Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2009 5:51 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
put a spoiler just in case...
(dont tell me you want to cut her tail off -_-) omg...and the title of next episode seems very misleading as well, wolf and lonely smile?? I cant wait to beat the crap out of lawrence for not denying the deal at once...

and lol @ the scene when lawrence was thinking about something R18+ and horo totally destroyed the atmosphere herself :D

LunaNov 13, 2012 4:55 AM
Sep 2, 2009 5:54 PM
Aug 2009
Cool episode =).
Sep 2, 2009 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
WOW, subs already out by mazui already, like 12 hours sooner than last week, although it isn't hd quality, so i'm going to wait for the better quality to come out tomorrow or near after(i'm already looking at 6 hours of sleep as it is)
Sep 2, 2009 10:27 PM

Jul 2007
B> Horo pls, give her to me !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 2, 2009 10:42 PM

Jan 2009
Stupid whorish Horo, die already sluut. Lawrence just said his heart was wrapped of her color and she just said her's had several ones, and teasing him how many males she had was just overloaded me with RAAAAAAAAAGE. Anyway, looks like the animation pumped up a bit, I can tell by just looking at the window scene, ridiculously awesome aswell as the soundtrack.

LUL @ Horny Lawrence, ah well, its not like he can't hold up anyway, but he needs to realize what does she wants, and right away, kinda annoys me the fact that shes always playing with him but at the same time she wants him at her side, It's not like they can't be together, its just that there are a lot of factors in the way, such as the end of the journey or either the way Lawrence will age so fast in comparison of Horo, but whatever, she -obviously- need to stop being so playfull otherwise Lawrence will never realize whats her true feelings.

Anyway that cliffhanger just berserk'd me. So, Lawrence gives Princess Zelda all his money or, she will sell Horo's true identity in the town (If im not wrong), and with the conmotion between the 50 meeting man and the fur, lets say that it won't be that cool to watch em' again run for their lives (And her tail lolol). Also, We all know that Lawrence can't go bankrupt otherwise he would turn out in a slave, thats the same as death on itself. I'm more worried about Harold, what exactly the heck means "Maybe it's time I go on a pilgrimage". Sighs, just kill me the fuck already with all the waiting between episodes please.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 3, 2009 12:05 AM
Jul 2009
Mikiyo said:
Stupid whorish Horo, die already sluut. Lawrence just said his heart was wrapped of her color

She was the one who said that... she plays with him, but is very loyal to him (although he doubts her sometimes).

Hmm, I honestly missed that possibility, that Fleur might be blackmailing him with Horo's identity. I don't think that's it though. Lawrence has already lost tons of money for Horo's sake, it sucks but he'd do it again.

LOL how Fleur shows her pretty face when she asks for money!
Sep 3, 2009 12:24 AM

Jan 2009
israfel070 said:
Mikiyo said:
Stupid whorish Horo, die already sluut. Lawrence just said his heart was wrapped of her color

She was the one who said that... she plays with him, but is very loyal to him (although he doubts her sometimes).

Hmm, I honestly missed that possibility, that Fleur might be blackmailing him with Horo's identity. I don't think that's it though. Lawrence has already lost tons of money for Horo's sake, it sucks but he'd do it again.

LOL how Fleur shows her pretty face when she asks for money!

She said she would pull out his heart and it would be dyed of her color, he pretty much addmited that it is, only with the analogy of poisoned. When he asked what would be the color of her sould she said; "Various Colors I guess".

Its a matter of fact that she is indeed loyal to him and so does Lawrence, but that pissed me off xP

Sep 3, 2009 12:30 AM
Jul 2009
Also, just saying this generally for everyone: she brought up the subject of past lovers to get him jealous, because he has been making her jealous lately. Horo's all about staying even. Remember the time when Lawrence got upset about the wolves-eating-humans story, so she embarrassed herself by admitting she's scared of human hunters too? Same kind of thing. Keeping things balanced.
Sep 3, 2009 12:59 AM

Jan 2009
Not sure about the past lovers jokes either, after she mentioned the "Soul Color" Analogy she said he could probably sense a selfish-possessive desire coming from her, meaning it could be that she wants him to be jealous about her, Lawrence followed by putting his hands over his head worried-like and/or with doubts about it, thats why when Horo asked how he can deal with such a selfish desires, Lawrence said that its impossible to deal with such feelings, in another words, facing them straightforward.

So she probably was teasing him -And making him jealous- as always saying she had lots of lovers, thats why when Horo asked him for the first time if he wanted to know the amount he said no, because he realized how delicate is his heart. (Obviously knowing she was joking).

Then when he seriously asked about how many her mood changed from happy to pissed because he was having doubts about if Horo really had lots of lovers. Thats why when they got inside of the house she stepped on his feet and made him feel pain xP

TL;DR/DU They both want to be jealous each other.

This is just me anyway.
MikiyoSep 3, 2009 1:07 AM

Sep 3, 2009 3:19 AM

Oct 2008
Aw that cliffhanger stuff is killing me and this episode make me want to beat the crap out of Horo XP
Sep 3, 2009 3:40 AM

Aug 2007
How many has Horo had?..... Does her hand suggest eight or is it just a sign that she's counting?

Horo goes around quite a bit eh? ;-)
Sep 3, 2009 3:52 AM

Sep 2007
For the quality...
It's not the animation but the video no ?
When you have a .mkv episode with only 100 MO size... XD
Sep 3, 2009 4:09 AM

Apr 2009
neverless said:
B> Horo pls, give her to me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Man shes popular tho I hardly blame them
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Sep 3, 2009 4:32 AM

Oct 2008
Well she made me feel like is a whore this time T^T
anyway still like her playful way, but this time too much lolz
Sep 3, 2009 5:06 AM
Aug 2008
Mikiyo said:
Stupid whorish Horo, die already sluut. Lawrence just said his heart was wrapped of her color and she just said her's had several ones, and teasing him how many males she had was just overloaded me with RAAAAAAAAAGE.

Holo is an extremely unfair female. She gets incredibly judgemental when she accuses Lawrence of wanting a virginal, vulnerable female - but SHE wants Lawrence, who is a virginal, vulnerable man!

israfel070 said:

Hmm, I honestly missed that possibility, that Fleur might be blackmailing him with Horo's identity. I don't think that's it though.

I thought she was talking about slave trade. But blackmail would make more sense, because Fleur has Church connections and the Church would like Holo to be dead.

israfel070 said:
Also, just saying this generally for everyone: she brought up the subject of past lovers to get him jealous, because he has been making her jealous lately. Horo's all about staying even. Remember the time when Lawrence got upset about the wolves-eating-humans story, so she embarrassed herself by admitting she's scared of human hunters too? Same kind of thing. Keeping things balanced.

Errm, I think Holo is not really about staying even. I think Holo is plainly inhuman, self-centered, and lacking in empathy. She has the personality that Schopenhauer ascribed to all women - she lacks a sense of justice.

Mikiyo said:
thats why when Horo asked him for the first time if he wanted to know the amount he said no, because he realized how delicate is his heart. (Obviously knowing she was joking).

Then when he seriously asked about how many her mood changed from happy to pissed because he was having doubts about if Horo really had lots of lovers. Thats why when they got inside of the house she stepped on his feet and made him feel pain xP

No, I think Holo was just seeking her own advantage. She wants her way. She does not have human, civilized emotions. She just wants her way. If grossing Lawrence out with her platoon of previous sex partners gives her a momentary advantage, she likes it.

The reason she stamped on his foot was that he was noticing that the nun was nicer than Holo and almost certainly had zero prior sex partners.

And the part when she was on the bed and she said she was scared -- I think she meant she was scared that she might fail to seduce Lawrence, and he might either decide to go and live with his money or else go and live with another girl. This opens the question - how much of Lawrence's life does she want for her love affair? Does she want sixty years, until Lawrence dies of old age? Or does she want six years? Or six months?
Sep 3, 2009 6:21 AM
Dec 2007
Hmmm, a very nice, romance and mystery-filled episode. Some great scenes as usual even if the overall consistency is still a matter. That's a shame that the holo/Lawrence relationship is not developing though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 3, 2009 6:24 AM

Jan 2009
A great episode, as usual : )
I'm too tired to comment on anything that's actually about the episode, and I've got a headache since this morning.. So it's a great episode anyway.
Eehm.. I just have to mention that Horo's stomach is pretty big : D
And.. Say wat now? "Would you sell your companion?" Hell No he wouldn't! 'Cause.. He wouldn't.. would he?: /
Huh.. I ended up commenting a little anyway.. Oh well, off I go, gotta get rid of this headache >.>

Also, as I noticed Mazui fansubs stating on their site, "I don't know what happened to the HD cappers all of a sudden."
I'm wondering about that too. The quality had a huge drop in this episode : O
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 3, 2009 8:00 AM

Sep 2008
Pretty good episode. I laughed when he offered to take "some" of the books and in the next scene Horo had handed him all of them XD

Also I found the part where Lawrence was getting turned on by sexy sleeping pose Horo, then she flips over to an unsexy pose, that was pretty funny too. But I dunno what he's getting all blushing about, I thought Horo's body parts are old news by now, she nake every chance she gets...

Sooooooo how is Horo a Slut for saying she's been in love before? she's admitted that several times now, you know she existed 575 years before Lawrence has.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 3, 2009 8:14 AM

Jan 2009
Jigero said:

Sooooooo how is Horo a Slut for saying she's been in love before? she's admitted that several times now, you know she existed 575 years before Lawrence has.
It was a typo, learn about it.

Sep 3, 2009 8:28 AM

Jun 2008
Jigero said:

It probably had to do with the way she counted her previous lovers. It almost seemed shallow in the way she did it, like notches on a bedpost. Would Lawrence just be another digit on her finger? Another notch?

If we had a better idea of how she felt about her old lovers, it might make it more clear. Was she loyal to them? Did she have a fling with each and everyone one of them, then kick them to the curb when they were old? Did she stay with them until their death? Did she even love them? Hopefully we can find some perspective in the future. I personally believe, right now, that Holo would do anything for Lawrence because she loves him more than any other before him.

If I were in Lawrence's shoes, I would definitely be weary of the longevity of the relationship if it were to happen. What is the point if she would just leave him when he got old? Who wants to die alone and be forgotten?

On a side note, I am very curious if Holo was a mother (wolf or human) in her past. It is hard to believe no "accidents" happened in the past with all of these relationships. Although, she is a god :), she can probably control all of that, lol (ex: Bene Gesserit).
Sep 3, 2009 8:37 AM

Sep 2008
Jerikoh925 said:
Jigero said:

It probably had to do with the way she counted her previous lovers. It almost seemed shallow in the way she did it, like notches on a bedpost. Would Lawrence just be another digit on her finger? Another notch?

If we had a better idea of how she felt about her old lovers, it might make it more clear. Was she loyal to them? Did she have a fling with each and everyone one of them, then kick them to the curb when they were old? Did she stay with them until their death? Did she even love them? Hopefully we can find some perspective in the future. I personally believe, right now, that Holo would do anything for Lawrence because she loves him more than any other before him.

If I were in Lawrence's shoes, I would definitely be weary of the longevity of the relationship if it were to happen. What is the point if she would just leave him when he got old? Who wants to die alone and be forgotten?

On a side note, I am very curious if Holo was a mother (wolf or human) in her past. It is hard to believe no "accidents" happened in the past with all of these relationships. Although, she is a god :), she can probably control all of that, lol (ex: Bene Gesserit).

Ugh I like how everyone jumps the gun and says "oh she's a slut for loving some one else!" so what? Lawrence didn't even exist when she knew these guys, and of course she wouldn't be real serious about it because she probably can barely remember them cause they happened so long ago and they only lasted for maybe a moment of her time. It would be like me asking how many times did you enjoy cereal in your life time. So of course she doesn't take love very seriously cause she knows that it's brief for her and she will probably for get all about it in 10 years or so.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 3, 2009 9:18 AM
Aug 2009
Jigero said:
Ugh I like how everyone jumps the gun and says "oh she's a slut for loving some one else!" so what? Lawrence didn't even exist when she knew these guys, and of course she wouldn't be real serious about it because she probably can barely remember them cause they happened so long ago and they only lasted for maybe a moment of her time. It would be like me asking how many times did you enjoy cereal in your life time. So of course she doesn't take love very seriously cause she knows that it's brief for her and she will probably for get all about it in 10 years or so.

Heh. Reminds me of something I watched long ago:

"To live on as [immortals] have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received." - Lorien in Babylon 5

If anything, Horo testing Lawrence in this way shows just how much she is opening up to Lawrence. She clearly is starting to trust him beyond companionship to explore such topics with him. Sure, it might not be graceful or tactful, but Lawrence knows he's got neither himself (as she's reminded him plenty of times).

The fact that he still wants to jump on her even after she "admits" to having past lovers shows that he really doesn't care about those things (even if it initially rubs him the wrong way that she wants to "tease" him in that way).

It seems that this is just the only way Horo knows how to "test" him. I just hope that she learns to trust him, because it's becoming more clear that she's gone through some.. rough times in the past.
Sep 3, 2009 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
Jigero said:

Ugh I like how everyone jumps the gun and says "oh she's a slut for loving some one else!" .
Dude, its a fucking typo, its like calling your friend" bitch", god.

Obviously she had many lovers in the past due to her age and no one can do something about it, she was just teasing him and people here call her slut due the way she uses to tell him about that fact. Its a fucking typo. A FUCKING 'TYPO'.

Sep 3, 2009 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
I loved this episode - I really enjoy all romantic stuffs in Spice and Wolf, and it is even a greater pleasure, because season I lacked of such feelings. And this cliffhanger... :D Can't wait till next episode.
removed-userJan 1, 2010 6:37 AM
Sep 3, 2009 9:39 AM

Sep 2008
Mikiyo said:
Jigero said:

Ugh I like how everyone jumps the gun and says "oh she's a slut for loving some one else!" .
Dude, its a fucking typo, its like calling your friend" bitch", god.

Obviously she had many lovers in the past due to her age and no one can do something about it, she was just teasing him and people here call her slut due the way she uses to tell him about that fact. Its a fucking typo. A FUCKING 'TYPO'.

I wasn't referencing you, I would have quoted you if I was.
Sep 3, 2009 10:12 AM
Jul 2009
Jigero said:

The finger-counting was just teasing, it wasn't like she was literally counting dozens of men on her fingers.

Most of her existence (like 80% at least) was spent alone at the wheat village.
jacketboySep 3, 2009 10:15 AM
Sep 3, 2009 10:19 AM

Sep 2008
israfel070 said:
Jigero said:

The finger-counting was just teasing, it wasn't like she was literally counting dozens of men on her fingers.

Most of her existence (like 80% at least) was spent alone at the wheat village.

she was only at the Village for 200 years
Sep 3, 2009 10:36 AM
May 2008
so i guess this is the last season?
Sep 3, 2009 11:09 AM
Jul 2008
I want to see next episode! But god, I will hate him if he doesn't say no!
Sep 3, 2009 11:20 AM

Jul 2008
SGx2 said:

According to the novel, naw, far from it. We're at book 4~5ish. (of 10).
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Sep 3, 2009 11:34 AM
Jun 2008
kazuni said:
SGx2 said:

just made my day, i only hope we get more seasons.
Sep 3, 2009 11:46 AM

Dec 2008
kazuni said:
SGx2 said:

now that's just great, more horoxlawrence C:
Sep 3, 2009 11:53 AM

Jan 2009
Their journey won't end until they reach their destination, so obviously it will continue, would be ridiculous for the anime not to end, besides its one of the most epics plot I've seen :D

Sep 3, 2009 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
yea it's pretty obvious we are gonna be seeing another season, I just hope it doesn't take aslong as the this one to come out.
Sep 3, 2009 11:57 AM
Aug 2009
Tarrasji said:
I want to see next episode! But god, I will hate him if he doesn't say no!

I think we all agree with you here. It's a shame that he's screwed either way.
Sep 3, 2009 12:34 PM
Jul 2009
Book 5 out of 12 -so far- actually ;)
Sep 3, 2009 12:50 PM
Aug 2009
israfel070 said:
israfel070 said:

Aw, so it's been finished already in Japan, as of August? We'll be halfway through the official English translations by the middle of 2012, if all goes well. I can barely wait.. I haven't been this excited by a light novel in many a year.
Sep 3, 2009 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
kikuchimera said:
Aw that cliffhanger stuff is killing me and this episode make me want to beat the crap out of Horo XP

Well maybe not beat Horo but that sell offer in the end scared the heck out of me ;p God and now i have to wait a whole week for the next ep....
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Sep 3, 2009 12:59 PM
Jul 2009
Book 12 was not the end of the series, although apparently it's near that and people are expecting the end in 13 or 14.
Sep 3, 2009 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
israfel070 said:
Book 12 was not the end of the series, although apparently it's near that and people are expecting the end in 13 or 14.
Yeah I figured out that much, someone already told me like 5 months ago that Its not just 12 books. But I'm wondering how much time it'll take for them to release the final ones -_-

Sep 3, 2009 1:17 PM
Aug 2009
Mikiyo said:
israfel070 said:
Yeah I figured out that much, someone already told me like 5 months ago that Its not just 12 books. But I'm wondering how much time it'll take for them to release the final ones -_-

Based on the Wikipedia entry, they've been released in Japan every few months. My guess is that volume 13 will be released on November 10, and if that's not it for the series then volume 14 will be out February 10, 2010.
BashZeStampeedoSep 3, 2009 1:45 PM
Sep 3, 2009 1:31 PM

Oct 2007
Blay said:
I loved this episode - I really enjoy all romantic stuffs in Spice and Wolf, and it is even a greater pleasure, because season I was lacking such feelings. And this cliffhanger... :D Can't wait till next episode.
Sep 3, 2009 1:31 PM

Jul 2009
BashZeStampeedo said:
My guess is that volume 13 will be released on November 10, and if that's not it for the series then volume 14 will be out February 10, 2009.
someone is obviously living in the past...still 2008? :D jk...
Sep 3, 2009 1:44 PM
Aug 2009
vinesage said:
BashZeStampeedo said:
My guess is that volume 13 will be released on November 10, and if that's not it for the series then volume 14 will be out February 10, 2009.
someone is obviously living in the past...still 2008? :D jk...

It seems I've been asleep longer than I thought.. :) Fixed
Sep 3, 2009 1:52 PM

Aug 2007
For some reason I thought this episode wasn't as great as it should have been. I went like WTF in the beginning, as if I was thrown in the deep. I don't think Lawrence is going to sell anything about Horo: that would be ridiculous. Also, about the 'lovers' of Horo: maybe all of them were one-sided from either her side or their side or perhaps Lawrence is the first human that she actually felt attached to. Nice taming.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 3, 2009 2:05 PM
Aug 2008
Jigero said:
of course she wouldn't be real serious about it because she probably can barely remember them cause they happened so long ago and they only lasted for maybe a moment of her time. ... So of course she doesn't take love very seriously cause she knows that it's brief for her and she will probably for get all about it in 10 years or so.

You're ignoring the hints given by earlier episodes.

Holo has had dreams about being a wolf. Those dreams suggested intense loyalty to her pack, which may have included stable mating patterns. Holo seemed distraught by the prospect of Lawrence dying of old age, which may have meant that previous wolf-lovers died in combat, and that previous human lovers died of old age.

DragonsWhip said:
perhaps Lawrence is the first human that she actually felt attached to.

We *don't* know how many lovers have been wolves and how many have been men. We don't know how long the relationships lasted. We know Lawrence reminds Holo of another man she had loved.

Possibly the most interesting thing about this show is that it is the first anime I can recall that presented a woman with a high number of prior sex partners as the romantic lead. It's an amazing breakthrough for realistic social relationships in anime.

@Jerikoh925, who asked whether Holo had ever been a mother - yes, that would be interesting to know.
formosanSep 3, 2009 2:09 PM
Sep 3, 2009 2:16 PM
Aug 2009
formosan said:
We *don't* know how many lovers have been wolves and how many have been men. We don't know how long the relationships lasted. We know Lawrence reminds Holo of another man she had loved.

We do? I recall her mentioning that the way he tilts his chair back reminds her of the guy in Pasroe that she liked, but were there other instances indicating this that I somehow slept through?

More to-the-point is the fact that in this episode, even Lawrence seems to have gotten that point that it doesn't matter how many people she's been with. He clearly still wants her, and even apologizes for being momentarily immature about it (unless the subs failed me).
Sep 3, 2009 2:27 PM

Dec 2008
Another entertaining episode....with the usual cliffhanger driving me nuts routine. They sure know how to make Holo look attractive. (If only we could live in the anime world...lol)
HikaruKanekoSep 3, 2009 3:22 PM
Sep 3, 2009 2:36 PM

Jun 2009
saxophone said:
Another entertaining episode....with the usually cliffhanger driving me nuts routine. They sure know how to make Holo look attractive. (If only we could live in the anime world...lol)
i fully agree, the cliff hangers are almost expected now, and horo in almost every scene is awesome
Sep 3, 2009 2:37 PM
Jul 2009
I think saying "he reminds her of another man she loved" is deceptive... she described the wheat-contract guy further after that, and he sounded nothing like Lawrence's personality. And she said that on the 2nd day she knew Lawrence; it's clearly not an emotional-transfer thing.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

446 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Sep 16, 2009

133 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

109 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.