Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2009
woohoo!
forget bitch ex-gf
acquire osananajimi
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 20, 2014 8:55 PM

May 2013
Dam feeling that lump in my throat again, especially that part when Mitsuo tells Banri about how he knows... Hope this ends well
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Mar 20, 2014 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
You know what? Screw Linda and Kouko. This show would have been infinitely better if through all the times Nana-senpai helped Banri, he started to fall for her, and this show was actually about the blossoming love between her and Banri. Le sigh.

Let me revise that statement. The story would have been better. I don't know about the show, however, because it had a vast number of problems that weren't story related.
-Trippwire-Mar 20, 2014 9:07 PM
Mar 20, 2014 9:02 PM

Mar 2014
Wow.. Each time i see Banri crying and shouting for Linda my heart aches so bad..
I'm fine with how the series is ending with a KokoxBanri route though im a LindaxBanri fan but its just painful to think of how the old Banri feels. Suddenly waking up and your best friend isnt there but instead replaced by some new girl. Scary..
Then again if Banri ended up with Linda, i'd feel sorry for her cause it wouldnt really be for love anymore but just like a mother being there for a lost child. So i guess im satisfied and happy with how this anime might end ^_^
Just a side feeling of sadness for Linda :(
If anime characters were real, i'd probably be the happiest person alive! Or just dead.... ^_^

Mar 20, 2014 9:25 PM

May 2013
If Koko and Banri don't end up together.... I will be severely disappointed. The ending is what drastically lowered my opinion of Toradora (which I absolutely adored until the ending), and if Golden Time pulls ANY sort of ending where he doesn't end up with Koko, I will be extremely disappointed. It would feel like one giant troll by the writer because of how much development Banri and Koko had gone through not only relationship-wise, but each in their own personal growth. So seeing Banri end up reverting back to Linda (who really didn't develop all series), or ending up with no one would be a real shame.
Mar 20, 2014 9:28 PM
Feb 2014
I didn't understand the last part. So which memory does Banri have right now? The one before or after the accident?
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Mar 20, 2014 9:38 PM

Sep 2013
shadedclan said:

I didn't understand the last part. So which memory does Banri have right now? The one before or after the accident?

He came back to his old self and forgot everything that happened after the accident.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 20, 2014 9:39 PM

Feb 2014
Again with amnesia. Gosh, just how many times did the director needs to reuse this trope? This episode should have been called amnesia time. And somehow the awa dance scene being reuse again from last episodes.
They all are bunch of immature school kids instead of university students except for 2D-kun.
But I don't wanna bash this anime too much. I guess those who usually watch chinese drama could stand this.
Counteraction rising
Yeah we are ready for the punch line
There's no use with all your gimmick
So check this out!
Mar 20, 2014 9:41 PM

Aug 2013
I think the episode was a bit forced, the drama in the other episodes already was better
rather, the drama at the beginning of the anime was better
stayed everything to solve in the last episode
and the best part of this episode was to see Nana sleeping with Banri, totally clueless, but it was funny
I hope the anime has a great ending ..
_________

acho que o episodio foi meio forçado, o drama nos outros episodios ja foi melhor
melhor dizendo, o drama no começo do anime era melhor
ficou tudo para resolver no ultimo episodio
e a melhor parte deste episodio foi ver Nana dormindo com Banri, totalmente sem noção, mas foi engraçado
espero que o anime tenha um grande final ..
Mar 20, 2014 10:05 PM

Feb 2014
Lol no wonder Kouko broke it off.. Banri was a complete wreck and in the end nothing and no one was able to do anything about it.. And yea Nana=best girl with Loco Kouko coming second

I won't lie that Banri/Yana scene was bromance to the peak of bromance.. If someone watched that scene only they would probably take it the wrong way

Does Banri even get help? I keep seeing the words "Banri and hospital together" yet he never actually does
Mar 20, 2014 10:11 PM

Jun 2013
I don't like it.
Mar 20, 2014 10:46 PM

Oct 2010
oh god... next week is the last episode.... O.o
Mar 20, 2014 10:51 PM

Jan 2011
fezzy_2004 said:
nice ep. i feel like i truly understand how koko feels now and i can no longer be upset with her .......i m not one for sappy tears but this was really close to getting me there.......... its tordora all over again

not even close imo
Mar 20, 2014 11:11 PM

Aug 2012
...In rolls the backlash. Oh well.

I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Yes, it felt a little rushed but otherwise it still felt sincere and I enjoy the take on amnesia, it's actually a scary thought to just one day stop being the current you.

Koko redeemed herself a little, and Yana became his friend again. Plus, 2D Kun and Nana keep being best voices of reason and great friends to Banri.

Going to be interesting to see how this ends: will probably be heavy on the feels.
Mar 20, 2014 11:25 PM
Jan 2011
Banri went crazy again.
Mar 20, 2014 11:37 PM

Oct 2013
Banri x noone ftw.
Mar 21, 2014 12:05 AM

Dec 2010
2D-Kun accurately described my relationship with just about everyone, ever. This episode felt almost like a last episode, what with all of the flashbacks and the like. It made me quite sad, made me realize how much I'm going to miss this show.

All in all a great episode and it explained why Koko is avoiding him better. I imagine there will be a happy ending for everyone! Ideally Koko and Banri, Yana and Linda, 2D-Kun and Oka-chan. It would be awesome! Will it all happen? No, but I can dream!
Mar 21, 2014 1:11 AM
Apr 2013
This was better than last episode.

Ugh, seeing Koko cry was quite painful.

So we aren't broaching the whole "Linda Confessed" subject that happened last episode?

Mar 21, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't even realize next week will be the last episode already. I hope the ending isn't rushed or that we get a half-assed/cliffhanger ending.

I don't understand how some people still expect a Linda ending though. I don't think this story was ever a love triangle drama. It's always about Koko's and Banri's relationship and next episode will be the closure for that. I've always viewed Linda as a mere anchor between current and past Banri. She was never a threat to Koko.
MoeGodMar 21, 2014 1:21 AM
Mar 21, 2014 1:15 AM

Sep 2013
The past Banri is such a pansy. He keeps crying out for Linda like she's his fuckin mommy.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 21, 2014 1:29 AM
Oct 2012
This was the best episode so far. I would have been satisfied with the ending. Since I followed this show for so long and after seeing the clips from the first few episodes in the ending sequence it really initiated the FEELS within lol.
Mar 21, 2014 2:06 AM

Jul 2013
Well I guess that wraps up the forgiveness, though pretty predictable that she knows about the video and his memories are getting back. Regardless, although it was pretty quick, they will be close friends no matter what

2D-kun is getting left out. How lucky of that he slept slept with Nana-senpai.

What the Hell, is he forgetting Koko now? Guess his memories are coming back to haunt him... But I think it's over after he called out Linda's name and had some recovery.

Aw Yana is worried about Banri :D. Let the festival begin, and it prove to be successful. Next episode... Golden Time. Let's see how they wrap things up for the finale.

Mar 21, 2014 2:27 AM

Feb 2012
Both past and present Banri are wimps!! Past Banri has always been a wimp, but present Banri, he's a wimp for letting Koko go and hoping for her to go back instead of chasing after her; and for keep whining about disappearing!!

I enjoyed Nana in this episode for crawling in his bed, 2d-kun for worrying about the group's friendship and Yana for worrying about Banri.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 21, 2014 2:45 AM
Dec 2013
Unfortunately, you can't remember what your brain itself won't let you remember.

In the end, Banri only gets to sleep with the one girl he'll end up with--- Nana-sempai!
The truth hurts. Epic ninja move.

But yeah, now we're all the wiser knowing about amnesiacs.
Mar 21, 2014 4:17 AM
Dec 2013
geez Banri and Mitsou moment had me in tears!
1 episode left , loved this show since the start

hope the past banri doesnt come back!
Mar 21, 2014 4:41 AM

Apr 2010
Can't wait to see Banri's outer space trip in a canoe. R.I.P. in peace TeamLinda.
Mar 21, 2014 4:56 AM

Aug 2013
Well this show has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride. Looking forward to seeing how it's going to come to a close.

These past few episodes have been depressing as fuck. Like seriously, everything that could go wrong did. Banri broke up with Koko just when he finally got the balls to give her the ring. Then this episode he was slipping away like an old person with dementia, until he finally said he reverted back to his old self as the episode closed. Koko made that promise with him in the beginning and you're thinking, "ok, maybe this might get turned around somehow in this episode". Nope, everything went to hell.

As for the ending, I'd hope to see Banri get back together with Koko. Even if they start from square one. Now that his old self returned, he shouldn't be having any more anxiety or memory issues. This is the same person who created Toradora so despite how mediocre Toradora's happy ending was, it was a happy ending nonetheless so hopefully Golden Time can pull something even better off.
Mar 21, 2014 6:12 AM

Nov 2008
Most likely ending: The "power of love" restores Banri's memories for Koko

Other possible ending: Banri ends up with no-one and it is a more bitter than bittersweet ending. Too many feels in this one.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Mar 21, 2014 6:13 AM

Nov 2008
gothbaby said:
I feel like this show gets worse and worse every episode. I had high hopes for it too...

Can I ask why you didn't leave a long time ago? These are some of the better episodes
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Mar 21, 2014 7:15 AM

Oct 2011
Ophis said:
Ohhh look more bullshit drama. This series has just been one big train wreck. I think all the characters need to see a Doctor, the only normal ones seem to be 2D-kun and Nana. I really hate drama in general because very rarely is it ever done right without being forced or because of some asspull by the author. The moments that are meant be sad end up becoming funny because of the stupidity of it. Banri should get an award for most annoying character of the year!

Oh, wow. Good job on riding your so called "train wreck" for 23 episodes! I admire your balls, or stupidity for coming this far. Congratulations! You probably shouldn't watch the last episode if you're sick with more bullshit drama.
Nope.
Mar 21, 2014 7:15 AM

Apr 2013
I prefer bittersweet than an ending that I wouldnt want.
Anyway........my seppuku is still loading: 10% complete.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Mar 21, 2014 7:18 AM

Oct 2011
I... just hope we won't get another White Album 2 ending because FEELS.
Nope.
Mar 21, 2014 8:38 AM
Jan 2014
THIS is not a spoiler!

The preview of the nex episode suggests that there is going to be a timeskip. So I suppose that I can state this question without spoiling and still speaking with regard to the anime:

In the novel at the end there is a minor timeskip(probably couple of months 6-7?) but at the preview Koko said to Yana that his hair got thinner so is this an indicator that the timeskip in the anime is going to be noticeably bigger? I mean I doubt it that his hair would thin in his early 20's.
shymMar 21, 2014 8:52 AM
Mar 21, 2014 8:58 AM
Aug 2013
Does any 1 else think about Noragami during the Awa dances? Yato-san yoya-san!
Mar 21, 2014 9:15 AM

Dec 2011
shym said:
THIS is not a spoiler!

The preview of the nex episode suggests that there is going to be a timeskip. So I suppose that I can state this question without spoiling and still speaking with regard to the anime:

In the novel at the end there is a minor timeskip(probably couple of months 6-7?) but at the preview Koko said to Yana that his hair got thinner so is this an indicator that the timeskip in the anime is going to be noticeably bigger? I mean I doubt it that his hair would thin in his early 20's.

I don't think Yana's hair getting thinner necessary indicates the timeskip in the anime is going to be notably bigger because his hair can thin in his early 20s due to stress.
Mar 21, 2014 9:35 AM

Apr 2012
I am looking forward to the next eps. hopefully it won't disappoint.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 21, 2014 10:19 AM

Sep 2012
I almost cried with this episode
Can't wait to watch the last one
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 21, 2014 10:33 AM
Jan 2013
I'm thinking that this anime is gonna end in a friendzone, I guess I'm gonna have to forget about a possible Banri X Kouko arc.
Mar 21, 2014 10:41 AM

Mar 2014
Mitsuo and 2D-kun are awesome. Much bros. Very friends.

I seriously felt so bad for Koko this episode though. The scene where she was bawling after Banri forgot her when she brought Mitsuo just felt painful in my heart. A lot of people are mad she broke up with him because of his inevitable return of 'former Banri' but she stated why herself... she couldn't handle it. At least she was honest with herself.

I honestly don't know how this is gonna end but I do hope to see Banri go to space in a canoe.
Mar 21, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
Oh them feels!

I never imagined that watching from a taxi and not remembering making your girlfriend cry buckets on the sidewalk would be so confusing and heart rending.

Once again Nana senpai is the best character by far.

I also observed a time skip occurring in the preview. What I would assume is that Banri went back to his hometown to live with his parents, and Koko shows up one day and acts like she's meeting him for the first time. Something will happen somehow and jog his memories in the end so that either he'll end up remembering his feelings for her. The alternative would be that Koko shows up and he spends some time with her, and in the end nothing comes back and as some of you have mentioned, Koko will be left reminiscing about her "Golden Time" with Banri.

Both plots can still work, and as much as I hate to admit it, with the OP and ED what they are, both are still distinct possibilities (ED for the former option, OP for the later one).

Personally I would love to have a happy end for Banri and whoever the love of his life is, a platonic relationship or even a tragic end would leave a bad taste in my mouth. I just feel for the guy, he didn't deserve his condition and he certainly deserves to be happy.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 21, 2014 12:01 PM

Jan 2014
Good riddance of Koko. That bitch left banri to save herself without even regarding what he's going through. Man that ending was depressing as hell, I feel so bad for Banri. He needs girls like Linda to always look after him. Fuck Koko seriously, why did she have to break up with him like that anyways? Was it even necessary to tell him THAT so harshly? isnt a normal break up good enough? fuck her for making everything worse for banri
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Mar 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Oct 2011
Last episode next week. Wil cry my eyes out !!!!!!!
Mar 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
Last episode next week. Wil cry my eyes out !!!!!!!

Really? I though it was 26 episode.
Mar 21, 2014 12:44 PM

Feb 2014
KiyoshiKnight said:
Good riddance of Koko. That bitch left banri to save herself without even regarding what he's going through. Man that ending was depressing as hell, I feel so bad for Banri. He needs girls like Linda to always look after him. Fuck Koko seriously, why did she have to break up with him like that anyways? Was it even necessary to tell him THAT so harshly? isnt a normal break up good enough? fuck her for making everything worse for banri

Yea just forget about the numerous times she's been there for him and tried to help him.. Telling him to face his past and told him to go to the reunion.. Banri undoubtedly deserves some if not most of the blame.. He's the definition of a wimp at its finest.. He doesn't get help and leaves most of his friends in the hole about his problem for most of the anime.. Took advantage of Kouko numerous times.. Whines at his condition without having the initiative to do something about it.. All of this crap happened most of the anime .. Your statement summed up Banei.. He needs someone to look after him.. He's a bitch.. He was actually decent for the beginning-middle of the series but Ghost Banri makes Current Banri like charmin toilet tissue

Kouko's break up was harsh and she obviously could've done it better but when there was a chance to make up in the next episode he backs away.. If Kouko made his situation worse.. He never did anything on his own to make it better.. He kept saying he would tell everyone about his condition only for them to find out another way.. But him
Mar 21, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2012
Really sad seeing Banri slowly losing his memories of everyone.
Lol at Nana Senpai sleeping in the same bed as Banri.
1 more episode to go.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 21, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
AsianKungFu said:
The past Banri is such a pansy. He keeps crying out for Linda like she's his fuckin mommy.

Yea lol.
Mar 21, 2014 2:04 PM
Mar 2014
This episode made me extremely sad, but also angry. 24 episodes could've been enough to show the anime's true potential but someone decided to ruin that chance. Now with only 1 episode left, I have given up on most of my hope that the ending will be satisfactory. Too much unnecessary shitstorms of drama since the ghost Banri bs.
Mar 21, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2013
Banri needs serious medical help. I'm glad he acknowledged it and decided to get it.
Mar 21, 2014 3:22 PM

Mar 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Oh them feels!

I never imagined that watching from a taxi and not remembering making your girlfriend cry buckets on the sidewalk would be so confusing and heart rending.

Once again Nana senpai is the best character by far.

I also observed a time skip occurring in the preview. What I would assume is that Banri went back to his hometown to live with his parents, and Koko shows up one day and acts like she's meeting him for the first time. Something will happen somehow and jog his memories in the end so that either he'll end up remembering his feelings for her. The alternative would be that Koko shows up and he spends some time with her, and in the end nothing comes back and as some of you have mentioned, Koko will be left reminiscing about her "Golden Time" with Banri.

Both plots can still work, and as much as I hate to admit it, with the OP and ED what they are, both are still distinct possibilities (ED for the former option, OP for the later one).

Personally I would love to have a happy end for Banri and whoever the love of his life is, a platonic relationship or even a tragic end would leave a bad taste in my mouth. I just feel for the guy, he didn't deserve his condition and he certainly deserves to be happy.

Well said! I agree, The Op & Ed makes it seem like there will be a happy ending with Banri and Kouko if not, I will definitely Despise this anime! well just the ending!
Mar 21, 2014 3:36 PM

Jan 2014
I really feel sorry for Banri. But he "went down" a warrior. He knew "he" did not have much more time life, and decided to make the best of it, knowing he was still alive and would continue to live on, even if another reality.

Kudos to you Banri, you did not save Earth or anything, but you're definitely a hero.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.