Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Mar 2, 2021 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
ssjokg said:
Borshta said:

Oops, was it abt sakura?

Sakura, Zouken's existence(but well who cares about that one), Ilya

Was this a big spoiler for heaven's feel?
removed-userMar 2, 2021 7:42 AM
Mar 2, 2021 7:46 AM

Aug 2009
Borshta said:
ssjokg said:

Sakura, Zouken's existence(but well who cares about that one), Ilya

ssjokgMar 2, 2021 8:21 AM
Mar 2, 2021 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
ssjokg said:
Borshta said:

Hey the spoiler isn't tagged properly
removed-userMar 2, 2021 8:07 AM
Mar 2, 2021 8:22 AM

Aug 2009
Borshta said:
ssjokg said:

Hey the spoiler isn't tagged properly
Thanks for the heads up.
Jul 26, 2021 11:08 AM
Nov 2019
It’s a smooth 7 for me..idk it was something about shirou that just kept pissin me off. Yet it did see some type of characters development
Aug 25, 2021 10:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, not going to lie, this was a pretty good finale and got me sad but the show as a whole was a totally different story. I knew coming into this entry that it is the weakest among the main storylines but it was kind of worse than I imagined, in all honesty.

Narrative-wise, the ideas seemed interesting but the execution really paled in comparison, if you ask me. Didn't really get a few bits too and the pacing was horrendous. Although the romance between Saber and Shirou was fine-to-good, most other things were a miss, sadly.

Character-wise, there were a few interesting characters, such as best girl Saber, best winger Rin & cool lad Archer, but I can't say I was wholly impressed. MC was seriously intolerable for most of the way through, for one. Enjoyed a bit of the antics early up though, good ol' retro feeling lol.

On the sound department end, a few of the soundtracks and the ED stood out for me. They were certainly pleasing. VA, aside from some of the Western chants, I didn't have much complaints lol. Animation-wise, this last ep was easily the best but for most of the remaining episodes, it was low quality to say the least.

I know Ufotable's adaptions are going to be better but I'm a little skeptical now... Anyway, I'll try not to let that influence my experience. Off to UBW now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 21, 2021 1:15 AM

Aug 2018
3rd time through was even better than the prior 2 times. I’ve come to see it as a dark, brooding masterpiece.
Sep 25, 2021 8:51 PM

Jun 2020
ite ima b reviewing muh f8 watch order 😐😑
Oct 21, 2021 10:18 AM
Aug 2017
The journey is finally over. The anime had it's flaws such as Shirou being so naive but all in all it was an enjoyable experience. I am sad that Saber couldn't stay but still a satisfying ending. I don't understand why Shirou didn't take a photo with Saber to remember her but whatever.

Opening and ending didn't stand out but the soundtrack made up for it.

9/10
Oct 22, 2021 5:46 AM

Jan 2017
OceanStream13 said:
I am sad that Saber couldn't stay but still a satisfying ending.

In case you don't know , there is a bonus Epilogue for Saber.
It's called "Last Episode : End of the Dream"

Visual Novel version.
Manga version. (It spoil Unlimited Blade Works !)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 22, 2021 7:48 AM
Aug 2017
Alexioos95 said:
OceanStream13 said:
I am sad that Saber couldn't stay but still a satisfying ending.

In case you don't know , there is a bonus Epilogue for Saber.
It's called "Last Episode : End of the Dream"

Visual Novel version.
Manga version. (It spoil Unlimited Blade Works !)

Cheers mate I think I'll check it out. Saber ftw
Apr 30, 2022 9:54 AM

Oct 2021
Mixed Feelings...
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Apr 30, 2022 7:19 PM
Apr 2022
Done. What's next?
May 1, 2022 5:30 AM

Jan 2017
LeoTWW said:
What's next?

There is an Epilogue that didn't got adapted : Last Episode - End Of The Dream.
After that , watch the Unlimited Blade Works TV Series.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jun 5, 2022 10:23 AM

Feb 2020
Such a bittersweet ending. Loved it just as much as I did when reading the visual novel.

Jun 8, 2022 12:07 PM
Nov 2020
Hope she sees the continuation of her dream...

Ahh why people are hating it, just cuz if animation, come on man like this was made in 2006 what are u expecting a fucking Fate heavens animation???
A good series with a good end... Now time for FATE/ZERO
Jun 13, 2022 10:29 PM
May 2021
I don't know anythink about visual novel but this is actually good and I especially like the music.First 20 are my favourite somewhat dissappointed with last four episode maybe because I'm not a fan of action of this fate version but still they are not that bad.
Sep 10, 2022 2:49 PM
Jun 2022
I miss saber and shiro on this route so much! I miss them .
Nov 12, 2022 12:25 PM
May 2019
Perfect and Perfect
Nov 15, 2022 11:57 PM
Nov 2022
because other stay night series animation is too good, i hope fate 2006 will got remake
Dec 29, 2022 5:37 PM
Oct 2021
.nbvcghghhxcjhbvgjhdhjc
May 4, 2023 6:03 AM
Jan 2021
I liked this route, I thing Sakura was left behind in this one, mas over all it was good, would be good if they make a remake.
May 24, 2023 7:15 PM

Dec 2007
this was one of the saddest anime ending i ever watched :(
though on some manner, it was expected that syber would gone.
still, this episode made the right emotion pack.
and at least rin could have shirou all for herself. lol

at the end of the day though, i wonder what is destroying the holy grail worth for. isn't the holy grail war supposed to be happening again anyway? i feel they didn't explained that. after all, even shirou's father destroyed it, so why it should be any difference?
but maybe because, as kiri said, it was supposed to be fully materialised now, that it would be the truly ending for the holy grail war?
(and maybe that's why there were so many of them)

still, i can't believe that after all of this, we haven't truly seen the holy grail itself lol.

this was very fine anime. the pace was pretty slow on the first 10 episodes, but once the pace picked up, the all character development in the 10 first episodes were worth any second.
shirou and syber might be one of the best anime couples i had seen.
the art wasn't the best, there were some more than average amount of episodes that was entirely bad. but the animation most of the time didn't failed.
the OST though, that was amazing.

i still feel there's more to the story than FSN showed, but i guess i would find those in the other series. can't wait.

8/10
May 25, 2023 1:08 AM

Jan 2017
User-Name said:
at the end of the day though, i wonder what is destroying the holy grail worth for. isn't the holy grail war supposed to be happening again anyway? i feel they didn't explained that. after all, even shirou's father destroyed it, so why it should be any difference?

By destroying it here , no one will be able to use it for the next 10 years , but yes , it'll appear again.
Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo is a Spin-Off Light Novel which is about completely dismantling the Holy Grail , so it may interest you once you finished the Animes.

User-Name said:
shirou and syber might be one of the best anime couples i had seen.

I definetely agree.
If you have time , i'd suggest you to play the Visual Novel , there is some more scenes (Developing/Romantic) about the two of them , on top of the Last Episode , an Epilogue of the series about them. (You can also watch it on Youtube.)
There is also Hollow Ataraxia , a Sequel Slice-Of-Life with all the characters of the series , and there is many funny/romantic moments.

User-Name said:
i still feel there's more to the story than FSN showed, but i guess i would find those in the other series. can't wait.

Yes , a lot more.
Fate/Stay Night basically splitted his story into 3 Routes , so everytime you'll experience one , you'll learn/understand a lot of new things on characters/concepts you think you already knew perfectly.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
May 25, 2023 8:43 AM

Dec 2007
Alexioos95 said:
By destroying it here , no one will be able to use it for the next 10 years , but yes , it'll appear again.
in other words, it was kinda pointless. shouldn't they got the holy grail only to "destroy the war once and for all?"
Alexioos95 said:
If you have time , i'd suggest you to play the Visual Novel , there is some more scenes (Developing/Romantic) about the two of them , on top of the Last Episode , an Epilogue of the series about them. (You can also watch it on Youtube.)
unfortunately i'm not that into VN.
(i got back to anime only lately lol)
but maybe i will take your suggestion to watch it on youtube
Alexioos95 said:
Yes , a lot more.
Fate/Stay Night basically splitted his story into 3 Routes , so everytime you'll experience one , you'll learn/understand a lot of new things on characters/concepts you think you already knew perfectly.
well, UTBW is next in order
(right after the recaps, which i'm watching only because it's attached to the batch. lol)

(i'm following the suggested order here:  https://myanimelist.net/stacks/217 )
May 25, 2023 9:03 AM

Jan 2017
User-Name said:
in other words, it was kinda pointless.

They still stopped Kirei (or potentially someone else) to get the Grail for themselves.
But yes , Fate doesn't shine much in its story , but in characters and lore. (And as i said , there is a Spin-Off which treats about completely suppressing the Holy Grail.)

User-Name said:
but maybe i will take your suggestion to watch it on youtube

A few months ago , someone made a Web Version of the Visual Novel , so it can also be an option.

User-Name said:
(i'm following the suggested order here:  https://myanimelist.net/stacks/217 )

Yeah , the guides made by cjessop19 are quite good.

But i don't like how he mix some pieces of the story tho , for example , he recommend Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan (Slice-Of-Life Parody) after UBW (Route 2) , then Fate/Prototype (A short OVA about what the prototype of the Visual Novel was) and then into HF (Route 3) & Zero (Prequel)...

I personally prefer to watch the complete Main Story before going into Parodies/Spin-Offs/What If scenarios.
So i made a Guide Order myself that i can simply copy/paste when someone ask for the watch order. (With some explanations , maybe it can interest you.)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
May 25, 2023 1:24 PM

Aug 2020
Yea, theres just a lotta details you need to lookup even after finishing all the anime.
Keep scrolling
May 27, 2023 12:37 PM

Dec 2007
Alexioos95 said:
I personally prefer to watch the complete Main Story before going into Parodies/Spin-Offs/What If scenarios.
i'm not following exactly one by one this guide. but first watching the fate series, and after that i will see if i will continue more on this frenchise.

(and btw, i'm myself part of @cjessop19 club, and made myself guides for the club and interest stack, you are invited to check it out)
Jun 20, 2023 8:52 AM
Feb 2022
Really good ending, best fate/stay night route specially the VN
Jul 7, 2023 1:19 PM
Mar 2023
WOW Interesting wow
Jul 24, 2023 3:30 PM
Aug 2021
É isso, acabou. Shirou até que num foi um protagonista horrível no final do dia.
Aug 9, 2023 6:59 AM
Jul 2023
I didn't expect heaps but that was a great ending.
- The art was amazing!
- A lil stupid how Kerei kinda just let a kid run at him with a knife and stab him but eh
- Ah so it didn't explode because they destroyed the greater grail this time.
- I really loved that ending scene with Artoria and her subject. Very touching with her returning to her reality, having her sword taken away and then dream, which is something the show states Servants cannot do.
Aug 21, 2023 6:47 PM

Dec 2022
This was a pretty nice conclusion while not that great but i understand and agree the pacing was wacky at times and characters were a bit sloppy between one and another but overall, it's between 7.5 to 7.8 but guess i'll give it an 8.

Nevertheless, I'm still interested in continuing to the prequel that is Fate/Zero and UBW soon followed by Heaven's Feel after that.

Sep 27, 2023 12:55 AM
Jan 2022
A primeira metade é bem ruinzinha, mas o romance da Saber com o Shirou é bom demais. Final muito bom, fez o anime valer a pena. Ps: Gilgamesh brilhou denovo.
Jan 12, 10:23 PM

Aug 2018
4th time through of my favorite of the Fate.
Feb 9, 8:14 AM
Jul 2023
Just an perrfect episode ✓
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.