Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2009 12:57 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was pleasantly surprised by this series. I didn't expect much, but ended up really liking it. Story, characters, art and music, all ranging from nice and moody (music; Toccata by Bach for a wedding, how gloomy can you get (-: ) to outright twisted (story and characters). Loved it! :D
Sep 1, 2009 8:26 AM

Oct 2008
Yes I like the ending and from the beginning always wish that all the rich persons from the club just died
Sep 28, 2009 11:15 PM

Aug 2009
Love this anime it's my favorite hands down!

Jun 12, 2010 5:20 AM

May 2008
The end was quite good. I was really surprised that Ginza went with Ryougoku sensei, it was good to see. Also Kagura's arrival was really nice and beautiful~
This show was full of up and downs, but still it's really a memorable experience with the characters and the story, so maybe I'll go with a 7/10~~
Dec 2, 2010 1:26 PM

Aug 2009
That was an adorable ending! Pity he went blind in the end... Now that's Kagura is in her 20s I wonder if they will get together or not.. Seems pretty acceptable.
Dec 5, 2010 2:01 AM
Feb 2008
Zepwich said:
Now that's Kagura is in her 20s I wonder if they will get together or not.. Seems pretty acceptable.

She hasn't come just to say hi, you know...

This show shouldn't have ever touched the concepts of morale and/or humanity. Once it did, it went downhill but thankfully the plot managed to create enough suspense to the end.
Dec 18, 2010 12:43 PM

Feb 2010
Damn, what a lovely ending to finish off a superb series!
Jan 15, 2011 8:22 PM
Jul 2010
Anyone else think that that last fight was rather anti-climactic? I mean, for every other fight, Saiga has pulled off something really awesome to defeat them. I was expecting something like after his eye exploded, Suitengu would go off to kill Kagura while giving Saiga some parting words. Saiga says that he won't let him do it, and Suitengu remarks "And just how do you plan to stop me? You can't even see." And Saiga responds with "I don't need to see. I just have to follow the music!" He holds the camera to his other eye, blind but otherwise still functioning, and aims it in the direction of the music box that Suitengu is carrying. He gives an epic 'oh shit' face just before he ignites, and Saiga's other eye blows out as well. There's an ending right there. And then it turns out the other guys on the ground were actually doing something and come out of nowhere with a police helicopter. The nose dude activates the fan of death, and everything else stays the same.
Feb 21, 2011 1:44 PM

Dec 2009
I'd have to rate this anime somewhere in my top 20; comfortably so, at that. The elements that drew me to the anime from the first episode kept me going throughout the series until its end. I think they did a very decent job on this one!
Apr 23, 2011 5:12 AM

Mar 2011
EPIC
May 1, 2011 5:09 PM

Mar 2009
Nice ending. The series certainly had its ups and downs, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

8/10 for me.
May 28, 2011 11:07 PM

Jul 2009

you will always be remembered Suitengu. anyone here thought he looks like sephiroth from FFVII? i mean same hair style, red wings instead of black, voice and coolness :P

Saiga confessing to Kagura? hmm im really confuse; since he says he wanted to show her what freedom is and wants to keep her promise at the same time he loves her? there were instances where he just want to take a picture of her and also said to bob that this is no love, he just wanted her to live in the fullest. so yeah really surprised about this.

poor ginza, hearing Saiga confessing and seeing them both hugging each other :(

lol Ginji became a boss, never knew the red girls name :

glad he plans on making the 3 buildings for Makabe, Tsujido, and Suitengu ^^

lol Bob's friends :P

ohh shiina became a photographer huh? :P

Saiga's blind now :(

ohh bob you :P

Doctor Ryougoku and Ginza?? whaat?!?! at least she has someone that cares about her, unlike some photographer here :P

Kagura is all grown up now, she is now legal :P

aww Saiga and Kagura finally together after 5 years :P

Uncandescent said:
Anyone else think that that last fight was rather anti-climactic? I mean, for every other fight, Saiga has pulled off something really awesome to defeat them. I was expecting something like after his eye exploded, Suitengu would go off to kill Kagura while giving Saiga some parting words. Saiga says that he won't let him do it, and Suitengu remarks "And just how do you plan to stop me? You can't even see." And Saiga responds with "I don't need to see. I just have to follow the music!" He holds the camera to his other eye, blind but otherwise still functioning, and aims it in the direction of the music box that Suitengu is carrying. He gives an epic 'oh shit' face just before he ignites, and Saiga's other eye blows out as well. There's an ending right there. And then it turns out the other guys on the ground were actually doing something and come out of nowhere with a police helicopter. The nose dude activates the fan of death, and everything else stays the same.

i think the final battle was meant for the reunion. sure your idea would have been good but i kinda like how Saiga was blind and was hearing the same music box from Yui. brings back their memories from the war, but im confuse why Suitengu didn't say anything, he just rescued him and never said a word :

poor Suitengu, killing her sister just to end her suffering :(

overall love the series, there are things that were lacking though :\

first the enemies get's introduce then get's killed in the next minute. i mean they should have at least put up a fight(some of them were good kills but i want more) this is also the problem with Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini. multiple enemies get's introduce, then disappears the next minute. at least 1st season has a good amount of enemies and the pacing and action was non-stop :P

so yeah i kinda wish this was 50 episode anime so they could develop the enemies more, add more action scenes and battles and make more background about Kagura's father.

the sex scenes were good, and lol at these filths. i wonder if such club exist in the real world? :D

love how Suitengu's character was develop. i mean i thought he was another power hungry user who wants to take over japan but i guess this was revenge for the people that sold him and Yui. feel sorry for you :(

love the artwork, sure this episode had some weird animation but it was good nonetheless. Yusuke Kozaki art is amazing, one of the reason i watched this show is because of No More Heroes :P

soo yeah if you want to see more of his art go to these :P

http://kymg.net/

http://parkablogs.com/node/3772

amazing huh?

9/10 ^^
SomaHeirMay 28, 2011 11:17 PM
Jul 14, 2011 7:55 PM
Apr 2009
This anime was great. I really loved it.
Sep 25, 2011 1:09 PM

Aug 2011
Ginza shoulda kept going along with Saiga

or at least Saiga shoulda said something to Ginza
Dec 20, 2011 9:57 PM

Mar 2011
Overall I thought it was a "meh" end to the series, which on the whole I actually quite enjoyed. Suitenguu's development as a character was pretty nice, I was glad to see that he wasn't just a cardboard cut-out "I want to take over the world" bad guy. If anything he was actually trying to help out Japan. Wish they would've explained his powers more though.

Finally, how come Saiga was the only one whose powers caused detrimental effects? All the other people morphed and mutated all they wanted with no problems but because Saiga took too many photos he ended up blind? I call bullshit. Bittersweet ending as he can't see anymore but he can still take pictures and ended up together with Kagura.

I thought this was a really good series, don't understand why more people don't like/watch it...
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Mar 2, 2012 5:11 PM

Aug 2008
ok show just too many ugly chars and transformations.
Nov 20, 2012 8:12 PM

Oct 2012
I must be getting too old for this crap. That being said this was probably the 2nd best episode of the series.
Jul 29, 2013 11:05 AM

Dec 2010
Really cool show. I was skeptical of the whole camera weapon angle going in. But the characters, and especially some of the music made this anime really enjoyable.

That first scene with the animation and music really set the vibe for the show. If they could have captured it more consistently throughout the series, it woulda been even better.

Things like the she-males had no place in this anime. I get that they were some kind of comic relief, but in a show so gritty, that's not what I came for. But if I was to pick and needle every anime I watch I certainly wouldn't enjoy many. Overall enjoyment was 9/10.
Dec 15, 2013 12:15 AM

Mar 2012
It started out ok, and progressed decently enough, but became immensely repetitive, specifically with each new bad guy introduced, Saiga gets in trouble, Kagura is in danger, basically repeats itself every 3 episodes. It wasn't until the plot expanded beyond this bland routine and Suitengu's purpose was revealed did it become interesting, but I was already bored by this time and just wanted to finish this show off. It's a shame...had potential 6/10 for me

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 18, 2014 6:31 PM

May 2012
That ending made me cry! Really I must say I totally enjoyed this whole anime from start to end it was pure awesomeness with fantastic development in both character and story combined with a nice level of action and backstory and finishing with this awesome ending! I really regret waiting so long to actually watch this but man I sure loved marathoning this anime today! 9/10
Jun 17, 2014 7:41 AM

May 2014
It was a nice ride. Got really infuriated with how Kagura was abused at some points, especially the dentist "sharpening" her tooth. I was really hoping that Ginza and Saiga would get it on in the end, but fuqu Kagura.
7/10
Jun 26, 2014 6:16 PM

Aug 2011
Finally... it's over!
Jul 3, 2014 11:38 PM

May 2011
Great series. Sure doesn't deserve the marks it has. This show needs more love. For a 2005 series, the graphics and animation are acceptable, albeit flimsy at times; the plot driven in the correct direction with minimum digression, and commendable character development. Plot development and pace was great, and the characters to me are likable. But the best part; the greatest forte underlies in the overall theme and nuances in Speed Grapher. Always remember: Money may be the root of all evil, and money may not be able to bring happiness. However, when used correctly, money saves lives, and bring peace. True evil does not lie in the concrete value of money by itself, it lies in our hidden monster. Each and every of us has a monster. It is up to us to control and subdue, or let it rampage. Speed Grapher: 9/10.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jul 10, 2014 10:22 PM

Jan 2012
It is kinda like a bunch of anime that I have seen recently. Omg, the beginning was great. For the first 5 episodes it was epic. Then they played soccer with that chick for a few episodes, "No its my ball!".. "No, Its my BALL!!" Passing her back and forth until the end of the series. The next part was that the mini villains didn't make sense.. had no development and were forgettable. What the hell is with all the characters? Every single one of them were perverted! They all wanted to rape that one girl the whole series! Is there a single episodes where someone isn't trying to sexually harass that girl? Even Saga is shown to want to do that... though he doesn't act on it because he can't without a cama... What am I even talking about? I hated or was bored by all the characters. The plot and ending made no sense. ... There were huge plot holes and fibeiwrfbiwebnfjnafhnakfljalkf. A lot of the scenes were disjointed... it like ok were here and then it just abruptly jumps to other scenes that seem to have no logical progress while leaving the previous scene feeling unfinished. I still don't get why Saga lost his powers so quickly. By all rights, he had his powers for a few weeks tops, while all of the other characters seem to have had their powers for much long. If the degeneration thing happens to all of the characters at the same rate... then why is it Saga that loses his powers so quickly? By all rights, he should have lost his power last. Also, he shouldn't have just become blind... with the way that it was described... his eye should have fallen out. Why did they make us sypothize with the Main Villian? He thought that crashing Japan's economy (likely the worlds) would have saved all the regular people? Well, no, that's not how it works. The people on top don't get punished by the law for messing the economy up, and they just end up being bailed out... Then in the mean time, all the average not rich people suffer, lose their jobs, lose their benifits, and lose their homes. Yeah, that is what happened. Its messed up... I honestly I couldn't see an anime with that ending being created today. That's all I have to say about that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2014 8:38 PM

Sep 2013
Well its over.

Kagura sure didnt looked like a 20-year-old.

Ginza and Ryougoku? lol rebound.

I dont really know why Kagura waited five years to come back.

I liked the show though some parts annoyed me quite a bit. Like the repetitive use of the pattern: Introduce the fat and old villain->Show him killing women->Show his weird fetish->A short battle with Saiga->And die. The other thing that annoyed is that they try too much to be mature by adding sexual themes. Overall, its wasnt bad but I didnt think it was that good either. 7/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Dec 16, 2014 10:37 AM

Mar 2012
I actually enjoyed this series. To be honest i found this series because of someone actually making a bad review about it haha but instead i was captured b it and decided to watch it and i enjoyed it right to the end :)

I am definitely buying the DVD set, hope there would be a blu ray release in the future.
Jan 19, 2015 8:22 PM
Sep 2014
I cant say i enjoyed it too much.
It has ok story, but characters are just too cliche. I was annoyed by almost every single villain.
Suitengu power is using way too much than he has in his body. I also get annoyed alot when they tranform into something with alot bigger mass than they have. The sound PM created while he was eating, pfff, annoying. And lets not forget pedophilia. Ending was fine, nothing we didnt seen before and after this show. I probably missed it, i dont understand why did he lose sight?
Mar 14, 2015 4:18 PM

Apr 2014
beautiful 10
Jul 23, 2015 3:31 PM

Jan 2014
Ginza MVP
Suitengu Bro/Aniki

Honestly didn't expect it to end this way. Always expected Kagura to move on, as foretold, with Saiga either resting in peace, or with Ginza looking after him. On the other hand, I half expected Ginza to die too. Also, I always thought that Saiga's love for Kagura would be reveiled as being more like that of a father or brother (making him even more akin to Suitengu).

Wasn't surprised in a bad way though. Very satisfactory ending.

NeosVigilante said:
Ginza shoulda kept going along with Saiga

or at least Saiga shoulda said something to Ginza

He did. Remember he told her he had no right to ask her anything, but still did because he had no one else to ask? That was acknowledgement, and the best he could ever say to her, given that he simply did not love her.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 6, 2016 5:57 AM

Jan 2008
Just your average anime, nothing memorable, bland characters, illogical behaviour, sloppy animation.
I would say that 1-2 plot twists made it watchable, but man I really had to force myself to finish an episode.
6/10
May 17, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2015
Suitengu went out with a big show!

The finale didn't disappoint me, sure I am deeply against this "relationship" and saw the dynamic until now as a filial one: protective desire/need of a goal on Saiga's side while Kagura was after many sad years to enjoy life thanks to him
Plus she got to experience some nice time in a foreign land with a man and a woman who took care of her and were'nt abusive.

4/5

It was a good mix of little and larger stories with effective conclusions. The characters were mostly appealing, the original art too. Background musics were all well chosen: both the discret or the remarkable ones were effective suports.

7.5/10
Rei_IIIMay 17, 2016 6:42 AM
Jun 13, 2016 5:03 PM
Feb 2013
Great show, really underrated.
Jul 15, 2016 7:51 PM

Mar 2016
This is the first series where I can completely agree with every motive of the antagonist. Suitengu knew there was no way to save the country. Everyone who died in the club would not have changed their ways, and even a lot of innocent people living in this country have been influenced to live in greed. Ginza even said it herself, "I'm no different from the rest of this damn country" and it took her almost being killed to realize she should change.
I think it was necessary to force the country into bankrupt. The problem from the very beginning of the series was the enormous gap between rich and poor, and bankruptcy forced everyone to live in the same financial situation.
Suitengu is the real hero here, and he died in the rubble with the enemy. At least he could bury all that revenge and hatred and sadness with him. God it breaks my fucking heart.
Jun 2, 2017 6:28 AM

Nov 2008
This was one of those shows that leaves an unforgettable memory. When Suitengu killed his sister I found myself trembling.
Mar 8, 2020 7:43 AM

Dec 2015
Mean score only 7.38 here, very underrated show.
Mar 9, 2021 8:28 PM
Apr 2014
solid 6, as others have said why was Saiga's power the only one that caused perma damage? was a bit too formulaic at points too. no nose and his goonies felt like team rocket at points.
Jun 18, 2021 3:50 PM

Jun 2019
My 118th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Aug 28, 2021 10:32 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Better and more screwed up than I expected, is a pretty nice way to summarize my feeling towards the show. We get to see different facets of a corrupt country, meet some very debatably "good" characters and some very horrible ones. We can also enjoy the fitting and catchy yet not annoying soundtrack and invest ourselves in the story of this ex war photographer with a very particular superpower.

The concept and the way it was executed I believed were acceptable enough. There were a couple of inconsistencies regarding the characters' motivations and many of the fights felt like they ended too abruptly. More so, the animation for today's standard can be quite a detriment for newcomers, though it's good enough to tell what's going on on screen.

All in all, I'll probably go now and listen to the soundtrack again (which doesn't include Girls on a film as I've come to realize).
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 18, 2021 7:36 AM

May 2020
This was actually pretty enjoyable overall. Its not perfect, far from it but there are some very commendable things about this anime (Its story, the characters, the way the story progresses), all of which, while not reaching great heights of quality, make me appreciate it more, especially compared to some of the crap I've watched recently.
Mar 23, 2022 4:23 PM

Feb 2022
Not a bad little series overall. I found it eminently watchable, if a little formulaic and predictable at times.
I quite enjoyed the Suitengu backstory and ending up having a lot of sympathy for his character. Anyone who can bankrupt a nation and kill all its politicians is alright in my book!

7/10
Apr 8, 2022 5:51 PM
Jul 2020
Made me sad. Sad mostly because this incredible show is finished.
Oct 9, 2022 6:33 AM

Jul 2020
Numerous questions left unanswered, too bad they decided to make several episodes with random plot-irrelevant villains losing to a super-hero, like some batman&robin cartoon, instead of actually explaining things
The first half of the show was much, much better than the second one
And the ending is meh
Oct 29, 2022 5:31 PM
May 2015
The animation for this series really was all over the place. I'm still not entirely clear on Ginza and Saiga's past - Were they ever actually together or was this just Ginza's projection? I opt for the latter... Weird how they show her raping Saiga while he was unconscious in episode 11 and then they just never bring it up again...
Mar 3, 2023 10:57 PM
Aug 2015
Now we know the real cause of the 2008 financial crisis 
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2023 3:23 PM
Feb 2019
IDK what to say but... 7/10 overall honestly
Aug 20, 2023 10:26 PM

Jun 2021
UFFFFF FINALLY, SPEED GRAPHER COMPLETED.
I still can't belive how i remembered this anime and watched it, i discovered it in a watchmojo video about the most weird anime, in wich appeared FLCL and bobobob-whatever, but i forgot that and these days i remembered this and i thought that will have frenetic super cool action with tremedous animation madhouse style and the most brutal gore level HOTD, my expectatives were really high, but now that i watched it, i confirm: i had too much expectations, this anime was not the anime that i expected. The bad guys and ginza were fucking insane, everyone needed to be in a mental hospital, and the poweres based on his darkest desires like, if my darkest desire were tentacle hentai, with the euphoria factor i can transform into a super giant alien kraken? what the fuck bro, it's fucking werid hahahaha. Suitengu's  is a GIGACHAD, his style, his benjamin cigarettes, his cool elegant pleated hairstyle, his cold calculating attitude, his dark past, his edgy motivations, his bloody transformation, this motherfucker of motherfuckers must be in a KOF, Sonic or a Final Fantasy game as final boss i'm saying it seriously. And saiga, good protagonist, really relatable, he reminds me of satou-kun of NHK and his photography passion it's like me with my desire of drawing everything i imagine or watch irl and seems forme cool. Probably speed grapher for me it's a "meh" despite his interesting politicakl plot and his message about the love for the money and the modern hyperconsumism society, but i don't worry about that...i try to learn something for every anime i watch. Well, let's rest ('''v ''')
P.D: THE MUSIC IS GOLD, I'LL SEARCH THE OST ('w')
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Apr 27, 12:11 AM
Sep 2022
a bittersweet ending, as a photographer myself I do quite like this series and it did have an amazing set up but I dont know if it executed it correctly. The ending leaving me feeling meh about the second half of the series despite such great setting and mystery. personally ill leave this one with a 6/10, cool idea bad follow through with a 24 episode anime, it really would have benefitted by being 12 episodes. The english manga is getting a translation and release this month so ill be interested to compare the 2.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Speed Grapher Episode 22 Discussion

Zepwich - Dec 1, 2010

17 by Chufal »»
Apr 26, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Speed Grapher Episode 19 Discussion

Kylearan - Apr 30, 2011

8 by Chufal »»
Apr 26, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Speed Grapher Episode 18 Discussion

Yanoflies - Dec 13, 2010

6 by Chufal »»
Apr 26, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Speed Grapher Episode 17 Discussion

Zepwich - Nov 27, 2010

14 by Chufal »»
Apr 26, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Speed Grapher Episode 16 Discussion

Zepwich - Nov 27, 2010

15 by Chufal »»
Apr 26, 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.