Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 8, 2015 11:04 PM

Dec 2007
Mythia said:
I am truly disappointed in how this series has gone from an exotic and magical Arabian Nights-esque premise to a generic let's-unite-and-blast-that-villain-with-our-super-powers shounen story. This screams deja-vu and the ending of this season was so predictable. I am fully aware this is actually a shounen but from the point people started to go full-djinn-equip and whatever I had begun to lose faith in this series.

Heck, if that Kouen guy had the power to create a volcano on the spot, where's the need for mere human troops? He could've as well subjugated Balbadd by himself to say the least. But no, we wouldn't want him to turn into some clone of Vegeta or Frieza. All the diplomatic and commercial chitchat from the first season have lost all credibility to me due to these reasons. Politics and super powers do not compute. We're far from e.g. The Twelve Kingdoms, to stay in a fantasy setting, but I guess that's mostly because of the shounen nature of this series. It can't be helped.

Please stop with all the DBZ explosive fights and get back to the roots of what made Magi's world interesting and full of wonders in the first place. I hope any potential third season will shed more light on what are dungeons, magis, who is Ugo, where's his real master and why did he reside inside Aladdin's flute, to name a few.

I might have missed some important points during the story, but are magicians and dungeon conquerors (and their household members) two different "factions"? As in the To Aru series, the former has an innate ability while the latter obtains its powers through a certain ordeal? If that's the case, does that make Yamraiha BOTH a magician and a magic vessel user? What's the point for that? I hope somebody could enlighten me over those points.

Oh, and I haven't read the manga btw.

I also want a spin-off series with Kougyoku-tan. Pretty please.

You wanted a series that wasn't this one. I won't ay your opinion is "bad", instead I'll say go read Shoukoku no Altair.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 11, 2015 4:17 AM

May 2013
7/10 good but not that good
Jan 11, 2015 12:09 PM
Jul 2014
Does anybody know if there is a season 3? :333
Jan 21, 2015 3:01 PM
Nov 2013
Is it me or is the ending song fantastisch?

Hopefully there will be a season three!
Jan 26, 2015 12:41 AM

Oct 2013
Glad to see Titus back, and i saw a glimpse of Adult Aladdin and Alibaba, i hope we get to see the adult version of them in the next couple seasons, and what are Hakuryu and Judal going to do ? so i presume the Hakuryu joined the dark side since he got rejected by Morgiana (lol) jk, well i ship Alibaba x Morgiana all the way, but i feel bad for Hakuryu, anyways i'm so curious what are they planning to do, plus Hakuryu's mom a.k.a Ren Gyoukuen still alive and someone must stop her !

Ii really love this anime and i can't wait for the 3rd season, NEED SEASON 3 OR RIOT !

Overall score, big fat 10/10
Jan 29, 2015 11:48 AM

Jun 2012
That was really good :)

May 20, 2015 2:49 AM

Apr 2011
I love the ending, but it's quite satisfying.
I want more!!

9/10

Jun 2, 2015 3:40 AM

Nov 2012
The white rukh gathering for season 3

Jun 12, 2015 8:03 PM

Nov 2014
Season 3 please, thank you.

Jun 20, 2015 4:48 PM

Nov 2010
I'm clearly too old for this stupid crap.
Jul 10, 2015 2:47 AM

Jun 2015
This second season was so great, a great arc (the magic academy´s arc) a great last battle, a great reborn, Simply GREAT. The second anime that in my opinion deserves a 10/10.
Looking forward the next season :).
Jul 20, 2015 4:35 AM

Jun 2014
yup, way better than s1
:3
Jul 21, 2015 7:07 PM

Feb 2015
The ending was great my rating 5/5. I'm really happy that titus didn't die
Jul 29, 2015 3:05 PM

Sep 2014
Can't decide if I should read the manga or just wait for S3, since manga isn't finished yet anyway.
Sep 12, 2015 10:06 AM

Nov 2014
This season was a major letdown for me even though I'm a big fan of the previous one. It's a shame that this series went from a truly magical experience of exploring the world and tightening the bonds of friendship to endless boring fight scenes and generic shounen type things. This season felt like something was missing and I hope that something is going to be found anew in the next season if it's ever gonna be made.
Dec 27, 2015 6:24 AM

Jun 2011
The Sheherazade and Titus heads were so adorable. And seeing Ugo made this whole episode a thousand times better.
Jan 20, 2016 1:04 AM
Jan 2013
I think I enjoyed Magi: The Kingdom of Magic about equally to the first season.

8.5/10 and Morgiana best girl~
Feb 20, 2016 3:13 PM
Dec 2013
Just finished this. I was starting to feel disappointed when the last few episodes were coming to a close, like things might be rushed, but as it got closer to the end I started thinking.

Okay, they haven't answered all the pivotal questions, there's clearly more things that need to be told, does this mean the manga isn't over yet, Does this mean a 3rd season, holy shit YEAH. 3rd SEASON!

And as of this moment, the Manga is at chapter 294! That means it might be coming out this year.

Fuck, I don't know If I want to wait for a new season, or start the manga and still watch the anime.
Mar 23, 2016 8:04 PM

Mar 2014
The Last will of Scheherazade .
EXTREME MAGIC ALL AT ONCE . It was pitch-perfect ~ .
Hesitation of the World .
Black Rukh and White Rukh , Vortex of Fate .
Transcendence of the World .
Behold , The Future of the World . From It's Founders and Sacrifices .
PERFECT EPISODE . To the bright and shining future <3 :D
Sacred Palace full of cutesy ~ . New life awaits ~ .

The World is filled with Wonder , Isn't it ? So much wonder that you'll have to grasp all of it so you can understand it's deepest meaning . I had so much fun on watching Magi . I definitely enjoyed it from the bottom of my Heart. It is such a feat to be able put all things in accordance and results to total awesomeness~ . One Day , May I experience It again , the Happiness that I have felt in MAGI .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
TITUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGO!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jun 2, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
Finished the episode, well, what I can say. It was a really satisfying ending. Scheherazade dies (I know it was necessary, but, why? ;_;), Mogamett finally realizes he was wrong the whole time before say goddbye to Aladdin and Yamraiha (really felt for her and the old guy during that part), the Magnostadt conflict ends with the Kou Empire retiring and Reim allied with Sindria, Titus becomes the new magi thanks to Ugo (his reappearence made me smile, he is probably the character I missed the most during this season), Hakuryuu takes the Sasuke path and the gang is finally reunited.

Overall, I liked this season way more than the first. It portrayed well the conflict of the mages and the no mages, introduced interesting characters like Kouen, Yunan, Mogamett, Titu, Scheherazade and others, the Kou Empire subplot was great (+ we also had some Kougyouku action respecting Labyrinth) and the characters suffered a good development respecting the first season (Alibaba even became likeable compared to his angsty side of the "The Labyrinth of Magic"). The OP and ED were also nice and the OST was good in some parts.
However, the quality drop in the highlight of the season (the Reim-Magnostadt war) did too much damage to the series, making it hard to enjoy in some instances.

Anyway, the Magnostadt arc is still the best of the series for me and the season, though could have been improved, was good. 8/10. I would have liked to see more of Yunan and Judar (why he even appears in the main picture of the anime if he only appeared for 2 episodes?) or seeing Morgiana interact with the Fanalis Corps, however.

Now, to read the manga until A1 Pictures decides to make another season, since many plot points were left unresolved.
Jul 30, 2016 7:31 PM
Mar 2016
what happened to the beginning scene in episode 1? and i dont think titus should be a magi
Aug 6, 2016 7:30 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I CRIED at the end when Titus was reborn !!! MASTERPIECE SHOUNEN AND MASTERPIECE ANIME !!!!! I LOVE MAGI SEASON 3 PLEASE !!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 15, 2016 3:16 PM
Aug 2013
Awesome ending.

So happy Titus came back and as a Magi of all things!
Wish Morgiana had gotten more screen time, wanted to see more of what happened on her journey and with Yunan. Really liked seeing those two together though, she kicked ass.

Really hope we'll get S3 soon, so much more that could be explored.
Sep 8, 2016 11:23 AM
Mar 2016
...It pains me to see this series turn out the way it did. I really hope I'm not the only one who feels like the series has vastly changed from season 1 to season 2.

Season 1 felt like the start of an adventure with 3 friends who grow ever so fondly of each other, exploring the world, helping each other save the weak and oppressed, strengthening their friendship and just enjoying each others company.

Season 2 felt like it COMPLETELY forgot all that and just said "hey, let's take these three loveable characters, and separate them into 3 different countries. and let's end the season with a bunch of overpowerd boring shonen nonsense and stretch out a battle throughout like 5 episodes that could have been done in 2."

Now, i will say that in the end i did sorta like the new characters introduced in the magician arc, with titus and so on. They did a decent job with the story around that, but it went on for faaaar too long. The whole reason I even wanted to see season 2 was to see more of aladdin, alibaba, and morgiana, but instead we got like a handful of episodes with morgiana and alibaba, while the other 80% of the season 2 was just aladdin and his new magician friends.

...I really hope season 3 goes back to staying with morg, alibaba and aladdin. All i want is to see their adventures together and see the way they react to each other.

I haven't read the manga, but I'm thinking about starting it now. If I do I'm probably going to skip the parts from season 2 and see where the next season might take us. I REAAALLLYY hope they don't separate the main protagonists again, and I really hope there's less endlessing boring fighting.
Sep 16, 2016 9:06 AM

Mar 2016
I have to say that this is one of my all time favorite anime and manga series. I know that everyone has their own opinion, but I thought that this was a great ending. I enjoyed the final battle and seeing all of the characters together. I was really glad that they brought Titus back also. The entrance by Sinbad in the previous episode was also very epic. I enjoyed this arc being centered around Aladdin since he is my favorite character. The manga is somewhere around chapter 310-315 as of now and I'm sure we will get a season 3! I can't wait to see what is going to happen next!
Sep 18, 2016 11:36 PM

Apr 2013
Great show through and through, but I wish that they adapted more of it and gave us the rest of the story in anime form.

7/10 and holding my breath for Season 3.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 22, 2016 3:29 PM
Jan 2014
I finished watching both seasons a couple of months ago and I was a bit disappointed with the direction it took. I can't say I liked it, I can't say I hated it either, it was just OK.
Oct 18, 2016 2:41 AM

Aug 2010
OMG this episode is both sad and exciting! Sad because of Schezeraide’s death and also now that we know Hakuryuu has changed sides? (at least against Alibaba, Aladdin, Morg???)

Although what Judal said about the Solomon’s wisdom thing changed his life (for the better???) made me wonder whether he’s really completely in-line with the goals of Gyokuen (and Al-Thamen) entirely or not… I am hoping Judal and Hakuryuu would not be on the same side as Gyokuen although it looks like they are not on Aladdin’s side as well…?

That combo attack was so cool!!!

It’s nice to see all of them working together to defeat their common enemy~ I actually thought Yunan and Aladdin would also join the attack force, wonder why they didn’t o___o

OMG Titus is back!!!! And he is a legit magi now?! Oh yeah XD Although that probably means he’d stay in Reim? I still don’t really like the whole Marga/Titus thing though >__<

Damn that Sinbad is a cunning one, laying claim on Magnostadt…! And I originally wanted Magnostadt to be a separate entity from Sinbad and Kou and Reim.. Darn I guess that’s not happening now. Kinda want Aladdin to still stay in Magnostadt and continue his magic education, although it looks like the place needs reconstruction, so I guess school is not starting anytime soon? Btw as for Sinbad, he won’t turn out to be Aladdin/Alibaba’s “enemy” right? ://

Kouen laying claim on Aladdin XD
Now I’m really curious as to what Aladdin is going to tell him… even if I like him better now he still seems like a dangerous man… Does that mean the next arc is gonna take place in Kou? That’ll be exciting~

Overall, I like this season way more than I did for season 1. Probably because the characters have developed more as well as their powers! But the story got more interesting as well, what with so many different parties involved. Though there are times when i’m frustrated too, but I experience less of that in this season.

It seems that so far we’ve only mostly involve Kou, Sindria, Reim and Magnostadt, but it looks like there are more Kings? Wonder if next those countries will be involved as well… I might pick up the manga~ Curious about the pro and also cos I want to see how much more powerful Aladdin, Alibaba and Morgiana will be XD When Schezeraide was dying, she said she’s leaving the world to Aladdin and Alibaba, and then we saw a glimpse of their adult selves, I cant wait until the story reaches that point XD I hope there’s a season 3~!
Oct 24, 2016 8:43 PM

Mar 2010
Just come back here for fun after rewatching the series.

dont you see him from the lord from the lord? did you think just before the light , miss or low? no one is coming , no one to hear you scream

really like the despair and hope in Magi ,classic fantasy war-like series like magi should be adapted to the fullest!

hoping for season 3! (the previous producer wasnt brave enough to promise for a sequel)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2016 1:12 AM

Aug 2009
I'll just say that I didn't expect the last 5 or 6 episodes to turn into Bleach/DBZ. That said, I love the world building of this anime. Hopefully Season 3 gets back to more adventure. Season 1 was so amazing. I finished Season 2 thinking that some major plot points from Season 1 were neglected. I'm tempted to pick the manga up to find out what is going on.

To be honest I feel like what happened in Season 2 should be a future season, maybe 3 or 4, and Season 2 should have been way closer in vibe to Season 1. That probably doesn't make sense, but the last half of Season 2 was a bit cliche and that's ok. I saw most of that coming. I really didn't know where Season 1 was going to go (it was wonderful), so another season like that would be great. And I hope Aladdin get's to see Ugo again, somehow!

Nov 30, 2016 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
i must say i feel bad for titus having that name XD
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jan 15, 2017 2:42 PM

Jan 2012
Re-watching this series just brings back memories and now I am waiting for season 3

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Feb 3, 2017 7:51 AM

Dec 2007
Disappointed. First half of the season was interesting and fun, then second half started out interesting and suddenly everything felt rushed and boring. Endless overpowered and brainless fights, characters appearing out of nowhere just because they were protagonists, a lot of screentime for characters I didn't care a bit and unimaginative end to the final boss battle. Also, animation and character design (a lot of characters looks the same) started to bother me this season.

If they make a third season, I hope it focus more on the adventure side of this show. First season was really fun and I like the three main protagonists a lot, so this was a huge letdown for me.
taterheadFeb 3, 2017 8:17 AM
Feb 13, 2017 12:14 AM
Feb 2017
Any idea how how many chapters of manga are needed for a new season and btw how many are covered till season 2?
Feb 27, 2017 12:21 AM

Feb 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed magi as something to immerse yourself in, top fantasy series. It's a bit hard to judge this imo, especially if you haven't read the manga.

Season 1:

+ Ugo-Aladdin relationship and Ugo scenes
+ Amon dungeon
+ Sindria

- Wasn't engaged with Cassim or any of the scenes with him and the entire sob story was a hit and miss. I've seen the same similar story unfold in other shows and enjoyed it more.
- Pirate arc was a bore.
- Kouga arc was a bore.
- I was completed bored watching Alibaba fight and work out his weaknesses. I don't want the DBZ fighting in Season 2 but neither do I want to see Ali get handed several plot armors and refuse to die while he slowly figures out how to fight.
- Out of place crying.
- Judar was a non-convincing villain
- TRAINING SCENES. BLEURGH

Season 2:

+ The heroes split up and have their separate arcs. Thoroughly enjoyed the Colosseum and Magician's Country
+ Mogamett's backstory and his character in general.

- I thought the Titus-Marga relationship felt manufactured and the whole Titus backstory wasn't particularly interesting for me
- I don't have that much of hate for the final boss fights. It is a bit DBZ, they could've pared back on it, made it more sophisticated/elegant and technical in the magic department and they could've elaborated on the different metal vessels.
Cloud_IllusionFeb 27, 2017 12:30 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 4, 2017 9:12 PM

Dec 2015
This was a huge improvement from the first season, there was more emotion, more great comedy, more awesome fights! Simply great overall.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 14, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2016
Titus now has long golden hair

Long golden hair = SSJ3 = SS3

S3 = Season 3 confirmed.

9/10. Action-packed shounen rarely gets better than this, and this had plenty of heart and some great, complex characters.
Jun 12, 2017 10:32 PM

Mar 2016
Old_Raven said:
... HAKURYUU WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU WITH JUDAL!!?!?!?!? YOU TURNED HIM DOWN FOR YEARS AND NOW THAT YOU HAVE POSITIVE PROOF HES YOUR ENEMY, YOU FUCKING SIDE WITH HIM?!!?! AND HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU HAVE TURNED AGAINST MORGIANA?!?!!?

No no no wait this is a contradiction. Judal works for Al Thamen, who only seek out the Black Rukh and abhor Soloman and his White Rukh so theres no way Al Thamen would side with Zagan, a Djinn of Soloman, right?!

I think you misunderstand Judal. He does not work "for" Al Thamen". He is an agent of chaos who works for himself. He probably worked with Al Thamen for a while just for fun. Now that he had that fun, he can now have fun with Hakuryuu taking down H's mother and see what other mischief can be had.
-- Rich
Aug 8, 2017 7:44 PM

Apr 2009
HAKURYUU WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!

It's insane to me how I love almost every character here. I truly love them all. I cried for Titus, even when he came back as a magi! And now I will cry for Hakuryuu, please come back to your friends... :(
Aug 12, 2017 9:21 AM

Mar 2010
Shancakeschan said:
HAKURYUU WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!

It's insane to me how I love almost every character here. I truly love them all. I cried for Titus, even when he came back as a magi! And now I will cry for Hakuryuu, please come back to your friends... :(

Sinbad died. . .
Sep 5, 2017 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
I would say this season is definitely better than the 1st, but honestly this felt like it should have been season 3....Until the last 7 episodes, i definitely would have preferred watching alibabba learn to equip and what morg was up to since going to the valley....the plot skips is just totally retarded. Off screen main character development can be considered a sin, especially how much of it happened in this season. I really want to go to the manga, but with how much was likely skipped over, i would have to read over what I've already seen to get to those parts before even moving on.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 17, 2017 5:09 PM

Feb 2014
Magi was a rollercoaster talking about enjoyment.

I confess that I got very bored some times - specially the last episodes, when all that overwhelming and wtf things started to happen.
Separating the 3 MCs was something that decreased the enjoyment. I missed Morg (and what about her meeting the other Fanalis? Guess they forgot about it? They even didn't mention it even after all the other Fanalis being right next to her).

Anyway, I think it could have been much better...

6-7/10
TechOtakuSep 17, 2017 5:19 PM
Oct 14, 2017 2:13 PM

Oct 2017
Is a 3rd season expected next year?
Oct 26, 2017 9:27 AM

Oct 2017
I really liked it. But there was a lot of sad moments like when Director Mogamett died, when scheherazade's clone disappeared and when Titus dies. But I was relieved and happy when he came back as a magi.
Kuroshi_Oct 26, 2017 9:39 AM
''We have to live a life with no regrets.'' -By Portgas D. Ace
Dec 3, 2017 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
What a great series. It was fun to watch. Time for the Sinbad OVA
Dec 15, 2017 9:03 AM

Apr 2014
So I finished watching the anime today..so pretty much season 3 won't come so now I want to continue with the manga. So what chapter I shall start from?

Also let me know if there is any part in the manga that is not animated pls provide the chapter. Thanks all.
Jan 18, 2018 5:05 AM

Nov 2016
And once again, it's time to experience that feeling of emptiness, but also happiness, that remains after watching a masterpiece.
Feb 10, 2018 4:12 AM

Jan 2018
Ah!! Loved it so much!
I'm definitely reading the manga!
I look forward to it because atleast 3 out of 10 ppl complained how the manga was better

btw from which chapter should I start reading...?
Mar 22, 2018 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
WAIT was that a glipse of how Aladdin and Alibaba will look like in the future? HORY CRAP

Titus is the newest magi on the block, guess everything worked out alright after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ well, minus the Hakuryuu part...

Kouen's actually a troll LOL. Kouha and Alibaba fighting over Aladdin, it's like he has his own guy-harem or something @_@;
Though I'm pretty sure its obvious that Morg has feelings for Alibaba. =u=

Honestly I wanna see Kouen and Sinbad battle it out sometime, will it happen in the manga? :D Find out next time on Magi Ball Z!

//slapped
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

102 by phantom346 »»
Apr 13, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.