
belatkuro said:

Mari best girl.

THIS THIS THIS! I've liked how much screen time Marina In...er...Mari Watanabe has gotten!

Anyways, I've enjoyed this show, and it might be one of my favorites if it weren't for Miyuki. I'm aware that there may not be any actual incest but I'm still not a fan of Miyuki's...tendencies?

I hope there is some romance with either Erika or one of the Sempais (Mibu or Mari preferrably)! =D
Apr 19, 2014 10:14 PM

Apr 2013
gamer2710 said:
Why the hell would you end the episode in the middle of a fast-paced fight?
^ such terrible editing/pacing decision.
Apr 19, 2014 10:15 PM

Dec 2013
Nice to see Erika's cute side. As for why Miyuki is so fond of his brother, I reckon it's the result of Tatsuya reviving Miyuki (in the OP she was laying down on a pool of blood) with his repair magic and admiration going to the next level. I find this series extremely enjoyable - even re-watched all three episodes once again. I wonder who those ninjas in the opening were and how will the story evolve to that point. It sure looks interesting
Apr 19, 2014 10:17 PM

May 2012
coolxal said:
Dark_Messiah said:
dulguN said:
guestlol said:
Rashkolnikov said:
Amon-Raw said:

He just comments "Lol what crap this is 1/10" in every episode thread... multiple times.

well I dont revisit thread that I already close nor read prev comments(except my fav series). If thats the case then hes just a troll.. what does ilk even means? lol

Apr 19, 2014 10:18 PM

Dec 2013
Sourire said:
gamer2710 said:
Why the hell would you end the episode in the middle of a fast-paced fight?
^ such terrible editing/pacing decision.

Next episode, I believe they'll just skip the fighting scene declaring Tatsuya as the unanimous winner.
Apr 19, 2014 10:18 PM
Oct 2013
ilk -a type of people or things similar to those already referred to.

Google op

Edit: ya I feel like they rushing this too fast to keep the pace of the story up but its cutting out info and making the action scene really fast. Super odd decision coz it could have totally ended with all the club member defeated and on the ground and end there.
Apr 19, 2014 10:19 PM

Dec 2013
Dark_Messiah said:
coolxal said:
Dark_Messiah said:
dulguN said:
guestlol said:
Rashkolnikov said:
Amon-Raw said:

well I dont revisit thread that I already close nor read prev comments(except my fav series). If thats the case then hes just a troll.. what does ilk even means? lol
Use a dictionary
Apr 19, 2014 10:20 PM

Nov 2011
Those peasants are no match for Tatsuya. Without their magic, they are completely fodder to him. Not like Tatsuya can't defeat them without neutralizing their magic.

I am satisfied with how they explained how Tatsuya owned Hattori.

Not very pleased with how they end the episode, come on, show Tatsuya kicking asses more.

Apr 19, 2014 10:35 PM

Oct 2013
guestlol said:
i want to ask how many anime viewer will say tatsuya is a robot or a cyborg or an android because the way they show "That Ability"look something like that but it was great episode in general

me...
Apr 19, 2014 10:44 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode, really loving this series so far. Not sure why people are saying the MC is overpowered and calling him Gary Stu though. We're three episodes in, did you really think some bad ass was gonna come in and curbstomp the MC in the first three episodes? There is plenty more to come, so be patient.

Can't wait for next week's episode.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 19, 2014 11:28 PM

Oct 2013
This show is getting better and better and I can't stop loving Tatsuya more and more
Apr 19, 2014 11:29 PM
Jan 2010
As someone who reads the LN, i wonder how anime only viewers feel when they will realize that the first 3 arcs of this story is basically a long introduction to who is Tatsuya.
(btw, this anime is only covering the first 3 arcs)

Glad that enrollment arc will end on episode 6. 9sc and Yokohama is awesome and i'm glad madhouse realizes that and is trying to get there as quick as possible. I'm pretty sure more episodes will be put into those arcs and they will not be rushed like enrollment so this is good.
Apr 19, 2014 11:34 PM
Sep 2013
Nice episode,.I wonder if eyeglasses people can see something else in Shiba like the captain
Apr 19, 2014 11:41 PM

May 2013
So Cooooool!
Apr 19, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2013
He's not a robot. He's calm and thinks rationally.
He's not OP. He just knows when and how to use his abilities to the fullest.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 20, 2014 12:06 AM

Mar 2009
This guy is more OP than Kirito, and that's saying something.

Maybe Suzaku will knock him down a peg or two. I hope.
Apr 20, 2014 12:07 AM

Sep 2011
I like this ep, less talk- more action (dat end fight is pretty cool) & yes' incest action, the mc is still a robot(jotaro kujo without the charisma & swag) & i dont get why all the girls falling for him ~hes boring! The mahouka world is pretty interesting its like harry potter with sciene without ron & hermione??? The school drama is still to much. Chill! You all just a highschooler....
AndroidJacketApr 20, 2014 12:15 AM
Apr 20, 2014 12:08 AM

Aug 2013
This anime is really getting interesting.
Apr 20, 2014 12:21 AM

Jul 2013
C'mom people Shiba is not OP... He is kicking random high school students ass, not that big a deal... His sister on the other hand appears to be quite the OP for me

He is pretty damn cool though... its been some time since I last saw a mc that cool in a shounen
Apr 20, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2013
Icehism said:
As someone who reads the LN, i wonder how anime only viewers feel when they will realize that the first 3 arcs of this story is basically a long introduction to who is Tatsuya.
(btw, this anime is only covering the first 3 arcs)

Glad that enrollment arc will end on episode 6. 9sc and Yokohama is awesome and i'm glad madhouse realizes that and is trying to get there as quick as possible. I'm pretty sure more episodes will be put into those arcs and they will not be rushed like enrollment so this is good.

This is so sad :(
Well, thanks to the popularity this show has gained, there should be a sequel incoming for the anime no doubt.
Apr 20, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2012
Odd way to end the episode. Was getting pretty good. I'm enjoying the pace of the show so far.
Apr 20, 2014 12:48 AM

Aug 2012
Much better than I expected. I'm so glad that the fight is almost exactly as I envisioned it when reading the novels. Sure, the novel is much more detailed, but seeing it in full-animation is much better.
I expected this to be an info-dump episode, and kudos for handling it well (at least from my perspective.). For those who are confused, watch the mini-episodes, or visit the official site.

One thing though, ending it abruptly is a totally bad decision. :/
Apr 20, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2013
Woah woah, slow down a bit, I don't understand what is going on. The terms, and story, please slow down a bit. But still great episode.

Tatsuya is still a badass in the episode, that ending part was pretty funny, and didn't give them a single punch XD. That Miyuki and Tatsuya bond, was pretty good.

Damn that cliffhanger scene, I can't wait any longer for the next episode :(
omega_d94Apr 20, 2014 12:55 AM

Apr 20, 2014 1:03 AM

Jan 2014
The gradual character development of Tatsuya is great. Good way to build up his fan base with these teasers of his combat skills, and inner monologue. Haven't minded the pacing of the show, I think it's a great way to allow viewers get a feel to the environment of the academy.

Apr 20, 2014 1:06 AM

May 2011
The guy is so OP it's comical lol
Apr 20, 2014 1:27 AM

Apr 2009
Some of these scenes were so platonic... OreImo wishes it was as platonic as this.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 20, 2014 1:43 AM

Apr 2013
That episode was really great.
I can't wait for the next episode.

I'm wondering myself why LiSA is quite always able to sing the Opening of great/hype animes like Fate Zero and Swort Art Online.
Apr 20, 2014 1:44 AM

May 2013
wow this anime is amazing, this guy is too op. He wreck everyone
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.