Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 4, 2015 8:10 AM

Oct 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Dat plane animation. Top notch 10/10

Lol that's right it was so funny xD just like a shadow play

She did nothing wrong but she got sent to hell? Why? I don't understand
CnonOct 4, 2015 8:19 AM
Nov 16, 2015 12:02 PM

Aug 2012
So messed up!
Feb 19, 2016 4:03 PM

Nov 2015
TopgunUK said:
I didn't need this episode to change my mind about Hell link because not a single person in the show so far has truly deserved eternal torture.

Punishments should be proportionate to the crime, even if you were a crazy person who believes that a wrongdoer should suffer a million times the harm they did to others (and I doubt anyone actually believes this) then someone like Hitler who's both directly and indirectly responsible for the horrible suffering and deaths of millions would suffer horrific torture for perhaps trillions of years (and even for hitler, this would appear extremely excessive to anyone who is thinking even semi-rationally), but a trillion years isn't even a fraction of eternity.

No one can commit infinite crimes in their finite lives and so no matter how heavy handed you are in setting the crime to punishment ratio in your quest for retribution, as long as the punishment is proportional to the finite crimes, it can never be infinite.

Needless to say if the people doing wrong and being sent to hell can't possibly deserve the sentence, the people who use Hell link are making an infinitely unfair deal for themselves also. Paying the price of infinite suffering to rid yourself of a finite grievance is never going to make any kind of sense, and there's no way in hell (literally) that any of these people don't regret making the contract just one minute into their own sentence after death, if not before their sentence has even begun.

Then there's the issue of children being allowed to consent to these contracts, we don't allow children to decide whether they can drive, buy alcohol or have sex and for good reason, yet here they're being trusted to decide whether to sign themselves on for eternal torture.

Also, while some of the ill-deeds used as justification for considering sending someone to hell in previous episodes of this show have been as serious as murder, others have been things like ignoring a friend, trying to get a student to come to school, being a golddigger or stealing a dessert recipe and putting a cake shop out of business.

It's ridiculous.

I'm rendered speechless by the fact that so many people here needed an episode as black and white as this one, where the person sent to hell was not only completely innocent, but didn't even know her "victim" and was shown to be a well-liked and unbelievably nice person, doing a job that actively reduces the suffering of others. Meanwhile the person using Hell Link is some crazy malicious stalker, whose grudge was merely a delusion cooked up in his own head. The fact it took an episode like this for some people to begin acknowledging that there are flaws to the Hell Link system, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Apologies to anyone who makes it through that wall of text but I feel obligated to vent about such glaring issues. And I have to give credit to a show that I can enjoy at all even whilst knowing all this.

Damn right. I honestly was feeling sickwith some of the thought processes and responses from people in previous episode threads. No wonder the world is as it is; lots of people seem to operate on emotions without thinking things through.
Mar 12, 2016 8:35 PM

Mar 2011
People taking the show too seriously... lol
The outcome approaches! I think it would be more exciting if I didn't know there are another two full seasons, though.
Mar 20, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2015
Wow it makes you think how people can just send another people to hell that easily. I feel bad for the nurse.

May 1, 2016 6:43 AM

Feb 2015
Another innocent case and a sad one that is.

This is the kind of cases that reporter should defend... the innocents not the ones who deserve it.
Jul 12, 2016 12:30 PM
May 2016
The whole time I thought that there might be some secret, that the nurse really did something. I think, I the end, it was just that this guy fell in love with her but she wasn't interested...
And I was also thinking about Senatrou... Maybe he was Emna's brother and Tsugumi is the female reincarnation of him? And that's, maybe, why she can see what Emna sees?
Oct 29, 2016 9:48 AM
Aug 2014
Exptected something like this would happen so Tsugumi questions the concept of the jigoko shoujo a bit more.

Still interesting how the other characters saw it.

Even her assistants said it leaves a bad taste and its probably the first time they said something like that.
Jan 7, 2017 11:27 PM

Sep 2013
Wow..that poor freaking nurse! I've been wondering for quite a few episodes if it is possible to send someone to Hell who is innocent and this episode definitely answered that question...!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 25, 2017 3:15 PM

Mar 2013
refael9190 said:
TopgunUK said:
I didn't need this episode to change my mind about Hell link because not a single person in the show so far has truly deserved eternal torture.

Punishments should be proportionate to the crime, even if you were a crazy person who believes that a wrongdoer should suffer a million times the harm they did to others (and I doubt anyone actually believes this) then someone like Hitler who's both directly and indirectly responsible for the horrible suffering and deaths of millions would suffer horrific torture for perhaps trillions of years (and even for hitler, this would appear extremely excessive to anyone who is thinking even semi-rationally), but a trillion years isn't even a fraction of eternity.

No one can commit infinite crimes in their finite lives and so no matter how heavy handed you are in setting the crime to punishment ratio in your quest for retribution, as long as the punishment is proportional to the finite crimes, it can never be infinite.

Needless to say if the people doing wrong and being sent to hell can't possibly deserve the sentence, the people who use Hell link are making an infinitely unfair deal for themselves also. Paying the price of infinite suffering to rid yourself of a finite grievance is never going to make any kind of sense, and there's no way in hell (literally) that any of these people don't regret making the contract just one minute into their own sentence after death, if not before their sentence has even begun.

Then there's the issue of children being allowed to consent to these contracts, we don't allow children to decide whether they can drive, buy alcohol or have sex and for good reason, yet here they're being trusted to decide whether to sign themselves on for eternal torture.

Also, while some of the ill-deeds used as justification for considering sending someone to hell in previous episodes of this show have been as serious as murder, others have been things like ignoring a friend, trying to get a student to come to school, being a golddigger or stealing a dessert recipe and putting a cake shop out of business.

It's ridiculous.

I'm rendered speechless by the fact that so many people here needed an episode as black and white as this one, where the person sent to hell was not only completely innocent, but didn't even know her "victim" and was shown to be a well-liked and unbelievably nice person, doing a job that actively reduces the suffering of others. Meanwhile the person using Hell Link is some crazy malicious stalker, whose grudge was merely a delusion cooked up in his own head. The fact it took an episode like this for some people to begin acknowledging that there are flaws to the Hell Link system, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Apologies to anyone who makes it through that wall of text but I feel obligated to vent about such glaring issues. And I have to give credit to a show that I can enjoy at all even whilst knowing all this.

Damn right. I honestly was feeling sickwith some of the thought processes and responses from people in previous episode threads. No wonder the world is as it is; lots of people seem to operate on emotions without thinking things through.

speaking about a world where hell exist and cry about "bad" people getting send to hell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 20, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2009
Who the hell is that guy?

By the way the plane animation is the best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2017 8:05 PM

Oct 2015
another good person sent to hell huh
Jun 1, 2017 5:16 AM

May 2015
Plane was the real MVP of this episode.

Poor nurese.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 15, 2017 12:34 PM

Jan 2015
Just goes to show how fucked up the Hell link really is that everyone can access it. You can be a delusional psycho and can condemn someone to hell (like a celebrity) who doesnt evne know you but tyou think you know them in your head. Just like that nurse who got sent to hell because of a psycho. Man i bet if you show Jigoku Shoujo to any celeberity I bet everyone will agree that Hell link is their biggest fear. Stalker is scary as it is but imagine a stalker with Hell link? Some scary stuff.

Really felt bad for the girl she was so kind :( and innocent. I can imagine being in her shoes "No i dont wanna go" T_T life is so short and she hasnt fully lived it and she lived such a fullfilling life and for what? :( to now eternally suffer in hell?
I agree with the guy who commented earlier how no one truly deserves hell. No matter how horrible you are no one can be guilty enough of an eternal hell

Tsugumi now questions whether what Jigoku shoujo does is right or not. and they finally talked? wow. Ai's past? wow. Really cool. I also liked how Ai's followers commented on how Ai's heart is cracking sending the innocent girl to hell :(
9/10 ep and the next one should be some Ai's backstory.
Aug 4, 2017 7:27 AM

Dec 2014
It's been a bit but didn't they refuse someone's request in one of the earlier episodes? Why couldn't they just say no to this random dicks request to kill a good person?
Aug 29, 2017 5:37 AM
Oct 2012
Finally and episode that counter acts tsugumis arrogance. I just hope they figure out what enma is doing. . . the reason why she shows tsugumi who is going to hell. Kinda got that feeling right when tsugumi got her first vision.

Sep 19, 2017 2:01 AM

Sep 2016
what the fuck mann
Facta Non Verba
Oct 31, 2017 11:09 AM

Sep 2012
Cnon said:
Forgetfulness said:

i guess he was some obsessed freak who has seen her & thought that way he can be together with her in hell, he was nuts

Juu_Go said:
So messed up!

no kidding

BDW i was about to say the same thing

bdsbff said:
It's been a bit but didn't they refuse someone's request in one of the earlier episodes? Why couldn't they just say no to this random dicks request to kill a good person?

good question, i would like to know that as well
Sugram22Oct 31, 2017 11:14 AM
Dec 15, 2017 4:09 AM

Oct 2015
Another great episode. The series keeps getting better and better.
Feb 20, 2019 2:52 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
This episode made me angry. Stupid stalker for sure. And then he killed himself probably thinking they will reunite in hell and if he cant have her no one can ... Argh -_-

Jun 14, 2019 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
Cnon said:
Forgetfulness said:

to me he seemed to be crazy stalker who remained in the shadows not like most who call and do crazy sh that drive victims crazy
Jul 29, 2019 6:33 PM

Jul 2015
Wow, this episode really made me comment for once haha.

I was kinda confused but towards the end I made my own interpretation. Basically, since she's talked about a lot in that hospital, there was a random stalker guy that was interested in her and she rejected him which made him really bitter so he used the link. Then, killing himself so that he could be in Hell with her for eternity. Yikes....

It really sucks that Ai can't judge the Nurse as a good/innocent person so she can't let it slide but I guess that's just NOT how it works :/
SoulpillJul 29, 2019 6:46 PM
Jan 21, 2020 10:15 PM

Jul 2008
Not all sent to hell are bad guys....yeah this episode makes you feel shitty.
Jan 14, 2021 3:07 PM

Mar 2019
This is what I was waiting for. She was sent to hell even if she didnt do anything wrong. Next 3 episodes should be great.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 18, 2021 8:56 PM
Apr 2021
That was confusing °.°
Aug 11, 2021 8:17 PM

Jul 2017
While the episode itself wasn't the most entertaining out there with the new characters and situation at hand early on, it was an intriguing one that did a good job in showing the flawed side to the whole Hell Correspondence System, where even the innocent folks who've not done much wrong can get punished, and it shows Ai having some real heart underneath the cold exterior with feeling guilt for that nurse ending up in Hell, as well as conflict issues regarding her job and her morality.
Nov 11, 2022 11:31 AM
Dec 2017
don't worry those who really hadn't did any wrong go to heaven in the seires the druggie is in hell thankfully

Jan 31, 2023 5:30 AM
Feb 2022
Este capitulo nos muestra como a veces hay personas que son enviadas al infierno, no porque sean malas, sino por la envidia u desprecio que sienten otras malas personas asía ellos. Una pena por la enfermera. Aun siento que Jigoku hace lo correcto en enviar gente mala al infierno, pero es una pena cuando casos como el de este capitulo ocurren.
Mar 18, 2023 1:59 PM

Sep 2017
Such shitty morality. "I hear Miss's heart shattering" yet she's doing her job as if nothing is happening. It was just a weird episode.
I'm guessing that the guy was in love with her, so he sent her to hell and then killed himself to meet her there. That's just my two cents there.
Sugram22 said:
Cnon said:

i guess he was some obsessed freak who has seen her & thought that way he can be together with her in hell, he was nuts
Yeah I think so too. Probably will never see her though, "Hell is a vast place".
Sugram22 said:
Wait, when did that happen? If you're talking about the sanitarium episode then that was because the girl didn't have a soul to trade with.
FatephileMar 18, 2023 2:05 PM
خ
Mar 18, 2023 2:14 PM

Sep 2012
Fatephile said:
Such shitty morality. "I hear Miss's heart shattering" yet she's doing her job as if nothing is happening. It was just a weird episode.
I'm guessing that the guy was in love with her, so he sent her to hell and then killed himself to meet her there. That's just my two cents there.
Sugram22 said:

Yeah I think so too. Probably will never see her though, "Hell is a vast place".
Sugram22 said:
Wait, when did that happen? If you're talking about the sanitarium episode then that was because the girl didn't have a soul to trade with.
cant remember when, but it was just in 1episode maybe in this season maybe in future season but in the beginning of a EP she looked at a request and decided its not worth her time, its easy to miss though, and her companions have talked about it about refusing requests, but its rare 99% of them she does no matter how messed up it mite be

Oct 14, 2023 9:23 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to TopgunUK

It's ridiculous.

@TopgunUK I'm a decade late but I agree with you 100%, I've had the same feeling watching the show. No one in the show victim or the investigator even considers the idea of eternal damnation. Everyone is a victim of their circumstances, no one is born evil except for a few psychopaths and even then they didn't choose to be born with messed up brains. To send even the worst people to infinite suffering is horrible enough but the victims choosing to do it to themselves is giving the bad people the ultimate victory. I hate that the only way they could find to make the show work is to have everyone act clinically retarded. I hate how the investigator never even talks about the hell aspect and just tries to moralize people out of doing it by talking about how revenge is bad.
I feel like most people never take the time to truly think about the concept of eternity. It's an amount of time that would drive you insane just trying to grasp it. You would have to be truly insane to accept any deal that would send you to an eternity in hell. There isn't a single thing that could happen to you bad enough to be worth making that trade. I don't care if you get locked in a box from the day you are born and tortured within an inch of your life for the next 80 years and are never loved. I don't care if you have to see your whole family brutally murdered in front of you. There is literally nothing that could possibly happen that could compare to eternal hellfire.
For anyone who hasn't seen it there is a short story about someone being trapped in limbo for 500 million years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbCerMBxUFM The thought of that terrifies me, and yet that isn't even .000000000000000000001% of eternity. If the characters in this show thought about it for even 5 seconds there isn't a single one that would take the deal.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

79 by JoaoPedru »»
May 13, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

B25Mitch - Nov 2, 2008

72 by JoaoPedru »»
May 13, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

redbuzz - May 8, 2008

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Apr 16, 2009

70 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Moonfrost - Sep 19, 2009

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.