Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 31, 2015 6:23 PM

Feb 2013
Kis that can't age? What? That came out of nowhere. I didn't expect this kinda of element in this show. Oh well. He's dead now. He got really creepy when he stated aging.

"Bang."
Jul 10, 2015 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
Uhh, she just ate dog food. Poor Ein.

Dang, does Spike ever cash in on any bounties? Something always gets in the way or they die before they're turned in haha.

Someone is shooting at you, why would you look back? I guess he still got away though.

So, I didn't realize that he couldn't die even when shot until he walked out of the fire. I feel a bit slow haha. I don't think this is my kind of show, but I liked these last two episodes!

"Bang."
Jul 20, 2015 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
Lol, I'm gonna drop this series. So fucking boring. I literally just zoned out and almost fell asleep like halfway through. Overrated, boring as fuck show with no substance or plot whatsoever. Just generic characters going around killing generic villains with no story at all. Mad I wasted 2 hours of my life on this boring nonsense lol
Aug 10, 2015 1:09 PM

Jan 2015
Dicklesworth said:
Lol, I'm gonna drop this series. So fucking boring. I literally just zoned out and almost fell asleep like halfway through.

Come back in a couple years with more anime / sci-fi culture (and i'm not talking star wars here), maybe you'll enjoy it a bit better. This pacing, coupled with the unique ambiance, is what makes this show great.

As for this episode, the explanation for the kid being immortal was flawed... All that only to make a parallel with Superman + Kryptonite.
If the explosion caused a timestop in his organism, he should either be invulnerable or completely frozen (since the absolute zero is basically a timestop). Here he was able to move, and could regenerate wounds, which makes no fucking sense.

Worst episode so far in the series.
Aug 13, 2015 2:21 PM

Mar 2012
The ending was a bit anticlimactic
Sep 6, 2015 12:32 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
This episode was weird. Why was Zebra crying?
Oct 15, 2015 5:26 AM
Nov 2014
Do you understand now ? Do you... ? Bang, awesome episode.
Nov 4, 2015 1:17 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was weird. Didn't expect to see some immortal kid :/
Nov 13, 2015 8:13 PM

Sep 2010
That kid kinda reminded me of

FMA Brotherhood spoilers

"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 1, 2016 6:17 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The ending is what made this episode better.

4/5
Jan 1, 2016 11:56 PM

Jan 2013
Great ending this episode.
Jan 21, 2016 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
Eh...not my fav episode. I sort of had a "Who cares?" moment.
Feb 17, 2016 12:24 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know. I like this episode but I'm confused, I didn't expect this kind of elements in this show. But still a good one.

"Bang."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 4:37 AM

Mar 2016
Yo that was definitely Pride tho
May 25, 2016 8:47 PM

Aug 2015
C...Czeslaw Meyer?
Jun 7, 2016 2:57 PM

Sep 2014
am I the only one who thought the kid looked like the Junior High version of Eren Jaeger? LOL

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Jun 14, 2016 12:23 PM

Mar 2015
I had Johann flashbacks.

Mystery & thriller go with Cowboy Bebop far better than comedy, though both are good. The last two episodes had plenty of substance and basically swayed me to this show. And the music is stellar.
Nov 24, 2016 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
It proves the old routine, with a very romantic story, if we want to use that term. Narration which, although it has a self-contained character, has in itself an issue that belongs to the sentient creatures, and that poses a response. Pleasant watching this episode, the characters are always the most original in the way they do.
Dec 5, 2016 12:49 AM

Nov 2016
Really good episode. Enjoyed it as much as the last one. Hopefully the series continues at this pace.

Really loved the final confrontation and I also got Akira vibes from this episode. It's strange that I liked this episode though as I'm not really a fan of Akira.
Dec 30, 2016 9:41 PM

Jul 2015
This is a Stanger episode
4/5
Mar 31, 2017 2:04 PM
Mar 2017
Haha, I went back and rewatched this and I totally forgot the bebop has a machine on board that magically displays somebody's inner thoughts on a screen.

The bad CGI, the abrupt ???? infodump, the plot device bullet... Probably the weakest episode of the series tee bee aych
Aug 23, 2017 12:58 PM

May 2015
That "curse" of being immortal is always scary idea to me. Not to mention that you can live forever, but this bad guy was trapped in boy's body.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 20, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
I can't believe Faye ate Ein's food, standards girl lol.

It's amazing the radiation stopped the boy from aging and then that crazy thing they made in to a bullet finally made him age and ultimately die, that was sad.

It's not surprising they kept experimenting on him to find out why he didn't age though.
Mar 1, 2018 12:36 PM

Jan 2018
I like this episode and that weird kid made a good villain, definitely deserves the title of Little Devil and that bullet to the head.
The aging scene was weird and sad for a moment, but it seems like he happy at the end.

May 28, 2018 12:26 AM

Dec 2012
I still don't understand this anime lol what's the plot?
They are bounty hounters but still can't manage to catch one alive lmao

Oct 8, 2018 8:28 PM
Jan 2017
Back to being meh after the high point it hit at episode 5.I would say this is the worst episode of the series.Now I feel like I want to take a nap after finishing this episode.
CoreFinderOct 8, 2018 8:34 PM
Nov 18, 2018 9:52 AM

Feb 2017
Nice harmonica playing.
Dec 8, 2018 2:41 AM
Oct 2018
MistyBlue said:

what do you mean? Because he remembered how his comrade died.

Anyway, so far this is probably the best anime series i've ever seen, but the sexism is getting intolerable. Fay was just plain unlikeable in this episode, to the point where you wonder why they keep her on board. She had some redeeming qualitites in previous episodes, despite being a femme fatale stereotype but here she's too annoying. She even ate ein's food !

Jan 22, 2019 3:10 AM
Sep 2017
lazyhobbit said:

Anyway, so far this is probably the best anime series i've ever seen, but the sexism is getting intolerable. Fay was just plain unlikeable in this episode, to the point where you wonder why they keep her on board. She had some redeeming qualitites in previous episodes, despite being a femme fatale stereotype but here she's too annoying. She even ate ein's food !

its the opposite for me. I am not enjoying this series still now and i dont understand if there is any story or not. i am not an episodic anime kind of guy
Jan 29, 2019 2:50 AM
Apr 2018
Music was amazing but the episode as a whole wasn't the best and doesn't really fit the vibe of the show. Weird fantasy shit out of Akira isn't something Bebop needed.
Apr 19, 2019 3:10 PM

Feb 2013
I feel bad for the kid, he had to live all those years.
For his victims too.
Jul 9, 2019 5:01 AM

Aug 2017
Did Valentine just eat dog food? lol

This episode was very weak compared to episode 5. The immortal part caused many questions to be answered. I think that the supernatural effect doesn't fit as well with the episode. It could be better.

The music was the only good thing at least. Bang!

lazyhobbit said:
MistyBlue said:

Sexism? what?
NurguburuJul 9, 2019 5:04 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 9, 2019 9:15 AM
Oct 2018
Nurguburu said:
Did Valentine just eat dog food? lol

This episode was very weak compared to episode 5. The immortal part caused many questions to be answered. I think that the supernatural effect doesn't fit as well with the episode. It could be better.

The music was the only good thing at least. Bang!

lazyhobbit said:

Sexism? what?

anime series tend to be sexist, even good ones, so this shouldn't come as such a surprise
Aug 1, 2019 4:54 AM

Apr 2013
Hm pretty boring episode, nothing really changed. And that kid not again AND not dying was not fitting the rest of this show so far.
Aug 26, 2019 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
I agree with everyone else. Probably my least favorite episode too. The "doesn't age" "immortal" thing is credited to some space time ray beam thing merging with his DNA thing, so there is some logic behind it. But what REALLY grinds me gears is the sequence when Spike just stands there as the kid fires three shots at him. Why would Spike just stand there? How'd he know the kid would miss each time? The kid's like a hundred (or more) years old, and he's clearly a criminal, so the kid's had all the time in the world to practice his shot. Heck, a bullet grazed Spike's cheek. How was Spike not terrified? I know he's a talented fighter but he's still human and has his flaws and hiccups. How could he have been that confident? How would just standing there do him any good? He could've at least ran behind a box and THEN took aim.
Oct 19, 2020 1:35 PM

Dec 2007
how this sci-fi action anime made actually some fantasy now?

except that, a lot of action scenes were pointless, that kid kidnapped taxi and spike blew it at gas station for... for what?
Nov 1, 2020 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
Mystery was done badly and fantasy elements looked silly to be honest.

Fine episode, but nothing spectacular, especially after the previous one.

Spike was reckless as hell if you ask me. He put everything on believing that the kind will try to tease him with avoiding lethal points while shooting and by that will let Spike to launch that special bullet.
Nov 3, 2020 7:27 AM
Jun 2020
I really enjoyed this episode. Sure, the fantasy element was weird -- how does not aging mean you're immortal? and where did this kid come from anyway? -- but I think this episode in general helped show us who these guys are (especially Spike and Faye imo). Also? Final death scene? So sick. Loved it.
Dec 11, 2020 12:56 PM
Dec 2020
I actually liked this episode. Yeah, the science is bad, but that's why it's science *fiction*. Maybe it's just me, though.

I liked the music that was in the episode: the harmonica and the general blues vibe. This series has been having some great music. I'm glad that I'm finally getting into it.

Excited to see where this series goes.
May 13, 2021 9:54 PM

Mar 2018
Music and visual cuts were done so blissfully at 18:45 and onwards, that whole second half overall had the suspense of a season finale 6 episodes in.

I'm definitely enjoying this shows ability to be dynamic as it goes from light hearted moments, to suspense-filled musical and visual powerhouse scenes.
Celest__May 13, 2021 10:14 PM
May 19, 2021 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Shinichiro-san and staff knowing how to use the blues genre in a refined, symbolic way... Which I feel that gives us a taste about the right tone of the show's core. Brilliant!
This and the last (5th) episode are the best until now!

- I thought you like jazz...
- Don't be stupid. I even warbled when I was sucking on my mother's milk!

[...]

- Betrayal comes easily to women. But men live for duty.
- Do you believe that?
- I'm trying to real hard...

[...]

- I see... I can finally die now... I feel so heavy. But I feel... I finally fell at ease... Do you understand? Do you understand? Do YOU..?
- Like I do...
Bang
removed-userMay 21, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 5, 2021 10:09 PM

Jun 2019
Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of this episode. It did have it's moments, mainly a cool shootout, but otherwise felt rather substandard. And I didn't like the kid who never ages. He felt rather out of place in the series so far, and the scene where his aging is reinstated broke my immersion.
Jul 21, 2021 8:01 PM
Dec 2017
Defiently another great episode as always.

Jul 26, 2021 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was certainly allot more eerie than the previous ones.
I knew something was up with that kid.
Oct 20, 2021 11:00 AM
Aug 2021
I cracked up Faye started eating the dog food lmao.

This episode was rather surreal with the kid that never aged and especially in the scene where the moon hits earth.
Oct 28, 2021 12:58 AM

Aug 2021
Poor Ein didn't got food ;__;

The plot for this ep was a bit weird but still the ending scene gave me chills
Nov 14, 2021 3:27 PM

Sep 2016
Ooof I thought this episode was pretty weak... The only one I didn't like so far.
Dec 11, 2021 9:51 AM
Nov 2020
That was also a very good episode, i really liked it and it came after episode 5 which was one of the very best.
May 11, 2022 1:19 PM

Feb 2021
Pure awesomeness. This was one of my favorite episodes from before and I still love it
Sep 18, 2022 7:10 AM

Sep 2017
so spike meets detective conan.

Dunno why faye was making a huge deal outta spike not going to return or something. and 'men are such idiots'. She would fit right at home with SJW, thinking women are grander than men or some shit.

open and shut case. case closed.

so, spike is gonna use that musical instrument probably or not. who knows.

and immortal conan dying makes a meh statement about being able to die.

not a good episode.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Metty - May 14, 2008

626 by Mirrow »»
May 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

123 by Shobbrook »»
May 8, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 13, 2008

207 by Shobbrook »»
May 8, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FighterZ - May 2, 2008

133 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

132 by RioFS »»
Apr 26, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.