Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2009 1:03 PM

Jun 2007
I haven't found any subs after the first episode. I'd like to be able to finish it.

Aug 30, 2009 1:19 PM

Feb 2008
Then watch it raw. That's what I had to do.

Or wait forever for subs. It's up to you.
Aug 30, 2009 10:56 PM

Jun 2007
Why would I watch it raw when I don't understand more than a word here or there of Japanese?

Sep 5, 2009 6:06 PM

Aug 2006
I was just about to come in and ask this, too. So they haven't subbed past episode 1? How disappointing. :(
Sep 8, 2009 3:13 AM

Jan 2009
Just watch it raw.That's what i did.
I can understand some japanese words so i know a little what they're talking about.
"If people want to achieve time travel,they should just put Haruhi on a spaceship.She'd probably just ignore the theory of relativity." - Kyon
Sep 9, 2009 8:13 PM

Sep 2007
What's the point in watching something raw if they don't understand it? It would be like watching something without sound. Or looking at manga with no words.

As far as I know nothing past the first special has been subbed. The specials aren't that great anyways.

Sep 12, 2009 11:25 AM

Nov 2007
You don't need subs for short specials like these.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 19, 2009 6:45 AM

Jan 2009
http://shamisen-subs.com/

Seems like PhantomCaller is subbing the rest of specials soon.
Sep 19, 2009 10:29 PM

Sep 2007
I forgot about this anime. Lol.

Sep 19, 2009 11:09 PM

Oct 2008
To those that are complaining about why they would watch thsi special raw when they could be reading subtitles,.... well either A) learn how the art animation tells the story of the Toradora special or B) learn Japanese.

The former option I can do. Apparently Taiga and Minori are making fun of Ami's body fat and and spying on her secretly eating corned beef (I think). And I beleive Ami cannot take it anymore and decides to make them try the corned beef topped with .... mayo? Then comes the usual running gag in each special where they try the food, it's delicious and then Kitamura gives off his commentary.

.,..... Oh and also, I think some cat ate Inko-chan.
Sep 27, 2009 2:42 PM

Sep 2007
Hypeathon said:
To those that are complaining about why they would watch thsi special raw when they could be reading subtitles,.... well either A) learn how the art animation tells the story of the Toradora special or B) learn Japanese.

The former option I can do. Apparently Taiga and Minori are making fun of Ami's body fat and and spying on her secretly eating corned beef (I think). And I beleive Ami cannot take it anymore and decides to make them try the corned beef topped with .... mayo? Then comes the usual running gag in each special where they try the food, it's delicious and then Kitamura gives off his commentary.

.,..... Oh and also, I think some cat ate Inko-chan.

You don't think people have tried that before? Like we said. What you said just sounds boring. Anyone can look at it and guess what's happening but they still don't know what it's saying.

Sep 27, 2009 4:07 PM

Oct 2008
xanusuri said:
You don't think people have tried that before? Like we said. What you said just sounds boring. Anyone can look at it and guess what's happening but they still don't know what it's saying.

I'm sorry if that option is boring to you. But if that's the case, then why do you bother watching anime? That's the whole point of watching any animation, dialogue or not. The audience is suppose to at least be engaged in what the characters are doing if not what they're saying.

That's like saying you don't care at all about whatever drawing or animations appear and instead care about the colored words that appear on the bottom of the screen. I mean why not just read a book while while you're at it?
Oct 15, 2009 12:54 AM

Aug 2008
Hypeathon said:
I'm sorry if that option is boring to you. But if that's the case, then why do you bother watching anime? That's the whole point of watching any animation, dialogue or not. The audience is suppose to at least be engaged in what the characters are doing if not what they're saying.
...And you'd be completely correct, if this was a SILENT FILM. Since it's not, that means the the dialogue is ALSO important.

Hypeathon said:
That's like saying you don't care at all about whatever drawing or animations appear and instead care about the colored words that appear on the bottom of the screen. I mean why not just read a book while while you're at it?
The problem here seems to be that you don't accept/understand/realize that almost all modern "animation" is actually animation+sound. It's not the fact that there are colored words at the bottom of the screen, it's the meaning those words give to the otherwise incomprehensible vocals.
Oct 15, 2009 5:48 AM

Oct 2008
bbobjs said:
Hypeathon said:
...And you'd be completely correct, if this was a SILENT FILM. Since it's not, that means the the dialogue is ALSO important.

Hypeathon said:
The problem here seems to be that you don't accept/understand/realize that almost all modern "animation" is actually animation+sound. It's not the fact that there are colored words at the bottom of the screen, it's the meaning those words give to the otherwise incomprehensible vocals.

You make it sound as if I'm some sort of old fart or something who only loves Felix the Cat cartoons. Well first of all, check my profile for my age, that'll settle one thing.

Second don't treat me like a retard right when my family suffered 2 sudden deaths 2 weekends ago and attended 2 funerals this past weekend, one of which was my uncle's who was like a brother to me. So as much as I would like to make elongated rants right now, I'll get straight to the point. You and everyone else complaining about this have 2 and only 2 choices at this point.

Either A) Take better appreciation in studying the animation that defines the very anime medium you all know and love to understand what goes on in the Toradora short or B) Buy a book so you can learn Japanese and thus understand the Toradora short.

Pure and fucking simple. And if neither option appeals to you or anyone else, than shut your snack cake hole and don't watch the short. Got it? Beggars can't be choosers!
Oct 15, 2009 5:56 AM

Jul 2008
Hypeathon said:
bbobjs said:
Hypeathon said:

Hypeathon said:

You make it sound as if I'm some sort of old fart or something who only loves Felix the Cat cartoons. Well first of all, check my profile for my age, that'll settle one thing.

Second don't treat me like a retard right when my family suffered 2 sudden deaths 2 weekends ago and attended 2 funerals this past weekend, one of which was my uncle's who was like a brother to me. So as much as I would like to make elongated rants right now, I'll get straight to the point. You and everyone else complaining about this have 2 and only 2 choices at this point.

Either A) Take better appreciation in studying the animation that defines the very anime medium you all know and love to understand what goes on in the Toradora short or B) Buy a book so you can learn Japanese and thus understand the Toradora short.

Pure and fucking simple. And if neither option appeals to you or anyone else, than shut your snack cake hole and don't watch the short. Got it? Beggars can't be choosers!

Don't treat me like a retard when a piece of pear just dropped onto my keyboard so as much as I would like to make elongated rants right now, I'll get straight to the point.

If there is a dialogue then it's worth knowing the meaning of it, regardless of its relevance or impact. Furthermore, my penis is hueg.

P.s. I got the piece of pear out so everything's gonna be awwwright.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Oct 19, 2009 9:26 PM

Mar 2009
Wow rage where I least expected it

but yeah wtb english subs :)
Oct 20, 2009 9:10 PM

Sep 2007
There's always some knob who just wants to have an argument on the internet.

It's obvious that the thread creator wanted to watch the show with subs and half the people told that person to watch it raw even though they were asking for subs =/ Why bother coming to the thread just to be unhelpful on purpose?

Oct 20, 2009 9:16 PM

Oct 2008
xanusuri said:
There's always some knob who just wants to have an argument on the internet.

It's obvious that the thread creator wanted to watch the show with subs and half the people told that person to watch it raw even though they were asking for subs =/ Why bother coming to the thread just to be unhelpful on purpose?

Well, what do you honestly expect when they are virutally no recent Toradora SOS with subtitles on the internet, add in subtitles ourselves? I certainly can't do that! While it's may not seem like as how I initially typed, either learning Japanese Japanese or interpreting the animations through the animations are really the only 2 clear choices!

Unless you have any other good ideas then please, don't let me stop you from laying them on this thread.
Oct 29, 2009 10:20 AM

Aug 2008
Hypeathon said:
Did I ever even mention age? My only intention was to display your hypocrisy and yet from that you derive some sort of old man complex... perhaps your time would be better spent reflecting on this rather than ranting.

First off, you're trolling and secondly I don't care; furthermore, no one on the internet cares, nor will they ever care, nor do they have reason to care. The sooner you learn this the better off you'll be and the quicker you'll be able to ACTUALLY get straight to the point (seriously though 90's kids, learn to internet already, FFS).

Simply because you say there are only two choices doesn't mean there are only two. Off hand there is also:
C. Wait and whine about it on the internet until someone solves my problem for me out of pity. (what most of the people in this thread chose)
D. Wait and hope it gets licensed and included in the extras.
E. Go to your nearest college, find an Asian and get him to tell you what it said in exchange for doing his English homework. (what most people in this thread should do)
Oct 30, 2009 7:41 PM

Oct 2008
bbobjs said:
hypeathon said:
Simply because you say there are only two choices doesn't mean there are only two. Off hand there is also:
C. Wait and whine about it on the internet until someone solves my problem for me out of pity. (what most of the people in this thread chose)
D. Wait and hope it gets licensed and included in the extras.
E. Go to your nearest college, find an Asian and get him to tell you what it said in exchange for doing his English homework. (what most people in this thread should do)

- lol Well guess what, since you say nobody on the internet cares about my recent family loss, then no one should care about anyone complaining over a anime short that doesn't progress the plot of the main story. Hey complain away if you like, but be prepared if nobody gives a shit.
- That's......... actually not a bad idea. The only flaw is that considering how niche of a title Toradora is (or how niche most 13-26 episode shows are nowadays), chances are it may take a while before arriving in the states. Not to mention whether or not the company that licneses it chooses to add the SOS shorts.
- Yeah if ya want the asian to kick your ass for making the english homework you did, seem more mediocre than usual depending on what your grade point average.

Well ultimately, I already found my methods, I'm satisfied with them, and thus I'm satisfied with watching the Toradora shorts, thanks to my methods.
Nov 20, 2009 3:02 AM
Dec 2008
WTB better community;

Anyway watched 2-4ep RAW. There isn't any point of making subs for the specials , since they are short and there's no story at all.

Also even if person doesn't know Japanese it's easy to figure it out what the episodes represent.

Dec 7, 2009 4:52 PM
Feb 2009
There's also another solution. It's easier to learn Spanish than Japanese, so you could do that and watch the Spanish subs. Personally, I've watched anime for long enough and I'm Asian, so I caught on to the language more or less. But I also took Spanish for years, so I can resort to that too.
Dec 13, 2009 7:08 AM

Apr 2008
I've done a bit of QCing for a sub group and I'm going to see if I can convince them to do the last 3 shorts. It's a bit of a long shot, but wish me luck ;)
Dec 19, 2009 11:21 PM

Aug 2008
People who tell others that they should go "learn Japanese" if they don't like raws are just so moronic. There are literally millions of fans of anime who don't speak Japanese and it's a legitimate request to see if anyone knows where they can enjoy subbed versions.

Freaking egomaniacs.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 20, 2009 6:37 PM

Jul 2009
ddrcrono said:
I've done a bit of QCing for a sub group and I'm going to see if I can convince them to do the last 3 shorts. It's a bit of a long shot, but wish me luck ;)

Good luck. Gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo.

mcjazzman32 said:
People who tell others that they should go "learn Japanese" if they don't like raws are just so moronic. There are literally millions of fans of anime who don't speak Japanese and it's a legitimate request to see if anyone knows where they can enjoy subbed versions.

Freaking egomaniacs.
+1.
Dec 20, 2009 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
mcjazzman32 said:

Freaking egomaniacs.

And it isn't ridiculous for fans to complain about something not being subbed when they don't bother to be proactive about it? Yes, Japanese isn't at all an easy language and if you don't want to learn it, that's fine. But if you want to understand the dialogue in the Toradora shorts and yet no one has made subtitles for them as of yet, then how else do you expect to understand the shorts?

You could wait for someone to sub them if you like, but what if you don't want to wait for who knows how long before someone feels like it? Thus you try other methods in the time being. It's a legitimate request to ask where to find the subs, but not so much so if you're taking sub groups for granted when they may not be available and refuse to try any other methods.
Jan 3, 2010 5:37 AM

Apr 2008
awindslowly said:
ddrcrono said:

Good luck. Gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo.

Unfortunately, it turns out that she is A) No longer subbing and B) Hates Toradora. Sorry :\
Jan 5, 2010 10:03 PM

Aug 2008
Hypeathon said:
mcjazzman32 said:

Freaking egomaniacs.

And it isn't ridiculous for fans to complain about something not being subbed when they don't bother to be proactive about it? Yes, Japanese isn't at all an easy language and if you don't want to learn it, that's fine. But if you want to understand the dialogue in the Toradora shorts and yet no one has made subtitles for them as of yet, then how else do you expect to understand the shorts?

You could wait for someone to sub them if you like, but what if you don't want to wait for who knows how long before someone feels like it? Thus you try other methods in the time being. It's a legitimate request to ask where to find the subs, but not so much so if you're taking sub groups for granted when they may not be available and refuse to try any other methods.

the response of a true douche. There's just no other way of putting it.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 6, 2010 6:31 AM
Feb 2009
But the fact of the matter is that he's right. You can bitch and whine about there being no subs, but what are you going to do about it? There's nothing wrong with asking for something to be subbed or whether or not it has been subbed yet. But remember that these subbers are doing this on their free time and need to prioritize what they waste their time on; while you're sitting around jacking off, waiting for the shorts to appear out of thin air, they're dedicating time they could be spending with their friends, actually getting good grades (rare amongst fansub members), and having a life, subbing anime for you. So right now, your only solutions are:

1. Wait until someone gets up and does it.
2. Learn Japanese.
3. Just watch the raw for the sake of watching it without understanding everything.

Right now, you're doing #1, but I think I should warn you in advance. Having watched the raws, the shorts are cute, but they're really nothing that great. And the level of Japanese required to understand what's going on is really low. I honestly don't think anyone's going to waste their time subbing it because there are so many other things that are more worthwhile. Honestly, number 3 is your best choice, but apparently that's impossible because you guys turn off your ears when you watch anime and "CURRRY1!!" is something that needs to be translated. Number 2 is always an option, but apparently anyone who suggests that is a complete douchebag. It's funny how the pickiest people end up being the ones that need others to do everything for them. Just for the record, I'm not Japanese and haven't taken a single class of the language and was able to understand the shorts.

Edit: I retract my statement. I understood pretty much everything apart from glasses-kun.
Jan 15, 2010 10:16 PM

Apr 2008
mrjpark said:
There's also another solution. It's easier to learn Spanish than Japanese, so you could do that and watch the Spanish subs. Personally, I've watched anime for long enough and I'm Asian, so I caught on to the language more or less. But I also took Spanish for years, so I can resort to that too.

Where did you find them spanish subbed? The episodes could be translated to english easily.
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Mar 9, 2010 9:13 PM

Feb 2009
so, yeah... it's all subbed in english now.

http://www.hiyono.net/fansubs/2010/03/09/toradora-sos/
Mar 19, 2010 4:43 AM

Aug 2009
Is there soft subs?
Mar 25, 2010 8:26 PM

May 2009
I watch too much anime, read too many subs.

So I practically understand what they're saying.
Apr 14, 2010 4:12 PM

Jun 2009
one of my friends found all four episodes subbed by hiyono, so i guess it's done being subbed
Apr 23, 2010 6:21 PM
Mar 2010
Has anyone found it streaming? If so, I'd love to have the link...
Mar 6, 2011 11:04 AM

Dec 2010
refinder said:
so, yeah... it's all subbed in english now.

http://www.hiyono.net/fansubs/2010/03/09/toradora-sos/

Thanks refinder and thanks to all subbers :) I loved Toradora! so much (finished the series today :`( ) so after all the posts dealing with bickering, thanks for your helpful post!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora SOS! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

feeq - Sep 1, 2009

59 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Dec 15, 2023 1:28 PM

Poll: » Toradora SOS! Episode 3 Discussion

Inukko - Jul 5, 2009

34 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Toradora SOS! Episode 2 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 26, 2009

35 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Toradora SOS! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lzumi-chan - Mar 9, 2009

53 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:31 PM

» SOS! Where can I watch this?!

NotTaiga7 - Sep 29, 2021

6 by NotTaiga7 »»
Sep 30, 2021 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.