Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]
Jan 21, 2020 11:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good first episode, Tatsuya is going to bang his sister I guess
Jun 26, 2020 11:47 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, nearly 20 pages for the thread of the first episode lmao. I started watching this anime for 2 reasons: first I watched this video "Godsuya the Immortal (Mahouka AMV ft Immortals)" years ago and second, S2 is going to be this year.

The episode is pretty good, and the series looks promising. It looks like it's not going to show anything out of the ordinary but it will be interesting to watch the remaining 25 episodes.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 5, 2020 11:27 AM

Jun 2020
Holy shit Miyuki is hot, also this is the first time I've heard of siblings being born in consecutive months
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 16, 2020 12:28 AM

Jun 2020
Not a fan of the infodump at the beginning. The episode felt like it was trying to convey a lot about the world in so little time.

However, this show has still caught my attention enough to continue watching if I am going to be completely honest.
Have a great day!

Sep 28, 2020 1:01 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
First episode seems good enough. The generic vibes I’m getting though are dulling my senses. Will watch a few more before I come to any conclusions though

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 4, 2020 7:34 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. This is pretty much the same as Anos-sama the series. This is pretty much an older version of Anos-sama being an irregular at their respective academy. Well, It might had a complex story beneath its double duration than Anos-sama the series. So, depends on how good the real deal of its complex story was, i keep my hope in my lowest level.

Plus, Saori as Miyuki (a perfect VA to be pointed out as the best Imouto sounds as my standard satisfaction. Lol), and HanaKana as seito kaichou at the first Course seemed legit to me to believe myself to continued binge watching the overpowerred Tatsuyas, to wrecked that freak peoples that so called an elitist. The unfairness and a lot of discrimination already enveloped their surrounding. Even from the very beginning together with the intensed feeling that aroused quickly at their end. So far my interest grew higher than i can anticipated, knewing this might be a unique attempt, in terms of maintaining Tatsuya's characteristic. Still the reason behind some backgrounds remain unknown, and i don't even know why its happening into like that, together with Tatsuya's reason being in the second course. Whats happening in the society, after they decided to turned in magic into a systematized technique? Still no answer so far. Well, lets see into the next one. I really need more information to grew my satisfaction into another level. Lets see....

Tldr: i don't mind any romance between those two Shiba's siblings. It might be a pure relations, tho, it just Miyuki being exaggerated about that. But, if it turned out of control, i am fine with that. XD
badabassOct 4, 2020 7:43 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 5, 2020 9:50 PM

Feb 2019
The relationship between Tatsuya and Miyuki is kind of yikes, as there's a bunch of blushing "onii-sama" phrases everywhere; however, I did think that the discrimination thing is pretty interesting. The concept has been repeated in a couple instances, but it's nonetheless entertaining this time. Obviously, there's something incredibly OP about Tatsuya, as this is a power-fantasy, but we've yet to see it. He says he's bad at magic, but in the beginning we see him fire a humongous laser shot. Is that magic? I'm not really sure where the line is between technology and magic.

The discrimination at the school is horrible, and I have no idea how the student council is allowing it. The council president seems like a very collected and down-to-earth young lady, and yet she's all okay with the discrimination? It's a bit strange, but we don't know much about her yet. She might have her reasons.

Overall, it's an enticing concept (specifically how the world-building could be in this semi-apocalyptic setting, not the generic tropes), and I kind of want more.
Jul 11, 2021 1:58 PM
Sep 2020
Pretty cool start !!! This anime seems really cool !!

Tatsuya already has friends and they are really protective with their friends !! I like them , they really go well together , the 5 of them !! Miyuki really likes her brother !!!! She is a amazing little sister !!
Jan 24, 2022 11:53 PM
Oct 2019
yo, that was a great first episode. nothing singularly amazing, but (almost) everything was very, very good

everything except the younger sister. she is a weirdo and i don't like her brother love

very interested in finding out what this dude's secret is and why he's so keen on hiding it. clearly he's not your typical "weed". and for that matter, wtf is the difference between weeds and blooms anyways? the class system in this looks compelling af, at least early on. and the characters (again, aside from the sister) seem really good as well. you can tell that dude and chick who kept butting heads are gonna hook up eventually

9/10 first episode. the best first episode of a series that i've seen in awhile
Feb 8, 2022 3:53 PM

Feb 2021
1/5. the level of creativity the put into the exposition is nonexistent
Mar 25, 2022 12:40 AM

Sep 2018
This is one of those infamous series that I've heard a lot about, finally getting around to watching it.

A lot of info given in the first episode, but nothing to difficult to wrap your head around. Strange sibling affection going on lol, not gonna lie. Cliche setting with the seemingly OP MC and a segregated system, we'll see how it goes from here.
Apr 5, 2022 12:14 PM

Mar 2019
I always love Tatsuya's type of character so I already love him, but for girls I really don't like Miyuki's personality. Her formal language towards her brother is kind of annoying, but I like Mizuki and Mayumi for now. Simple introduction but can't wait to see where this goes.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 28, 2022 4:32 PM

Jan 2018
Man I'm too old for this shit.
Apr 4, 2023 2:03 PM

Jun 2022
How many times is Miyuki going to say "oni-sama" in this show? I counted at least 15 times, in the first 3 minutes!
Apr 12, 2023 10:41 PM
Apr 2023
it was fantastic!!
Aug 18, 2023 6:56 AM

Nov 2010
The post-WW3 world map looks interesting. Europe is divided into East and West, with many big Asian and African unions. I'd love to play a scenario of that in HOI 4.

I wish WW3 would happen in real life and reduce the human population to about 1 billion. I believe that's the optimal human population we should be maintaining.

Excellent wincest vibes. Miyuki is very cute and tappable!
I wonder what his secret is. He's probably the most powerful guy in the entire academy.
Nice preview of what kind of action to expect from this series. I hope the rest will be animated this well.
Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.