Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2014 10:15 AM
Nov 2013
Tsumugu will self sacrifice in the last episode as well so I'm sure this mediocre Chisaki should end up alone hate Chisaki
Mar 20, 2014 10:15 AM

Jan 2014
I wonder whether Tsumugu would take the red-green slug?
Mar 20, 2014 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
CHISAKI! dat reject hahaha...

happy 4 sayu and kaname, i thought that this series will have no route ending, but at least 1 of them has been cleared.
Mar 20, 2014 10:22 AM
Jan 2014
Gosh it really bothers me that every one is saying how terrible person Chisaki is, and how childish and stubborn she has ben behaving.
I mean it is true that she can be frustrating some times and it quite anoying when she is like that, but coome on! im sure that if she reacted differently to tsumugus confession every one would be even angrier at her If she had accepted Tsumugus feelings, you would all be like " ohh she is such a bitch, she doesnt care for manakas or kanames feelings" or "she is just going to forget hikari as easy as that? her character is sooo bad written!!" In my opinion chisaki did what she could do best still beeing in character, i did find kind of harsh how she broke the hug between tsumugu and her but well she was just shoked scared and nervous, how would you have reacted?
Instead of looking how she rejected Tsumugu we should be all be happy because she does have feelings for him, she is just confused and she felt that if she accepted tsumugus feelings right now she would be betraing her frineds, what is what many people would have said if she did accept them. Its obvios they are ending up togheter!
And please stop comparing her with Sayu!!!they are two different characters with two different personalities! plus you dont know how different Sayu would be if she had gone through all the shit Chisaki has!! Sayu has a prety simple life excepting the fact that the the guy she likes liked another girl, and when she confeses he even accept her feelings! she has been having it pretty easy you know?

And just one more thing.... im worried that chisaki will try to do something stupid and tsumugu will try to help her and something bad happens to him ._____.

I think this whole thing of the ofunehiki is going to be the same as in chapter 13 but with some changes...
Mar 20, 2014 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
Would be funny if Chisaki and Tsumugu will hibernates for 5 years
Mar 20, 2014 10:27 AM
Jan 2014
something that will happen in the last episode to understand Chisaki in love with Tsumugu.
Mar 20, 2014 10:27 AM

Nov 2012
Kaname x Sayu are the best couple in this story.
Mar 20, 2014 10:30 AM

Nov 2012
LiMaKuS said:
I actually really want that to happen :)
Mar 20, 2014 10:38 AM

Jan 2011
kido22 said:
something that will happen in the last episode to understand Chisaki in love with Tsumugu.

She knows it. She thinks shes not allowed to accept his feelings cose of Manaka... its stupid, yes, but not as much as if she really believed she still wants Hikari.
AlexGKMar 20, 2014 2:43 PM
Mar 20, 2014 10:39 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ruininomiya said:

This person knows what's up. I had a feeling I would see some Chisaki bashing this episode, just like how there was some Tsumugu bashing last episode. There's always at least one character being bashed every episode...atm there really isn't that many angry people though so I guess I'm overreacting too :P

Anyways, I agree that Chisaki may not be the best nor the most sensible and rational person ever, and especially not in this show. Yet, I feel that she's very realistic and acts according to what she has always valued, staying the same. It should be no surprise then that her reason for rejecting Tsumugu has to do with the fact that she doesn't want things to have changed while the others were hibernating. She even feels guilty, as if she's betraying everyone if she did change. Chisaki is suffering in her own way, she just needs to learn to finally move on and accept change, it's just that it's a difficult thing for her to do because she has been stuck in time. Her conversation with Kaname is proof of that; it's not that she doesn't realize that she is in love with Tsumugu, it's that she doesn't want to realize it and won't let herself love Tsumugu because in the end, her Shioshishio friends are still very important to her. It's a shame that she feels guilty for moving on and changing, but as I said, that's always been a huge part of her personality, and it's what drives much of her actions and decisions since the first episode. I can understand if people dislike Chisaki and especially her reason for rejecting Tsumugu, but it's sad too that some people don't try to understand her (or even other characters really).

Anyways, lol at Sayu telling Kaname to stop being a tragic heroine. No one saw that coming did they. So many people guessed she might be talking to Chisaki or Miuna, but nope. I'm glad Kaname accepted her feelings and can finally move forward. This was also the most realistic reaction from him because he knows that Chisaki will never look his way the way she looked or looks at Hikari and Tsumugu. The realization that someone kept him in their heart was a huge relief to him and he understood that he doesn't have to feel lonely anymore. Unlike Chisaki, he allows himself to feel happy, but not after he had also suffered as well. That conversation between him and Chisaki really hurt because of the smile he had on the whole time.

Also, knew Chisaki would have thoughts about sacrificing herself this time :( I always thought that it would be a nice twist if she (or anyone else) became the final sacrifice besides Manaka or Miuna as seen in the OP, that they would just be red herring for everyone to think that that would be how it ends up. But idk, I don't think the chances of that happening is high since they probably wouldn't got that far to surprise the viewers. It would be interesting though if it was Hikari that gets sacrificed in the end after hearing the end of the story from the grandpa.
Mar 20, 2014 10:39 AM

Oct 2013
Let's say Chisaki x Tsumugu, Sayu x Kaname and Manaka x Hikari
Then, who's there for Miuna?

Don't tell me the bicycle boy.. (http://myanimelist.net/character/98645/Atsushi_Minegishi)
The dude don't even have enough screen time
how come get one of the MC?
It doesn't compute
"Burn the heretics"
Mar 20, 2014 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
Oh the words and feelings I have for this show.

First and foremost, this whole Tsumugu and Chisaki ordeal. I never shipped them and I never liked it. I'll accept it but I just don't care for it personally. I like Tsumugu as a character (for the most part) and if being with Chisaki would make him happy (despite me being a Tsumugu x Manaka shipper), I'll happily accept the couple. Chisaki on the other hand... she annoys the hell out of me. I really liked her pre-time skip. I really did. She was a sweet character. But I find myself getting more annoyed with her with every episode.

The thing is I /do/ think she was put into a terrible and traumatic position. She was left behind on the surface while everyone she knew and loved went to sleep for five years. She was alone. I feel bad for her. I don't think she wants to accept the fact, however, that that is EXACTLY what happened and nothing she can do will change that. Even with that little comment there at the end of the episode where I think she was hinting that she would sacrifice herself? I could be entirely wrong but that is what I took from that. But she is being childish. She hasn't matured and she clings to the past. She obviously does have feelings for Tsumugu but denies it to the nail. She wants to be like the others so bad she won't accept what is reality, that she will never be their age again and that she went through five years of life without them.. changing and "growing up".

Honestly, I do see Tsumugu x Chisaki becoming canon in the end. But Chisaki just needs to figure her shit out. I get she is in a tough place but god damn woman. I think I'm taking my anger out on you because of my sunken Tsumugu x Manaka ship. I'm sorry...

As far as Kaname x Sayu... I loved it. You freakin' GO, Sayu! I think they are pretty much canon now and I fully support that 100%. :]

I do have a rotten feeling about the Ofunehiki though. Something bad will happen, I think. Someone will probably be sacrificed. Either Miuna, Tsumugu, or Manaka. Who knows.. maybe Hikari!! I will support Hikari x Miuna if it happens and I can grow to like Hikari x Manaka, I think.

I know the ship has sunk but any Tsumugu x Manaka shippers out there with me still? </3 T.T
Is it next Thursday yet?
Mar 20, 2014 10:41 AM
Jan 2014
Sayu you are amazing and can single handedly carry this clusterfuck of love septaocanonagons out of the wierdness and thread everything together. Im really glad that I picked Sayu as one of my favourite characters even before the timeskip, cause she has been nothing but Spades since then and it really makes me happy to see I was right about a character for once.

Kaname really atoned for his previous behaviour this episode, finally we see why he's been acting like a complete fuckwit, he thought no one cared for him. Good to see him lending and ear to Chisaki, even though it caused him some pain

Poor Akira :(

Have to say, what Chisaki said to Tsumugu at the start of the episode sounded great to my ears, unfortunately this has been forced down our throats since the time skip, so I know it will end with this lame ship becoming reality, its so boring.
Mar 20, 2014 10:43 AM

Sep 2008
Toaki90 said:
Let's say Chisaki x Tsumugu, Sayu x Kaname and Manaka x Hikari
Then, who's there for Miuna?

Hope she will stay alone,
when her friend without Ena and no particular significance in story,
will end up with guy who she falling in love as little girl :)
Mar 20, 2014 10:44 AM
Jan 2014
kisschuu said:

I know the ship has sunk but any Tsumugu x Manaka shippers out there with me still? </3 T.T
Is it next Thursday yet?

Im still with you but I have also given up as I said on my own comment on this episode, the ChisakiXTsumugu thing just seems so forced, its really unpleasent to be honest, though I've changed my mind and I totally dislike Tsumugu now, the only thing that would save him for me is if ManakaXTsumugu happened. so yeah
Mar 20, 2014 10:46 AM

Oct 2012
I loved this episode, so sad I have to wait one more week :(...
KanamexSayu ship sailed , Sayu is the hero of this episode :), I really liked their scenes.
And Tsumugu should try to confess again, in my opinion Chisaki is in love with him but she doesn't want to realize because she still has feelings for Hikari (but she didn't try anything) and maybe she feels bad for Kaname.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Mar 20, 2014 10:52 AM
Jun 2013
kisschuu said:

Is it next Thursday yet?

Hell yeah. Im totally with you. Chisaki's relationship with Tsumugu just feels too forced. Since she was the only one who stayed on the surface, It was like she was forced to fall for him. Dislike him with a passion. TsumuguxManaka Pls.
Mar 20, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2011
I knew it would never happen but I was still holding out for KanamexChisaki...I was like 'no, no ,no' when Sayu told Kaname that she liked him

Mar 20, 2014 10:58 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
CuteAznGirl said:
kisschuu said:

Is it next Thursday yet?

Hell yeah. Im totally with you. Chisaki's relationship with Tsumugu just feels too forced. Since she was the only one who stayed on the surface, It was like she was forced to fall for him. Dislike him with a passion. TsumuguxManaka Pls.

It was hinted that Chisaki had minor feelings for Tsumugu pre-timeskip, even Kaname noted it in this episode during his conversation with Chisaki. It just happened so that Chisaki was the only left of the surface and lived with Tsumugu, which only led to her minor feelings for him change into something more. Given this information, I don't see how it feels like Chisaki was forced to fall for him?
Mar 20, 2014 10:59 AM
Mar 2013
Kaname Best Guy
Mar 20, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
NubbyMcNubNub said:
Kaname Best Guy

Kaname was always best guy.
Mar 20, 2014 11:01 AM

Sep 2010
I love this episode. It was brilliant. I will going to address Chisaki first.

Just like most of us guessed, Chisaki's been in love with Tsumugu these past five years, but she tried to convince herself she still loved Hikari when she doesn't at all so she would be 'unchanged' which is just a fantasy. Now we found out why she fears she has changed, she has a survivor's guilt complex, specially regarding Manaka who she believes loves Tsumugu. She feels guilty she's got happy memories with the man she loves while Manaka doesn't. She's scared of being happy. She doesn't need 'five years' to get over this, that's the opposite of healthy. That's encouraging her self destructive behavior where she's punished herself for something outside her control. Good thing Tsumugu firmly scolds her when she appears self destructive, that is exactly what she needs right now. She needs to get grounded and fixed as soon as possible. Her issue has nothing to do with her love for Tsumugu, but her guilt caused by the incident 5 years ago. Kaname knew Chisaki was going to still end up with Tsumugu in his what if scenarios, he admitted it. Hurtful as was to watch so much raw displays of feelings...this episode is a huge step forward because she's admitted now she loves Tsumugu, Kaname knows too, she admits she's been deceiving herself all this time. She needs to exorcise her feelings of guilt and that's where the ofunehiki comes to play.

Tsumugu came up with a solution for everything. For Manaka's problems, for the world's problems but also Chisaki's. Regardless of what happens, giving Chisaki the repeat to try to help her friend is providing her (and everyone) closure. I'm sure there'll be bumps in the road (because for drama sake the ritual can't be smooth sailing completely), but he's right on target and we'll get a good resolution this time. If you judge Uroko's dismissal to Hikari's proposal in the first half, he's completely accepting Tsumugu's this time. His attitude changed from apathetic and warning to supportive and encouraging. Tsumugu acquired ena, observed the sea, used his knowledge of oceanography and came up with an idea to not involve people in the ritual. Uroko looked very impressed. And people called him passive, he already had all the people gathered, didn't stay still to brood about his 'rejection' (because he probably knew Chisaki's reasons) and stayed around to feel the sea 'feelings'. He wasted no time in drama.

Kaname also took a step forward. He was finally honest with his feelings, I was proud of the boy and it gave me joy he would give a chance to Sayu (who is my favorite female character of the show so I was so happy she has a shot T_T ). He was sincere he felt the odd one out and it certainly feels like that. Poor guy. Good thing he finally stopped pretending he's mature and allows himself to be a kid.

Manaka also took a step forward, she's aware she's missing something, love precisely and that makes her upset. It was painful to watch her cry and tormented by the waves of the sea.

It's building up in a cohesive direction so far and maybe grandpa isn't going to die after all! I am happy for that. I would hate if he did.
ThessMar 20, 2014 11:04 AM
Mar 20, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
Pretty much sealed Tsumugu x Chisaki. It is beyond obvious that her feelings have changed. Chisaki is just too stubborn to accept it because she feels guilty for abandoning the remnants of her old feelings for Hikari, moving forward without her friends there, and taking away Tsumugu from Manaka. She's been fighting it for many years. Pretty cool to see Sayu have a new beginning with Kaname. Now all there is to resolve is Manaka/ Hikari/ Miuna triangle lol (though I think Miuna is going to receive the short end of the stick :X )

ahhh Chisaki best girl with Sayu a close runner up.
zzzeallyMar 20, 2014 11:23 AM

Mar 20, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Tsumugu will be the sacrifice and that Chisaki will be alone at the end, regreting her decisions.
Mar 20, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2009
I WAS SO SURPRISED WHEN SAYU HASN'T RUN OFF AFTER THE TRAIN PASSED I LOVE HER ;_;

... which I can't say about Chisaki, but at least when Manaka will get her feelings back she won't have to feel like she does now.

Such a great episode.

Thess said:
And people called him passive, he already had all the people gathered, didn't stay still to brood about his 'rejection' (because he probably knew Chisaki's reasons) and stayed around to feel the sea 'feelings'. He wasted no time in drama.

^also this.
Mar 20, 2014 11:13 AM

May 2012
You got to give it up to Sayu. She made this episode for me. Finally Kaname gets some love. Never thought I see that man cry. Glad he accepted Sayu feelings. Now if everyone else would get to the same page.
Mar 20, 2014 11:18 AM

Sep 2010
Zeally said:
Pretty much sealed Tsumugu x Chisaki. It is beyond obvious that her feelings have changed. Chisaki is just too stubborn to admit it because she feels guilty for abandoning the remnants of her old feelings for Hikari, moving forward without her friends there, and taking away Tsumugu from Manaka. She's been fighting it for many years. Pretty cool to see Sayu have a new beginning with Kaname. Now all there is to resolve is Manaka/ Hikari/ Miuna triangle lol (though I think Miuna is going to receive the short end of the stick :X )

She already admitted them. She can't accepted Tsumugu's feelings (begin relationship) because of she feels guilty about Manaka.
Mar 20, 2014 11:22 AM

Feb 2014
This episode. Oh my god. I cried, laughed and squealed. XD
Sayu's confession was the best and cutest thing ever,
When she thumps her hear and says that Kaname has been there all along!!! It was so touching!

Akira was adorable, I had to re-watch his bashfulness when giving the letter! It was very cute and Akari is the best and coolest mom ever! Her pep talk was awesome XD "Don't give up Akira!!!" :P

Chisaki frustrated me so much, although I understand her being scared, but still, can't you talk it over with Tsumugu instead of run away screaming untrue things??? UGH
I would've hugged Tsumugu so tight, holy crap XD

I'm starting to like Muina, I disliked her after the time-skip, but you can tell these past few episodes she has a big heart.

Kaname crying, ;_; I was tearing up when he said he knew Tsumugu would be next, never him, and that no one was waiting for him! I really do like his character, even though he can be very jealous, he can also be very mature!

Manaka, saying she can't understand love broke me, she is so sweet, she needs to love again!

Hikari is good character, but he sometimes gets on my nerves. I think he should just tell Manaka that the one he loves is HER. I don't know whyyy he has to say after the Ofunehiki! I mean the 'I'll tell you after' makes me think something bad is going to happen like last time....

I have yet to see a damned kiss in this whole 24 eps of love drama... I want a kiss!! Please? XD Don't pull a Kimi ni Todoke and have the chosen couples never kiss XD

I really love this show,It is my favorite series so far. I do not want to see it end. Really. I hope for a second season so bad, even though it seems impossible.

Mehhh~~~~
Mar 20, 2014 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
Thess said:
Zeally said:
Pretty much sealed Tsumugu x Chisaki. It is beyond obvious that her feelings have changed. Chisaki is just too stubborn to admit it because she feels guilty for abandoning the remnants of her old feelings for Hikari, moving forward without her friends there, and taking away Tsumugu from Manaka. She's been fighting it for many years. Pretty cool to see Sayu have a new beginning with Kaname. Now all there is to resolve is Manaka/ Hikari/ Miuna triangle lol (though I think Miuna is going to receive the short end of the stick :X )

She already admitted them. She can't accepted Tsumugu's feelings (begin relationship) because of she feels guilty about Manaka.

Admit was probably a wrong word choice, and i agree.

Mar 20, 2014 11:23 AM
Oct 2013
Sayu became a lot more lovable after five years. And the way Kaname replied was all nice and intelligent. Loved this episode, except Chisaki's logic was weird. Still understandable, but weird.
Mar 20, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2009
tingy said:

It was hinted that Chisaki had minor feelings for Tsumugu pre-timeskip, even Kaname noted it in this episode during his conversation with Chisaki. It just happened so that Chisaki was the only left of the surface and lived with Tsumugu, which only led to her minor feelings for him change into something more. Given this information, I don't see how it feels like Chisaki was forced to fall for him?

Yeah, could you please support this claim? Before the Ofunehiki event, there was not even the slightest hint that Chisaki had any feelings for Tsumugu. This was also the same for Tsumugu. Specific episodes and at its time point will do.
Mar 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Oct 2010
Thess said:
Zeally said:

I even question the authenticity of this excuse. Kaname told her clearly that Manaka had nothing to do with it, yet she adamantly refused to believe him, and then looked away when he told her she was being stubborn. This tells me that she is just being stubborn, doesn't really believe Manaka likes Tsumugu, and is just looking for more excuses to not be honest with herself.

Manaka never once told Chisaki that she liked Tsumugu, so she's grasping for straws as far as I'm concerned.
Mar 20, 2014 11:30 AM

Sep 2010
Madara31 said:
Thess said:
Zeally said:

I even question the authenticity of this excuse. Kaname told her clearly that Manaka had nothing to do with it, yet she adamantly refused to believe him, and then looked away when he told her she was being stubborn. This tells me that she is just being stubborn, doesn't really believe Manaka likes Tsumugu, and is just looking for more excuses to not be honest with herself.

Manaka never once told Chisaki that she liked Tsumugu, so she's grasping for straws as far as I'm concerned.

She has a survivor's guilt complex. She's not rational. That's the issue. She is using excuses to be UNHAPPY because she feels guilty.
Mar 20, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
Tony777 said:
tingy said:

Yeah, could you please support this claim? Before the Ofunehiki event, there was not even the slightest hint that Chisaki had any feelings for Tsumugu. This was also the same for Tsumugu. Specific episodes and at its time point will do.

I have to agree with Tony777, where are specific instances where there was hinted feelings. I mean, it could be entirely possible Chisaki did harbor small feelings for Tsumugu but I don't remember hints. I just remember the Ofunehiki happening and Chisaki crying over Tsumugu and being totally like: "why did she react that way?" and was caught off guard.

The only major interaction I remember between them was when she was talking to Tsumugu by the sea and he said something -I don't remember- and she ran away and was mad. Or early on when she told Tsumugu to like stop making Manaka like him, something or other can't quite recall specifically.
Mar 20, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2009
PetitFours said:
Sayu became a lot more lovable after five years. And the way Kaname replied was all nice and intelligent. Loved this episode, except Chisaki's logic was weird. Still understandable, but weird.

Same logic as Hikari uses.
Mar 20, 2014 11:35 AM

Sep 2010
kisschuu said:
Tony777 said:
tingy said:

I have to agree with Tony777, where are specific instances where there was hinted feelings. I mean, it could be entirely possible Chisaki did harbor small feelings for Tsumugu but I don't remember hints. I just remember the Ofunehiki happening and Chisaki crying over Tsumugu and being totally like: "why did she react that way?" and was caught off guard.

The only major interaction I remember between them was when she was talking to Tsumugu by the sea and he said something -I don't remember- and she ran away and was mad. Or early on when she told Tsumugu to like stop making Manaka like him, something or other can't quite recall specifically.

Episode 2, episode 4, episode 5 (where she opened up to him), episode 9 (where Kaname started getting jealous), episode 12 and episode 13 (Where Chisaki ignored everyone except Tsumugu in the end).

She was ready to move on from Hikari and then the tragedy made her feel guilty.
Mar 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
All disappointment in Kaname is now dissolved. He handled Chisaki and Sayu very honestly and maturely this episode. Props to Sayu as well.

Ahh that nostalgia scene with Hikari saying she'll understand after the Ofunehiki and that he'll be waving the flag, too much.
Mar 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2010
Thess said:
Madara31 said:
Thess said:
Zeally said:

She has a survivor's guilt complex. She's not rational. That's the issue. She is using excuses to be UNHAPPY because she feels guilty.
That's certainly the issue. She has a survivor's guilt complex, but for no reason because what happened wasn't her fault. She can't feel guilty over something she had no control over. Which means she's being irrational for no reason, and that's why I just can't sympathize or feel sorry for her, at least not anymore.
Mar 20, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2009
@kisschuu: I find the whole Chisaki x Tsumugu thing completely unconvincing. They have no chemistry aside from kitchen reorganization and talking about the grandpa, and her "feelings" prior to Ofunehiki were so underrepresented that they may as well not have existed. IIRC, she spoke and argued with him in a handful of scenes, and brushed her arm against him, and that justified a relationship between the two? What did Tsumugu even think about her prior to the time skip? The animators pretty much just tell us they like each other without showing us why. It's aggravating that a whole show based on developing the relationships of a couple kids would turn out to be this poorly done.
Mar 20, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
Im really happy for Kaname.Since this show started he never had any luck with anything.Sayu is awesome.No idea why people would hate either of them.
About Chisaki and Tsumugu...people say its Chisaki's fault and shes annoying, i ask what the hell.Yes, , shes overexaggerating things a little bit, but shes not that machine witout flaws.She cant say ''Hi Tsumugu i love you too'' and kiss him.Its not as easy as it seems, she still thinks Manaka loves Tsumugu, and also theres 5 years thing, its not easy to let past go like its nothing.Im sure everything will be fine after she speaks with everyone or Hikari gets with Manaka (...even tho i want Hikari and Miuna, its impossible).Kaname was awesome in scene with Chisaki as well - ''Dont worry about my feelings, tell me everything about how you feel'' - thats not what every person can say to person he/she loves.

Also, already 5 pages of comments.This show sure became popular compared to when it began airing.
Mar 20, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
Madara31 said:
Thess said:
Madara31 said:
Thess said:
Zeally said:

That's certainly the issue. She has a survivor's guilt complex, but for no reason because what happened wasn't her fault. She can't feel guilty over something she had no control over. Which means she's being irrational for no reason, and that's why I just can't sympathize or feel sorry for her, at least not anymore.

Many people can suffer survivor's guilt without a sound reason (the reason itself is irrational). It doesn't matter if you had control of the situation or not.

Mar 20, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2013
I am quite surprised. Most people started to dislike Chisaki after this episode. I found her annoying in the previous episodes, but after this one I can´t blame her anymore.

Am I the only one who thinks that they can understand Chisaki better now? We finally got the answer why she said that she stilll likes Hikari. I think it wasn´t a suprise that she ran away. She´s still a child in her head which means that she also doesn't react like an adult. She has to accept that she's an adult now and she needs time to accept this. Change was always a problem for her. Also in the first cour there was always drama because she didn´t want to change anything.

But my highlight in this episode was Kaname. It was heartbreaking to see him talking to Chisaki while knowing that he's also suffering, but still giving advice to the girl he loves. I am so so so happy that HE started to MOVE ON (from Chisaki). I´m so happy that he talked about his feelings (being scared because he thought there was no one waiting for him on the surface).
After the time skip Sayu is definitely the best female character because out of all the female characters she's the one who can think the most rational.
I hope that it will work out for her and Kaname in the future ;)!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Mar 20, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2010
Madara31 said:

I get what you're saying, but survivor's guilt complex is exactly feeling guilty about things she had no control over. It's the description, it's a mental and emotional disorder of those who survive catastrophes and war, Chisaki fits it to a T. Now this was addressed, she'll get better. It's a good thing it's FINALLY clear what's wrong with her. Now she can recover and cope.
Mar 20, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
fanshii said:
I WAS SO SURPRISED WHEN SAYU HASN'T RUN OFF AFTER THE TRAIN PASSED I LOVE HER ;_;

Because Sayu isn't the type of girl (*coughs* Chisaki,Manaka) to run off because she's "scared". She's a real woman.
Mar 20, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
LiMaKuS said:

Would be funnier if it turns out Chisaki does not end up with Tsumugu. Man that's gonna piss a lot of shippers here and they're 100% sure she's gonna be with him.

That would probably piss people even more than when Mako didn't die in KlK despite the overwhelming "hints" and the number of people "predicting" it with 100% conviction.
Mar 20, 2014 11:47 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
kisschuu said:
Tony777 said:
tingy said:

Maybe hinted was the wrong word, but it could definitely have been inferred that Chisaki had some, as minor as it may be, feelings for Tsumugu before the timeskip. As you mentioned, the only obvious scene would be at the Ofunehiki when she saved Tsumugu, but it's not far-fetched at all to that Chisaki would end up liking Tsumugu if we look back at the first cour. People have already mentioned in other discussion threads that Chisaki and Tsumugu had a few interactions with each other. Chisaki was able to talk to Tsumugu about her problems more so than she did with her childhood friends, the first time being when she asked Tsumugu to be her sea slug, and then the other time by the sea. She had at least four one-one-one interactions (Thess gives you which episode) with Tsumugu prior to the timeskip that allowed her to warm up to him, and vice versa. I feel that these were very subtle hints that could just be brushed off as normal interactions, it's up to the viewer to believe whether or not they were really hints.
Mar 20, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
tingy said:

People have already mentioned in other discussion threads that Chisaki and Tsumugu had a few interactions with each other. Chisaki was able to talk to Tsumugu about her problems more so than she did with her childhood friends, the first time being when she asked Tsumugu to be her sea slug, and then the other time by the sea. She had at least four one-one-one interactions (Thess gives you which episode) with Tsumugu prior to the timeskip that allowed her to warm up to him, and vice versa.

Just because they have some kind of (talking) interaction does not mean either one developed feelings. Hell, your argument could be said for every idle conversation.

kisschuu said:

I just remember the Ofunehiki happening and Chisaki crying over Tsumugu and being totally like: "why did she react that way?" and was caught off guard.

After that episode, everyone thought the same thing. At least they should have.

Thess said:

Episode 2, episode 4, episode 5 (where she opened up to him), episode 9 (where Kaname started getting jealous), episode 12 and episode 13 (Where Chisaki ignored everyone except Tsumugu in the end).

She was ready to move on from Hikari and then the tragedy made her feel guilty.

I guarantee you are taking those scenes out of context in those episodes that you listed. I'll take a look again anyways.
ToilgameshMar 20, 2014 12:24 PM
Mar 20, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode,though only 2 more to go :(
Can't wait to see them :)
Mar 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2010
Someone's bitter now it's confirmed Chisaki doesn't love Hikari. ;)
Mar 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2010
Zeally said:
Many people can suffer survivor's guilt without a sound reason (the reason itself is irrational). It doesn't matter if you had control of the situation or not.
But to this extent? Chisaki is taking it completely out of context. She's not even a "survivor" because they didn't die. They're back but she's still acting this way. Even during the 5 years she knew they weren't dead, just hibernating. The only possible exception to that is Kaname. And I still don't see how she'd be betraying anyone from Shioshishio by loving Tsumugu. I now she'll (probably) eventually snap of it, but her stubbornness is beyond taxing at this point.
Madara31Mar 20, 2014 11:59 AM
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

186 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.