Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
May 2, 2018 1:47 PM

Sep 2017
A Brit, a Sumerian and a Greek walk into a bar.

Rider showed Saber that she was just small prick in front of Alexander.

Archer/Gilgamesh was right. Saber looked like she was raped. Funny.

But otherwise, when the fuck will they fight? 5 days and 6 hours remaining, and we are no closer to the holy grail. 2 more episodes remaining.

Waver should have joined the drinking party. Even if he is not of the legal age. I mean come on, if Archer's drink was THAT GOOD, I would have gladly helped myself to some of it.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 2, 2018 2:09 PM
Oct 2016
Ionian Hetairoi translates to eternal partners, "partners" was the name of Alexander's heavy cavalry.
In Greek its Αιώνιοι Εταίροι but if i were to write it in greeklish it would be something like Aionioi Etairoi though for the ω we usually use w cause its closer in shape but that wouldn't make any sense to someone who doesn't know the Greek Alphabet.
BrodericMay 2, 2018 2:26 PM
May 2, 2018 2:33 PM
Oct 2016
Toxic_Mongoose said:
I agree with Saber, Archer and Caster are both insane. Surprised Archer was quiet for so long in this episode lol. Sounds like Iskandar's rule ended badly.

Also hm, hearing that they cut events from the novel makes me want to read it. I tend to like novels.

It is assumed that Alexander was poisoned but as far as i know his empire was divided 4 ways when his generals asked him which one should take over he said "The strongest" so they fought each other.
May 2, 2018 2:41 PM
Oct 2016
Alexander IRL was pretty selfless (for a king), when he marched there was point in which they didn't any water and someone gave him probably one of last cups but he emptied it and said "How can i drink that while my soldiers are thirsty"
May 10, 2018 7:08 AM

Feb 2018
Broderic said:
Ionian Hetairoi translates to eternal partners, "partners" was the name of Alexander's heavy cavalry.
In Greek its Αιώνιοι Εταίροι but if i were to write it in greeklish it would be something like Aionioi Etairoi though for the ω we usually use w cause its closer in shape but that wouldn't make any sense to someone who doesn't know the Greek Alphabet.

Thank you for the explanation!

OT:This episode was really amazing, really restored my faith in the series, which was shaken when I saw that like nothing is going to be resolved in this 13 episodes.
May 17, 2018 1:06 AM

Sep 2013
The whole thing with the assassins attacking really screwed up an otherwise decent episode.

They must be the worst assassins in the history of assassins. They arrive in hiding. They totally have the drop on three of their opponents. And then, instead of attacking from the shadows, they announce their presence and have a brief conversation before allowing themselves to be attacked.

That's not how assassination works.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 24, 2018 4:01 AM

Jan 2015
Greek Ancient History: The clash of Macedonians and assassins.
I changed my opinion more about Rider. My favourite charater from this series.
Nov 27, 2018 9:07 AM
Jul 2013
Oh boy, I am so happy I did not drop this series, it's only getting better. It did lack a serious note, but with this episode it went up a notch.
Jan 23, 2019 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
Well we can say for sure now that Assassin is dead, it only took 11 episodes for the first servant to fall. Anyway, they also talked a lot this episode, and humiliated Saber ... I kinda feel bad for her tbh. They just come from different time periods, how can they really understand, wow. Rider is still the king of bros tho.
May 2, 2019 4:29 AM

Sep 2014
further proof Iskander is best boi

Gilgamesh seems to have more uses than expected. Also I like how he just doesnt give a fuck sometimes. Other times he is a little bit annoying though.

The scene is kinda hillarious though, just sitting there drinking.
Comander-07May 2, 2019 9:04 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 28, 2019 12:23 AM
Jan 2019
VOTE FOR RIDER PLEASE! This is so entertaining to watch xD
Jun 12, 2019 10:11 AM

Dec 2018
Judging by Archer's personality I seriously bet that he's gonna spill the wine on Rider's face lol. But seems he isn't brave enough for one to call the Rider a pretender and mongrel.

Funny how there's so many army that charges yet Saber,Archer, and the other doesn't collide with them.

Finally there's a gap between Saber and Rider. If they get all friendly forever, I doubt the battle will start.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 3, 2019 4:27 PM

Apr 2019
Brooooo. I'm just putting it out there that this is one of my favorite single episodes of anime. From a triple Matrix level fight between Kirei and Kiritsugu, to the mindfuck level of Kiritsugu being stuck in the Grail. Great shots, great scenes, overall trippy and suddenly depressing, and I loved it all.
Aug 7, 2019 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty fun episode seeing them talk over some drinks and Rider showing his badassery.
Sep 26, 2019 9:33 PM
Dec 2017
so cool.. rider is soo cool
Oct 4, 2019 11:13 PM

Nov 2014
it's interesting seeing the different viewpoint on how a King is supposed to act. I agree with Rider that a King can't constantly save people because he's going to be able to save them forever. He needs to lead them, guide them on the correct path, this way when the King is gone, his followers would be able to save themselves instead of crumbling because their leader is gone.

but i also agree with Saber on the topic of regret. there's nothing wrong with regretting your past actions which has cause the demise of your kingdom.

that ionioi thing in the end is frickin badass! and is it just me or does one of those soldier/servant looks like adult!waver????
Oct 20, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2015
Rider's take was some utter nonsense right there. "If you rule your kingdom selflessly and prioritize your people over yourself, you won't be envied and therefore no one will strive to be like you. You failed your duty as a king." and other stupid shit to justify his megalomania and disregard for his people in the name of conquest. At least it's historically accurate.

I see many people agreeing with him and a few voices of reason in this thread objecting. It's really interesting how people can be persuaded easily even to such obviously fallacious reasoning simply because it was presented well. I am concerned about humanity if MAL users represent the average person in terms of intellectual capability.
Feb 2, 2020 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
Gathering of the kings...hmmm..rider phantasm...pretty nice
Feb 29, 2020 7:06 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Great episode.

I really like Archer's character design and armour but personality wise, I find his arrogance a bit unlikeable even if it's fitting for his character. I'm kinda neutral on Saber but I do really like Rider, he has a good mix of serious principles and light-hearted fun...but Lancer's still definitely my favourite one <3

Also, how on earth is any servant going to defeat that whole army?!

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Nov 28, 2020 5:56 AM

Dec 2018
rider is the most interesting character of them all
Dec 11, 2020 8:41 AM

Dec 2014
Shitttt rider's noble phantasm gave me chills.

The conversation between kings was interesting. I adore Rider and Archer pov but if I were going to be a king, I think I will be like Saber.
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
May 18, 2021 4:30 PM

Jul 2013
Holy grail war, more like holy amounts of exposition and dialogue.

They're all kings of different eras with different experiences, so I feel bad for Saber's idealism being mocked. The banquet was enjoyable until that.
Jun 26, 2021 10:26 PM

Feb 2019
Damn, Rider's Ionian Hetairoi Noble Phantasm was awesome as hell. Didn't think I'd see the Macedonian army in an anime lol

Not sure I agree with Archer's and Rider's conceptions of kingship. I'm more inclined to believe in Saber's ideal.
Jun 27, 2021 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode by far.
Saber, Gilgamesh, and Iskandar are my favorite characters of Zero so the first half was amazing. Seeing all the different ideologies clash was great, and we finally understand more of the motivations. I definitely agree with sabers point of view on kingship, so it sucked to see her mocked.
Second half while really good was a step down, I liked the fight but the animation felt a little wonky at parts.
5/5 ep
Jul 14, 2021 2:09 PM

Jun 2020
Gilgamesh is so fuckin fun to watch lmao
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 29, 2021 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
Rider is coming.
Saber and Rider talk.
lol at Gil appearing. Zasshu.
Gil walked all the way there. lol
Gil bringing out the good stuff.
Rider wants true incarnation?
Saber's wish.
Tokiomi and Kirei.
Tokiomi's order to Kirei.
LMAO at Gil cracking up.
Gil likes Saber's deflowered face.
Assassin appears.
They came 100 deep.
Dat Reality Marble.

I always loved this episode. 3 kings gather and share their beliefs. I love how everyone is sitting looking normal then you look at Gil and he bright as fock. lol I love how Rider changed into his normal outfit then he did the Gainax pose with the wind blowing his cape.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 5, 2021 11:12 AM
Aug 2017
lmao Rider and his fashionable clothes "i've come to drink come show me around"

Loving how the 3 kings sit and have a drink

Riders noble phantasm was truly amazing.

RIDER FTW LETS GO
Dec 28, 2021 10:41 AM

Jun 2019
From the moment Iskander aka Rider arrived in this show, he became my favourite character and this episode just took him to another level. He's just so fucking cool. What a great king. Saber got roasted so hard this episode.
Apr 28, 2022 4:44 PM

Feb 2021
Good for Saber, other than that another dull ep. Most of it was just to set up Rider so he would show his secret moves anyway
May 26, 2022 4:13 PM

Oct 2021
Saber roasted lmao
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Jun 12, 2022 11:06 AM
Nov 2020
RIDER FCKING GOATED!!
You know a character is well written when he can change your entire view on a subject in under 5 minutes
Jul 9, 2022 10:44 AM

May 2020
Rider's Noble phantasm is insane

Nov 17, 2022 5:04 AM
Sep 2018
I hate it. So is this the King Arthur English people proud of?? Gen butchered her so much that I FCKINGGGG HATE IT... The King of England for decades who has been in a countless battles. A King who at the a young age sacrificed his/her normal life for it's people, sacrificed his/her sleeps for it's people, a King who sacrificed his/her afterlife for his/her nation, a king who not at the back but at the frontline with it's people, sacrificed many other things, who loves her her nation so much even tho she known that her nation will fall at least she wants it to fall gracefully just got shit on by a king who differs in his path of a King?!! WHAT FCKING JOKE IS THIS!!!

The King who legends love by even enemies countries got speechless by a King where she should hate on.. A king who conquered many lands, she got shit on by a king who got abandoned by his soldiers??! What a worst episode. While it's badass for some dumbshits who love something badass and takes someone speeches bcus they don't know history. I hate it the way Gen potrays her. Fate/Stay Night potrays her as King Arthur way fcking better than this fake king or should I say a weak little girl. That mad being treated as a thing bcus she feels less human when in Stay Night she literally said to treats her as thing than as a human.

AND YOU REALLY THINK A GUY NAMED FCKING GILGAMESH WITH A GOLDEN ARMOUR WHO TALKS SHIT ABOUT ANYONES REALLY WILL SIT ON THE FLOOR LIKE HE IS THE SAME LEVEL AS THEM?? AT LEAST LET'S HIM SUMMONS HIS THRONE.

She is FCKINGGGG bland. She is as relevant as Maiya and Irisviel. A fcking side character. It's not what Iskandar said that I got mad at bcus it's his perspective of her but it's her reaction that I got mad at. You really think King Arthur who is seen as not human by his people will be like a fcking weak little girl like this?!

Even in Stay Night where Shirou said something about her ideal, got shit on and said to him as unnecessary to obtains Holy Grail. And you think someone like Iskandar will be more effective than Shirou? What a fcking joke. FSN Saber will said something like this instead to Iskandar "Is that all you wanted to say after wasting this meaningless night?".

Disappointing potrayal of King Arthur.
ScyferineNov 17, 2022 5:15 AM
Jan 9, 2023 8:29 AM

Jan 2020
I love this series, but this episode was pretty awful with its message. The way Saber was presented was laughably bad as it doesn't make sense why KING ARTHUR of all people does not believe in her own path and gets mocked by literally everyone. She should have said to Rider "fuck you this is the path I believe in, you have no right to preach your bullshit selfish ideals to me". I also hate how the series glorifies Rider's selfish ways as "this is how a king should be" when that is completely subjective to the ruler at hand. I don't get what the story is trying to say by presenting Rider as this guy who is always right. Is the message that "being a tyrant is good if you're fair and kind to your people"? What a load of crap. Gen rarely misses, but this episode is truly a massive failure for him.

People really be thinking this episode is peak just cause "muh philosophy" whilst ignoring how the message is ridiculous, and the way it's conveyed is unrealistically preachy.
Nano201102Jan 9, 2023 8:32 AM
Jan 19, 2023 2:03 PM

Dec 2020
Nano201102 said:
I love this series, but this episode was pretty awful with its message. The way Saber was presented was laughably bad as it doesn't make sense why KING ARTHUR of all people does not believe in her own path and gets mocked by literally everyone. She should have said to Rider "fuck you this is the path I believe in, you have no right to preach your bullshit selfish ideals to me". I also hate how the series glorifies Rider's selfish ways as "this is how a king should be" when that is completely subjective to the ruler at hand. I don't get what the story is trying to say by presenting Rider as this guy who is always right. Is the message that "being a tyrant is good if you're fair and kind to your people"? What a load of crap. Gen rarely misses, but this episode is truly a massive failure for him.

People really be thinking this episode is peak just cause "muh philosophy" whilst ignoring how the message is ridiculous, and the way it's conveyed is unrealistically preachy.
I totally understand you. And worst thing is all these folks praising him as if he is the ultimate truth. Kings are remembered for their honor, not greed.

Can't blame them, saber is shown to be wrong in tropey way. Instead, she could've just stand by her ideals. Then, I bet those praising rider will be left with confused faces.

Author only wants to force their propaganda which is presenting rider in right light, meanwhile, saber is being looked down.
Feb 16, 2023 3:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Rider defeat Assassin with his noble phantasm, bringing Assassin out from the shadows and onto his turf of the desert plains, where his mass armies and loyal followers await. Well-deserved too, Rider just wanted to share a drink with them, to which they rudely declined, and also ruined his new shirt.

But Rider also defeats Saber, with “You saved your people, but you did not lead them.”

I remember thinking this episode was boring, one of the worst ones, because all there was was talk. Now, I think this might be the best episode of both seasons. This clash of ideals was riveting to watch, with Rider coming out on top; for now at least.

And of course you gotta love Gilgamesh who is just calmly sitting there throughout it all, apart from the odd remark or two.

Anyway, that was whatever version that was on Crunchyroll. The extended cut looks to be FIVE minutes longer. I’ll be back after watching it, to see if there’s anything significant that was missed.

edit: So nothing of utmost importance seems to have been cut out, but the scenes that were omitted sure help round out the episode even better. For one, Tokiomi and Kotomei discussing sending Assassin in to gauge Rider's strength. No major points were left out, but a few lines here and there which did flesh out their conversation even a bit more. Gilgamesh has a little more to say, most importantly being him commenting on Saber's expression looking like a virgin who was just deflowered in bed. To which he goes: ME LIKEY. Also I'm not going to bother to go back and check, but I think they also left out Gilgamesh saying that he will be the one to kill Rider himself, to which Rider enthusiastically accepts. More or less small things, but it still elevates each scene. Gonna ditch crunchyroll. The next episode looks to be 4 minutes longer than whatever TV version crunchyroll has decided to have.
BetaMaleUltraFeb 16, 2023 4:04 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 16, 2023 3:48 AM

Jul 2011
I never thought Rider was cool until today!
Apr 4, 2023 9:36 PM
Feb 2021
Iskandar kinda reminds me of Zodd. Both Saber and Iskandar are right. Iskandar significantly more so, but Saber has a more well rounded goal than Iskandar, she just needs to take more pride in carrying it out. Assassin is perma dead or significantly weaker now too, Idk how anyone other than Caster or Gilgamesh could beat the entire fucking Macedonian army, and it would really be a struggle for both of them. Mayber berserker could do it, but we've just seen nothing from him.
Jun 24, 2023 7:41 PM
Jul 2021
This "King" chicks LMAO, one of the best oxymoron/anachronism I've seen. It got to be the fault of the patriarchy somewhere ain't it? LMAO!

Anyway this chicks is annoying AF! She talks all high and mighty but in the end she doesn't deliver anything but meaningless words and like always it's the job of the boys to finish the race.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 24, 2023 10:53 PM
Jul 2023
Probably the best episode so far! The dialogue was extremely well written, and it was so interesting to see the three kings view on ruling. Saber's internal conflict in realising she is not the king she thought she was was tragic and a great scene.
- Rider's noble phantasm is so cool!
- Finally, a servant has been killed. (Maybe)
Aug 15, 2023 8:13 AM
Nov 2019
Best episode of the season for me
Aug 30, 2023 7:31 PM

Dec 2022
Def Best episode so far for this season!
Rider's noble phantasm is way too goated and so because of that Assassin proceeds to just take even more L's throughout this season it's kinda embarassing XD
Plus never thought just a pure heavy dialogue episode would be this epic.

Nov 23, 2023 11:37 PM
May 2023
Rider's talk down to Saber was honestly wise and insightful
Dec 1, 2023 7:22 PM

Nov 2023
my favorite episode so far ongfrfr
Dec 2, 2023 12:56 PM
Dec 2021
the phantasam was epic but IDK this conversation didn't flow brilliantly. I can't work out Gilgamesh's ideology other than Oh well i'm great. And a lot of what Rider said felt weak but some had merit. I understand why Sabre was so pissed off as he basically said, well its your fault and you were bad but IDK I feel she would have a stronger mentality. Oh well, onto the next episode and fate is still great
Dec 7, 2023 10:24 AM

Jan 2017
My God what a dialogue!
This episode definitely has to be the best Fate episode ever.

Also poor Saber getting roasted so hard, at this point I'm wondering why is she even there in Fate Zero!?
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jan 16, 3:11 PM
Mar 2023
iskandar demostrando porque es el mejor personaje,nada nuevo
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - May 21

38 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jun 5, 11:37 AM

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

19 by Ashikhi »»
May 25, 5:39 AM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.