Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2014 4:50 AM

Feb 2012
What do you call a reverse-lolicon?
Apr 9, 2014 4:55 AM

Oct 2012
Best loli ever.
Apr 9, 2014 5:06 AM
Apr 2013
Animefanx3 said:
I actually enjoyed it more than I expected so that's a nice thing. I don't like Enju as loli though, even if all the Cursed Children are born female it doesn't mean they have to look like they're 12. It would give the anime a bit of a kick or make it more serious if they made Rentaro's parter at least a proper teenager, idk, it just feels a little silly to watch a 12 year old save humanity I guess.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the story though, I really hope it won't turn into a comedy with now and then a fight as most action anime's tend to be, if you're going to make your serie have a serious and "dark/heavy" setting they should make the story follow that setting.

If you read the manga/LN, you will understand that they do not grow physically (not sure if mentally too) past 10 years old ^^
Apr 9, 2014 5:43 AM
Jul 2013
laFinAzn said:
Animefanx3 said:
I actually enjoyed it more than I expected so that's a nice thing. I don't like Enju as loli though, even if all the Cursed Children are born female it doesn't mean they have to look like they're 12. It would give the anime a bit of a kick or make it more serious if they made Rentaro's parter at least a proper teenager, idk, it just feels a little silly to watch a 12 year old save humanity I guess.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the story though, I really hope it won't turn into a comedy with now and then a fight as most action anime's tend to be, if you're going to make your serie have a serious and "dark/heavy" setting they should make the story follow that setting.

If you read the manga/LN, you will understand that they do not grow physically (not sure if mentally too) past 10 years old ^^

I've just watched the first episode and I think the answer to that question is because the curse children were only created for a span of ten years and below. So yeah, they'd be a lolicion, like gradeschoolers.

In any case, I really wonder how this people still live like nothing is happening. And I just want to know how the hell can this high quality society live with the rest of the world in brink of destruction? Did they develop somekind of machine that creates food and materials?
Apr 9, 2014 5:45 AM

Oct 2007
Enjoyed it more than expected given my expectations for this show wasn't that high.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 6:09 AM

Dec 2013
This isn't my favorite anime of the season so far, but that doesn't mean that it was bad or not original. The characters just need to grow on me a little more.

There scene when that guy turned into that spider thing, DAYUM.
Also the cursed children are lolis but the oldest ones would only be 10-11 years old in the timeline of the story so it makes sense. It's just another riffle saying, yeah humanity is screwed
HibbingtonApr 9, 2014 6:13 AM
Apr 9, 2014 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
pipeds said:
laFinAzn said:
Animefanx3 said:

I've just watched the first episode and I think the answer to that question is because the curse children were only created for a span of ten years and below. So yeah, they'd be a lolicion, like gradeschoolers.

In any case, I really wonder how this people still live like nothing is happening. And I just want to know how the hell can this high quality society live with the rest of the world in brink of destruction? Did they develop somekind of machine that creates food and materials?

also, if someone else ask why they dont give the cops varanium and let them hunt them, these are the answers:

1)

2) these cursed childrens are immune against the gastrea virus. remember, the virus spread via body fluids (blood, spit). if a police member get contact with it, he/she turns into a gastrea instead. this is why they have this system of promoter and initiator.

btw, there are also varanium swords and blades etc., but rentaro preferrs bullets. more to this in the next episode.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 9, 2014 6:42 AM

Jan 2014
I found it quite interesting to be honest. OP is decent and i like the characters so far.
Seems like there are three anime series for me this season i'm going to stay with ^^
Apr 9, 2014 6:55 AM
Feb 2013
Might be good.

Enju reminds me of Yaya, character-wise, and Kisara reminds me of Nadeko Sengoku, appearance-wise.
kcuf
Apr 9, 2014 6:58 AM

Oct 2012
I expected to be kinda more serious than it was. The setting is dark, but the character interactions are super relaxed and light-hearted. Dont get me wrong I really enjoyed it enough, but I hope it stays a little bit closer to the dark atmosphere the setting created.
Apr 9, 2014 7:35 AM

Nov 2012
The animation was nice, but overall the episode was boring. Let's hope the next eps will be A LOT better.
Apr 9, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
Precocious clingy loli a la Yaya and Rin Kokonoe...yep AOTS 6/5

Anywho, the plot doesn't seem original. Post apocalyptic Infected outbreak setting, only a chosen few can defeat them. We've seen this before. I wouldn't call it a bad thing essentially. There were many platformers after Super Mario Bros. but they had their own spin on things. The characters have potential and judging by a few people that read the LN it gets better...if the studio doesn't screw it up.

If it does get worse, Enju will probably be the character that brings me back :3c. I can see how some people can find her annoying (high pitched voice, her precociousness, clingy) I find her charming and huggable. I can see those syringes coming into play later...

4/5, the first anime of this season I can't wait for the next episode of. Hopefully it's 24 episodes and if I crave more, I'll go to the LN.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Apr 9, 2014 7:48 AM
Feb 2012
This one's tricky. On the one hand there's the OP and ED, both performed by artists I like, the masked guy (voiced by one of my favourite seiyuu) and the crazy professor/doctor. On the other hand MC-kun is boring as hell and it looks like the show's setting up a harem-esque environment (which, due to its predictability, is something I cannot stand anymore).

How about the story? Is it a story with potential? Hardly. The Cursed Children are the ones you're supposed to feel for, the ones sacrificing themselves for the sake of humanity and whatnot.
Is it a story I'd regret not having watched? Well... I don't think so. All in all there's not enough to keep me interested. I'll drop it and take a minute to think of masked guy and crazy sensei, trapped in a shitty story.

Also, Kaji Yuki's literally everywhere. '-'
RachmaninowApr 9, 2014 7:52 AM
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 9, 2014 8:22 AM

Aug 2013
Fripside :D Anyways, hearing about the Gastrea was really interesting, same with the Cursed Children which makes me curious about Enju. The ending scene gave me some AOT vibes, with the whole: "Humanity was almost wiped out" thing. It was a great episode and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Apr 9, 2014 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
Promising. Overall, really enjoyed it, even with the whole loli/harem thing going on.
Apr 9, 2014 8:44 AM

Oct 2009
Mauroki said:
I expected to be kinda more serious than it was. The setting is dark, but the character interactions are super relaxed and light-hearted. Dont get me wrong I really enjoyed it enough, but I hope it stays a little bit closer to the dark atmosphere the setting created.

I agree with this. I am confused with the tone of the show. Starts as very dark then the first scene after the time skip showed a relaxed mood and I expected the MC to be straight-laced but he seems to be a typical shounen MC. Okay ep I guess, though I'm leaning towards boring.
Apr 9, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2010
The loli ruined this show, simple as that. Damn japan.
Apr 9, 2014 9:42 AM

Nov 2008
Am i Only one who hears Attack on Titan on the choir part of the OP??
Apr 9, 2014 9:44 AM

Feb 2014
pretty good so far.

P.S the MC and the loli par.remind me of Big daddy and Little Sister lol
Apr 9, 2014 9:46 AM

Sep 2013
Oxu said:
Am i Only one who hears Attack on Titan on the choir part of the OP??

Nope, you're not. This show has clearly taken "inspiration" from Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown and Index a lot. Setting some kind of a mix from Titan and GC, and main characters from Index.

And indeed, funnily enough, even the opening has copied Titan's opening.
Apr 9, 2014 9:50 AM
Aug 2011
I am kind of interested but there are some things here that are already irritating like the characters mannerisms. As in the fucking loli's form of speech and the way she clings to the MC.

I can already see the MC getting closer to the other girl at one point (even if it happens unintentionally) and the loli throwing a massive bitch fit about it.
Apr 9, 2014 10:28 AM

Feb 2013
I will continue to watchthis for now but it could really do without the info-dumping/lecherous loli jokes from now on
Apr 9, 2014 11:07 AM

Nov 2013
I never did like the angst in this story.

And I must be deaf. Didn't recognize Kaji till 11 minutes in.
Apr 9, 2014 11:40 AM

Feb 2012
Definitely keeping an eye on this!
Apr 9, 2014 12:04 PM

Dec 2013
First episode was fun to watch. I loved all the epic wide city-scape shots, they were so destructively beautiful!

This show wasn't initially on my to watch list, but I'm definitely adding it now. Haven't watched many dark-post-apocalyptic tragedies lately, and this one seems as good as any for the season, even grittier than Akuma no Riddle.

Definitely gonna look forward to my Wednesday nights now!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 9, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
The episode was good. I liked the action scenes, the plot (mainly because of the "Cursed Girls"), and the interaction between Rentaro and the director, but not with Enju. She's really PERVERTED for a child! And annoying!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Jan 2008
Not sure about that one. I really dislike the loli stuff, I find it disturbing and if they won't limit the amount of it, I'll probably drop it.

As for the story - I'm interested in the masked man and his plans. And the preview of the next episode got my curiousity.
-
Apr 9, 2014 2:06 PM

Dec 2011
This anime reminds of Mughibugyo with the insect and insects that take human form parts. The action was decent and the story about the infected girls was rather sad. I look forward to seeing how things progress.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 9, 2014 2:18 PM

Jan 2012
Hmm remembered after watching it for a few minutes that I had actually tried to read the manga... though I guess I dropped it really fast cause I can't remembered what happened after the half of the episode...

Don't think I'll keep watching this ><
Apr 9, 2014 2:42 PM

Feb 2010
This > Mahouka

because

lolis > imoutos
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 9, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2012
Enju looks like Komurasaki from Machine Doll. Pretty interesting show. I pity those cursed girls.
Apr 9, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2012
MC voiced by Yuki Kaji, who is not a retarded irritating beta pussy. Will keep watching for now....
Apr 9, 2014 3:10 PM

Feb 2010
Naxrrhid said:
MC voiced by Yuki Kaji, who is not a retarded irritating beta pussy. Will keep watching for now....

Didn't even realize it was him yet, but that's interesting too.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 9, 2014 3:26 PM
Aug 2012
The show seemed promising for a bit at the beginning until the "10 years" gap. I highly doubt they managed to rebuild another city that is really developed in such a short time. I wished they would maintain a more serious attitude since giant ass mosquitoes are infecting people and turning them into giant ass spiders and shet. I don't really mind the loli too much (excluding the your average loli feature) but Kisara is kinda what got me. She just seemed like your average semi-tsundere high school girl that is somehow the president of whatever organization they're in. But I think this show has potential. I came to watching this anime blindly after seeing it on Anichart since the promotional poster looked pretty cool and the description made it seem like it would be worth a watch. I will definitely be looking forward to future episodes even though it might kill me doing so. NOTE: My first impressions are pretty shit so don't mind me and take what I said with a grain of salt.
Apr 9, 2014 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
Enju - the self-proclaimed fiancée :D
rofl.
Apr 9, 2014 4:03 PM

Jun 2013
On Kissanime it is listed under genres Action/Seinen/Mystery. I think this belongs more to ecchi/loli genre, and later on maybe harem. It did not meet my expectations, will check out second episode, if it turns out to be another generic fan service anime I am dropping it.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 9, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2008
Enju remind me of Yaya from Machine Doll.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 9, 2014 6:00 PM

Feb 2013
Seems having a large portion of the cast being made up of annoying female characters is pretty much a requirement for a Light Novel series.
Apr 9, 2014 6:19 PM

Oct 2011
The beginning of the OP kinda reminds me of attack on titan's OP. And with humanity building monoliths around their city to protect against invaders whom no one knows anything about. Sounds a lot like attack on titan. Will definitely follow this.
Apr 9, 2014 6:39 PM

Apr 2011
Gunslinger Girl anyone?
Apr 9, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2010
I felt the episode really rushed,but I like the explanation they did.
Rentarou character design looks so hot.
Enju is adorable
Love the opening and ending
I love the fact they don't blur out the blood.
I ready to see more.
Apr 9, 2014 7:24 PM

Sep 2011
I like the action, animation, story & characters thus far, this could be a really good show.
Apr 9, 2014 7:59 PM

Jun 2009
Why is it always spiders! I didn't get to see the action b/c I was shielding m eyes from that wretched arachnid!
Apr 9, 2014 8:10 PM

Nov 2012
Kind of sad that the anime didn't really explain why all the cursed children were all girls...
v--Click below for explanation

I was really expecting some amazing "steam" when Rentarou was fighting like how they had it in the manga. :(

The artstyle, not too sure if I like it or not but what I can say is that it's very clean. I like it? But I kind of think it's too clean. Fear not, it will be
later. >:D
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Apr 9, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
UsaraDark said:
Kind of sad that the anime didn't really explain why all the cursed children were all girls...
v--Click below for explanation

I was really expecting some amazing "steam" when Rentarou was fighting like how they had it in the manga. :(

The artstyle, not too sure if I like it or not but what I can say is that it's very clean. I like it? But I kind of think it's too clean. Fear not, it will be
later. >:D

As to what you said in your second spoiler, I hope so; I was really hoping for a Psycho-Pass like tone when picking this up.

Either way this seems like it will be one of the better anime in this seemingly lackluster season.
Apr 9, 2014 8:45 PM

Oct 2013
Looks interesting...Gastreas? hmm...and the fight scene in the beginning was pretty good
Apr 9, 2014 8:46 PM

Dec 2012
Enju is kind of annoying have a huge headache because of her
Apr 9, 2014 9:06 PM

Jan 2014
Apr 9, 2014 9:07 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fripside :3
Well nice OP song. And that really escalated quickly in the beginning. OST is pretty decent on most parts and sticks with the premise well. Still, Kagetane gives me the creeps..

The transformation scenes were more disgusting though. Enju is a bit close to the MC tbh but I like Kisara better so far. The first episode sets up a lot of things so it felt fast. We'll see how far it develops. But seriously, that virus...
To clarifiy it is a Light Novel.

Anyway the setting seems similar to Attack on Titan (which I have still not watched). Anyway despite being an apocalyptic series I gotta find interesting how they've found room for more normal life stuff, that is to say this series won't be fully dark and there will be some room for humour but all in all remain serious.

I will keep watching. My only regret is that once more long black haired girl in white skin is not the heroine -_-
Apr 9, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2010
Dem loli. It was alright.
Meh, Enju kinda reminds me of Yaya...
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2014

238 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.