Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 13, 2014 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
Damn. this episode was beautiful. shed a tear at the end.
Apr 13, 2014 12:38 PM

Dec 2007
About what I expected. Dropped.
Apr 13, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2009
I liked the first episode more than this one, tbh. I feel like there's too much crammed into this ep (oho, now she's in the dungeon, now they're chatting in the gardens and she gets shot by an assassin - no guards anywhere nearby btw - and now she's sent off only to immediately return to sing on top of a tower, and all this is occasionally interrupted by the king's backstory). There's also some interesting fast travel going on.

And yeah, that song at the end wasn't what I had expected at all, especially with all the english inserts like your average pop song.

Hoping to like the next ep better :)
Apr 13, 2014 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
Tekakurika said:
Its just me or it was really rushed?

That's what I thought so too.
Good episode though. love the song.
Apr 13, 2014 2:13 PM

Jan 2011
Zealot said:
Wait, so she summons the rain with J-pop?

I laughed :D
She also managed to point the rain to extinguish a fire in a room of a palace, thats some J-pop power :D
Apr 13, 2014 2:14 PM

Dec 2010
people calling this episode mediocre are pretty stupid
what more can you expect from a shoujo anime?
this episode was actually moving and it was pretty much a perfect episode, shojo wise
loving it
bumped my current rating from 7 to 9. i hope it stays that way till the end
dat song, dat rain
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Apr 13, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2011
bunny_lover said:
rfv14 said:
and pls spoil me about one thing: will the king ever get older? I like both the king and the princess, but together they give me creeps, so I don't know if I should continue to watch this?
think of them as sister and brother

Yea, since I was bothered by the same I ended up checking the manga - no, he doesnt grow up significantly and we will have to deal with (for me at least) awkward romance scenes with those two. You cant think of them as siblings - they sleep in the same bed, fall in love with eachother, kiss, etc. You get the picture. Drop it before its too late if you think you cant handle it.

Orulyon said:
Shuhan said:
So that rain put out a fire that was inside a building?
wot

LOOOL probably there was a hole on the ceiling;P

Wtf is with you guys? She can control the wind so far as to cut steel with it, you think it would be that hard for her to blow part of the rain trough the window and put out some miserable fire inside of a stone castle room (that cant burn itself, so the fire cant be that great, doh).
AlexGKApr 13, 2014 2:47 PM
Apr 13, 2014 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was quite enjoyable. Livius(don't know it it's right) is kinda creeping me out when he was going on about "the world is meant to hurt others" thing.

Nike's song is so beautiful, but I do agree with some people. It feels weird how the English parts and there's J-Pop parts. But overall I love it!! I wish the full version would come out!

peacecraft said:
scruffykiwi said:
peacecraft said:
I'm pretty sure the King is 11. As said in his character profile form the JP wiki: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%9D%E3%82%8C%E3%81%A7%E3%82%82%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E3%81%AF%E7%BE%8E%E3%81%97%E3%81%84

即位して僅か3年で世界征服を果たした世界王だが、まだ11歳の少年。
He has only been on the throne for three years but has managed to conquer the entire world, but he is still an 11 year old boy.

I'd say Nike is anywhere from 16~21 though.

He's 15. It says so in Chapter 13 of the manga

http://mangafox.me/manga/soredemo_sekai_wa_utsukushii/v03/c013/17.html

First of all, that link doesn't work. And he's 11. I'll take a the Japanese wiki as a more reliable source than a fan scanlation of the manga. (He doesn't even look close to 15!)

...Puberty came early for him. His voice definitely does not suit his age. But it suits his personality so much. I don't imagine his arrogance coming through a child's mouth.
Apr 13, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2013
Very good episode. Great comedy. The king is a strict kid.
Nike and the kid live in totally different worlds. Nike believes violence is not always the answer whereas the king thinks that to keep people in line you have to be extremely strict.
I don't quite understand it, if the kid was from a poor background, how did he end up king? Even if somehow he ended up in that position, how did he manage to conquer a large part of the world and maintain control over it despite being a child? I hope they give a better flashback at his past in the coming episodes.
Apr 13, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode.
That was a very beautiful song.
3.5/5
Apr 13, 2014 4:29 PM
Apr 2010
too shoujo, also predictable
Apr 13, 2014 4:50 PM

Sep 2007
The song was really beautiful.
Didn't thought that would be this good.
Apr 13, 2014 4:54 PM

Feb 2011
you guys are picky as fuck
i liked this episode

Apr 13, 2014 5:04 PM

Jun 2008
AlexGK said:

Wtf is with you guys? She can control the wind so far as to cut steel with it, you think it would be that hard for her to blow part of the rain trough the window and put out some miserable fire inside of a stone castle room (that cant burn itself, so the fire cant be that great, doh).

Good point, lol :D

Zealot said:

Its not just a J-pop song...its J-pop song with Engrish :D hahaha (Thruth to be told, when I read the manga I imagined something more like Ranka Lee's "Aimo")

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Aug 2007
magicalanime17 said:
...Puberty came early for him. His voice definitely does not suit his age. But it suits his personality so much. I don't imagine his arrogance coming through a child's mouth.

He is definitely 11. I've been lurking various /a/ threads as well and more than 1 person has confirmed that the fan translation of that "15" line is incorrect.

From one of the threads: "That was the whole argument, it was an incorrect translation, the grandma said "When I was 15 years old, not much different than you..." and it was translated as "When I was 15 years old like you."

He's is 11, Nike is like 16. End of story. (and Japanese fans have commented about his voice being too old sounding for the character. Wonder why the anime staff didn't choice a female seiyuu for him)
Apr 13, 2014 7:13 PM
Apr 2013
Why are some here so creeped out by the age difference? Is it because it's a boy or what? Because I'd be very surprised if you haven't watched an anime with a perverted loli or with loli fanservice in it, considering that's about 70% of anime.

EDIT: This post ruined my 420 comment count. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.
Apr 13, 2014 8:15 PM
Feb 2009
so so series in my opinion
Apr 14, 2014 12:19 AM

Oct 2013
Good episode.

I'm loving Nike a lot. What a good girl, and nice to see her giving that brat a hard beating. Loved the commotion she made, she's the best. XD

She looks good in that outfit, but that brat went on emo mode just after that.

Beautiful OST at the tower scene and in the garden. Looks like the drama part has already started.

That song was beautiful! The song fits her totally for her sweet and cute voice. Props to the singer!
Apr 14, 2014 1:16 AM
Mar 2014
Nike's singing voice was amazing !
Apr 14, 2014 3:12 AM

Jan 2011
MrsKotobuki said:
Why are some here so creeped out by the age difference? Is it because it's a boy or what? Because I'd be very surprised if you haven't watched an anime with a perverted loli or with loli fanservice in it, considering that's about 70% of anime.

EDIT: This post ruined my 420 comment count. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Cose females enter puberty years before males. So age difference when the female is 5 or so years older has greater impact, especially when we talk about 11 year old male (he is literally a kid at this age) and 16 years old female (again at that age sexually she IS a woman). If Livi was 22 and Nike 27 it would not look that weird. For gods sake, at this time her boobs are bigger than his head, lol.
There would be nothing wrong if they just liked eachother without any sexual attraction untill Livi got to be at least 14-15, but right now? Brr...
On the other side - I managed not to drop a shitty reverse harem (Arcana Famiglia), Shinsekai yori with its yuri and especially yaoi scenes (yuck... I wish I could unsee those really...) so how bad can this be?
AlexGKApr 14, 2014 3:24 AM
Apr 14, 2014 3:27 AM

Sep 2011
Nice song but I wish it didn't have the english lines. I'm gonna keep watching this

Zealot said:

OMG LOL XD
pew pew pew
Apr 14, 2014 4:22 AM

Dec 2007
MrsKotobuki said:

You can be creeped out by both.
Apr 14, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2013
YAYA LOVE IT ... I want the kid to get older O_O , 8/10 from now if dat happened 9/10

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Apr 14, 2014 8:41 AM

Nov 2013
not bad, but am a little disappointed, from the summary i thought this will be something llike Kino no tabi.
i hope this gets better, ep 1 was good tough.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series looks, watch it.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series is, watch it until the bitter end.
As it is the true essence of what makes one an anime warrior.
Apr 14, 2014 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
Can someone please help me out? I don't see any update on how many episodes this one will have? There are 7 vol out in Japan but I'm not experienced enough to estimate how many episodes there will be.. Was there no official number set? Or What?? Kinda sounds impossible because 2 episodes are already out. :\
Apr 14, 2014 1:20 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Loved Nike's voice and the song, but is that seriously the rain summoning ritual song? I don't know what to think of this episode. I'm with the peeps out there wondering why rain is being summoned with J-Pop, lol.
Apr 14, 2014 7:46 PM

Oct 2011
Nike's song was beautiful. It touched the kIng's heart. I hope he changes throughout the series
Apr 14, 2014 11:34 PM

Jun 2013
peacecraft said:
magicalanime17 said:

He is definitely 11. I've been lurking various /a/ threads as well and more than 1 person has confirmed that the fan translation of that "15" line is incorrect.

From one of the threads: "That was the whole argument, it was an incorrect translation, the grandma said "When I was 15 years old, not much different than you..." and it was translated as "When I was 15 years old like you."

He's is 11, Nike is like 16. End of story. (and Japanese fans have commented about his voice being too old sounding for the character. Wonder why the anime staff didn't choice a female seiyuu for him)

Him being 11 makes sense. I was surprised to learn he was 15 when reading the manga because of how young he looked. His voice is definitely way too deep, even if he is rather mature for an 11 year old.
Apr 15, 2014 2:10 AM

May 2013
The pacing feels a little strange to me so far; a lot of what I thought was going to be part of a major plot was introduced (like wanting to see the rain and so forth), but it was resolved very quickly...

Still very cute c:
'From my speeding car, I catch a glimpse through the trees of what looks like the ocean. Hope... a premonition. Every month, as I write, I am visited by such moments. The scene that follows is sometimes an ocean brighter than anything I could have imagined, sometimes a barren seashore littered with rocks, sometimes a place I once visited, sometimes a road that ends up going nowhere.

I would like to end up at a heartbreakingly beautiful sea.'

-Hiroyuki Asada, 2010
Apr 15, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2011
the „introduction“ to the summoning song was great, but then the song itself was a little bit out of place. ^^ whatever, i like the opening song more and more! <3
Apr 15, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2010
I really like they took the time to cover the villain/rebellion in the anime since they barely mention them in the manga. The rain song, however, was out of place. I was hoping it to be a folk song well considering she is good in folk dance so it makes since.

The art is such a downgrade from episode 1. I know most anime studio do this, but not to the point where the art style change. The background from ep 1 is like a drawing you see in an art gallery.
Apr 15, 2014 11:38 AM
Feb 2013
How sweet, Nike came to save the brat.
Apr 15, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2009
Rather slow paced but pretty nice, Nike is still great. Really like her voice~
I like where this is headed and nice atmosphere..

The song was beautiful but putting in English lyrics kinda made it seem out of place..
Apr 15, 2014 4:14 PM

May 2010
Zealot said:

macross.

pace was a bit quick
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 15, 2014 11:45 PM
Mar 2007
i somehow felt the episode was a bit rushed and with less expressed conversation on what Nike meant by "experience" but as its something you dont just understand through words alone, the song at the end just concluded everything that Nike would want to tell Liv.. to experience the beauty of this world.. it happened the other around though (instead of Liv making Nike experience).

it made me look forward to the next episodes..
the producers must have more tricks under their sleeves!

anyway, does anyone have the lyrics of the song? ;A;)!!! anyone? please TwT)
i just so love the song and Rena's amazing, soulful voice!
what is their music industry even doing!? overlooking this talent OAO"
she got 3 songs so far TAT)
Apr 16, 2014 1:32 AM

Apr 2011
It wasn't that bad of an episode. Nike is funny. What a nice lovely dress she wears. Except for that pink earmuffs.

I see butt naked shouta king at the end. So does that mean we'll naked shouta sex scene near the end of the series now?

Nice song. The power of j-pop songs should not be underestimated.
Apr 16, 2014 2:01 AM

Mar 2012
Quite a fun episode to watch. I'm loving Nike more and more the further the show progresses (though it's not very far so as of now xD). I've seen too many female leads that end up being pushovers and hardly contribute overall. It was really awesome to see that she broke out of prison on her own.

Well, I look forward to see how this show will pan out in the future episodes.
Apr 16, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
good episode, disappointed that the rain summoning song is just a regular j-pop song
Apr 17, 2014 12:23 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, this was so amazing and beautiful. Literally had chills when Nike sang the rain song, too good. But I'm kinda surprised that she has already summoned the rain even though it's only episode 2. NONETHELESS, this was awesome.
Apr 17, 2014 7:14 AM
Jun 2012
peacecraft said:

(and Japanese fans have commented about his voice being too old sounding for the character. Wonder why the anime staff didn't choice a female seiyuu for him)

They are, for the flashbacks to when his mother lived.

I guess they thought it would sound too creepy if he had a prepubescent voice as a love interest.
Apr 17, 2014 10:20 AM

May 2011
I was hoping for a more ominous song for Nike to use to call the rain.

This episode gave me mood whiplash. One moment they're having fun in the pool, and the next, Nike gets an arrow in her. I didn't like the pacing.
Apr 17, 2014 11:06 AM
Apr 2013
Pink_Ribbon said:
I was hoping for a more ominous song for Nike to use to call the rain.

This episode gave me mood whiplash. One moment they're having fun in the pool, and the next, Nike gets an arrow in her. I didn't like the pacing.

I agree with this as far as the pacing being a buzzkill, but I think it makes sense. Foes always attack when you're most at-ease, and it was interesting to see something like that happen during a lighthearted moment, since it's realistic.
Apr 17, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
So much better than first episode.Now i can actually say im liking it.Characters are interesting, and i like story.

Zealot said:
Lmao
Apr 18, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
I must admit, when she started singing with the music in the background, I couldn't help laughing xD
I didn't expected that, it was like it suddenly had transformed in a musical comedy :P
Also, I found it a bit weird that the rain have been able to stop a fire in a room of a castle :/
Well, I'll pass on this one.

The episode was good in overall. The King character is interresting. Despite his childish face, he have nothing of an angel. He is more in fact a cruel king with his subject, though, he seem to be fond in his people. It's not really surprising since he was born in a lower class.

That arrow out of nowhere... I know that feeling, assassin-kun. My assassination attempt in Crusader King II always fail too :(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 20, 2014 5:54 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Beautiful song and "casting" the "magic" in this anime is really nice and harmonic.. that chanting and song afterwards is just superb.

I really like this anime so far :D

Though my only question was. "How the heck rain put out fire inside the building??"
Apr 21, 2014 6:08 PM
Jan 2012
dat song! made me sleepy... :D
Apr 28, 2014 8:03 PM

Dec 2011
Such a beautiful episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 1:37 AM
May 2012
hmmm finally something the other way around to the usual loli anime's. this time its young dude. hell yeah
Ezsence
May 1, 2014 5:50 PM

May 2012
Nice IS and ED.
7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 8, 2014 2:51 AM

May 2013
"flowers are just flowers" <----I agree in what he truly means. The world was beautiful but today in real life I'm having doubts.
"stars are just stars" <----- ow the sarcasm in his timing

Good Episode
Livius personality somehow reminded me of myself when I was a kid. I could trust no one. Well even now I dont trust people but the way he goes about it reminds me of so much of a bittersweet past.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

131 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

72 by Dawizz »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

121 by Dawizz »»
Jan 31, 2023 12:13 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM

» Livi and Nike ages range??

NajSuarez94 - Jul 22, 2014

7 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.