Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shangri-La Frontier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 31, 5:16 PM
Jun 2023
second season is announced, Woohoo ❤️❤️
Mar 31, 6:18 PM
Mar 2014

lol his voice really catch me off guard
After epic battle this end with prologue for season 2
see you guys there
Mar 31, 6:19 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
The finale was pretty much what I expected it to be. A laid back episode and given everything he had just accomplished I think it’s fair. They are setting up for the second season that will air later this fall. Definitely one of the shows that shone brighter than most this season. Happy I decided to put it on my list to watch and will be looking forward to the second season
Mar 31, 6:48 PM

Feb 2019
Bilac's got an admirer lol hilarious
but what will Sunraku decide: will he accept the offer or not?
and what does Pencilgon and Okatzu wanted to talk to him about?
i guess we'll find the answers in the second season later this year...
Mar 31, 7:33 PM
Oct 2022
It was a fine final episode. I mostly like the "Truth of this world" part, but just like with other episodes, I feel like the Mini just saps away whatever mood or momentum the final scene left things on.
Mar 31, 8:42 PM

May 2016
What a pleasant surprise this show was! Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.
Mar 31, 8:42 PM
Feb 2021
really need a season 2 early
Apr 1, 1:12 AM
Apr 2023
That trap caught me off-guard LOL
Welp see you all in October 2024 for the another 24/25 episodes!
Apr 1, 2:04 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Good show, but not really my thing. Solid production quality, and the Wethermon (ik I spelled that wrong somehow) fight went hard. Not really any story to it, which made it hard to watch for me personally, but it's not really needed if you know what you're getting into: just a guy and some friends playing a really damn good game. And that's all you need; to just have it saturday-afternoon-cartoon-style to sit back and unwind to. It's been 24 episodes of consistent quality, and the next season is already not that far off; that's kind of impressive to say the least.

Speaking of season 2, probably won't be watching it myself. But for those most of you who did enjoy this first season, you'll probably enjoy the next just as much if not more.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 1, 3:04 AM

Apr 2012
Do they seriously want us to ship a shorty tomboy rabbit and a Dumas cat cosplayer? That could actually be an interesting dynamic, but they're a rabbit and a cat with a big difference in height, lmao.
Apr 1, 3:16 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to Kimurah
And thus this stretched out nothingburger of gaming sham finally gets to an end. It could had easily fit in just 13 episodes taking out all the padding and worthless infodumping or plain blabbermouthing scenes

Shame that so much effort was invested in animation and voice acting in a hollow and souless show with cardboard cutout characters. Take a look at GunGale Onine as a good example of doing more than just the "gamur" experience, Lenn felt more like an actual character with more sides than just one smug act like Sunraku does, in fact her personality IRL was completely different and the online gaming part that allowed her to just unwind and reach out to people.

Characters like Rei had no purpose other than being doormart to inflate the neckbeard fantasy of a cute girl stalking a literal nobody that only plays videogames all day and has zero personality or skills. Shame that Aramis joined until now, he's the legit only clown in this circus that made me laugh (that and Bilac that served the necessary role of a straightman)

This one gets a 3/10 in my books just for the animation effort.

Remember kids, good graphics don't make a videogame, and in the same way, good animation shouldn't be an excuse to cover for poor storytelling and poor character writing.
@Kimurah I'm glad you watched the entire show. See you on the next season for more negative feedback o/
Apr 1, 3:50 AM

May 2015
Well, looks like the bunnies are better than the cats.

Pretty nice show, I'm interested for season 2.
Apr 1, 9:59 AM

Jul 2016
What the...? That cute pink-haired Mahou Shoujo from the OP is voiced by Nakata Jouji? Freaking Kotomine Kirei from Fate?! LMAO!

Pretty laid-back episode to conclude this first season. Aramis's character was introduced and I already love the dynamic he shares with Bilac. He kinda reminds me of Pepe Le Pew but less horny lol.

Really cool show overall. Very clear regarding what it wanted to be and as result, the final product ended up being a truly enjoyable experience for me. Cast was likeable, there were some really nice character designs and visuals remained surprisingly consistent throughout the whole show. Not to mention the high-quality animation during most of the fights, with Wethermon being the highlight.

Seriously, Sunraku's journey has been such an entertaining one and the news of a second season coming this soon only make me feel more eager to see him and co. again.

8/10 - See you all in October.
Apr 1, 10:01 AM

Jan 2019
This show really dragged on after the Wethermon fight ended. Bizarre decision to have the MC just dicking about with NPCs after the tease of the world changing.

Apr 1, 11:38 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bye-bye to the season with a new character with a peculiar voice!!!
Caith Sith, another race of this world!!!

Waiting the second season!!!
kekeke
Apr 1, 5:45 PM
Oct 2019
I am not ready for that deep old man voice for a cute magical girl LMAO

Season 2 confirmed again on Fall 2024!!
Let's go!! another 2 consecutive cour too!!

Overall Very Good 8/10 imo
I'm gonna missed their shenanigans.
Apr 1, 9:26 PM

Sep 2018
The ending really made me want a s2. Loved mostly everything about the series minus the mcs quiet stalker romantic interest. I did like her in game form though. A 10/10 from me. The manly mahou shoujo was comedy gold.
Apr 2, 12:31 AM
Feb 2018
Cant wait for season 2
Apr 2, 5:42 AM
Aug 2020
With the exception of the exceptional Wethermon arc, this has been an utterly boring and forgettable anime. I think I'll pass on season 2 and will just look up the Lycagon fight once it happens.
Apr 2, 6:53 AM

Sep 2023
The world and story of this anime are intriguing, but holy shit are the side characters unbearably annoying. The prospect of the insufferable cat character tagging along for the next journey is a real turn-off. It's also strange that the last two episodes of this season were essentially filler. I'll still be checking out Season 2, but my expectations aren't super high.
Apr 2, 9:26 AM

Dec 2017
That loli dude caught me off guard lmao. Last few episodes were full of that sweaty grind and now that it picks up again... onto next season!! Happy that it's more 25 episodes of fun though.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Apr 3, 12:04 AM
Mar 2024
Absolutely amazing.
Apr 3, 8:21 PM

Nov 2009
Well... that's it guys, I am going to try and main a Pink Hair Loli in every game I play.

LOL

Also... guess NPC's also got NPC stalkers too huh...

And it's a Cat x Bunny combo... hmm...

With that, Sun's got another powerful NPC group (the Catz)

The Pink hair girl turns out to be the "LORE" group. Possibly the same guys that do game guides.

Feels like Sun should actually befriend them, but also ask them to keep some stuff hidden cause it'll jeopardize Sun's current "special event line"

LOL @ the SLF theater, haha, poor Sun gets send to get bunch of stuff by B-nee-chan.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 4, 11:07 AM
Dec 2016
Omg i loved it so much
I cannot wait for the second season and the revelea's along the way
Apr 5, 3:38 AM
Jun 2012
A great production with a high-quality run.

Looking forward to the second season with its 2 cours!
Apr 5, 3:52 PM
Jul 2023
It was very beautiful. I hope Sunraku progresses in love in season 2.
Apr 5, 4:22 PM
Jul 2008
This anime surprised me, it's actually better than the overhyped Frieren. From story to comedy this top the another one.
The fights especially Wethermon are really cool.
The bunnies are cute and funny lol, I'm curious about Emul's 3rd sibling, hope they show in 2nd season.

Apr 6, 9:00 AM
Nov 2020
Kimurah said:
And thus this stretched out nothingburger of gaming sham finally gets to an end. It could had easily fit in just 13 episodes taking out all the padding and worthless infodumping or plain blabbermouthing scenes

Shame that so much effort was invested in animation and voice acting in a hollow and souless show with cardboard cutout characters. Take a look at GunGale Onine as a good example of doing more than just the "gamur" experience, Lenn felt more like an actual character with more sides than just one smug act like Sunraku does, in fact her personality IRL was completely different and the online gaming part that allowed her to just unwind and reach out to people.

Characters like Rei had no purpose other than being doormart to inflate the neckbeard fantasy of a cute girl stalking a literal nobody that only plays videogames all day and has zero personality or skills. Shame that Aramis joined until now, he's the legit only clown in this circus that made me laugh (that and Bilac that served the necessary role of a straightman)

Remember kids, good graphics don't make a videogame, and in the same way, good animation shouldn't be an excuse to cover for poor storytelling and poor character writing.

This thread is such an easy game of “Spot the Idiot”
Apr 6, 1:05 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Decent finale to what has been a fairly fun 2-cours of Shangri-La Frontier.

God, the voice in the end there got me chuckling quite hard too, props if it's intentional. All that mystery about the "truth of the world", I wonder what that's all hinting about.

Cat and Bilac-san's dynamic is hilarious, I would've love to see more of that, lol. I could tell they wanted to feature Psyger 0 somehow in this episode, lol, and I'm glad for that, even though it meant nothing really.

Both banger Openings, hopefully we'll see them again in a few month's time. Reona's ED was a great song but felt a little too sad for the ED theme, it was perfect for the conclusion of the Weathermon battle, but that's just a small gripe from me.

7/10, looking forward to the next cour.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 6, 11:59 PM
Oct 2021
Great last episode cant wait for season 2
Apr 7, 8:03 AM
Apr 2021
nice anime to anime beatiful graphics 2024
Apr 7, 6:29 PM
Aug 2016
all of it the anime is masterpiece for me. The character gameplay excatly like me the rage when he lose or the grind he did for item like wonderfoul excatly like real gamer... I love it
Apr 8, 12:13 AM
Jul 2017
20/10 AND GOD.............
Apr 8, 4:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That cat is sure something lol, but if it can helps with the materials that's nice... now that professor with a deep voice but a little girl avatar was also unexpected but that's how you troll with your appearance in video games ahaha, I wonder how Sunraku will react to the invitation, since it can help him but he needs to be cautious.... can't wait for S2 to see the revenge against Lycaon, what a great anime overall
Apr 9, 3:07 PM
Jul 2015
Great anime, very well paced, action is fun and visuals are good.
Apr 10, 12:38 AM
Sep 2021
What SAO wishes it could be. Very good characters and world lore. Excited to see where it goes from here.
Apr 10, 4:24 PM
Feb 2024
bird man get cool daggers
Apr 12, 6:10 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to RynoSwagman
Kimurah said:

This thread is such an easy game of “Spot the Idiot”
@RynoSwagman

ROFL. The alt/bot accounts aren't even hidding they are shilling bots.
Apr 12, 7:10 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Kimurah
@RynoSwagman

ROFL. The alt/bot accounts aren't even hidding they are shilling bots.
@Kimurah what? What language are you even trying to speak here? If anyone’s a bot it’s you lmao
Apr 13, 6:29 PM
May 2022
Start to finish hands down my favorite power fantasy anime. I'm a sucker for an ideal speculative mmorpg and how it would play out, having loved King's Avatar, Grimgar, among others, but this one simply blows all the other ones out of the water with its game WORLDS (more than 1), animation, and character dynamics. Can't wait for season 2!
Apr 13, 7:56 PM

Oct 2008
Was not expecting that deep voice on Professor, really caught me off guard. Anyways, another reference to the truth of the world yet we still got nothing as far as lore goes. Especially these last few eps were somewhat weak with their focus on the game aspect.

That said, was really enjoyable overall. Wethermon arc was definitely the highlight. Really hoping Sunraku accepts the friend request from Professor and there is more lore development next season.
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Feb 2020
"yorokobe shounen" ass voice 😭😭😭

I did not expect that at all lmao

Can't wait to watch season 2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 6:03 AM

Apr 2015
The visuals are obviously really nice, and I did appreciate how it just stayed a VRMMO show and explored the idea pretty straightforwardly. I didn't really have an issue with the non-ending, considering the immediate sequel announcement it shouldn't really be considered an ending in the first place

I never felt the narrative was ever interesting though, so it cannot get much higher than a 5 or 6 in my book.
The characters and premise might not work in a serious setting, so maybe it's just better this way
Apr 15, 10:48 AM

Mar 2019
Mahou Shoujo with Alucard voice haha.🤣
Apr 16, 10:38 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
This was a really good show. It had its ups, it had its moments where the story stalled, but the fights in it were solid.

The ending itself did feel like it was going nowhere.. but I'm sure in a second installment we would get right back to fighting Lycagon. And since Sunraku eventually learned about the things that he intentionally skipped from Day 1, he has the upgraded skills to help move the story along.

For him to be experiencing this unique story, it makes you wonder how many other unique scenarios there are for players to explore. Surely Sunraku's friends can find their own unique routes so they can have something to brag about.
Apr 17, 3:26 AM

Nov 2012
I honestly started pretty lukewarm on this, after being interested in this series since the manga first started, then later on there were some things I liked like the rabbit boss, the Wethermon or w/e he was called fight and things that absolutely grated on me at times like how annoying the screeching of that lil rabbit could be and a few other minor annoyances. The SLF Theatre Mini's were often enjoyable at least.

Unfortunately this series just about scraped a 7/10 for me, meaning it was good and I enjoyed it, but it was teetering on the edge of being a 5 or 6 (just average/okay for me). So I'd still be hesitant about who I'd recommend this to. A shame as I had higher hopes for it as a series. I enjoyed enough to continue to S2, but can't see a long ongoing commitment to watching this if it continues to drag out, I think the manga is still ongoing, so we'll see how the adaptation pans out. Will get to S2 once it's out eventually when I have the time, the first season being on Netflix defo helped me get through it much quicker than I likely would've otherwise.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 17, 11:44 AM
Aug 2020
can't wait for season tbh
Apr 19, 6:21 PM
Mar 2019
He ended up with so much stuff and we got a new character, or two.
The Girl hardly appeared the second half, but. i'm not complaining.
Good season all round.
Apr 20, 4:44 PM

Dec 2013
We finally got the pink hair girl that we saw in the opening and she's is nothing like how I imagined. The gap between the avatar and the old man voice was hilarious.
Apr 23, 1:57 PM
Mar 2024
Overall good take on the overpowered VR character.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18

91 by Huperchild »»
May 21, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24

60 by KyoyaTempest »»
May 19, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

91 by leeyo69 »»
May 17, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11

156 by Akapilka »»
May 15, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2023

106 by SojuBonk »»
May 13, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.