Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 25, 2008 1:19 PM

Jun 2007
ukiuki said:
when irie walked into the room and saw kotoko and the baby....

tears came streaming down

Same here n_n
Really good series and a very nice "ending", didnt feel like Kotomi was Kotoko's daughter :/...
Sep 25, 2008 3:15 PM

Apr 2008
That was a nice ending. For me too, at the beginning I was just watching it out of boredom, thinking another high school love comedy... But I really liked how they devlopped the characters even if the pace was sometimes really quick. The stalker mom was so mutch fun...

This ending is very sweet, and puts you in a good mood, although I'm not too sure about how this manga pictures a good wife...

Sep 26, 2008 6:19 AM

Jun 2008
they have a baby girl!!! hahahaha... they actually fought over irie.. hahaha
Sep 27, 2008 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
The first anime episode to make my eyes tearful. It was a drama packed episode that didn't disappoint. Can't wait to see the finale.
Sep 27, 2008 4:56 PM

Mar 2008
I really liked the ending too
Kotomi is so like Kotoko, kinda sad lol. Seems like she loves Irie the best;P
But secretly she loves her mom more:)
The marriage comment made me LOL
Can't wait till the final ep. It'll be nice:)
Sep 29, 2008 2:05 AM
Mar 2008
crazy_eights said:
DeathfireD said:

The next ep looks pretty good, more like an OVA type ep though. I wonder why they didn't make it a DVD only ep. O well still looking forward to it.

exactly what i thought.

great series and i am considering this to be the true ending

I agree!

But they couldn't help pair up everyone with husbands and kids in the end, did they? *points at end titles*
I wonder when they all managed to find boyfreinds and have kids. ^^
Sep 30, 2008 3:51 AM

Jan 2008
i love this episode.. i absolutely love this episode..
Sep 30, 2008 10:26 AM

Oct 2007
awwwww so cute. I'm so happy that irie was sucessful in the conversation.
kotoko and her c-cups were funny
kotoko and kotomi fighting over irie XD
oh, and yuuki turned into sucha bishounen!!!! :D
Sep 30, 2008 3:58 PM

Oct 2007
That ep was freaking A everyone's said everything so there nothing else more to say than i loved it =]

Kotomi=win <3
Oct 1, 2008 2:16 PM

Jul 2007
Haha loved this episode!!

Kotomi = CUTE~~
Yuuki = Bishonen *w*

Oct 4, 2008 11:20 AM

Jun 2008
I take back all I said about any other episode being the best this one is definitely the best! I cried so much in this episode and I'm glad nothing happened to Kotoko. Kotomi is sooo kawaii and I like how she looks like Irie and has the personality of Kotoko. :D It was funny when Kotoko and Kotomi were running toward Irie to get something for him, and of course Kotoko loses. ^^
HEY!
Oct 4, 2008 7:15 PM

May 2008
This episode was awesome! Itazura na kiss is an amazing anime and it was a great pleasure to watch this...Probably one of those once in a few years anime! Just amazing.!
Oct 6, 2008 7:30 PM

Sep 2008
i cried it was so cute
not a lot of dramas are so good like this one
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 18, 2008 7:18 PM
Oct 2007
This is so so much better then the last similar length romance/comedy kimikiss. Wounder what the next episode is going to be about.

Maybe them getting a house?
Oct 20, 2008 10:05 AM

Mar 2007
I finally got around to watching this episode. I had the show on hold because I didn't want it to end or something, lol :) This was such an adorable episode. I love the scenes during the ending credits. It shows a bunch of characters that are in the manga, but skipped in the anime, like the otaku who make the Kotoko-themed anime (Kotorin!), and Jinko and Satomi's love interests! And it looks like Kin-chan has 3 kids, all boys, good grief, lol :)

Well, now I feel all warm and fuzzy ^_^ Time for ep 25!
Nov 5, 2008 5:38 AM

Dec 2007
This is so adorable. <3 I love how this anime goes from high school ~ onward. I love how they all grew up as the Anime went on. Her daughter is so adorable. :P She is competing for her father with Kotoko.
Nov 8, 2008 3:07 AM

Apr 2007
A very fitting 'last episode', doing Itazura na Kiss justice. It's really sad to see this series end, such a unique shoujo that has gone where no other has.

Well, episode 25 here I come...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2008 5:20 PM
Mar 2008
Can someone tell me the time that past when their kid grew up? The sub I watched didn't translate it.
Feb 2, 2009 7:01 PM
Oct 2008
tindra said:
This episode was awesome! Too many funny and touching moments to count! ^^

Some of my personal favs include:

- Kotoko fawning over her boob size, lol!
- Chris announcing that she is pregnant too ^^
- Irie-kun wearing a pregnancy suit in maternity class! XD (Is it just me, or did they start taking maternity classes kinda late? o.O)
- Irie-kun deciding to save Matsumoto's life, in spite of his wife going into labour; and Kotoko for once not being jealous and telling him that it's ok.
- Little Kotomi having inherited her dad's looks, but her mother's personality.
- Chris and Kin-chan's son having inherited Chris' hair colour, but Kin-chan's hairstyle! XD
- Yuuki-kun growing up to be just like his brother, looks- AND personality-wise! ^^

Haha tell me about it, wasnt Kin-chans baby the cutest!?! Oh, and another touching part was when Irie-kun laughed the way they he did when they were walking through the cherry blossoms. That was the 1st time in th whole series did he laugh for joy like he ment it! :) I thought it was adoreable!!! :)
Feb 8, 2009 7:18 AM

Dec 2008
unexpectedly a really good show, it was overall highly enjoyable... with the best possible ending though!

if actually everything could be overcome by hard work and determination, maybe this world would be a bit like this show... :D
Mar 10, 2009 8:34 AM
Feb 2008
It was cute I'm glad that they had a happy ending ^^This was the first time that I was unexpectedly happy about something
Mar 10, 2009 5:26 PM

Jan 2009
Great ending, I liked how all the sub characters got decent plot development and happy endings as well. I think the author would be satisified with how her unfinished manga ended in anime form.

Its a animation where not every character is a supermodel or a walking plank of one-dimensional emoness and story has plenty of ups and downs and laugh out loud bits.

I think I got hooked though in a much earlier episode during the rainy umbrella scene.
Apr 19, 2009 5:50 PM

Sep 2008
Kotoko seemed like the best wife in the whole world with her choice, even if it was the obvious thing to do. This series was more than I hoped for in the beginning; now only if more anime explored more into the future, rather than stopping at getting together.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2009 8:19 AM

Jul 2007
was okay i guess , kinda hated her daughter , dont really know why , just annoying i guess xD

anyway while i was watching this ep i was thinking to myself that kotoko is gonna die after giving birth to the child while Irie finishes with his operation or is still operating on yuuko , so i was kinda disappointed and that would have been a really sad and great ending in some way xD
Apr 27, 2009 12:31 PM
May 2008
Damn it. I spend the whole episode saying:
"Aww. Kotoko looks so cute with short haiiir~! ♥"
Wish she had keeped it like that more time...
(Haha. Sorry, I had to say it. I love short haired styles. )

Anyways.
AAAAWWWWWWWW LOVE LOVE LOVE
THIS "ENDING" IS LOOOOVEEEEE ♥
Naoki, Kaoto & Kotomi family is PURE LOOOVEEEE~! ♥
Hahaha. Kotomi's making her mommy jealous. I knew this was coming, having such a perfect father! I once said that when I was really really little ... so cuuute. I'm going to melt from watching this.

Waaah, loved all those last shoots of everyone with their special "someone" ;A;
Chris and Kinnosuke with those blonde Kinnosuke twins xD Sudou and Matsumoto in their fantasy like marriage. Motoki and... that cute gay looking dude who reminded me of Kaworu from Evangelion (don't ask xD). Keita and the cute little handicapped girl. ...CHRIS' MOTHER AND NON-CHAN!! Hahaha, they really looked like relatives. Kotoko's highchool friends with their families! ♥ Aaah, lovely lovely.

...but wait there. WHO WAS that girl with Naoki's little brother!?
AAAH! ...geez, I'm getting jealous!.
Hahaha. She kind of reminds me the young nurse from a previous episode.
May 16, 2009 10:27 AM

May 2008
Wow... haven't even finished the episode... it just freaked me so over the top out that he actually said that "he's a failure at being a husband"... WOW WOW WOW...

update at end:
WOW WOW WOW, this episode is just unbelievable... too great for words!!! :):):)
GreatSMay 16, 2009 10:42 AM
Jun 8, 2009 2:36 AM

Aug 2008
The other families were cool! Very amusing lol.
Jun 9, 2009 10:56 PM

Oct 2008
I love how even after going to school, getting married, working together, and having a kid, Kotoko still calls Naoki by his their family name.... x___x

The ending was cute, Kotoko and her daughter's little scuffles over Naoki's attention made me smile. Naoki's already showing slight signs of his overprotective father side, haha. "Kotomi, who do you love more, Yoshiya-kun or Papa?"

I'm almost regretting watching the next episode. I don't want it to end. :[
Sep 2, 2009 8:02 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, that was really something. I think it's super cool that this anime said more than "They fell in love" or "They got married" and "The end" xD

I also found Kotomi was annoying haha xD

So, finally everybody got his and her special someone :) That's so cool!

But yeah, I don't know, I feel it's lacking something for some reason... o.o I wonder what.

Sep 9, 2009 7:07 PM
Apr 2009
i loved the episode

the first 2 min was just soo funny and crazy "about kotoko's boobs" omg she is funny i love her

thinking of a hasbund who saved a friends life instead of his wife is soo gentle and really has a good heart i loved him more also kotoko not do funny stuff or something to stop him really great wife to have in ur life

and Kotomi she is just cute sweet and adorable

really really great episode
Sep 27, 2009 5:59 PM

Jun 2009
this series really meet up all my expectations...a perfect combination of romance comedy drama,,,perfect !!! 10/10 for me...

btw,,other than this series..there's also one anime that end up exacly like this though its more dramatic and serious...its CLANNAD ^____^... best ending ever ...
Oct 13, 2009 7:57 AM

Oct 2009
yes indeed this was a very good anime! it gave me nothing but warm and fuzzy feelings.
yeah you are right it is totaly like clannad but with a bit more of a happy storyline... man so far i've seen nothing but good animes! 10/10 from me!
Dec 2, 2009 10:17 PM

Dec 2009
While this episode finished up the anime nicely, I found myself disappointed that Kotoko still acted like a jealous child when she now had the resposibility of her own child. But I guess it meant that some things will never change... Overall- my least favorite episode, I only watch the first half of it and then give up.
Dec 11, 2009 6:37 PM

Nov 2008
Loved this episode... the series is so beautiful. The transition of the young darling Kotoko as a naïve high-school girl loving a guy she'd never get... and the transition through getting to know him a little better, falling in love, having teenage fantasies about getting married, getting a career and going through and struggling of an adult married... They've at least aged ten years since Kotoko and Naoki met... Such a beautiful story of young lovers to grown adults with a baby!

Though sometimes I don't understand Naoki's behavior towards his wife, I guess they just aren't the lovey-dovey couple. Because usually you don't see them kiss very often at all... I loved when Kotoko said quite a few episodes back, "You can do anything if you put you're mind to it!" Kotoko loved him for about... five and a half years I'm thinking, before Naoki returned her love...? What a struggle...

What I didn't like overall was how Naoki was cold to his wife in some times, and how Kotoko didn't want to worry Naoki about her labor pains.

About this episode, it was very beautiful. Of course, I cried really hard... Because Kotoko knows that Naoki wanted to be there, and he wants her to be happy. I was so sad that he went into surgery and... well... she gave birth alone. That made me cry. She knew Naoki would always be there and she went through that by herself. If that was me, I would be crying. I couldn't imagine giving birth without my husband their. He would need a serious 100% dire excuse or he'd get his neck wringed!! I never really liked Yuuko anyways... DAMN YUUKO!

I gave the anime a 10/10. Being a masterpiece. (GUILTY - I WATCHED THE ENTIRE SERIES EPISODE 1-25 IN LESS THAN 3 DAYS! T_T) I'm really sad to see the series end. They need to make a sequel, I demand it. An episode of Kotoko's life everyday since... I'd watch it for sure! Til they both die, and Kotomi becomes Kotoko! And her boyfriend is nothing like Naoki, and Yuuki in it is the wise uncle to Kotomi. I'm rambling off. I can always dream the continuation.

Goodbye Itazura na Kiss! One of my favorites forever... beating Naruto...!

*Adds to Favorites List*
Dec 16, 2009 11:58 PM
Oct 2009
This series met all of my expectations and then some.
- Both characters say they love each other before the last episode: Check.
- It doesn't get boring after they confess: Check.
- Polarity between pre-confession Irie and post-confession Irie: Check.
- Marriage: Check.
- Pregnancy: Check.
- Perfectly timed time-lapses: Check.
- Baby + well-timed time-lapse: Check.
- "Competition" between mother and daughter for husband/father: Check. (lolz4days too)
- Feel good anime: Check.
- Top-to-bottom love story: Check.

Best I've seen.
Dec 20, 2009 2:26 PM

Oct 2008
The ending was a real crowd pleaser lol, overall this anime was brillant. I marathoned it in 3 days lol, each episode just kept me wanting to watch more. I considered giving it a 10 out of 10, but it had a few flaws ok I can't really find any flaws lol. But I felt the emotional value that was present in Clannad AS was missing here. I was attached to the main characters but it wasn't to the extent towards the attachment in Clannad. If I hadn't have watched Clannad before this series I might have given it a 10..

The main thing that other romances fail at is that they fail to continue on from the confession part of the storyline. A relationship is developed but then the story either ends/begins to go downhill leaving viewers feeling empty. This anime does not do either of these things. It goes beyond generic storylines where the story ends at "I love you" followed by a kiss. It represents life for what it really is, a series of ups and downs. Beyond anything else, this realism is what really made this an amazing anime for me.

Another thing was probably the amazing character development. Watching Naoki turn into less of a prick from his original self was refreshing lol. I also loved the supporting characters like Kinnosuke, Chris, Kotoko's nursing friends and Irie's mother.

Although I contradict the stuff earlier on in my post I'll give it a 9.5/10 rounded up to a 10/10 for now but I'll probably change it later because atm I really do think this is a masterpiece in the drama/romance genre.
Feb 18, 2010 7:34 PM

Aug 2008
I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

but wait, theres more?!?!
Mar 4, 2010 6:24 AM

Jun 2009
what more ??

Mar 6, 2010 5:07 PM
Jan 2010
beautiful romance show, one of my favorites by far.
Mar 26, 2010 6:55 PM

Aug 2008
g0ng0n16 said:
what more ??

Lmfao, episode 25 where they remember about Kotoko's past experience with Kei's countryside family when they they return there again with their child
Apr 29, 2010 7:51 PM
Jun 2009
Really underrated anime imo. It was one of the rare anime that actually continues the storyline after the couple is together.

Top notch romance/comedy
Jun 12, 2010 11:31 PM

Apr 2009
top notch romance/comedy it is..

i only ended up watching it as an obligatory Nana Mizuki voiced main character anime (for i am one of her fans).. but it actually ended up being one of the best comedy romances out there for me.. i actually needed this kind of happy ending.. one where Kotoko's in competition with her own daughter.. haha..

9/10.. only because of the not so great animation and the next episode kind of ruined it a little..
Jun 19, 2010 2:06 AM

Nov 2008
9/10 needs more animation or better char drawing
all has been said, great history and didnt end just when they married
Nov 5, 2010 3:54 PM

Jun 2010
9/10 Because of the happy end i always want to see in Animes. Both for the main chars as well as for the supporting Chars :D

Nov 10, 2010 8:35 AM

Nov 2009
An amazing series, I really love how it developed.

The series went a lot further than I expected, which I really enjoyed. A beautiful way to end the series, a great romance story, that went past a high school romance, which is a nice change of pace.
Dec 12, 2010 7:40 PM

Nov 2008
Good anime the only thing i didn't like and almost made me drop this series a few time was Rinko voice her voice was really annoying.
darkraidersDec 14, 2010 4:08 AM
Jan 31, 2011 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
Yuuki and Yukie?
Ohohoho.

Hurray for Matsumoto and that guy with the mustache!
Apr 10, 2011 4:41 PM

Feb 2009
Hm, I liked it overall, but there were just a few plot points too hard to swallow. For instance, the coupling off over everyone with unrequited love. It was so unrealistic, it lost its charm. If you like someone enough, they will eventually love you back - it doesn't always apply in real life, which is why Honey and Clover is ten times the anime Itazura na Kiss is.

Also, the amount of women beats administered in this anime was pretty shocking. It seems hysterical women will only respond to a good backhand - and somehow it will make them see that thy're at fault. Even Kotoko getting beaten made her realise on reflection how WRONG she was - Noaki is always right. Matsumoto responds with a punch but she soon realises the error of her ways and returns dutifully to bed.

What this anime is teaching you is "Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen!", something that made me want to vomit on several occasions. Noaki is such a bastard to her, but he takes advantage of the fact that Kotoko loves him to treat her like dirt, only getting worried when she collapses, gets angry or talks to another man. It's disgusting how Kotoko gets willingly manipulated - nothing says doormat more than bowing down to your husband's every whim. There's no appreciation or proper communication, even when he compliments her when she's pregnant he was just exposing that she though he might be unfaithful. What a dick - one of the least likeable characters I've ever encountered when watching anime.

Just because of the crap that Kotoko had to put up with and still be happy in her situation, I give this anime a 6/10.
JonniehApr 10, 2011 6:06 PM
Apr 16, 2011 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
I was so scared that this anime would have taken the turn for the worst because of the preview from episode 23 and how Kotoko said the worst was yet to happen. I am glad that everything ended well, and Kotoko is right, love really does produce a jewel, the jewel of life, something so beautiful, delicate but most of all, eternal.

Irie really has inspired me to become a better man, so I too one day would like to share a future that might is similar to the one he has worked so hard for.

But most important of all, as long as you're tenacious like Kotoko, anything is possible, no matter how stupid, clumsy or delicate you are now, if you try hard, you will be in a much better place in the future.
May 2, 2011 10:25 PM

Feb 2009
Kurogashi said:

Irie really has inspired me to become a better man, so I too one day would like to share a future that might is similar to the one he has worked so hard for.

Erm. Sorry, did I miss something in this anime? What was admirable about Irie apart from his intelligence and hard work?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MagicalEmi - Sep 6, 2008

69 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.