Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2014 10:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
-------------------------------------
I really do feel sorry for Banri a little now. Definitely a feel trip this episode but at least Linda is in a better mood now. Nana is also quite supportive too.

Mm festival, that looks kinda fun. You go Nana senpai <3 FIGHTO.
Next week's the finale ;.; this has been quite a ride so far. The bromance moments between Mitsuo and Banri is awesome. Man tears ;.;
Mar 20, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
nice ep. i feel like i truly understand how koko feels now and i can no longer be upset with her .......i m not one for sappy tears but this was really close to getting me there.......... its tordora all over again
"Romance can strengthen people, but it can also make them useless."

Deishu Kaiki
Mar 20, 2014 12:58 PM

Dec 2013
How should I put it, it seems obvious who is gonna end with Banri and I'm not really happy wiith that, but that's like I thought is going to happen with the same author as toradora.

I still prefer the LindaxBanri Pairing, because I just think that they both fit perfect together and like we saw in the last episodes It's so ** obvious, that she still has feelings for Banri.

I think the Anime is going to end with BanrixKoko but I still believe, that the Light-Novel are going to end with BanrixLinda let's see what happens.

5/5!
Mar 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2009
Now that we're at this point, I sort of wonder what the point of ghost Banri was. Was it just part of his mind or supernatural? Also, if it was just part of his mind, doesn't it conflict with how things are right now (former Banri doesn't remember anything that has happened since the accident)?
Mar 20, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
Oh boy I got to wait another week :(
Mar 20, 2014 1:07 PM

Feb 2013
Loved this episode. Was anyone else biting their nails when the awa dance whas happening hoping he didn't space out again? This show has been great im just exited on how they are going to end it next week :D
Mar 20, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2010
Ah I think we will have an end KokoXBanri finally I hope many
Mar 20, 2014 1:15 PM

May 2013
I feel so bad for Banri now. I also feel bad for Koko too, just seeing Banri having these panic attacks and not remembering right in front of her.

No matter what though, his friends are always there for him. Definitely got teary eyed watching the scene with Mitsuo and Banri before the dance. So sad that there is one more episode left :(
Mar 20, 2014 1:16 PM
May 2013
interesting episode still rooting for Llinda and Banri seems to be there for Banri alot lately
Mar 20, 2014 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
It's been a while since I've seen a show with heart wrenching cliff hangers one after another. Can't wait for next week.

It's not just a Linda or Koko only option anymore. If the author wanted to I can totally see a depressing ending where Banri gets an even more serious brain disease to prevent either route.
Mar 20, 2014 1:19 PM
Dec 2013
Got really sick of Ghost Banri. I just wonder if Banri & Koko are going to be just friends or will they be a couple again. I'm feeling rather worried about the last episode and now we all have to wait 1 more week.
Mar 20, 2014 1:19 PM
May 2013
ihusmal1234 said:
It's been a while since I've seen a show with heart wrenching cliff hangers one after another. Can't wait for next week.

It's not just a Linda or Koko only option anymore. If the author wanted to I can totally see a depressing ending where Banri gets an even more serious brain disease to prevent either route.

agreed
Mar 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
Ive been a bit disappointed with this series.

Yes i do feel bad for Banri and Koko, but not as much as i am mad. Would you leave someone because they were dying just cause you were too afraid to lose them? No you would spend every second with them till the very end.

Present Banri has pretty much given up and doesn't even care to try to fight on (seeing as this is medical not sure if there is anything he can actually do to stop it but still)

Past Banri crying and screaming again, shocker.

Ive given up hope for a happy ending, oh well another show will end with me in tears.

I'm at least glad that all of Banri's friends are all there for him, got teary when Mitsuo was was talking to Banri about always being there for him and telling him to come home anytime.
My Candies:
Mar 20, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
In the beginning of this series I HATED koko and wanted a depressing ending or something like that, but now I just want banri and koko to be together PLZ I DONT WANT A DEPRESSING ENDING ;_;
Mar 20, 2014 1:27 PM

Sep 2012
anyone want to start any ending predictions?

Deishu Kaiki
Mar 20, 2014 1:31 PM
Mar 2013
Incoming Toradora ending.
Mar 20, 2014 1:31 PM

Oct 2010
Funny how when Banri shouts (shrieks) it makes me cringe, but when 2D shouts it's the best thing ever! The guy can do no wrong, can't wait to see him butt heads with Koko in the next episode.
Mar 20, 2014 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
I can't honestly tell how it's going to end. The parts that made me sad were the parts where Banri had forgotten Koko when they met AND when it happened the second time it just made me even more sad! Seeing Koko cry uncontrollably was messed up. I really do wish for a happy ending, but who knows there are those times where the ending can be totally messed up.
TisumiiMar 20, 2014 1:37 PM
Mar 20, 2014 1:38 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
fezzy_2004 said:

Yea, Banri is eating dinner by himself at his apartment, and Mitsuo comes in and confesses his love to him. They go out the balcony, stare at the stars, city, and Mitsuo proceeds to kiss Banri's lips. After that, they make love. Miss Ultrasonic confesses to 2D-kun and the two travel to Paris to get married, have babies, and live the true Golden Time.

^Ok on a serious note. I expect Banri to just be friends with everyone. No romance, no Kouko kissing Banri, or Linda confessing. Just a plain friendship episode.

As for what was Ghost Banri. I believe it was just Banri's other self that was trying to take over but settled down afterward. Now we get these normal panic attacks which is quite sad to see Banri in such a depressing state because it's not his fault he has those attacks. As for Kouko, I hope they don't end up together. I mean breaking up with Banri because she doesn't want to see him forget her and leave her. I get her reasons, but if she really did love him she'd stay with him in the good and bad times. What if they got married and after 4 years his panic attacks come back again. Will she leave him to avoid being hurt. Linda is much better with Banri but I doubt either will win.

Mar 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Dec 2013
I have a feeling that banri, is going to forget everyone.
Mar 20, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
Ohhh look more bullshit drama. This series has just been one big train wreck. I think all the characters need to see a Doctor, the only normal ones seem to be 2D-kun and Nana. I really hate drama in general because very rarely is it ever done right without being forced or because of some asspull by the author. The moments that are meant be sad end up becoming funny because of the stupidity of it. Banri should get an award for most annoying character of the year!

Mar 2013
I'm officially done with Tada Banri. What an asshole. I hope this doesn't get a depressing ending. Even a "just friendship" ending would be fine.

Mar 2012
Linda or KoKo route?
Naw, stuck in a mental institution and forget everything route.
If that actually happen, it will be the few time that I seen a tragedy ending in anime.

Ophis said:
Ohhh look more bullshit drama. This series has just been one big train wreck. I think all the characters need to see a Doctor, the only normal ones seem to be 2D-kun and Nana. I really hate drama in general because very rarely is it ever done right without being forced or because of some asspull by the author. The moments that are meant be sad end up becoming funny because of the stupidity of it. Banri should get an award for most annoying character of the year!

This is adopted from a novel or something. I suspect they cut out a lot of stuffs in the anime, so it seem like everyone's emotion states change every minute.

Jul 2012
i hope he ends up with koko.
Cty Best mid
Mar 20, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
SweetKotomi said:
fezzy_2004 said:

Yea, Banri is eating dinner by himself at his apartment, and Mitsuo comes in and confesses his love to him. They go out the balcony, stare at the stars, city, and Mitsuo proceeds to kiss Banri's lips. After that, they make love. Miss Ultrasonic confesses to 2D-kun and the two travel to Paris to get married, have babies, and live the true Golden Time.

^Ok on a serious note. I expect Banri to just be friends with everyone. No romance, no Kouko kissing Banri, or Linda confessing. Just a plain friendship episode.
'
I almost fell out of my chair ...i thought you were going all sena on me from oreimo and i sure hope not i really want koko to be with him because i truly feel that she needs him and he needs her in a way they can depend on each....sure it will be tough but what love isnt tough

As for what was Ghost Banri. I believe it was just Banri's other self that was trying to take over but settled down afterward. Now we get these normal panic attacks which is quite sad to see Banri in such a depressing state because it's not his fault he has those attacks. As for Kouko, I hope they don't end up together. I mean breaking up with Banri because she doesn't want to see him forget her and leave her. I get her reasons, but if she really did love him she'd stay with him in the good and bad times. What if they got married and after 4 years his panic attacks come back again. Will she leave him to avoid being hurt. Linda is much better with Banri but I doubt either will win.

Deishu Kaiki
Mar 20, 2014 1:47 PM
May 2013
My bet is gonna be a Linda and Banri Ending shes been there for all of his freakouts
Mar 20, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 2013
Damn. This episode really had my feels going all over the place.
I've been watching romance after romance after Toradora, but I was only kept on the edge every single time by this anime.

This is literally the first time that I can't go all Keima Katsuragi and say "I can see the ending."
"There's something in this world that no one has seen before. It is gentle and very sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That's why no one has ever seen it. The world hid it-so that no one could get their hands on it easily. However, someday, someone will find it... And the person who deserves it the most will definitely find it."
Mar 20, 2014 2:03 PM

Oct 2009
I've become real with Jesus and I have to say, if Banri was going to psychologist, get suitable pills on his illness, maybe this story would become more realistic in that way and better. But we have anime thus, different "reality" and behavior our protagonist. Imo he shouldn't be with Koko nor Linda. First he have to heal himself and equanimity. No girls allowed (though I still ship Kaga x Banri lol). Next and at the same time - last episode will be like "spiritual fulfillment our minds". I will miss this show ;')

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Mar 20, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2012
Good episode, can't believe all that has happened has finally come to this. Shocking. One more to go, going to extremely miss Golden Time.
Mar 20, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
powerofthebeast said:
Damn. This episode really had my feels going all over the place.
I've been watching romance after romance after Toradora, but I was only kept on the edge every single time by this anime.

This is literally the first time that I can't go all Keima Katsuragi and say "I can see the ending."

I feel like its gonna end with Koko.

Have you looked at Nagi Asu? Now THAT is one where nobody can say "I can see the ending". lol
Mar 20, 2014 2:14 PM

May 2012
Overall, decent episode, everyone got to make up and we got to see more Nana senpai. The ending is pretty obvious, you're lying to yourself if you say you don't know how this will end.

If I was the writer of this show, I would've shipped NanaXBanri. Nana senpai is obviously best girl.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 20, 2014 2:16 PM
Mar 2013
saxophone15 said:
Now that we're at this point, I sort of wonder what the point of ghost Banri was. Was it just part of his mind or supernatural? Also, if it was just part of his mind, doesn't it conflict with how things are right now (former Banri doesn't remember anything that has happened since the accident)?

As a story device, to get the other perspective of his past. The idea of getting to know his past was good, but it feels very out of place to have it be a ghost more or less.
Mar 20, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
Get yourself together Banri! How dare you forget about all those beautiful moments with Koko and all the new friends you made. I really wanna see a happy ending next week.
Mar 20, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2013
That sudden end of episode exposition. No scene or nothing just. "I reverted back to my former self" so cold. Dem feels.
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 20, 2014 2:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm repeating what I've said before in these forums but Tada Banri is seriously ill for crying out loud. It's not like he's trying to forget things on purpose. It's about time that he checks himself in into a hospital.

at this point the most realistic thing would be for him to forget everyone or just remain friends with them all. And the days he spent with Koko would be his "Golden Time".

Of course, there's still a chance that he'll end up with someone, but then he would have to be cured one way or another,

I gotta love Nana. First woman to share Banri's bed like that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 20, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2010
NinjaGizmo said:
Get yourself together Banri! How dare you forget about all those beautiful moments with Koko and all the new friends you made. I really wanna see a happy ending next week.

Same here, he didn't even fight for those memories...god I hate Banri right now.
Mar 20, 2014 2:22 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was very good. I hope that I will like the final episode

10th_man_down said:
NinjaGizmo said:

Same here, he didn't even fight for those memories...god I hate Banri right now.

Lol u can't really fight for memories. If it will happen, it's going to happen.

Mod Edit: Double post combined.
rodacMar 20, 2014 11:21 PM
Mar 20, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2013
You hate Banri because he didn't "fight for those memories"? Sorry that's not how mental illness works.

Calling Banri an asshole because he is in the middle of a HUGE fucking identity crisis that is in no way his fault is childish. The only thing he should/could have done is go to the doctor more, but it likely would have resulted in the same.

The ending is obvious. The last line establishes he lost his present memories and reverted so he will be back home dicking around then Koko will come and the power of love will emerge and he will remember and still love Koko. they kiss or w/e the end happy happy joy joy.

The major misstep of this series was Ghost Banri. No one is really sure what he was and they could have done this story line of memory loss without it. The characters at times seem inconsistent and make some decisions that it feels like they were forced to make them just to increase the drama.
Mar 20, 2014 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
Drakewinm said:
10th_man_down said:
NinjaGizmo said:

Lol u can't really fight for memories. If it will happen, it's going to happen.

This is anime, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Mar 20, 2014 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
This show NEEDS a sad ending.
Mar 20, 2014 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
I liked this episode but I think that Banri should have done something, he knew that he was going to die so just try to live all you can without thinking about it.
He wanted to go hospital, that was a good idea but too late.
And last line makes me think... If he isn't here anymore, how he can say that? Fiction I suppose.
I'm surely going to miss this show...
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Mar 20, 2014 2:51 PM

Jan 2012
I don't think this is Ghost Banri because Ghost Banri "saw" the events that happened after Banri lost his memories. He was probably just a representation of Banri's old memories.

I teared up a bit twice in the first half with Koko and Banri talking and Banri temporarily losing his memories right in front of Koko. Also for the first few seconds of the Banri and Mitsuo soon, but then I started laughing when they started showing each others faces because I thought they were gonna make a joke about it sounding like a confession and Banri being creeped out.

I also laughed when Nana said she just decided to sleep in his bed and Linda commented on how not to let her guard down around him because he's a guy.

The mom cares but I think she misses the old Banri despite his previous flaws, which is understandable.
I also think that Linda has moved on from her feelings she had for Banri and she's probably opening up to Mitsuo which sucks for Oka, but I'm a Okax2D fan anyways.

I know it's most likely gonna end with BanrixKoko and somehow the situation will be solved, but the drama is heart wrenching. :(
Mar 20, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2014
I wish Banri was able to give Kouko his mom's ring and after he loses his memory, he'll be able to fall in love with kouko again because he remembers the ring! The ring could've played a major role!
Mar 20, 2014 2:54 PM

Jul 2012
I'm expecting a happy ending, but in only one episode? Wow... Lots of stuff are going to happen next week. Looking forward.
Mar 20, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2012
Knewbie said:
I wish Banri was able to give Kouko his mom's ring and after he loses his memory, he'll be able to fall in love with kouko again because he remembers the ring! The ring could've played a major role!

I actually think this will probably happen and that the ending theme is hinting it.
Mar 20, 2014 2:56 PM

Dec 2011
I don't get it is old Banri different from the ghost Banri that's been watching new Banri?
Mar 20, 2014 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
Hitashi said:
I don't get it is old Banri different from the ghost Banri that's been watching new Banri?

Clearly not, hes the same crying bitch as the ghost Banri.
My Candies:
Mar 20, 2014 3:12 PM
Mar 2014
My prediction: Banri forgets everything post accident, as said at the end of the episode. Then he goes home for awhile to get treatment and come to terms with it, the preview and his conversation with his mom seem to indicate that. After some months have gone by, the whole gang comes to see him. Banri knows of them but doesn't really remember them; then, Chinami shows everyone the video she has put together with all the film she's taken over the course of the show. Banri's memories from the post accident come back, and he remembers his love for Koko. It ends with them together.

Or... Yuyuko Takemiya could say fuck to all that and no one ends up with no one.
Mar 20, 2014 3:18 PM

Jan 2009
12:36 how the hell did linda know where banri would go crazy?

14:51 nana x banri in bed

19:23 banri x yano = YAOI :d

----------------------
1. Seems impossible for banri x koko to become just friends again

2. More nana & linda show time would have been nice

3. Well, next week is last episode. I'd prefer it end bad. Cuz then I'd remember it for a long time

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 20, 2014 3:21 PM

Dec 2009
Golden Time advice:

Just go to a dang doctor.

The end.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.