Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2009 6:20 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahaha~
Liang Qi and her Get Some-ing.
It looks like Mamiko Noto's voice was too alluring for Minoru to handle though.
And Maria is the new Princess Peach.

What a charismatic president the USA has though...
I'm pretty sure, you're all glad to see a little of the Taxi Driver again.

I wonder how Canaan will stop this scale of attack though...
HawthorneKittyAug 8, 2009 8:44 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2009 6:56 PM

Oct 2008
Liang Qi is indeed the best character ever.
Aug 8, 2009 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
Falatorx said:
Liang Qi is indeed the best character ever.

LOL
dam that one powerful kick she made was unexpected

Canaan is coming to save the day XD

LOVE & PEACE
HawthorneKitty said:

And Maria is the new Princess Peach.

lolz i was thinking of the same thing XD
Aug 8, 2009 8:17 PM

Nov 2007
LOL
Liang Qi was f'ing awesome this episode,
Get Some, haha was hilarious, legs up on the table and everything lol, personality change so quick when Alphard came in the room, haha
Loved it when she was torturing Maria, was hilarious also.
Aug 8, 2009 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
It was a nice episode... I liked the fact that the UA virus is now spread all over the area... and Various Heads of State are in danger... Looks like all of the,... Including the people inside are mostly dead... So Canaan and Alphard have an old link... And Lian Qi is full of hatred.... Hmmm Well... I really like this chapter 'cause the old action is back... and also we hadthis super charismatic USA president that will surely die... Hmmm... I hope Canaan saves the day.... Loli Alphard is pure win... and the mute girl power was weird... what was that about huh?

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2009 8:50 PM

Jul 2009
Get sum!

I...am...Cummings !!!

Get sum!

I...am...Cummings !!!

Get sum!

I...am...Cummings !!!....

DAmn, I have lost count of the times I was Cummings due to GODDESS Liang Qi "get sum!"... pant...pant...

Her chibi is so insanely cute !!! <333 I swear if they ever release a GODDESS Liang Qi doll, I will definitely buy as much as those Mio lovers, if not more...xd

YATTAAAAA !!!! Anyone screaming of joy when GODDESS Liang Qi back-drop kick Moe shit girl STRAIGHT IN THE FACE ? Raise your hand !!! Now waiting for BADASS Santana to beat da shit outta reporter dude, fu fu fu... xd

DANG !!! I cant believe they got Lacus Clyne come to sing for them, kinda sad Mr."Yes, we can !!!" was not the US pres in this show though.... 5/5 episode FTW!!!
BitchMasterAug 8, 2009 8:54 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 8, 2009 11:09 PM

Apr 2009
things are definitely heating up. Great episode.
Aug 9, 2009 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
GET SOME, GET SOME, GET SOME!

Liang Qi is definately my favorite. Ahaha.
Aug 9, 2009 1:00 AM

Oct 2008
Usually the cab driver is what makes the episode great for me but this time he was topped by Liang Qi.

Aug 9, 2009 1:26 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode, cant wait for the next one. Things are starting to heat up now.
Aug 9, 2009 1:30 AM

Feb 2009
Wow... Liang went nuts. I love it!

Still.... I have a total love of Alphard. She is so great. <3
Vicky-samaAug 9, 2009 1:34 AM
Aug 9, 2009 6:59 AM

Dec 2008
good episode
Aug 9, 2009 7:04 AM

Jul 2008
Damn I was hoping for some Canaan ownage, but I guess I'll have to wait a week. It was still a great episode. Liang Qi was crazy screaming her "get some", LOL that's what I say when I'm on the basketball court. The Liang Qi program was awesome. And of course the Epic Taxi Driver's contribution to the episode cannot be ignored. Oh, and Hakko's power, whether she talked or not freaked me out for a second.
Aug 9, 2009 8:16 AM
Jul 2008
Great episode, and nice to see the taxi diver again.
Aug 9, 2009 9:29 AM

Mar 2008
Taxi Driver will always remain the best character for me.
Aug 9, 2009 9:41 AM

Apr 2009
This episode...FUCKING ROCKED. It had everything;

Action
Explosions
A white Obama
Resident Evil-ish virus
Getting sum
Falcon Kicks
Love and Peace
And of course the return of the epic CHINESE STYLE HIGH TENSION Taxi Driver

What's not to love?

Aug 9, 2009 11:34 AM

Dec 2007
I sincerely hope the taxi driver busts through police roadblocks next ep. More of his awesomeness was the only thing this episode lacked. He needs more time to show off.

I also hope we get more of Alphard in society later. I'm not too fond of the regular outfit, but whenever she dresses up, she is HOT.

But still, Liang Qi FTW!
Aug 9, 2009 11:46 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, so many fans of GODDESS Liang Qi, & here I thought I was the only weirdo who venerates her in the middle of Moe shit girl's fans.

Aug 9, 2009 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
could not find this episode interesting enough to watch it till the end...
although this show is somewhat similar to Ghost in the Shell, but it is by far less fun to watch....and theres no great character in this show (I loved major in GitS)
Aug 9, 2009 2:44 PM
Sep 2008
The Episode was awesome, but what Got me freekin' Nuts, is where the hell did Alphard get that gun from (watch from the15th minute in FMS release), she was walking at first with no gun, then suddenly she shoots a soldier in the head, that's a tight she was wearing, so no where to hide a gun in (unless it was under it lol).
Aug 9, 2009 3:09 PM

Jul 2007
I liked how some of Alphard's background was shown. The first Canaan haha.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Aug 9, 2009 3:56 PM

Jul 2009
vinesage said:
although this show is somewhat similar to Ghost in the Shell, but it is by far less fun to watch....and theres no great character in this show (I loved major in GitS)

Oh, of course, who wouldnt love a woman wearing high cut with DELICIOUS bare thighs ? I know I did LOL ;)

Aug 9, 2009 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm... looks like more drama next ep xD Maria <3
Aug 9, 2009 7:30 PM

May 2008
that was a little disgusting , oh Maria got captured again, classic xD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 9, 2009 7:44 PM

Jul 2009
greenmush said:
that was a little disgusting , oh Maria got captured again, classic xD

Umm... May I ask what is "disgusting" ? Since the episode was absolutely lovely... to me, at least.

Aug 9, 2009 8:18 PM

Apr 2009
haha.. very good episode we have here.. now i get why liang qi is awesome..

anyway.. are there similar shows like this? action packed and supposed to have a dark atmosphere because of the conspiracies and stuff but ended up making me laugh anyway.. his show just rocks..
Aug 9, 2009 8:58 PM

Jul 2008
LOVE AND PEACE \o/
Aug 9, 2009 9:12 PM

Jul 2009
argilium said:
haha.. very good episode we have here.. now i get why liang qi is awesome..

anyway.. are there similar shows like this? action packed and supposed to have a dark atmosphere because of the conspiracies and stuff but ended up making me laugh anyway.. his show just rocks..

"Black Lagoon" would like to have a word with you ;)

Aug 9, 2009 9:14 PM

May 2009
gg subs are out!
Aug 9, 2009 9:24 PM

Oct 2007
Man I haven't seen anyone go yandere like Liang Qi since Mion/Shion in Higurashi. I can't believe that's Rie Tanaka. I'm not used to hearing her being all yandere, but I think I like it!
Aug 9, 2009 9:24 PM

Sep 2007
This was such a lulz episode. I snickered when Maria was getting her ass kicked by Liang. She's getting so annoying. I hope Maria isn't some person that's going to be the main focus of the show with some "super secret hidden information inside her memories".
Aug 9, 2009 11:42 PM

Feb 2009
Wasabi said:
I hope Maria isn't some person that's going to be the main focus of the show with some "super secret hidden information inside her memories".

Of course she will... this is TYPE-MOON in the driver's seat.
Aug 10, 2009 12:04 AM

Apr 2008
Vicky-sama said:
Wasabi said:
I hope Maria isn't some person that's going to be the main focus of the show with some "super secret hidden information inside her memories".

Of course she will... this is TYPE-MOON in the driver's seat.

Agreed but not by the fact it's Type-Moon but the fact she's around (which in my view this anime would be 10x better if she wasn't) proves she has some big tie into the story. If she didn't he purpose in this anime would be nothing and her screen time would then and should be almost zero

Overall good episode
Aug 10, 2009 12:27 AM

Nov 2007
mmm okay episode, not much interaction on Canaan's side of things although there is some insight into Alphard's character.
Aug 10, 2009 12:34 AM

May 2009
HOLY FUCK THIS WAS AWESOME!!!
TAXI DRIVAN
GIT SOMAN
KICKAN
EXPLOSIONAN

FUCKING AWESOME!!

Liang Qi is love.
Aug 10, 2009 12:50 AM

Jul 2009
Lol Great Episode
Aug 10, 2009 3:11 AM

Feb 2009
rabbitpoets said:
I can't believe that's Rie Tanaka. I'm not used to hearing her being all yandere, but I think I like it!

Omg...Rie Tanaka is Liang Qi's voice actor?I already see Lacus from gundam seed screaming ''Get some'' and kicking Maria.Anyway...the episode was nice...Yandere is win so Liang Qi is win,we get to know more about Alphard(I somewhat knew that the girl who was talking to Siam was Alphard),the taxi driver of course and the excentric pressident(I hope that he'll die)...
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Aug 10, 2009 4:01 AM

Dec 2008
Lol at the Us President "love and peace" the first reaction of the other politicians was so funny.
"love and peace" thats a message XD

that was too much Liang Qi screentime she is a real nag when I hear to much of her.

I think Canaan is resistant against the UA Virus because she had this illness already.
Aug 10, 2009 4:48 AM

Feb 2009
After 2 average episodes, it's good to see a great one again. :)

Random things in this episode:

- Lol Hakko has siren powers. Suits her well. :)
- Why are they singing J-pop at a anti-terrorism conference held in China?
- Americans are still depicted as dump as ever in this show.
- "So you've finally entered puberty". What the... WARNING, CANAAN IS TRAP! CANAAN IS A TRAP! Either this or, yuri confirmed! Yuri confirmed!
- Taxi driver is back, yeah!
- Love the Liang Qi song. <3
- Love the Liang Qi chibi. <3
- Love the Liang Qi kick. <3
- Poor princess Peach, I mean Maria, getting beaten like that. :(
- "Shut up for a bit." Haha epic phone answer. xD
Aug 10, 2009 5:01 AM

Jul 2009
Alexstratz said:
After 2 average episodes, it's good to see a great one again. :)

Random things in this episode:

- Lol Hakko has siren powers. Suits her well. :)
- Why are they singing J-pop at a anti-terrorism conference held in China?
- Americans are still depicted as dump as ever in this show.
- "So you've finally entered puberty". What the... WARNING, CANAAN IS TRAP! CANAAN IS A TRAP! Either this or, yuri confirmed! Yuri confirmed!
- Taxi driver is back, yeah!
- Love the Liang Qi song. <3
- Love the Liang Qi chibi. <3
- Love the Liang Qi kick. <3
- Poor princess Peach, I mean Maria, getting beaten like that. :(
- "Shut up for a bit." Haha epic phone answer. xD

I totally agree with you. I mean, whats up with jokes about Canaan entering a puberty? How old is she anyway? lol

"Shut up for a bit" is indeed an epic phone answer XD, but i felt bad that Maria got her ass kicked over that. No matter how cool and awesome Liang Qi is, she's got some serious issues.
Aug 10, 2009 5:04 AM

Jul 2008
1-o Dear Ling Qi, pretty please with a cherry on the top kick my ass.
2-o CHINESE STYLE! HIGH TENSION!
3-o Mamiko Noto has finally spoken, I've been waiting for this since the second episode.

General impression: SUGOI! SUGOI! SUGOI!!!
Aug 10, 2009 8:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Everyone's nuts. Episode was decent, but I'm looking forward to see how it all plays out.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 10, 2009 8:50 AM

May 2008
Someone obviously called Vash in for that 'LOVE AND PEACE' speech.

Also..SOMEONE wants to 'get some' ;D

Aug 10, 2009 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
IDOL SINGERS HOLDING A CONCERT AT AN ANTI- TERRORIST CONFERENCE! IN CHINA!

MIGRANE INDUCING VOICES!

THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. PRAISING A COMMUNIST COUNTRY!

LOVE AND PEACE!

EXPLODING VIRUSES!

Goddamnit Nasu...
Aug 10, 2009 9:21 AM
Dec 2007
What really shines in this show is clearly its direction (camera work, pacing, atmosphere etc...), which is by far, very far, the best of the season. Masahiro Ando improved A LOT since Sword of the Stranger, and he shows everyone how a great action anime is made. Easily one of the best series of the season with S&W II and Umineko.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 10, 2009 10:09 AM

Jun 2009
...Why the hell is there an idol concert at a World Anti-Terrorist Summit?

That is all. (Seriously though, with this episode, CANAAN may have just cemented itself as the best comedy show this season.)
Aug 10, 2009 10:58 AM

May 2007
President of the US was hilarious this episode, make me think they parodied some of Obama's speeches, with the crowd shouting back at him... yeah. XD
Anyway, biggest WTF moment this episode was when Hakko actually talked. o__O

Aug 10, 2009 11:46 AM

Jul 2008
love and peace love and peace xD strange that the bodyguards are speaking english but not the president xD

Aug 10, 2009 12:38 PM

Aug 2008
I'm sorry, but I just didn't like this episode. Between the POTUS and Liang Qi, I just couldn't be happy with what was onscreen even though Liang Qi did give Maria a wonderful kick to the face, and we're back to action.

And about Maria...isn't she like, patient zero for the virus or something? I've always had that feeling.
Aug 10, 2009 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
NoyaChan said:
President of the US was hilarious this episode, make me think they parodied some of Obama's speeches, with the crowd shouting back at him... yeah. XD

Sorry, man but no "YES, WE CAN !!!" = no Obama, thought you should know that already...

Supermario23 said:
...Why the hell is there an idol concert at a World Anti-Terrorist Summit?

Cuz Lacus PWNS, 'nuff said

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which episode is this clip from?

Kitsune_089 - May 4

4 by Kitsune_089 »»
May 4, 8:03 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.