Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2013 1:38 PM

Jul 2009
So I finally started watching this show ... XD
OP and ED were ... interesting? I mean very energetic but I don't love either of them :P
I like Sena a lot already XD Plus Kodaka is KISE! ;O Sena's seiyuu is Ohana! :O I don't recognize Yozora's but still, she sounds familiar :P
I'll be interested to see where this goes ... so they want to find friends huh? I guess they all have problems so they don't have real "friends" ... I laughed at Kodaka being a delinquent XD Also Yozora's "air friend" ... oh my D:
I'm pretty sure that more charas will come and join the club ... but for now Sena's my favourite ;P
Apr 20, 2013 9:15 AM

Sep 2012
LOL @ Yozora and Sena...
Jun 7, 2013 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
This really isn't my genre but I'm willing to give everything a chance. It was funny and I like the characters so far. I honestly think I like Kodaka a little too much...
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 27, 2013 11:46 PM

Jun 2013
looks like this show could be good

Aug 6, 2013 8:47 PM

Jun 2013
Just started watching the dub today. Watched the sub afterwards. I think this is one of the few that I think the dub completely dominates the sub. imo at least.

I freakin' LOVE the art style. The comedy is getting a lot of laughs out of me too. Definitely watching the whole thing.
Aug 11, 2013 9:20 PM
Jun 2013
Hamelin said:
Just started watching the dub today. Watched the sub afterwards. I think this is one of the few that I think the dub completely dominates the sub. imo at least.

I freakin' LOVE the art style. The comedy is getting a lot of laughs out of me too. Definitely watching the whole thing.

I agree about the art style. It reminds me a lot of denpa onna to seishun otoko.

I also liked the opening, although I always like openings. The first episode was pretty standard for a first episode. Can't really have much happening yet since you have to establish the characters and so forth.
Oct 24, 2013 3:44 AM

Jul 2013
idk about you guys but I'm shipping Sena and Yozora. They know they want to get in each other's skirts. Reminds me of Sakurako and Himawari from Yuru Yuri.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Nov 14, 2013 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
I don't think I've seen an anime specifically about friends before. This could be interesting.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Nov 22, 2013 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
not usually fond of ecchi series, but want to explore new genres and try something new, the art for this seems really great, and there was more ecchi in the OP than the actual episode, have a feeling that will change soon though, good start though, wasn't bad at all!
Dec 26, 2013 3:43 PM
May 2013
Orochimaru9 said:
I don't think I've seen an anime specifically about friends before. This could be interesting.

The scared teacher was priceless and so cute :3
Jan 23, 2014 1:05 PM

Dec 2012
Eh, interesting start to say the least. It had some funny moments but I'm still unsure about this. Guess I'll have to watch more before knowing if this is for me or not. Although I have to say, it was hilarious near the end where it shows the two friends talking about a movie while Sena and Yozora were telling each other to die.
Jun 21, 2014 9:45 PM

Feb 2013
Orochimaru9 said:

[/quote]

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 18, 2014 9:37 PM

Jun 2014
The part when he just transferred was funny as hell. xD
Oct 22, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2013
Oh man, they both have horrible personnality. I already love them. It will be funny to see the clash between them.

For the romance part... Well, it's a harem, I don't expect anything serious to happen and a constant bring back to the status quo. Kinda sad, but it's the norm it seem in harem serie.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 20, 2014 2:38 PM

Apr 2013
Man I finally decided to start this show, I'm super-excited!

First episode already had me laughing on some occasions, I like all three characters so far. Though Yoroza was a bit too mean to Sena withouth them even knowing each other. Ah yes Sena... <3
Nov 23, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2014
Kodaka gives me the same feeling as Ryuuji in Toradora, since they both look like delinquents, and are treated as one.

Dec 28, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2013
Interesting. Sena is cute
Feb 24, 2015 8:48 PM

Jun 2014
im not quite sure how i feel about this show. The art was cool. the OP grabbed me INSTANTLY. Plot is simple enough, but something just feels a bit off.
Oh well, i enjoyed it!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 7, 2015 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
Since I'm always hearing people saying bad and a minority saying good stuff, I decided to watch it.
Looks good so far.
Jun 17, 2015 6:57 AM

Aug 2014
This frist episode reminded me of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Jul 21, 2015 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
I love the art style, the theme of the show is pretty interesting as well. Yozora is kinda funny.

4/5
[center][/center]
Sep 16, 2015 2:42 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Yoroza is already getting on my nerves. Poor Sena

Oct 17, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Decent start, main girls seem interesting.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 19, 2016 6:44 AM

Jan 2012
Sena voice actor sounds good, average start.

Feb 1, 2016 9:46 PM

Jun 2014
Poor Kodaka, just wanted to live his life in peace, but the author won't let him.
The art looks better than other harem anime. (Considering all characters look fantastic, especially Yozora and Sena)

scrotey said:
Yeah I'm unsure about Yozura's voice. When she gets all... serious and defensive, it's too deep. And aprt from the lol pink lips, the character art is nice. I always imagined Kodaka as being completely blond though, the weird line is weird. But it's nice and I liked it and I'm looking forward to the next episode!

That's exactly it. Yozora's voice is jarring cause she's supposed to be a dominating character. And the pink lips do distract me from the subtitles every now and then.
Sep 29, 2016 11:21 PM

Sep 2013
This show looks to have promise.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 27, 2017 9:12 AM

May 2016
The mc is a unlucky guy that introduction was creepy no wonder they don't like him, there club place look dope to be honest I wish my high school was like that, so big booby girl think that the mc is like the other boys tch.
Jul 16, 2017 12:14 AM

Sep 2015
lol but theres lot of ppl who have air friends... its perfectly normal in today's society
Nov 26, 2018 8:00 AM
Jul 2017
Man, that Yozora chick is a cunt. That Sena girl is kawaii and she's got tig ol bitties. And Kodaka doesn't like seeing people argue. He wants to change on a positive outlook. His sister is a weirdo who watches too much goth anime and think she's a vampire and a dominatrix.
Jul 12, 2020 12:56 PM

Aug 2014
In all of my years watching anime, I have never been a fan of harem and/or ecchi anime.

With that being said, I have never given these types of shows a fair chance. I feel as if I should start branching outside of my comfort zone and giving these genres a go.

So far, this first episode was fine. First episodes are difficult to discuss, as they're usually meant for introducing the bare basic plot and characters. I think creating a club specifically for making friends is unique, but I hope the show does not forget it exists.

In terms of the characters we've been introduced to, I feel like I can become invested in Yozora and Kodaka. Sena's character type has always been iffy for me, so only time will determine my investment in her.

This episode has me interested. Looking forward to more.

Jan 26, 2021 6:34 PM
Oct 2019
The first episode isn't ecchi, which is good since it's not really my thing. Overall the episode was meh/ok. Nothing special but better than I was expecting. It obviously kind of set the stage for at least those 3 main characters, and very briefly introduced what appears to be a 4th, and perhaps, 5th and 6th.

I'd give it a 5 or 6/10. It seems like it could be a decent show. So we'll see. The English VA of the blonde boy isn't my fav, but what can ya do?
Sep 13, 2021 6:13 AM

Aug 2018
Well, I like how some characters here are having not the most often relationships.. ;P Having an imaginable relationship isn't that often too.. ;P
I get you, Yozora.. Sometimes you don't really want friends.. But just don't want to be looked down on.. Well, sometimes we have to adapt to surroundings, yeah.. Even if it can suck and be something what we not necessary want..
Well.. You had some unusual color hair.. But you also had some accessory on your neck as well.. Which also added to intimidation.. You could not wear it.. At least for first school day.. Unless you're very faithful into something..
Yozora is fun girl enjoyable girl.. I like her.. ;P
First episode was fun.. ;P I like girls so far.. They are eccentric and unusual.. And also I don't feel they're rude or bad, because in the end all they want - is just friends.. It feels more ironic and amusing, rather than annoying or something.. I like the dynamic so far.. But will see more, of course, how it'll go.. ;P
Jan 8, 2022 1:30 PM
Original Denjin

Nov 2008
Zaerick said:
Another roll back? Ok well I think that this show is going to turn our awesome. I really love the art direction a lot. Some of the best looking character designs I have seen in a long time. I can't judge much because of it just being episode 1 but from watching episode 0 aswell I can sure say that this is going to be a very funny show.

You must’ve taken the words right out of my mouth. Seriously, thank you very much for making my own post easier. Lol Yeah, I love the character designs, Great personality clashes, though not way over the top in a lot of modern day animes. And a lot of these discussions in arguments that they have with one another, or failure realistic, also unlike a lot of anime nowadays. Yeah, I’m really looking forward to the rest of this series as well.
Sep 11, 2023 7:12 PM

Sep 2022
Well it seems that as soon as the Neighbors Club started: Yozora and Sena are off to a bad start when their eyes met each other.

Let's just hope that it goes well between these two girls. And let's also hope that Kodaka can have a new and better life as more members come to join the Neighbors Club
Nov 12, 2023 11:55 AM
Nov 2023
Start of the show and has an interesting premise of how multiple people who can't find anyone to connect with come together.
Dec 4, 2023 7:52 AM

Nov 2023
I like this anime already.
Mar 14, 4:12 AM

Jun 2019
Relieving my old days. LOL. Hehe.

Very nostalgic.
Apr 15, 5:08 AM

Dec 2022
Initially, I was thinking a "Neighbour's Club" just for making friends is an odd pursuit for a club, but there are much stranger circles and social groups in reality, so I can buy it.

Didn't expect Yozora and Sena to already be at each other's throats; it could prove to be an enjoyable dynamic if they can behave sometimes.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2011

337 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2011

231 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 8, 2011

181 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

241 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2011

180 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.