Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2013 12:32 PM

Jun 2010
I ended up reading the manga, because I wanted to see both how the author intended the story to end and why were people whining about it.

I do not regret reading the manga, nor do I think anybody should be advised not to.

But yeah, the ending is pretty sh*tty. Not only does it go against everything the manga did by that point, it also makes no sense when it comes to... like... psychology? I dunno, what the characters did would be IMPOSSIBLE in the real world, the world just doesn't work like that.

Fortunately, my mind does treat the anime and the manga as two entirely separate things, so I have no trouble watching the anime with love despite having read the manga.
Jun 1, 2013 7:00 PM

Feb 2013
why da fuck did u guys spoil it for me. fuck u guys!!! i thought this was a no spoiler discussion.
Jun 1, 2013 7:02 PM

Oct 2011
That's right.

Bunny Drop turns into Wincest Drop in the last chapters.
Nov 14, 2013 6:10 AM
Aug 2012
the story went from heart warming and light colorful to the creator writing on drugs i think the anime was smart to end at ep 11 i use to tell myself why did it end so early in the anime now i am glad it ended at 11 now i just i have to figure out how to loss the extra memory i dont want if you know what i mean
Dec 20, 2013 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
Mmm, thank you for the warning, though, I knew there was
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 13, 2014 4:23 PM
Jul 2012
knew something that the manga will have's some sex according to the spoilers I saw from people. Will remember to not read this for sure.
May 15, 2014 7:28 AM

Aug 2007
Jeez, I hope none of you people saying incest isn't morally wrong or objectionable ever have children. Whether you're blood related or not, raising a human being from a young age into adulthood is an ENTIRELY different relationship than being with someone romantically and sexually. Not only is it absolutely unrealistic that this would happen outside of a Woody Allen documentary, but it's wrong on consensual and psychological levels. A normal, healthy parent-child relationship does not become suddenly warped and gross just on a whim. It's almost like Daisuke was too pathetic to marry a woman his age so he settles with the girl he raised as a daughter over half his age. Absolutely fucking disgusting. What else should I have expected from Japan though.
Jul 28, 2014 7:34 PM
Jun 2010
crap, this series ends with

i feel stupid for watching the anime now
Oct 8, 2014 10:47 PM

Aug 2014
fuq
Oct 8, 2014 10:57 PM

Mar 2012
I read the manga (unfortunately) and I honestly just pretend that everything after the anime didn't happen.
Oct 8, 2014 10:59 PM

Aug 2013
insan3priest said:
I'm going to read the manga and this is because I was spoiled. Deal with it.

Found one.
Oct 24, 2014 3:00 AM

Sep 2008
being a fan of the anime, after reading the spoilers, my reaction: Disgusting. The mangaka has to be a twisted, sick, fuck to come up with that shit. I'm absolutely disgusted.

just looking at this picture makes me want to puke now
eyerokOct 24, 2014 3:14 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Dec 17, 2014 1:02 PM

Nov 2014
koreye said:
being a fan of the anime, after reading the spoilers, my reaction: Disgusting. The mangaka has to be a twisted, sick, fuck to come up with that shit. I'm absolutely disgusted.

just looking at this picture makes me want to puke now

My opinion is a bit different. I hate the ending as well and think the same way. But the author is just another twisted mind. What is more disturbing is ALL THOSE PEOPLE here on mal who are saying "it was not so bad".... I am having a feeling that a lot of people around here are pretty sick bastards. Let's just look at the emotions the first part is shows: a frail girl with no parents of her own, and her family hates her for being alive.. A guy who is good enough to take her in and be her parent. Parental love and childish innocence. And then we have the second part were... well we have what we have between the same characters.

-
Holo said:
"There is no better time to part, then when we wish for it never to end."
Satou said:
"It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself... Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers... "

Jan 15, 2015 8:47 AM

Oct 2011
Well, now I am curious. I have read the first two US volumes so far. How many are there?
Jan 20, 2015 7:36 AM

Nov 2014
I finished it.

What should I tell my sister if she asks how it ended?
mizukasaJan 22, 2015 11:22 PM
May 1, 2015 3:40 AM

Apr 2015
Man anyone here watch Dexter?
I'm a sucker for strong female characters.
May 1, 2015 3:51 AM

Apr 2015
not really spoiler though
I'm a sucker for strong female characters.
May 7, 2015 7:48 PM

Feb 2010
Don't let OP fool you the manga is great.
May 9, 2015 1:42 PM
Sep 2014
UGH JUST BINGED WATCHED THE ANIME ( GAVE IT A 9/10 )

WAS GOING TO ADD IT TO MY FAVORITES BUT NOW THAT I KNOW HOW THE MANGA ENDS I JUST CAN'T DO IT. THEY TOOK A BEAUTIFUL HEART WARMING STORY AND TURNED IT INTO

HAS THE MANGAKA SAID WHY HE DECIDED TO GO THIS DIRECTION?

I'M HONESTLY SHOCKED THAT HE THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD ENDING.

WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!
May 9, 2015 5:26 PM
Apr 2015
fuck I shouldn't have read it you were right OP

so disgusting it ruined the whole story

screw the mangaka with his sick fetishes
May 26, 2015 11:42 AM

Oct 2008
Many people seem to think that the mangaka is a male. She, Yumi Unita, is female.

Regarding the issues with the manga conclusion, I definitely agree with the plot holes and bizarre cop-outs. However, in reference to the controversial aspects, I haven't lived the characters' lives, so it is kind of hypocritical to use my own experiences to judge them. There seems to be a ton of self-insertion going on and while I agree that it might not be the best of ideas, I respect their decision.
Feb 12, 2016 5:55 PM

Dec 2009
Leon-Gun said:
JavierR said:
True, the mangas' ending isn't that bad. It's just different lol. Things definitely took a thing for the weird though,but the whole
killed it
That's just a cheap way of dodging a bullet, except, you know...
And there you go, that's what I think.

I agree. 100%
I'm glad I never picked up the manga.
Mar 8, 2016 3:01 AM

Jun 2013

The Anime itself is good, I'm going to pretend the manga doesn't even exist.
臭い-
Mar 9, 2016 6:59 PM

Jan 2014
bunch of western or westernised fags, respect your culture, but remember that you are reading a piece from another culture, if you are not enjoy it so be it, don't force your opinion on others.
again don't force your opinion on others

read the manga or not is the choice of you but

as for me, I recommend you to read the manga for the later part, some might find it not really satisfying, but it is not bad at all, it's good.
Jul 4, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2016
katsuhan said:
bunch of western or westernised fags, respect your culture, but remember that you are reading a piece from another culture, if you are not enjoy it so be it, don't force your opinion on others.

as for me, I recommend you to read the manga for the later part, some might find it not really satisfying, but it is not bad at all, it's good.

Lol a desperate lolicon trying to justify the piece of garbage that was the ending.

The problem is that he raised her as a father and then at the end they get together, its beyond disgusting and shits all over the first half of the series.
Jul 4, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2016
Bibimbapski said:

The Anime itself is good, I'm going to pretend the manga doesn't even exist.

Agreed 100%. Sadly this manga is probably going to do exactly that, look at all the people here justifying this shitty ending.

Also too late OP, already read it. Wish I didn't though.
Jul 5, 2016 6:22 PM
Dec 2014
ssjokg said:
Contains spoilers:

Actually, the incest taboo that exists between a parent and child is one of the very very few things that is universal amongst all cultures. Stuff like cousins or even siblings varies a bit more, but parent/child is a giant red flag that you do not cross if you are in any semblance of a human society.

There's a reason why so many people find it so disturbing.
Jul 6, 2016 6:40 PM
Apr 2012
As an opposing viewpoint, the manga was really good. It's just peoples own bias against the supposed "incest" and the age differences that happens that is coloring their thoughts.

I just read the whole thing over the course of 3 days and it mostly comes together pretty well. There was a good 500+ pages of her sorting out her own feelings and the results, so this wasn't sudden, as well as many hints throughout the entire manga (fyi 2200 pages). The no blood relation thing was foreshadowed from the beginning as well when the author had him suddenly stop looking into her history, and that's even without expecting a 74 year old man to get a girl pregnant (while not impossible, that is incredibly difficult). I was honestly expecting Rin to be a baby born from rape that his grandfather felt he should take in instead of letting her future be ruined.

About my only complaint is the abrupt 10 year jump tonal shift from cute antics to high school drama. I did kind of wish Daikichi got together with Yukari at first, but what happens happens. And I can completely see why Rin would fall in love with the one man that gave up his life for her and has always put her first, when it would have been far far easier to just walk away.

TLDR, go read Yotsuba if you want nothing nothing more than cute kid raising antics. Or read this if you want a full story. I see one hell of a lot of projecting in this thread though, damn man.
BkwyrmJul 6, 2016 6:51 PM
Aug 6, 2016 5:24 AM

Jan 2014
It makes me sick to see so much Hypocrisy...

It is fine when in this first part a 20 years old mangaka having relationship with a 80 years old,but it is shit and trainwreck when a 16 years old have feelings for a 40 years old?

meh guys...

In the anime Rin never ever calls/considers Daikichi as her father...Not even once...

TLDR:Manga's continuation is in fact NOT that abrupt and unexpected as you think...
LoneWizzyAug 6, 2016 5:31 AM
Aug 20, 2016 7:52 AM

Jan 2014
AssumingControl said:
katsuhan said:

Lol a desperate lolicon trying to justify the piece of garbage that was the ending.

The problem is that he raised her as a father and then at the end they get together, its beyond disgusting and shits all over the first half of the series.

Read Genji monogatari m8 its master piece and many Japanese thing influenced by it.
Sep 7, 2016 4:54 AM
Apr 2016
seriously did you guys realize mentioning the word 'incest' itself is a spoiler in this series ?
"Be grateful for the miracles that have already happened instead of hoping for new ones"-- A sadistic teddy bear
Sep 7, 2016 4:56 AM

Aug 2016
If you love your life, please do not continue reading the manga.
Nope. Nope. No.
Sep 18, 2016 8:25 AM

Jul 2009
Usagi Drop anime is one of those anime that better than manga adaptation
Oct 9, 2016 3:00 PM
Sep 2011
Lol the manga ending is perfect
Nov 16, 2016 11:17 AM

May 2012
If you just got here after finishing the anime, do exactly as Op said, DO NOT READ THE MANGA!
I'm not kidding, do yourself that favor. I'm saying this as someone who adores the anime, which is about half of the whole manga. Don't ruin this perfect little story with what the mangaka thought was a good second half.

So sad.....
Apr 4, 2017 10:15 PM

Dec 2015
Oh men I was so blessed that I watched the anime last year without even knowing that it was a manga adaptation. so thank God it didn't ruined the whole anime experience for me.

The anime is an easy 9/10 for me and I even included it on my favorite lists.

I was only aware of the manga right now! unfortunately I saw the ending and had to wash my eyes with an antiseptic and burn all memories of it then scatter the ashes on pacific ocean.

I'm just going to think that Usagi drop anime and manga are two different things. yep.
or I'm just gonna walk away and pretend that the manga never existed...
QueenSapphireApr 5, 2017 1:25 AM
Apr 4, 2017 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
To be honest I've read the Usagi Drop Manga because I was curious as to why people were saying it was bad... I can't really look at the anime the same way, and sure you can argue that "Oh you can take it as two separate entities" which is true... however no matter how many times I tried it just can't be taken off my head...

My issue isn't the fact that it had "that", the problem with the second half itself was when the series contradicted and pretty much threw everything out of the window, and even "that" part of the manga was terribly executed. To not spoil I'll say "that" part but people would get the point across. I don't mind when series goes to said direction but the execution was ass.
Sep 6, 2017 1:46 PM

Sep 2014
I've read the manga a long time ago, just started watching this anime recently

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Sep 23, 2017 5:44 AM

Jun 2016
Thanks for the warning! I was about to read its manga since I wanna know more what's gonna happen after what arc the anime covered, then I received a lot of warnings, and seeing your post about the manga made me stop from reading, so I decided to spoil myself instead. And days later, I still feel like throwing the fuck up!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 27, 2017 1:39 AM
Apr 2013
I binged read the series, and just finished a while ago as of writing.

I was just laughing at the last few chapters after the final plot twist. It was a cheap cop-out from a literary perspective. It wasn't well thought out. I wonder what the author was thinking. It was actually still quite good before that.(Although the best parts of the manga are of course, the first 24 chapters(pre-timeskip/Anime).

Did I find the ending disgusting? No, not really. It may have something to do with my exposure to the Dark Side(You know what I mean). But it wasn't satisfying either.

IF YOU'RE GOING FOR A CONTROVERSIAL ENDING, AT LEAST MAKE IT GOOD!

Mar 20, 2021 4:02 PM
Mar 2021
ssjokg said:
Contains spoilers:
You're straight up wrong. Incest is actually know as a universal taboo with lots of scientific documentation noting that fact. every ancient culture (apart from Egyptian royalty and ancient Persia clergy due to religious reasons) saw it as immoral and forbidden. not a great example to argue for subjective morality. common sense really from a genetic standpoint.
xking377Mar 20, 2021 4:10 PM
Aug 27, 2021 3:34 AM

Aug 2018
xking377 said:
ssjokg said:
Contains spoilers:
You're straight up wrong. Incest is actually know as a universal taboo with lots of scientific documentation noting that fact. every ancient culture (apart from Egyptian royalty and ancient Persia clergy due to religious reasons) saw it as immoral and forbidden. not a great example to argue for subjective morality. common sense really from a genetic standpoint.
did she imply incest is normal in Japan lol
Aug 7, 2022 10:03 PM

Jan 2020
Wow finding out what happens in the manga has made me so disappointed and left a bad taste in my mouth. This is one of the times where I feel the mangaka got their own story wrong lol. It just seems so different from the anime that I can't believe they're apart of the same story
atypic_Aug 7, 2022 10:23 PM
Aug 8, 2022 11:04 PM
Apr 2018
The manga ending was awesome. I love it.

Only westerners hate it, I guess, because they hate people with large age gap marrying (they even made it a law in many states). It's not an issue here in Asia.

These people are so mentally weak. They keep getting angry at anything loli or incest, when it's not even loli nor incest.... Just keep reading Marvel comics if you can't even handle Usagi Drop. There are a lot more manga out there with things like this happening.
RomangeloAug 8, 2022 11:13 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Aug 4, 2011

208 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
Jun 7, 7:04 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

41 by Phantomnocomics »»
May 12, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.