Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2014 7:58 PM

Jul 2012
OMG! So glad this anime finally aired! I've been dying to see it, especially after all the pictures and previews I've watched!
The wait was so worth it: I love this anime! xD It's so cool: Art is unique and awesome, the main characters are so awesome, the whole story and setting look amazing! xD

So can't wait to see the next episode, it looks pretty interesting. xD
Woot, so happy to see this anime! xD
Apr 9, 2014 8:11 PM
Feb 2014
Sora kinda reminds me of Kelight from SAO. I have a lot of huh expectations for this show, it has a lot of potential and it's very unique.
Apr 9, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2010
Well, it has generic elements, and stuff I don't really like but, from what I've seen, it might have potential too. The colors are so fucking vivid though, I mean they are interesting for my brain but not for my eyes. This is Sunday Without God all over again, jeez Madhouse.

The fanservice is OK, after all is an ecchi show but you know it is always the best not to go overboard. Anyway, I really found the MC fascinating so here's a plus.
Apr 9, 2014 8:24 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode! Can't wait for next week. :D
This world is Rotten. Rotten people should be killed off to cleanse this world.
Yagami Raito (Death Note)

Since The Beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens, neither you, nor I, not even God himself, but that emptiness in the throne of heaven will be filled from this day forth, i will be the one to stand in the heavens.
Aizen Sosuke (Bleach)

In a world like that, there’d be no need for love anymore either. If everyone were perfect, there would be no need to look out for others. Sympathy or love is needed because people are imperfect. A perfect human cannot love anyone.
Keima Katsuragi (The World God Only Knows)

Apr 9, 2014 8:39 PM

Jul 2012
Kjeldoran said:
pipeds said:
GreenDrag said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Did any of you guys notice? It says the main character has a communication disorder. And yet he could converse with all these people who stood before his very eyes pretty naturally, even pulling off some negotiations and the like.
He did not talk to them via computer screen or anything. He had all these people right before his very eyes. Unless he was considering every single person he was talking to an NPC (the "Villager A" kind), I'm really curious how he could display such high level social skills despite his communication disorder.

Just watch the next episode. It should clear up a few things...

Can you please tell us now because I am really on a brink of dropping this anime since it really is full of naive kids wanting their own fantasy world. Add it with some fanservice. So yeah, I need some kind of explanation about his communication disorder and how the hell can you he communicate so well like it is nothing. You can put it in a spoiler tag. So please please....

I second this motion. Maybe he's brainwashing himself to believing "it's all a game" and that's allowing himself to do some crazy mental gymnastics? Somebody who cares about this story just go ahead and spill the beans already.

It might have been colorful, but the color palette was so subdued that it made it seem a whole lot worse in my opinion. The sorta pastel look it's trying to go for makes the artwork look cheap; it would have been better if it went for something more crisper or with more saturation.

I don't see why this is so viral. I think I'm going to stick to watching Jojo kick some ass this season and take a rain check on this unless the main dude gets taken down a notch.

Apr 9, 2014 8:41 PM

May 2008
I was waiting for this after it had been announced, having read the available manga chapters. It didn't disappoint. Looking forward to the next episode!
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Apr 9, 2014 8:42 PM

Mar 2012
I find the main cast very likable to me.
i like the character design, beautiful background, the plot is strong in this one.
this is the new era of Anime art.

thank you, no CGI
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 9, 2014 8:45 PM

Mar 2013
The skill level of efficiently using 4 characters at once? = God-tier level
Absolutely amazing duo..
The colors and everything are aesthetically pleasing :)
Not gonna lie, this has got to be one of the most promising anime that came out this season. I'm really looking forward to how the OP MC (in regards to his current world) puts is skill level to use...
Apr 9, 2014 8:47 PM
Nov 2013
So fucking colorful, I like it. Definitely a promising start, let's hope Madhouse doesn't royally screw us like they did with Mahou Sensou. I'm definitely lookin forward to this series, especially since the two mains aren't annoying.
Apr 9, 2014 8:59 PM

Aug 2012
Kickass show, and it doesn't even need someone who kicks real ass.

4/5
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 9, 2014 9:01 PM

Oct 2012
This is gonna be a fun ride. Also anyone noticed the ''Sora-ta and Ma-Shiro.''
Apr 9, 2014 9:07 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Really like the artstyle, the brown/red outlines really have a dramatic effect from the traditional black outlines.
Manages to stay interesting
Apr 9, 2014 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
Legit.

11 year old panty shots was a little > > but she is a cute imouto. Should of made her a little older.

Excited for all of this.
Apr 9, 2014 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
Very interesting episode; easily one of the best this season. The art is definitely odd, but it is a breath of fresh air at the very least. I eagerly await next week's episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 9:12 PM

Aug 2012
Good first episode, hope they can keep this up throughout the series.
Apr 9, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2012
Well, this was actually good, very attractive series so far.
Apr 9, 2014 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
i knew this was an ecchi when i watched it, but really didnt pay attention to the fanservice(never even noticed it, TBH), just to the MC duo, so people pls, stop hating
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Apr 9, 2014 9:39 PM

Dec 2010
Interesting premise with a pretty good execution! I wasn't aware that this was an ecchi series until now, and I don't typically watch that genre, but I'm in on this one...

I can kind of relate to the main characters and their desire to leave the world, and the way they use their skills to succeed is a nice twist, as is how they don't want to go home.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with this show!
Apr 9, 2014 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
Huh? games with no strategic element at all and filled with cheating? sure it's a vibrant show but how in the world does this get an early 8.3 rating? it's not exactly an original story (Mondaiji copy much?) and the whole package seems average.

Oh well.. at least there's Yoko Hikasa. Let's see if they can make this series a little bit interesting. Hopefully there'll be more strategic elements to the games instead of using some super human power to win games. 3/10 for now.
MoeGodApr 9, 2014 10:20 PM
Apr 9, 2014 10:01 PM

Dec 2013
If I'm correct, he's just socially awkward in a way that he can negotiate well if needed but can't keep up a normal conversation?
Apr 9, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2013
Cant wait for next week episode! Love this series already!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 10:25 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, i'm mindblown,those vibrant colors. So far this seems fucking awesome,it has a lot of potential too, i loved it :)
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 9, 2014 10:26 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. This is so like Mondaiji.

The color palette for the animation is kinda hard for the eyes since it is using so much pastel colors and no negative dark colors... it will be hard to get used to this.

Anyways, love it. Can't wait to see more.

Can't believe the big coincidence of how this is close to Sakurasou, Sora and Shiro... has the same names and even voice actors of Sorata and Mashiro. Ahhh!
Apr 9, 2014 10:42 PM

Nov 2013
I really liked that. Love the colors and intensity.
Apr 9, 2014 10:50 PM
Oct 2011
Decent adaption,they did skip/change a few things like the one playing poker with them was actually a guy and a lolicon at that if i remember right, but nothing major.
Looking forward to the animated "Chess" match.
Apr 9, 2014 10:56 PM

Oct 2013
Fiji said:
Wow. This is so like Mondaiji.

and i really enjoyed mondaiji! Hope this one's fun!
Apr 9, 2014 11:00 PM

Feb 2012
It's like fantasy Kaiji without the struggling. Not bad, but not great.
Apr 9, 2014 11:19 PM

Apr 2011
great 1st epd
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Apr 9, 2014 11:22 PM

Jun 2013
Wow what an awesome first episode. Starting out with some shimapan loli fanservice lol

The color scheme is pretty weird. I am really looking forward to more :D
Apr 9, 2014 11:32 PM
Jul 2013
swordstriker21 said:
Kjeldoran said:
pipeds said:
GreenDrag said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Did any of you guys notice? It says the main character has a communication disorder. And yet he could converse with all these people who stood before his very eyes pretty naturally, even pulling off some negotiations and the like.
He did not talk to them via computer screen or anything. He had all these people right before his very eyes. Unless he was considering every single person he was talking to an NPC (the "Villager A" kind), I'm really curious how he could display such high level social skills despite his communication disorder.

Just watch the next episode. It should clear up a few things...

Can you please tell us now because I am really on a brink of dropping this anime since it really is full of naive kids wanting their own fantasy world. Add it with some fanservice. So yeah, I need some kind of explanation about his communication disorder and how the hell can you he communicate so well like it is nothing. You can put it in a spoiler tag. So please please....

I second this motion. Maybe he's brainwashing himself to believing "it's all a game" and that's allowing himself to do some crazy mental gymnastics? Somebody who cares about this story just go ahead and spill the beans already.

It might have been colorful, but the color palette was so subdued that it made it seem a whole lot worse in my opinion. The sorta pastel look it's trying to go for makes the artwork look cheap; it would have been better if it went for something more crisper or with more saturation.

I don't see why this is so viral. I think I'm going to stick to watching Jojo kick some ass this season and take a rain check on this unless the main dude gets taken down a notch.

Man, I can't really understand why this anime is so high rated or is it because of the fanservice?
Oh and did I mention how Sora played all those 4characters with just his hands and feet? Man....we just got into one hell of a @$$!@$.
pipedsApr 9, 2014 11:36 PM
Apr 9, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2008
It's funny, interesting, and production value is high. And the chemistry between the siblings is great too.
Likely to be my top pick for this season too.

Urek said:
well... it was fine i guess... but tone down with the fanservice, do you hear >_>

I can never get enough actually.
Apr 9, 2014 11:40 PM

Sep 2010
Tha art is so incredible, from the characters to the scenery. As long as they lay off the panty shots of the 11 year old this will be great. I love shimapan but seriously, stop.
Apr 9, 2014 11:42 PM

Mar 2014
Definitely an interesting premise, liked the art too, it was lively and vivid.
Apr 9, 2014 11:43 PM

Jun 2009
The colors really kill my eyes..
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Apr 9, 2014 11:45 PM

Nov 2012
I am reading the light novel and was afraid the anime would be unable to live up to it but it was really good
Apr 9, 2014 11:48 PM

Jan 2009
already ranked #237 after 1 day. not bad
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 9, 2014 11:58 PM
Jul 2013
I think we need to have another thread where those people who have read the manga and light novel will rate the anime.
They are kinda bias and kinda ruins the ratings here.
Apr 10, 2014 12:08 AM

Dec 2013
Oh lol. He managed to act so cool in this first episode but on the next one he will show his real self :D
Apr 10, 2014 12:08 AM

Mar 2013
Hm don't remember Dora losing her clothes in the bet (shown in the preview) must be probably for fan service, or I'm getting forgetful....
Apr 10, 2014 12:10 AM

Dec 2013
--_x said:
another dose of SORAta and maSHIRO...

what's up with the sorata and mashiro thing?
Apr 10, 2014 12:25 AM
Jul 2013
Anon1409 said:
--_x said:

In No Game No Life, Sora's seiyuu, Matsuoka Yoshitsugu and Shiro's seiyuu, Kayano Ai also voice Kanda Sorata and Shiina Mashiro from the anime, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo respectively, making them a possible ship (incest though so...)
"Vanish into the embrace of dark flames!"
Apr 10, 2014 12:35 AM

May 2013
Quite liked it because of the beautiful animation. I remembered TWGOK when Sora and Shiro said "This world is a crappy game." and even Sakurasou for the names. This will be a heck of anime this season.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 10, 2014 12:44 AM

Jul 2012
exateneo34 said:
Anon1409 said:
--_x said:

In No Game No Life, Sora's seiyuu, Matsuoka Yoshitsugu and Shiro's seiyuu, Kayano Ai also voice Kanda Sorata and Shiina Mashiro from the anime, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo respectively, making them a possible ship (incest though so...)

They're step siblings. Shiro was the daughter of Soras dads new wife from a previous marriage.
Apr 10, 2014 12:45 AM
Apr 2013
A WILD SHOTA APPEARS

I really loved this episode. Beautiful colors, adorable characters, great setting. This was what I was most looking forward to this season and I wasn't disappointed. Could do without the loli fanservice but I can look past it considering how much fun I had watching it. Will definitely be keeping up with this.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoApr 10, 2014 1:32 AM
Apr 10, 2014 12:49 AM

Oct 2010
Loli, brother sis complex, blue stripes? This anime busted out the big guns and I'm glad it did (^_^)b.
Apr 10, 2014 12:50 AM

Sep 2013
Blown away. e.e I'm so eager for more.
Apr 10, 2014 12:51 AM
Feb 2009
definitely reminds me of mashiro lol
Apr 10, 2014 12:56 AM

Jul 2012
pipeds said:

Man, I can't really understand why this anime is so high rated or is it because of the fanservice?
Oh and did I mention how Sora played all those 4characters with just his hands and feet? Man....we just got into one hell of a @$$!@$.

Every one has their own tastes. I don't blame you for not liking ecchi shows in general. One of the main reasons why the LN readers (Yes, the LN readers. It's getting quite common w/ baka-tsuki and all.) love the series is that the games are at least well structured. There's admittedly some need for moderate to high suspension of disbelief but a majority of the fans find the games enjoyable. They're not just a simple clash of super powers. Not to mention that humanity doesn't have any ability at all. Simply their wits and cunning.

And I guess that's the main draw of the series. Trying to win games against races who have super powers and abilities w/ intellect and guts alone and is executed in such a way that most readers find them interesting and exciting. But I know whatever I say wont change your mind so I'll end this rant here. Cheers mate.
swordstriker21Apr 10, 2014 1:00 AM
Apr 10, 2014 1:05 AM
Jul 2013
swordstriker21 said:
pipeds said:

Every one has their own tastes. I don't blame you for not liking ecchi shows in general. One of the main reasons why the LN readers (Yes, the LN readers. It's getting quite common w/ baka-tsuki and all.) love the series is that the games are at least well structured. There's admittedly some need for moderate to high suspension of disbelief but a majority of the fans find the games enjoyable. They're not just a simple clash of super powers. Not to mention that humanity doesn't have any ability at all. Simply their wits and cunning.

And I guess that's the main draw of the series. Trying to win games against races who have super powers and abilities w/ intellect and guts alone and is executed in such a way that most readers find them interesting and exciting. But I know whatever I say wont change your mind so I'll end this rant here. Cheers mate.

Indeed. Cheers. Although I didn't like this just because it is ecchi...
It's just frustrating why I don't understand how people think of this anime as the best one yet.
Maybe it's because I keep comparing the situations in the anime in real life like
pipedsApr 10, 2014 1:09 AM
Apr 10, 2014 1:17 AM

Dec 2012
Best anime this year! OMG!!

Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.