Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 24, 2009 1:41 PM

Sep 2008
KYAAAAA <fangirl orgasm, fangirl punch, fangirl beam, fangirl kick, fangirl SHAT> !!! EVERYBODY LOVES MOE SH... SHTUFFS, don't they?

of course they do :D
seriously, ive got nothing against Maria is that such a big problem ?

oh, and btw. a like psycho weirdo too

Also, about the ending in the last episode, and the beginning of this one, I wonder what Canaan'll do about her colors o.o

i wonder if its a temporary loss because she overdid it or not. I hope it is...
Aug 24, 2009 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
But... what's going on with Alphard emptying a clip into a mosquito on her map? Other than the fact it was -wicked-!

At first I thought she was just exhibiting her sister's craziness, but she seems entirely calm. Is her reaction meant symbolically? Like... the 'mosquito' is an annoyance in Her Plan and she just figured out a way to deal with it? And 'too much ventilation' = a hole in Her Plan?
Aug 24, 2009 2:46 PM
Jul 2009
Weird, I wonder why Canaan can't see colors anymore, Guess we'll find out soon.
Aug 24, 2009 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
- Mino and Santana's car song was unexpected, but hilarious.
- I feel sorry for Hakko and her child who was killed by her powers. Seems like she blames Canaan for all what happened, despite Santana being the one who wiped her village.
- Alphard is still making her move. Wonder what she'll have in store next.
- Surprising appearance from YunYun. Should be fun to see her back.
Aug 24, 2009 3:03 PM

Jan 2009
I don't think that was her child though, hakko's a virgin. she Is.

where's liang qi though ;\?
Aug 24, 2009 4:48 PM

Sep 2008

how do you know? XD

but yeah that kid was random
Aug 24, 2009 4:52 PM

Jul 2009
Spookt said:
But... what's going on with Alphard emptying a clip into a mosquito on her map? Other than the fact it was -wicked-!

She just started to miss her beloved sister who abandonned her last ep. Now we can deduct that Alphard was a hardcore Tsundere without the twin tails & "iron board".

And by the end of this show, we can hope for an Alphard & Liang Qi scene running at each other on the beach while shouting: "Liang!!!!", "Onee-sama!!!", "Liang!!!", "Onee-sama!!!" ...

alcurad said:

where's liang qi though ;?

Sorry man, but the way Santana keep boasting, there's a fairly high chance that he was the one who deflowered her, not that I mind though ;)

@"liang qi", it's "GODDESS Liang Qi"!!! but oh well, not everybody was HG for her like me so... err, she was in your room, watching you while your watching her?
BitchMasterAug 24, 2009 4:58 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 24, 2009 4:53 PM

Feb 2009
Spookt said:

Maybe she's afraid to contract some disease carried by the bug. Can't be too careful. :P More seriously I wonder what she meant by doing that. The annoyance can't be Canaan or Maria since they're part of Alphard's holy masterplan.

alcurad said:
hakko's a virgin. she Is.

What? So that Santana guy never did it despite all the opportunities? What a looser then. xD

BitchMaster said:
PFFF, that's why AMATEURS ARE ALWAYS AMATEURS, Belum_Nabum just played along with his joke and end up dragging Sir Alexstratz and Sir ErwinJA along with him, that's how a PRO does things.

Actually the joke was so easy that it wasn't worth mentioning. :)
AlexstratzAug 24, 2009 4:57 PM
Aug 24, 2009 4:54 PM

Apr 2008
alcurad said:

lolwat
Aug 24, 2009 5:35 PM

Feb 2009
poor Hakko, if she talk too mush she can blew up your head; but still that's some power. As for Maria and Canaan I am so not into yuri.
Aug 24, 2009 8:01 PM

Aug 2008
Hmmmmm..... The episode was full of new.... but also old stuff we already knew of... First of all the clear proof that the poor HAkko can kill anyone with her supersonic, ear-blowing, balance destruction voice.... Just as DeathFire said... We already knew she could do that when she talked to Mino....

Then Canaan being all alone, obviously without taking Maria seriously, in this mess. It's obvious Maria and Canaan have a thing for each other... They clearly love each other... And the reversal of their relationship could be fun.... Helpless Canaan... Nice.... I still wonder which is Maria's special ability due to the UA Virus.... How come she didn't got reinfeced... Just as happened to Canaan... My theory is that more than she over using her synesthesia, she was reinffected or harmed by a reintroduction of the Virus to her body, rendering her ability useless.... Thus making her the apparent weakling she's right now... YAY for the Yuri Goodness XD

Lol at the trip... two facts and a third thing that should have had been done if they planned for such a loooooong trip.... Finding YUnYUn in the middle of the desert? WTFFF!!! She should be selling the manjus somewhere else!! XD Oh noeees... dun let Mino pair up with Santana again please!!! They sing awfully... that made me immediately think... Heck why they didn't brought the Crazy Chinese Taxi Driver in their place to sing and drive HIGH TENSION STYLE!!! XD Heck that Driver is super awesome... He need lots of love!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2009 10:00 PM

Jun 2009
BitchMaster said:
And by the end of this show, we can hope for an Alphard & Liang Qi scene running at each other on the beach while shouting: "Liang!!!!", "Onee-sama!!!", "Liang!!!", "Onee-sama!!!" ...

Ohh you bloody tease you.

Alexstratz said:
The annoyance can't be Canaan or Maria since they're part of Alphard's holy masterplan.

Hmm. So Alphard needs -everyone- for the Holy Plan, huh?

rebwaters said:
Oh noeees... dun let Mino pair up with Santana again please!!! They sing awfully... that made me immediately think... Heck why they didn't brought the Crazy Chinese Taxi Driver in their place to sing and drive HIGH TENSION STYLE!!! XD Heck that Driver is super awesome... He need lots of love!

Well it comes comes together then! Picture the beach scene: Liang Qi and Alphard lovingly embrace, Canaan and Maria do the same. Mino and Santana seranade the happy couples and then -BAM!- the Taxi Driver drives up to sing the song's climax. fin. Roll credits.

You know I'm right.
Aug 25, 2009 3:01 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
Wasabi said:
So Maria indirectly declares her love to Canaan and Hakko can kill people with her voice. Lolzwut? I wonder what's up with Hakko's beef with Canaan.

I thought she was jealous of Maria x Canaan at first (lulz), then I remembered it was YunYun that Hakko was friendly with.

alcurad said:

Only plausable theory for this statement: anyone who has attempted to take it has ended up with his head exploding.
/pervy
Aug 25, 2009 11:05 AM
Jan 2008
Nice ep, much talk, very little action, but there are still a lot of things that are unclear. IMO they still need to show a lot in 5 ep's, but I guess it could be done. Only hopes it isn't a 'blurry' end, it deserves, like any show btw, a nice ending.

O yeah, the ending was funny and I don't need to say anything about 'driver-san'. He is just awesome.
Aug 25, 2009 2:17 PM

Jan 2009
hakko is very cute.
Aug 25, 2009 2:29 PM
Jun 2008

Listen to Sebastian and kiss the girl already, God damn it!!
Aug 25, 2009 6:38 PM
Mar 2009
You know I'm not shocked the U.S. would be in league with the snakes.The war on Terror is serious business.

As for Canaan losing her ability to see colors it must be really like going blind, since it practically allowed her to peer into everyone's emotional and mental state.
Now she's left very vulnerable unable read people intentions.
Aug 26, 2009 9:44 AM

Jul 2008
A interesting episode but the yuri crap bothered me big time
Aug 26, 2009 5:38 PM

Feb 2009
Yeah. I understand close friendships, but they are going a little off with it lol.

I'm kind of losing interest in the show. It isn't one of the series I anticipate the next episode. I like it and everything, it's just lacking something that I'm not sure what it is.

Hope Canaan can see colors again though. Am I the only one who feels Siam is still alive?

>.>
<.<
o genki desu ka
Aug 27, 2009 2:20 AM

Nov 2007
hmmm so Hakko bears a grudge against Canaan and that guy who destroyed the village =O, but the ending was lol xD
Aug 27, 2009 4:59 PM

Apr 2009
...this would make such an awesome yuri : )
Aug 29, 2009 11:20 AM

Oct 2008
I was wondering for awhile why Hakko is mute when her seiyuu is Noto Mamiko. It turned out that hearing her voice is actually quite expensive..

White House

Just 5 episodes left, its getting more interesting!!!
Aug 29, 2009 12:42 PM
May 2008
This episode seemed a but ambiguous to me... nothing was really explained just more questions.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 30, 2009 11:35 AM

Jul 2008
haha yun yun xD i had a feeling it have to be her^^

Aug 31, 2009 2:44 AM

Jun 2008
Yun Yun is made of win. Couldn't stop laughing when i saw her. This girl is everywhere. Or she has more clones than Rei and Misaka together.
Crazy taxi driver made a funny appearance also.
On the other side nothing really happened in this episode except some strange Yuri vibes.
Sep 3, 2009 6:14 AM

Oct 2008
great ep. fingers crossed for yuri. all the requirements are there. :>
Sep 5, 2009 7:35 PM

Apr 2009
Ah, the return of Yun Yun.

And wow, that's a pretty bad death for the little kid crying for his mom...

Sep 11, 2009 5:41 PM

Sep 2009
Freakin' epic ep. cant wait to see what happens next
Sep 13, 2009 12:45 AM

Aug 2009
oh no, for only talking?
hakko can kill?
O-M-G.

and hurray for Yun-Yun! xD

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 13, 2009 10:22 PM

Dec 2007
I am aware that Hakko’s voice can kill person since I know her voice is dangerous to everyone if she tries to speak. I learned that Santana is the one who wiped Hakko’s village. I hope Canaan can get her synesthesia back since she looks lost without using it Alphard finally makes her move, but I wonder if she worries about her sister. I loved Cannan and Maria yuri moment, and Canaan x Maria is my new yuri pairing. <3
gameoffreak8Sep 13, 2009 10:31 PM
Oct 2, 2009 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
Enjoyable episode, so many things that are up in the air right now.
Oct 9, 2009 11:14 PM

Apr 2008
o_O .. to meet someone unexpected ...

Dec 13, 2009 11:11 AM

Dec 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
Impossible. Mamiko Noto's voice is for soothing purposes only. It never carries any ill intent.

So maybe there's a little clever irony in the casting choice, then?

BitchMaster said:
KYAAAAA <fangirl orgasm, fangirl punch, fangirl beam, fangirl kick, fangirl SHAT> !!! EVERYBODY LOVES MOE SH... SHTUFFS, don't they?

I... am... lollings.

alcurad said:

lolwat [2]

Dream on, otakuvirgin.

Yes, they really do need to just cut to the chase. Handholding is only acceptable when immediately followed by GET SOME.
Feb 23, 2010 5:34 PM

Aug 2008
Story is reminding me of Gunslinger Girls, Claymore, Heroes, Blood The Last Vampire, Ergo Proxy and K-On for many different reasons.

The only reason I'm really interested in the show right now is because I want to know why she lost her powers. And the art... it's very easy on the eyes.
Mar 25, 2010 2:06 PM

Jan 2010
I wish this anime were shoujo-ai. If it were I would give it +1 just for that.
May 23, 2010 12:19 AM

Sep 2009
the art of this series is awesome :)
this episode was pretty good it was interesting to see Canaan managing without her powers and hakko is pretty interesting with how her voice hurts people >.<

Jul 1, 2010 1:10 AM
Feb 2008
I thought Canaan was supposed to be an elite agent yet she declares to her waifu that she can't cause she can't see the colors anymore? Step your game up girl.

The chokeout thing was weird. How did only Hakko's "boyfriend" wake up during all that commotion? The car isn't that big.I'm assuming he was the mission leader during the time they made that village dissapear

What Maria was saying to Canaan seemed like a more than friends talk. Honestly the whole show which has revolved around saving Maria time and time again would make a lot more sense if they were in love. I mean Maria only met Canaan while she was on assignment. And she's been to alot of places and met alot of people. So I'm assuming she didn't hang out with Canaan that long (though the details of their past is not given) but they seem really close.

Then again Canaan saved her (but considering how stupid she is I have a feeling many good hearted natives saved her ass)

Taxi Driver is so cool. Hope we see him again the guy is just delightfully amusing. Yunyun is back that's good.

Alphard hasn't really done anything and no Liang. I hope she goes into a GETSUM rant at least one more time.
Aug 14, 2010 3:40 PM

Sep 2008
Yay~ The taxi driver and YunYun in one episode. :D And a couple of questions popping up... Mainly: Why is it Canaan's fault? Maybe she's the successful product/result of the testing that was carried out on all those other people, like Hakko. Still don't see how Hakko would know/get that information, so yeah, definitely curious as to why she's got some sort of grudge against Canaan...

I don't like yuri so I'll just pretend that whole "Canaan x Maria" scene was actually just "Canaan & Maria" as friends. :| The animation for this episode was beautiful though.

... Oh, and looking at the screenshot that someone else posted of the kiss between Hakko and... the guy, I'm also wondering now why Hakko looks like she's in pain when she kisses him...?
May 16, 2011 6:39 AM

Feb 2011
eehh' what's with that yuri ambiance *giggles*
Jan 4, 2012 12:00 PM

May 2011
Needs moar yuri.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Apr 5, 2012 5:10 PM

Jan 2012
surely canaan and maria are going to get together? xD

but yeah slower episode than the rest, not really a bad thing, but yun yun is back so things should heat up again xD
Oct 18, 2012 9:14 AM

Apr 2012
I'm finding Hakko to be the most interesting character so far, Alphard set aside. It seems that she knows more than she's letting on. Hopefully we'll find out what it is when they reach the village!
Dec 10, 2012 8:56 PM

Sep 2011
Haha knew it was her! :D
Feb 7, 2013 8:41 AM

Aug 2010
This show has too much Yuri. It seems to me that Maria declared her love to Canaan this episode.
May 29, 2013 8:01 PM
Jul 2012
Ugh Marie having screentime makes me want to skip most of the scenes. She needs to motherfucking die. Getting tired of her. -_-
Um Hakko,yeah I guess she don't like Canaan and says "Bitch get off of me!" Lol this is too stupid. Drama drama for her.
Meh if the next episode will be annoying just like this, then this series will be very problematic.
Alphard got something plan on her sleeve.
2/5
Jun 10, 2013 1:19 AM

Jun 2012
Well, not too eventful and all. . .
, but you know, at least the taxi driver had some screen time.

Jun 21, 2013 3:16 PM

May 2012
Aah yes! Yun Yun is back :D
But damn some really interesting things getting released in this episode! Canaan loosing her ability, Santana saying he was the one who destroyed the city, Hakkoh saying it's Canaan's fault and lots more interesting development! Lets see what happens next!
Feb 9, 2014 4:51 AM

Aug 2008
Maria so annoying.

Canaan: I can't see colors anymore.

Maria: ......

Canaan: Yeah, I've lost the power I had for as long as I can remember and the way I see the world and the way I process sensory stimuli. It's like going blind or deaf. Also, I can't protect you anymore and we both know how often you need protection.

Maria: You're still not over that. Like, losing your powers was so yesterday. Can't you just enjoy the bad singing like normal people? Geez, you're such a downer.

later on

Maria: Oooh look, stars. I sure have a lot of energy for someone who was almost blown up a couple of days ago. Now let me bore you with my emo tales.

Canaan: Hooray! Everything you say, no matter how annoying, sounds like music to my ears. And each time you say "sugoi" it's like an explosion of moe in my heart.
Feb 25, 2014 10:11 PM

Nov 2009
I knew it was going to be Yun Yun . . . Perhaps now she will find a way to survive w/o Snake. Although I kind of feel like that dude just stole a bunch of medicine from snake and that is why he can keep the mute chick alive.
Jul 10, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
Finally get to see Yun Yun!
cloudandlightJul 10, 2014 2:31 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Which episode is this clip from?

Kitsune_089 - May 4

4 by Kitsune_089 »»
May 4, 8:03 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.