Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2009 7:36 AM

Jan 2009
i'm afraid the next one is really going out from the manga plot
Sep 13, 2009 5:44 PM

Feb 2009
Interesting episode, with some info on Alice and the WotA's connection, as well as more on Break's past. That scene with Gil and Break acting as Oz's bodyguards when the duke was about to hit him, was pretty cool. :)
Sep 24, 2009 1:13 AM

May 2008
Alice and the abyss! Awesome! Poor cheshire cat died a horriable death. Hate that Vincent!!!
Sep 25, 2009 8:08 AM

Sep 2008
Damn, the beginning was fucked up to the extreme. Cheshire... :'[
More Break past! :O
It's going to be straying from the manga soon? That doesn't sound very good...does that mean there won't be a second season? D:
Sep 30, 2009 12:57 PM

Jul 2008
i hope they explain soon what exactly happened at the tragedy, how is alice and vincent, and co. related to it?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 30, 2009 8:57 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, they're using the few last episodes to fill everything in. It's going at such a fast pace, answering so many questions within the last few episodes. Really good so far.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Dec 10, 2009 5:02 PM
Feb 2009
jesuss.........
Dec 25, 2009 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
How is Vincent still alive?! and who would have thought that he's really a bad guy?! I mean, he killed Alice's cat, and even Alice herself. Damn you Vincent.

I kinda liked Break even more after this episode. Go Break! <3, but I still need some explanations about this Will of Abyss and Alice. Twins, ehh?
Jan 8, 2010 10:10 PM

Sep 2008
I loved the part where Oz defended Break, and they all owned the duke. =D
I'm still confused about Alice and the Will of the Abyss... Alice didn't seem to act too surprised about any of the revelations about herself, which makes it even more odd.

My guess is that after Jack was killed, Alice went crazy and became the Will of the Abyss somehow, and then split herself in two and made her second half be a chain (B-Rabbit) for some reason... Perhaps that was required to make her forget the bad memories, or something? For some reason the Baskervilles had her locked up... she had some sort of connection to the Abyss, it seems.

Too much intrigue! I love it though. Vincent was a creepy, creepy kid. Does he want the whole world to become like the Abyss, it seems?

Everything with Break this episode was really nice. Sad to hear how even though he succeeded in his mission, it ended up making things worse in the end. =[
But did he really kill a bunch of people to get thrown into the Abyss? Or do they mean that because he changed history, all those people died again, and thus he blames it on himself?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2010 7:44 AM

Mar 2010
vincent is really annoying how could he do smothing like that to poor cheshire cat
Jun 19, 2010 3:02 AM

Jan 2010
Cenedess said:
Oosran said:
Cenedess said:
Basically, I'll go with both of them plus Vincent. XD

Hey that's cheating! : D You can't have 'em all xD

>:D I'm so evil, I'm getting all the good pixels.
Y

Yaaay polygamy ftw! 8D

I'll have Giru, Break, Vincent, Jack, Leim and Elliot please. And Alice and Echo for the yuriness. ^^(A)
Nov 28, 2010 12:49 PM

Dec 2009
I'm curious about something, how did Break form a contract with the White Knight? Like, did the chain escape the abyss or what?
Dec 23, 2010 1:48 PM
Jul 2010
Amazing episode! More of Break's past and finally the connection between Alice and ...Alice (Will of Abyss). I just hate Vincent so much right now... for doing that to Cheshire and Alice.

So, it seems like the Will of Abyss retained her memories while Alice didn't. That explains a bit of the first episode.

Oosran said:
To end this post; To all Gil fangirls: Break > Gil : D
Dec 24, 2010 5:21 AM
Aug 2010
Chomechan said:

Everything with Break this episode was really nice. Sad to hear how even though he succeeded in his mission, it ended up making things worse in the end. =[
But did he really kill a bunch of people to get thrown into the Abyss? Or do they mean that because he changed history, all those people died again, and thus he blames it on himself?

I know, it's sad that he succeeded, and failed at the same time =.=
Yes, he killed 116 people for his chain 'the white knight' so that he could change the past. That's the offer the chains give people: "would you like to change the past?" and in exchange for that they must sacrifice people to the chain...but it's basically a lie, because even though the Will of Abyss has the power to change the past, she said that most of the people who enter the Abyss after becoming an illegal contractor go insane. Break was an exception, as he didn't go absolutely insane even after killing all those people and spending too much time with a chain.
Jan 12, 2011 8:19 AM

Apr 2009
Wow. That was such an amazing episode O_o
I usually like yandere characters and love the way Vincent looks. But him killing the cat and taking its eyes out was just too disgusting for me >< Yet I loved what he said... Erm, something like "Yes, let it fall apart. If everything becomes strange, then I will be normal"
Also, that part about Break's past made me really sad and depressed. I hate it when we do something that we think would help but in the end it turns out that it made everything worse and that we should have left everything the way it was.. Happens to me a lot. xD Nothing this dramatic though. Anyway, it made me sad.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 2, 2011 7:52 PM

Jul 2010
vincent is always torturing poor alice.....but how the hell did he even get to alice's room like that?? i guess the scissors that we saw on the floor covered with blood is the one alice got killed by and its the same one that hurt chesire and cut the dolls.

May 23, 2011 12:32 AM

Feb 2011
So I wonder who's the innocent one the white hair or the black hair?

I did enjoy the cry of will of abyss, she's just too cute >.<
Jul 25, 2011 7:41 PM

Jul 2010
At first, I thought Alice and the Will of the Abyss were the same person but I guess I was wrong - they were twins.
Jan 25, 2012 2:44 PM

Mar 2009
I preferred the comedic parts over the serious parts.
Feb 21, 2012 8:40 PM

Nov 2011
It's funny that everyone was tied together in the past somehow and it seems that like everyone is from 100 years ago now.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jul 30, 2012 1:52 PM

May 2012
Great backstory about Alice and Break!
Feb 24, 2013 6:40 AM
Mar 2012
The poor kitty. :( That's just sick.

That Vincent kid is quite disturbed.
Sep 26, 2013 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
Sugoi <3
We finally got to learn what's going on, and about Xerxes' past...I adore him so much <3
Dec 11, 2013 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
Well that's one reason to hate someone, poor cat. So it seems to me that it was Vincent who killed Alice? It was the same scissors that was found at the dream crime scene.

All the time Alice was like.. "meh who cares" about Xerxes's past xD.
Well another expplanation episode. Maybe they made too much but it's nice.
Nov 24, 2014 1:08 AM

Sep 2014
Really nice to see more of Break's past but now i feel bad , poor guy :c.
Mar 17, 2015 8:00 AM

Feb 2013
Past few episodes have been quite good really. But with just 3 episodes left how can this wrap up properly? I don't see a sequel anywhere...
gedataMar 17, 2015 8:14 AM
Jul 30, 2015 3:45 AM

Mar 2015
It's a great episode revealing many truth of this show.

I hate Vincent so much on this episode that he went beyond insane, haha.

What an sad story by Break/Kevin. Now the whole story of Break is connected to one.
Feb 3, 2017 7:59 PM

May 2013
Aw, poor Break :( I wonder if his new name is because he feels broken from his past twice ;A;
Jul 12, 2017 4:32 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
More dots connect, and more questions arise. Like the Alice that Jack was accostumated to was the Will of Abyss version? I mean when he said that wasnt the Alice he knew, she adopted the posture we have seem alot in B-rabitt Alice...

Though I understand most, it also left me confused, with the amount of relevant stuff happening at the same time, with all the different characters motivations coming together and leading to such results.

Also when Break appeared to the Will of the Abyss, it was 50 years ago, Vincent and Gil, from 100 years ago, connect straight to 50 years ago (they skipped 50 years into the future when jumping to the Abyss) and are in the presence of Break from 50 years ago...
Seems like the Abyss reality is like another dimension, all timelines connect to the Abyss, as such you can use The Abyss to time travel! But so far we have only seen as "a device" that is able to travel to the future, can he it also travel to the past?

Alice and The Will of the Abyss also raise alot of questions... which I m hopping the manga will answer.

And in all, a great episode, but I do expect that when this goes to original material, in the last 2 episodes, the quality to drop.

I would say, they adapted the manga too early, or should have left it at point they could continue with a sequel.
Nov 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Dec 2012
Well, it's time to take the advice of manga readers and end my re-watch here. Thus far, Pandora Hearts has been an enchanting riddle that never lets up in its allure. These most recent revelations have only whetted the appetite as I start into the manga in earnest (vols 1-3 are sitting on my desk). This was my first official MAL entry when I joined nearly 11 years ago and it's held a special power in my anime journey. Most notably, the OST is superb and I'd say it's tied with Demon Slayer as Yuki Kajiura's best work. I'll definitely have it on loop as I continue reading.

8.5/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Remake

denboruto - Dec 28, 2019

25 by DeeLovesCats »»
Apr 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2009

77 by wewe_exo »»
Mar 8, 12:39 PM

» Help: Pandora Hearts filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

3 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
Feb 13, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2009

269 by Enjolras_Rosen »»
Jan 8, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clarsiso - Jul 23, 2009

89 by Snow-crystal »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.