Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2014 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
DawnJ said:
The Shaft style animation in Nisekoi is pretty much watered down. And yet fanboys are praising for Shaft being Shaft. How sweet of irony it is...

Anyway, there's another reason other than animation style. Shaft has never been good at drama(while JC is pro at it). T3h v1su4l(which isn't even decent in this case) cannot be the salvation at all. I'm sick of Shaft fanboys who've only watched Monogatari series and MaMaMa.

I actually think the reception of the SHAFT style is polarized. I read people saying it didn't fit and looked awkward as much as I read people saying they liked it and are watching it because of SHAFT.
Jan 12, 2014 9:48 PM
Dec 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
The Shaft treatment was surprising and in my opinion a bit unnecessary. Nisekoi stood out as a manga for me like Oreimo and ToraDora. Both were animated well and turned into great hits.

I don't see why people insist that Shafting a typical romcom makes it "that much better".

The Shaft treatment works for shows with lots of meaningful dialogue like Monogatari. What made those shows special was the fact that those shows were more talk and internal thought process than action most of the time.

It doesn't work for a typical rom-com, I feel like the characteristics for each character portrayed in the manga seems a bit lacking and dull in the anime after the Shaft process. For one, Chitoge's reactions were way more fun and over-the-top in the manga, after watching her in the first episode I just didn't feel the same craziness which the manga has, she seemed way too controlled. If anything it made her and Onodera's characters a bit more dull than the ones shown in the manga.

I'll have to say I would have preferred the "normal" animation to the current Shaft treatment.

Oreimo and ToraDora had some actual plot and originality (or attempt at originality) behind it. The Nisekoi manga pretty much is the most cliche, generic romcom ever made but it stood out because of like you said Komi Naoshi's art and the craziness the manga had. A "normal" Nisekoi anime would have been terrible because without the Shaft craziness the series is completely mediocre.
Jan 12, 2014 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
sherlock5545 said:
Since I read the manga, I wouldn't have watched it if someone else was animating it. Shaft animating it is the most important factor. The way they handled the animation is perfect. Period.

I have to agree with this SHAFT basically attracted a new audience to this story. The manga isn't that great that most people find it boring. But with SHAFT the story take on a new level. Well I honestly think that. But in the end only the result will tell.
Jan 12, 2014 11:17 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
In my opinion, it's a little more restrained, the tone is a bit different but the dash of colour added seemed to be a good thing for the first episode at least. The story comes off rather flat for me but when I consider whether I want SHAFT animation or not, in most cases I'd prefer a more ordinary approach for this genre. Since the underlying concept of this anime doesn't seem to be tremendously good in the first place though, I almost feel like this is a pet project for them.

I think given a few more episodes, the approach to the series will be pretty evident, whether it's enhancing the storytelling or making a load of crap look nice and fancy we'll see.
Jan 12, 2014 11:39 PM
Jun 2013
I freaking love SHAFT-styled animation, this is no different.

Thank you based SHAFT.
Jan 12, 2014 11:53 PM

Dec 2013
i think i see whats happening here.

half the people are watching because they like the manga, and half the people are here because they like SHAFT... but these are turning out to be two fairly separate groups. and in general: (empahsis on "in general")

fans of the manga tend to be the sort that find SHAFT's style to be pretentious or superfluous, and are thus disappointed with the production

fans of SHAFT tend to be the sort that find the original Nisekoi manga to be generic, shallow, and unoriginal, and are thus disappointed with the plot.
Jan 13, 2014 12:05 AM

Apr 2012
wtf is "normal" animation

Jan 13, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2012
I hate most SHAFTed shows, but I actually enjoy the artistic style of this one more than I did something like Monogatari or Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
Jan 13, 2014 1:32 AM

Aug 2013
thedryness said:
i think i see whats happening here.

half the people are watching because they like the manga, and half the people are here because they like SHAFT... but these are turning out to be two fairly separate groups. and in general: (empahsis on "in general")

fans of the manga tend to be the sort that find SHAFT's style to be pretentious or superfluous, and are thus disappointed with the production

fans of SHAFT tend to be the sort that find the original Nisekoi manga to be generic, shallow, and unoriginal, and are thus disappointed with the plot.

What about me, sir? I like both Nisekoi manga and SHAFT style
Jan 13, 2014 1:42 AM

Aug 2010
The so called "normal animation" takes up the overwhelming majority of shows in every given season (with the occasional exceptions of course) so I'm really glad to have the distinct SHAFT and Shinbou Akiyuki style. The visual media can be used in so, so many ways yet most shows stick to the basic formula. I'd love to see more experimentation within anime, sure some would be bad but I'm sure we would only win in the long run.
Jan 13, 2014 1:58 AM

Jan 2013
Shinbou style doesn't have anything experimental(yet it had though). It has existed more than 10 years and is pretty much settled, so it's no longer new or fresh unless you're pretty new to animes. He uses the same elements over and over, saves budget, and hits(Bakemonogatari) or misses(most of his other works).
DawnJJan 13, 2014 2:01 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 13, 2014 2:13 AM

Dec 2013
Hisoutensoku said:

What about me, sir? I like both Nisekoi manga and SHAFT style

thedryness said:

emphasis on "in general"
Jan 13, 2014 2:24 AM

Feb 2013
I like the manga and I watch the anime only because it's Shaft.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jan 13, 2014 2:46 AM
Dec 2013
GUY WHAT DOES SHAFT MEAN?!! >.<
Jan 13, 2014 2:50 AM

Feb 2013
ScazoN said:

Shaft is the animation studio that's doing this anime.
Jan 13, 2014 3:14 AM

Feb 2012
Shaft is art
Jan 13, 2014 3:29 AM

Dec 2013
Manga is better >.>
Jan 13, 2014 3:31 AM

Jun 2008
scytheavatar said:
A "normal" Nisekoi anime would have been terrible because without the Shaft craziness the series is completely mediocre.

Just conjecture added with personal bias. Still doesn't explain anything why Shaft animation works besides just being an excuse to watch Nisekoi.

Keep in mind that I never said I dislike Shaft's style, but I'm questioning the people who says that "this works better" than your average animation.

I am personally on the "why is Shaft doing this, this doesn't suit them, and that has made them to watered down their animation" side

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 13, 2014 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
Anything is fit for Shaft animation, you just aren't used to see it too often. Quit the bashing guys, the animation is perfect and makes it more enjoyable to watch. The manga is great too, you don't need it to be absolutely original to stand out. As long as you enjoy reading it, it's fine.
Jan 13, 2014 5:46 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
DawnJ said:
The Shaft style animation in Nisekoi is pretty much watered down. And yet fanboys are praising for Shaft being Shaft. How sweet of irony it is...

I remember Arakawa being a Shaft anime and not having those unique visuals.
Jan 13, 2014 6:45 AM

Jun 2010
To be honest, I prefer the normal animation for Nisekoi but it's not like the Shaft-style animation was bad. In fact, it was awesome. I just think the normal animation suits the series better but either way is fine and I believe Shaft will deliver.

I read the manga and I like Shaft. Just need to get use to it.
Jan 13, 2014 7:02 AM

Jun 2013
well the problem here is, despite it's popularity, Nisekoi is no more than your average romcom

if Nisekoi animated with studio other Shaft (which is in my personal view, is totally different in terms of style with the other notable studio like KyoAni/JC Staff/A1) it'll be utterly bland

i mean, look, there's too much romcom out there. without any X factor (in this case, animation), nisekoi has no chance against currently airing romcom like chuuninbyou, witch craft work, or golden time IMO

unlike KyoAani/A1, whose occasionally sacrifice story aspect only to moe-ing the character, Shaft is good at balancing the charm of the character (look at Nisekoi's Onodera) and the depth of story , monogatari for example

JC Staff, on the other hand, is good at story aspect, but most of them comes with bland, cheap animation

for me, Shaft is an ideal studio for Nisekoi, which has crazy comedies and crazy conversations, something that Shaft is excellent at
eau-wreck-uhJan 13, 2014 7:13 AM
Jan 13, 2014 7:23 AM

Jun 2010
reyhangustira said:

i mean, look, there's too much romcom out there. without any X factor (in this case, animation), nisekoi has no chance against currently airing romcom like chuuninbyou, witch craft work, or golden time IMO

No chance against witch craft work nor golden time? What?

And you seriously think KyoAni is in the same level as A-1?

Wow.
Jan 13, 2014 8:35 AM

Nov 2012
what are you talking about?!
shaft to be normal art? meh... just dream about it.. shaft always different with all.. they has their own special :3
dont tell me you really dont like it :/
even the school almost look a like with school from adaptation from monogatari series XD
Jan 13, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2008
sherlock5545 said:
Quit the bashing guys, the animation is perfect and makes it more enjoyable to watch..

What makes it perfect? what makes it "work" much more than normal animation?
Try answering that without sounding like Nisekoi needs a crutch named SHAFT.

reyhangustira said:
if Nisekoi animated with studio other Shaft (which is in my personal view, is totally different in terms of style with the other notable studio like KyoAni/JC Staff/A1) it'll be utterly bland

Love Hina, by Production IG
Seto No Hanayome by Gonzo
Both are in the suggestions, and both are well received. Also:
Toradora by JC Staff
School Rumble by Studio Comet
Nyan-Koi by AIC

Do these Romcom title needs "SHAFT" to work?
No, and that's a fact.

Still everyone who said yes failed to explain why SHAFT would work better besides fanboying and Sucking SHAFT's...shaft.

Jan 13, 2014 9:10 AM

Jul 2013
I think everyone would have is own opinion but c'mon different is better, where is the point if every anime's animation looks the same XD

makarov52 said:
what are you talking about?!
shaft to be normal art? meh... just dream about it.. shaft always different with all.. they has their own special :3
dont tell me you really dont like it :/
even the school almost look a like with school from adaptation from monogatari series XD

Hahaha, and also the head movements looked very similar to the movements that Senjougahara uses to do XD
Jan 13, 2014 9:22 AM

Jun 2008
Estiviwinkinson said:
I think everyone would have is own opinion but c'mon different is better, where is the point if every anime's animation looks the same XD

But what makes different better?
What's so different about Nisekoi that it needs to be different from other romcoms?
Is Nisekoi so forgettable that it needs a crutch? (Nisekoi is still one of the newest long running romcoms titles still serializing in Shonen Jump )

My problem is not those opinions but the lack of explanation behind those opinions.

Also to anyone who says that Nisekoi is bland/forgettable that's just your personal bias talking, it's manga sales have surpassed the sales of To Love Ru's original manga series when it was still in Shonen Jump. (It's now in Jump SQ, different magazine under the same company)
kaimaxJan 13, 2014 9:39 AM

Jan 13, 2014 9:41 AM

Jul 2013
kaimax said:
Estiviwinkinson said:

What's so different about Nisekoi that it needs to be different from other romcoms?
Is Nisekoi so forgettable that it needs a crutch?

My problem is not those opinions but the lack logic and lack explanation behind those opinions.

Sorry but it was only a opinion about how the animation looked for me. I personally haven't read the manga so the few I know of the story it's what I have seen. If you want to know my opinion I always have thought that animation is a very important aspect so the better or different it is the more special the anime could be. Obviously is not the only fact and the anime could be a master piece without it, but for me is like i said "different is better". A different animation than usual could be atractive and makes the anime look different than the whole other romances at least in the animation XD
Jan 13, 2014 9:42 AM
Oct 2009
First 2 min of watching - so excited knowing im gonna be watching 1 of my favourite manga animated.

First 5 minutes of watching - Feeling somewhat familiar and not good (Preparing for crash landing).

5-23 min - Chitoge knee kick (Impact confirm,SHAFT have landed) "Ermahgerd it SHAFT, it frekin SHAFT...WHY SHAFT...it a rom-com for godsake, whydestroy it with SHAFT

The OP Shaft+Claris - somehow it feel totally weird

Will watch this, but keep my expectation low, i don't really hate it just damn disappointed that they choosing SHAFT for rom-something.....just something.i hope it don't kill the excitement much with it signature move like neck turning 45°.

It just a rant, but i will sure to see what shaft will deliver it to the end.
panzer101Jan 13, 2014 10:09 AM
Jan 13, 2014 9:45 AM

Feb 2013
kaimax said:
Estiviwinkinson said:

Is Nisekoi so forgettable that it needs a crutch? (Nisekoi is still one of the newest long running romcoms titles still serializing in Shonen Jump )

My problem is not those opinions but the lack of explanation behind those opinions.

Also to anyone who says that Nisekoi is bland/forgettable that's just your personal bias talking, it's manga sales have surpassed the sales of To Love Ru's original manga series when it was still in Shonen Jump. (It's now in Jump SQ, different magazine under the same company)

You seem to miss the whole point. Would Shaft make it worse? No, the animation is perfect as it is. My post was countering those who said Shaft's animation couldn't work out with this anime, which is utter bullshit. It works, and it certainly has a positive impact on Nisekoi. The first thing that stands out are exactly the backgrounds. What's so different? Nothing. Does it have to be special to deserve Shaft's attention? No.

You people seem to believe only peculiar shows fit Shaft's way of doing things.
Jan 13, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
I expected a different animation also
but I like this kind of animation that was used in 'Monogatari Series'
is still too early to tell, but I hope to continue to maintain the quality of the manga
and add new points to the plot ..
_______

eu esperava uma animação diferente também
mas gosto deste tipo de animação, que foi usado em 'Monogatari Series'
ainda é cedo demais para dizer, mas espero que continue a manter a qualidade do mangá
e acrescente novos pontos ao enredo ..
Jan 13, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2008
sherlock5545 said:
You seem to miss the whole point. Would Shaft make it worse? No, the animation is perfect as it is. My post was countering those who said Shaft's animation couldn't work out with this anime, which is utter bullshit. It works, and it certainly has a positive impact on Nisekoi. The first thing that stands out are exactly the backgrounds. What's so different? Nothing. Does it have to be special to deserve Shaft's attention? No.

You're missing MY point, because I never said it would make it worse. I just want some solid answers from these people claiming it's "perfect".

Why is it perfect? What makes it perfect?
What is this positive impact you're talking about?
If there's no difference then why are you saying that Shafts animation is perfect for this anime? what's wrong with normal type animations?
If it isn't special, why are people making it sound that Nisekoi will flop without Shaft?

Opinions still needs a good explanation, if you can't do that that's just the same as pulling stuff out of your ass.

Jan 13, 2014 11:41 AM

Feb 2013
kaimax said:
sherlock5545 said:

You're missing MY point, because I never said it would make it worse. I just want some solid answers from these people claiming it's "perfect".

If there's no difference then why are you saying that Shafts animation is perfect for this anime? what's wrong with normal type animations?
If it isn't special, why are people making it sound that Nisekoi will flop without Shaft?

Opinions still needs a good explanation, if you can't do that that's just the same as pulling stuff out of your ass.

Why does it matter? Any animation style would be fine, however, Shaft's technique is more peculiar, it's pleasant and it certainly gives off a different impression to the anime. Mind me, I'm not talking about the plot itself, that would be the same regardless of animation styles.

I like Shaft's way of doing things, so to me it's nice to have a manga I like to be animated by them. Two preys with on stone, win-win.

Your questions are a concatenation on whys which'd never end. So, let me rephrase, why would Nisekoi NOT need Shaft?
Jan 13, 2014 11:46 AM

Nov 2009
My opinion may be unwanted on this heated debate you are having over Shaft being not good for this kind of show but here I go.

I'm quite the Shaft fan and I've also read the manga to what's been translated.

Havig said that I must say that yeah, I'm somewhat confused about Shaft's approach to the series. There where nice moments and bad moments during hte whole episode. The prime example of a good moment being the beginning sequence of the promise and Chitoge's landing on Raku. But there where some bad touches like the sparkling some escenes had and the overall design of the school's indoors. That isn't a normal highschool which was one of the important points in the manga.

Just now, I'm simply expectant of what can happen in the future. Seems like Shaft is seriously taking a bet and trying to redefine what is a romcom harem anime.

What everyone must get excited with, in my humble opinion, is that someone is trying to do this. The harem genre is getting stale atm and SHAFT putting their hands on the fire for something like this is something I'm grateful to then.

I wonder if the whole season has been done already or they are waiting to get some reaction from the viewers.

Of course there is also the possiblity, and it has the bigger chance, that this will be a disaster but hey, better trying that not letting it rot.
Jan 13, 2014 1:23 PM

Jun 2013
-MgZ_ said:
reyhangustira said:

No chance against witch craft work nor golden time? What?

And you seriously think KyoAni is in the same level as A-1?

Wow.

i'm not trying to comparing those 2 studio, i'm an avid KyoAni fan FYI
what i want to talk about is, those 2 studio often moe-ing show, which is sacrificing the depth of story itself

kaimax said:
sherlock5545 said:
Quit the bashing guys, the animation is perfect and makes it more enjoyable to watch..

What makes it perfect? what makes it "work" much more than normal animation?
Try answering that without sounding like Nisekoi needs a crutch named SHAFT.

reyhangustira said:

Love Hina, by Production IG
Seto No Hanayome by Gonzo
Both are in the suggestions, and both are well received. Also:
Toradora by JC Staff
School Rumble by Studio Comet
Nyan-Koi by AIC

Do these Romcom title needs "SHAFT" to work?
No, and that's a fact.

Still everyone who said yes failed to explain why SHAFT would work better besides fanboying and Sucking SHAFT's...shaft.

agree, not all the romcom need Shaft to work, but just read Nisekoi's manga a chapter or two, Nisekoi is...like this guy said

scytheavatar said:
You guys haven't been paying attention.... the manga itself is famous for all the head tilts, reaction faces and slapstick humor, it's more or less in the same vein as any typical Shaft series and is the perfect target for the Shaft style. It would have made for a mediocre anime if not for Shaft saving it.

that's why normal treatment won't show it's full potentials

and then, the romcom you've just shown to me is ,well let's see...love hina (2000), Seto No Hanayome (2007), ToraDora (2008), NyanKoi (2009)...

yeah as you see that , all of them have around 5-10 years before the time Nisekoi getting animated, of course it'll be worse if Nisekoi is executed with the same methods with the show you're comparing to
OVanBruce said:

Just now, I'm simply expectant of what can happen in the future. Seems like Shaft is seriously taking a bet and trying to redefine what is a romcom harem anime.

this is what i really want to expect from Nisekoi

eau-wreck-uhJan 13, 2014 1:45 PM
Jan 13, 2014 1:35 PM

Apr 2009
I thought the episode was so average that the only saving grace was the Shaft's animation/style.
Jan 13, 2014 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
sherlock5545 said:
why would Nisekoi NOT need Shaft?

Simple as in there are other anime studios that have been proven able to handle romance comedy and have a longer experience dealing with it. In reality Nisekoi's material is so easy that it could work with any studio including Shaft.
Keep in mind that my questions were born from people who claims that "Shaft is perfect for Nisekoi" and "Without Shaft Nisekoi is bland and not memorable"

Now it's your turn again to try and answer my questions, don't try to shrug away my answers by asking back.

Please try to remove any personal preferences on your answers because it's irrelevant.

reyhangustira said:
that's why normal treatment won't show it's full potentials

and then, the romcom you've just shown to me is ,well let's see...love hina (2000), Seto No Hanayome (2007), ToraDora (2008), NyanKoi (2009)...

yeah as you see that , all of them have around 5-10 years before the time Nisekoi getting animated, of course it'll be worse if Nisekoi is executed with the same methods with the show you're comparing to

In what way normal animations hinders it's full potential?
Do you honestly think because "oh the manga has head tilts,reaction faces and slapstick" it's suddenly a show suited for Shaft?
Then why was Seto no Hanayome received well by the public, when it's not done by shaft who someone claims it's the perfect target for shaft?
How can it be worse for Nisekoi, if it's been proven for 5-10 years that shows like that has been received well?
Why the sudden decision that the same setting won't work for Nisekoi?

Please try to remove any personal preferences on your answers because it's irrelevant.
kaimaxJan 13, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 13, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2011
I don't really care that much

As long as I understand what happening in the story and the animation quality is decent I don't really care what "style" they use. Obviously, if it's something as bad as "naruto vs pain" style then yes I would be upset but so far it's nothing that critical.
Jan 13, 2014 3:08 PM
Jan 2013
Honestly, getting shafted is imho the best thing that can happen to Nisekoi. Gives it an edge over other romcoms, too.
I also hope that SHAFT will save it from ending up like manga. Not art-wise, but plot-wise. This is a much more important issue than some petty animation preferences.
Leave it to JCStaff, and you'll get another Golden Time. With the same issues, most likely.
Jan 13, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
ambient said:
Honestly, getting shafted is imho the best thing that can happen to Nisekoi. Gives it an edge over other romcoms, too.
I also hope that SHAFT will save it from ending up like manga. Not art-wise, but plot-wise. This is a much more important issue than some petty animation preferences.
Leave it to JCStaff, and you'll get another Golden Time. With the same issues, most likely.

Or you'll get another Negima. I love how blind fanboys tend to forget bombed animations created by Shaft existed. Or, they never watched any Shaft anime other than Monogatari series and Madoka.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 13, 2014 3:31 PM

Dec 2009
Doesn't matter about what art I prefer.
Its about the story and characters, not the art. Except if it's really old though, sometimes.
Jan 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
I felt like the over artsy-ness doesn't really suit this series, but I don't really care tbh.
Jan 13, 2014 4:48 PM
Dec 2013
sherlock5545 said:
ScazoN said:

Shaft is the animation studio that's doing this anime.

ohhh thanks , i guess everyone hates it :/
Jan 13, 2014 4:58 PM
Nov 2013
Well then, I'm a newbie in the anime world so forgive me as I have no idea what's going on, but is what studio is animating it really that disturbing?

Let's look at it from one view. Yes, Nisekoi is, deep down, just another generic romcom. Not much you can do about it. The only twist that it gave that pulled me in was, obviously, the Title and what the plot is based around, a fake love or a fake relationship. I, for one, took this as a nice idea on the generic romcom because it's something that I haven't seen a lot. Admittedly, I haven't read many manga or watched many animes, so it may be that I'm missing something, but I highly doubt that this is something that happens often. The only other one that I have heard that tackles the fake relationship part is Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru. Or Oreshura for short. And with the open-endedness that that one ended wrapping up I must admit I was more than willing to try to get one that actually provided me conclusion.

Personal tropes aside, after they settled down in the manga for the fake love thing, yes, it was pretty much just generical romcom as you call it. That doesn't mean I hate it; I like generic romcom, because I like generic romcom. (Circular logic is true, because circular logic is true.) Now APART from that, one of the other things that kept me reading the manga was the really nice artstyle that reeled me in.

Let me ask it under a different light - Does it really matter what studio is animating Nisekoi?

On one hand we have the ones that, like me, like generic romcoms and would watch this were this produced by KyoAni or A1 or J.C Staff or just about anything. On the other hand there are also people that are watching this purely because it's SHAFT.
And then there are those that are disliking it because it's SHAFT.
And there are those that are disliking it because it's a generic romcom.

And some people that are mixed and have partaken in one of those, plus the exceptions that enjoy both the romcom and the SHAFT style and those that dislike both the romcom and the SHAFT style (If you're the latter, why are you here?)

Now, asking in a different light, is it really that much of a deal that SHAFT is the one animating it? It's not like everything SHAFT has done is completely over the top. It doesn't need to be Monogatari or Mahou Shoujo, there are things that are pretty "generic" like Denpa Onna. Just like what reeled me in the manga was the artstyle, I believe the goal here is to get the artstyle to reel people into the Nisekoi anime as well.

As for me, I wouldn't really care what studio is doing it, because I'd probably watch it anyway. However, when all is said and done, at the end of the day I'd rather watch a romcom that has a different art and style than a romcom that has generic art and style. Does it NEED to be SHAFT? No. Does it NEED to be generic? No, it doesn't. Does it NEED to be different? No, not that either.

Stop looking too much into it; it's different because it's different. If this really is just "another generic romcom" for you, then there are plenty of other generic romcoms animated by other studios that are not SHAFT out there for you to follow or even re-watch.

At the end of the day though, I'd rather watch a "generic" romcom that has a slightly different art style than a "generic" romcom that also comes with "generic" art style. Does this mean different is better? No, it just means that I, like many others, like the idea of taking a breather from the "generic" animation and watching Nisekoi, or as a lot call it, a "generic romcom" get done by a studio that is known by having slightly different Art. Just like the art in the manga reeled (possibly) many in, the art is also reeling other people in. There's no need to hate on the people who are watching this just because it's SHAFT just as there is no reason to hate watching it BECAUSE it's shaft and ungeneric.

Eerie and different? Sure. I'll take that anyday. If I want to watch a more generic romcom artstyle I could go ahead and browse through the never ending list. For now though, I'll settle for the different art style in my generic rom com for a slightly refreshing taste.
Jan 13, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
kenshin_sama said:
Not only is it refreshing to see this genre handled differently, but Shaft's animation is still pretty fun. I can see why it would bother some people, but I love the change of pace. Especially considering how the style is different from the manga (I peeked a little). Still, pretty fantastic how Shinbou can maintain his style while keeping faithful to the writing. Guy's a damn genius.

i go with you!
Jan 13, 2014 6:05 PM

May 2013
By the time I watched this I completely forgot it was done by Shaft and didn't realize till 5 minutes i nthat it was Shaft. They definitely toned it down but before I even realized it was done by shaft I couldn't shake the feeling that I loved the artistic direction they were taking in the show. The mark of a truly great company would be their versatility, and that is precisely what we're getting to see here from Shaft. I didn't find it to be awkward at all, but then again I've felt pretty off throughout today.
Jan 13, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2012
Ehhh? I thought it actually fit pretty well. Rather, if it was normal I think it'd be too generic... SHAFT's animation is what makes it so fun to watch.

Jan 13, 2014 6:31 PM

Oct 2012
Zeally said:
wtf is "normal" animation

apparently not SHAFT animation... lol

Jan 13, 2014 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
The animation was one of the strongest points in the first episode in my opinion.
I like shaftstyle.
Jan 13, 2014 7:32 PM

Sep 2011
shaft is kind of obnoxious but i kind of like it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

494 by Shyne_KZ »»
Apr 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

484 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jan 1, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

237 by Term4738 »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2014

286 by nanajp »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

264 by nanajp »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.