Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 1, 2015 11:44 AM

May 2015
Wow that was an amazing anime,way better than the VN.
Jun 1, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2013
underrated show
this is really good and does not deserve the hate it gets
5/5

Loserguy said:
yeah, the VN was just painful to read
BAN ME
Jul 5, 2015 1:53 AM

Jun 2014
The ending was actually ok as the series started really badly. Still need to finish the VN.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 24, 2015 9:34 PM

Jun 2014
taking away a point because Acrueid, an immortal vampire, just died so easily

so 3/10
Sep 13, 2015 1:20 AM

Mar 2015
noLoserguy said:

.__.
Oct 28, 2015 11:10 PM

Jul 2014
I'll be honest, if not for the last two episodes this anime actually had the potential to be a decent show even if many things were not included from the VN.

5/10 for me (would have been a 6-7).
WarlockAppaOct 28, 2015 11:19 PM
Apr 20, 2016 4:22 PM
Jun 2013
man what a bitter sweet ending. i thought the anime was ok. It could of used a bit more episodes though so it could breath better. I wonder if that was really her at the end or just shiki bugging out. Also what was the point of showing the girl get rejected. Just seemed odd. I really dont get the whole "this anime doesint exist" just seems to come from really grumpy VN players who cant judge the anime on its own instead go "well the VN did this" and thats really it.
souledge94Apr 20, 2016 4:27 PM
Jul 3, 2016 4:52 PM

Jul 2014
Welp. I guess there's no Tsukihime anime after all.

My big issue with this anime is that even when disregarding this being an adaptation of the VN, as it stands on its own it's just so fucking boring. It tries to incorporate a little of each facet that made Tsukihime good and as a result we get a soulless amalgamation of storytelling elements.

There's nothing going for it:

The story is an abridged retelling of the VN that tries to borrow plot points from 2 other routes somewhere in between, and since the sequences didn't flow well it all felt disjointed. Also, the anime abstains from indulging in all the lore and vampire jargon that provided much of the explanation for everyone's current circumstances, ergo we only have minimal understanding of what's going on. I could accept this, acknowledging there is only so much you can do with the time provided, but it gets to the point where even the ending, Arcueid's revival, doesn't make sense without the context of the visual novel, making new viewers dismiss the inconsistency as one of Shiki's illusions, just like the one in which he saw himself get killed in the Tohno residence.

For me, what stands out the most is how vapid the anime felt in general. The characters look clean and pretty, sure, considering the age of the source material, but I feel there was no effort in imparting that ominous sense of dread one would get when reading the novel. Even without the knowledge of the novel, I can't imagine myself too impressed with the presentation here. Everything looks washed out, as if I turned up the brightness of my monitor or something. The animation was stoic, emotionless, and sometimes even cheap. The fighting scenes, particularly the one with Chaos, felt choppy and rushed. It feels so average that, were it not for me being a fan of the source material, I wouldn't be able to discern this from the myriad of other uninspired productions from the ambivalent, bleary time of the early-to-mid 2000s.

When experiencing a story in two different mediums, the moment I have to start thinking comparatively is the moment I realize I'm not going to have a good time. As a means of telling the Tsukihime narrative once more, this anime does do a semi-decent job of laying out the events in a concise matter, but if that was all I cared for I'd just consult the Wikipedia article.

I wouldn't posit to say this was the worst thing ever; I certainly don't regret watching it. However, I can see why fans and even non-fans alike have swept this one under the rug. It's just a shell of what we've come to known, with none of the crimson blood there to invigorate it with the life it once had. Maybe... it was consumed by some sort of vampire...

4.5/10, the opening theme is fucking amazing though.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Oct 31, 2016 1:41 AM

Dec 2015
As a Type-Moon completionist I must watch every iteration of their franchises - even if they are terrible or don't even exist. So, what can I say about this meme?

It's actually kinda fine, imho. Granted, after reading both the manga and the VN I know everything about the plot, but if I hadn't I think this series would leave me with many unanswered questions.
Episode 7 (pretty much filler) caught me off-guard because it resembled a bit a Carnival Phantasm episode.

Pros: background art aged pretty well, the soundtrack is really great, there's some unexpected attention to little details (for example the phone call by Kugamine) and involuntary funny scenes (Arcueid's printed money was brilliant)

Cons: shallow character development, plot changes that create inconsistencies, a lot of lore missing, too much contamination from other routes for a single-cour adaptation, voice acting (jap) is kinda lazy, unexpressive direction and camera movements

6/10
XarvonJan 31, 2017 6:42 AM
Nov 5, 2016 1:23 PM

Oct 2008
Can't remember the last time I watched such a boring series.
Proud at myself for managing to finish it, yet also mad at myself for wasting time on it.

Awful animation.
Awfuler dialogue.
Characters with zero character.
Story unsure where it's going.
Slow.
Predictable.
Eye rollingly cheesy.
..and genrally feels lazy and .. well, bad. just bad.
TriliohNov 6, 2016 6:25 AM
[complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [urinating dog]
Nov 27, 2016 9:27 PM
Sep 2015
kinda hilarious how stupid some parts of the plot are and how much of a mess this anime was

So why did he cut her up into 17 pieces? the only explanation the prologue gave me was because "he started to hate" himself and wanted to kill. So you go full psycho mode for a hot minute cut a bitch into pieces and you're fine for the rest of the show? like that doesn't happen again? you're not a psychopatic murderer anymore? youre just a good guy now? okay. Also the explanation they gave as to why he started to hate himself in the prologue was baseless, dumb and unreasonable

A lot of the plot was just senseless and unexplained and they just rolled with it, I guess it's convenient, doesnt make the show any better to me tho
Dec 9, 2016 6:12 AM

Dec 2015
JonathaIN said:
So why did he cut her up into 17 pieces?

The anime doesn't explain it, but Shiki was triggered by his Nanaya blood. His original clan was composed by Demon Hunters, so when he saw Arcueid for the first time he felt the urge to destroy that "abomination".

So you go full psycho mode for a hot minute cut a bitch into pieces and you're fine for the rest of the show? like that doesn't happen again? you're not a psychopatic murderer anymore? youre just a good guy now?

In the original visual novel (and in the manga) his Nanaya blood (aka Killer Mode) is triggered many other times.

A lot of the plot was just senseless and unexplained and they just rolled with it, I guess it's convenient, doesnt make the show any better to me tho

Yeah, this is just a poor and rushed adaptation of a great piece of urban fantasy.
Fans pretend that it doesn't exist at all.
Mar 2, 2017 1:26 PM

Jul 2012
I think this show's main flaw is that it is too short for the material involved - F/SN and Unlimited Blade Works were both 24 episode shows, and both focused on one route (though F/SN tossed a little of UBW in there). This tried to combine at least 3 routes into one show, in half the number of episode the later F/SN shows got.

If the story had more time to breathe and develop the characters, I think it would work much better.
Aug 13, 2017 9:33 PM

Feb 2014
wow... until the end of episode 11 was a 6-7/10

But this last episode decreased my score to 5-6/10

In my opinion, Arc's death was truly pathetic.
TechOtakuAug 14, 2017 2:51 PM
Sep 26, 2017 4:30 AM

Dec 2015
Vi- said:
In my opinion, Arc's death was truly pathetic.

She didn't really die, she just chose to not endanger Shiki so she went away.
Nov 30, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
Hmm I feel like the show has so much potential but kinda rush. I don't like reading a novel so I probably just stick with the anime only XDDD

love the soundtrack tho.
7/10
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Feb 6, 2018 12:27 AM

Dec 2015
nearbaskara said:
Hmm I feel like the show has so much potential but kinda rush. I don't like reading a novel so I probably just stick with the anime only XDDD

love the soundtrack tho.
7/10

Check out the manga, it's way better than the anime.
Mar 14, 2018 7:52 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty ok ending given it was only a 12 episode adaptation.

Who was Akiha crying and apologizing for on her bed, though? Her real brother or adopted brother? I guess she still misses and loves her real brother since she did let him out of the cage.
Feb 9, 2020 7:28 PM

Apr 2018
Seriously, what's with Ciel's fetish for throwing swords/spears at the ground menacingly? I guess that's the full extent of her combat abilities, as far as the anime showed us.

Anyway, as someone who hasn't read the VN at all, i simply didn't like this anime.
But i'm sure that if i had read the VN, i would have hated it 'cause it obviously left out a ton of content.

So yeah, pretty bad and tedious to sit through overall but hey, gotta get some of that context for Carnival Phantasm later on.
Good music, though. 4/10.
Apr 13, 2020 6:02 PM

Aug 2008
What a muddled boring mess. The animation was as dull as the plot and characters as well. I understand the manga is much better though, maybe I'll try that.
May 19, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2018
man of all the things i expected from this, none were random vampire buttsex but oh well. gotta say i respect nasu a bit more after this one, even if the series felt lackluster cuz of cheesy 2000's anime directing i still enjoyed it, which says a lot about the writing. sure, i'll play the visual novels but as a stand alone experience this sorta worked, as a so-so show. watching this sure was pointless, right? fun nevertheless :D

nah not really, it was boring as fuck. 5/10 and i'm being nice. plus music sucks ass, what's with that cheesy "emotional piano", sounds like it's ripped of straight from one of those public domain sites. and wtf is that opening man, can u even get more generic. i didn't think the animation was THAT bad, but it's nothing to write home about either, all of the studd from this anime is painfully average. as always, fuck you nasu, u better redeem yourself with the vn. oh well, at least it's not Fate lol.

pd: why did he even kill her in the first place? still feels like it came out of nowhere, and after that she loves him??? ??????
is this some nasu logic i'm not figuring out or what?? it'd be really stupid to leave that out of all things, specially when there are so many episodes where NOTHING happens.
ee_trambolikoMay 19, 2020 10:02 PM
Jun 13, 2020 7:08 AM

Apr 2020
It was... Huh... Complicated. Both the ending and the whole series. Since I've read a major part(3 routes out of 5) of the novel already, the plot feels sooooooo messed up, I'm still not sure if it's a bad or good thing though.

The ending is sorta nice, kinda cliche but still, very emotional.
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Mar 9, 2021 6:47 AM

Apr 2020
I was going to give it a 5/10 but the ending is so bad that it made me drop to 4/10.
I hope they remake this because I heard good things about the manga.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 3, 2021 5:24 AM

Nov 2020
play the VN. it's so much better

"tsukihime anime doesn't exist"
dtrfsJun 11, 2021 11:23 AM

Jun 11, 2021 10:14 AM

Aug 2018
Good story, great music and atmosphere.
Dec 28, 2021 7:40 AM
Dec 2021
Enjoyed this anime a lot. Chromatic aberration.
Mar 6, 2023 3:19 AM

Mar 2020
Sorry Sacchin, this is real life, the comic relief best friend character gets the guy

May 3, 2023 11:47 PM
Mar 2021
oh no arcwade dead?
May 13, 2023 12:37 AM

May 2020
this was a pretty good anime
the animation wasn't the greatest but seeing as its 20 years old at this point that's to be expected
I really loved Brunestud as a character
the nasuverse is really amazing
hopefully, this gets a remake by Ufotable 

the remake op for this is really good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B282GYZqCg

solid 7/10

May 31, 2023 1:16 PM
Jul 2020
@Chillyman wasn’t it FMC that died tho
May 31, 2023 1:17 PM
Jul 2020
@ee_tramboliko I was also mad that he had to kill her for no reason
May 31, 2023 1:18 PM
Jul 2020
@Homura24 hopefully they don’t kill her again
Jul 18, 2023 12:27 PM

Nov 2010
Ciel is hot in that outfit and with her tattoos exposed!
Aww, I feel bad for Yumizuka. She might have a chance someday, but I feel Shiki will end up with Akiha ultimately.

Arcueid really died... noooo!!! However, I love sad endings so much! This is an easy 9/10 for me for not going for the trope of people who died coming back to life in the end.

I wish they would adapt the other routes someday as they did with the Fate series.
Dec 10, 2023 11:12 PM

Aug 2018
Sort of a downer ending, but it made sense. This just isn’t a feel good anime. 10/10
Feb 13, 10:21 PM
Jul 2023
A lacklustre ending, nothing really happened. This series was pretty mid, though I must say the soundtrack was absolutely fantastic. I’m sure the original visual novel is a masterpiece but it’s easy to see why people say this adaptation doesn’t exist…. Here’s hoping ufotable will adapt a proper Tsukihime anime!
Mar 14, 3:03 PM
Dec 2018
The last two episodes were bad and ruined everything, but the anime is still as enjoyable as the first and second episodes, and my favorite is episode 10.

Characters 4/10
Dialogues 6/10
Events 7.5/10
Production and music 8.5/10
Story 6/10

I enjoyed the anime, so it was never a waste of time, as I love old drawing from the early 2000s
MajedM1999Mar 14, 3:10 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 11 Discussion

zq - Jan 23, 2008

36 by metalrain_15 »»
Apr 10, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 10 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

24 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 9 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

21 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

31 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 7 Discussion

zq - Jan 5, 2008

37 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.