Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 11:22 AM

Feb 2012
Reply to Kayle_x_Morgana
love it. s tier episode.
but the ending was a very weird way to end a season.
@Kayle_x_Morgana
I was wondering how they would wrap it up, but combined with all the screen time they dedicated to the higher class hunters prepping for the attack on the island's gate but using that it just took the last 5 seconds,

to setup a little for what's 'to come'.

I think they were able to keep the last episode all centered on Jinwoo while still foreshadowing that the threats to come are "evolving" (forgive my pun) >_>
SevWrenMar 30, 11:29 AM

Mar 30, 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
Normally I would rise an eyebrow and question the validity of the hidden ace under the sleeve that got protag kun out of an impossible situation. But then again, in this case it does feel warranted since the daily quests and their punishment for not completling them were a subject that were shown over and over throught the season. Probably my only gripe in this finale was the short scene of Gung Hee president and his understaff right after the opening credits, it serves absolutely no purpouse to anything presented in this episode other than just being padding to stretch the point where Jin finally finds his way out of the battle against the armored knights.

Overall it had been a fun ride, animation wise it was great even if other shows had even better animation this season. But at least it always had me entertained and interested on what was up next to come (unlike the other power leveling fantasy that also ran thru this season with 25 episodes of stretched content).

I'm definitely looking forward for Arise whenever it comes out.
Mar 30, 11:30 AM
Apr 2022
I DO REALLY NEED SEASON 2 ASAP!!!
Mar 30, 11:36 AM
Jan 2023
Perfect adaption Loved this Season and really Excited for Season 2
Mar 30, 11:38 AM

Mar 2021
I really liked the choreography in this anime. Had some of the most unique cuts that we hardly see even in high quality series. Hope they maintain this production value, or even increase it in the upcoming season!!
Mar 30, 11:41 AM
Sep 2023
Nah, this was the best "Manwha to anime" adaption ever! Sure they skipped some scenes; weren't able to 100% match the art; changed some perspectives in scenes but overall they sticked to the source material and were able to keep it accurate! This episode wasn't what I was expecting really - was kinda expecting the same hype as episode 11 - but it was well done and I can't wait for season 2. And damn. OKIRO!!!!!!🎉
Mar 30, 11:42 AM
Jun 2022
No Problems with this episode it was Nice...
but EPSIDOE 11 was definitely MUCH MUCH BETTER! not only because The action in that episode was GOD TIER but also the SOUND DESIGNING,VOICE ACTING,ANIMATIONS etc everything set the BARR very HIGH...

before the series was ADAPTED or even ANNOUNCED...Everyone was Hyping the word "ARISE" like it will be the GREATEST MOMENT of the whole SEASON...
although it is was a GREAT MOMENT in terms of PLOT and Character Development
but from my POV for sure not the BEST MOMENT in the whole SEASON..
Mar 30, 11:42 AM

Jul 2015
Arise... Finally, we have seen the most iconic moment in the manhwa. Animation was better than I expected. Time to wait for second season.
Mar 30, 11:44 AM
Sep 2018
Igris is the best. Can't wait for the next season.
Mar 30, 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
We're giving you a bonus for clearing so well because we gave you so much power previously then set the challenge low!

Man this is such a bottom tier gamelit/isekai/shounen
Mar 30, 12:01 PM
Jun 2019
baaaaad asssssss super cool
Mar 30, 12:05 PM
Feb 2021
OMG IM GENUINELY GEEKING, MY HEART RATE IS SO HIGH FROM WATCHING THAT
Mar 30, 12:07 PM

May 2021
glorified and edgier sao but i still like both of them. can't wait for season2!
Mar 30, 12:08 PM
Jan 2017
So good! Wish it was more episodes in the season but such a great place to end
Mar 30, 12:17 PM
Oct 2021
o comentário em português
o anime não foi ruin fora disso foi muito bom e boas lutas mas no requisito história deixa muito a desejar se tivesse sido contado de uma boa forma a não ser tacando as coisa na sua cara seria melhor.
Mar 30, 12:18 PM
Jun 2022
it was really poggers
Mar 30, 12:19 PM
Oct 2022
Sokah said:
We're giving you a bonus for clearing so well because we gave you so much power previously then set the challenge low!

They didn't set the challenge low. I think it's worse, the challenge was survive with no healing no purchases. And when he was about to lose, they took him out to a place where he could heal, let him prep for the enemies he knew were there, let him increase his stats by leveling up, and let him buy new challenge specific equipment.

The challenge was fine and then they just said, "Nah, just kidding. Treat it like any old mission and do whatever you want."

I don't hate the episode or show, but as challenges go, what's the point??
Mar 30, 12:22 PM

Jun 2023
Just another great episode, this completes the series in a good way.
Even tho I didn't read the source material, I can say Jinwoo became the definition of godlike strength, like, ARISEEE!!!
So now he has Igris on his Side, and ofc these Shadow Soldiers.
What is his Hunter rank now, I wonder? Because, there's no way he's still on E Rank tho-

Best thing is, there will be a Second Season!
For that season, I hope they can keep the quality and the animations of this previous one.
I wonder what will happen there, will he tell others about his strength that he has kept a secret?
Will he become even stronger? I don't know, maybe if I'm too impatient, I start reading...
Mar 30, 12:26 PM
Dec 2022
peak anime of all time
Mar 30, 12:50 PM
Mar 2024
IGRIS THE BLOODRED, THE GOAT
Mar 30, 12:52 PM
Mar 2016
IT WAS PERFEEEEECT
Mar 30, 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
Ok I guess I'm not getting the hype over a word. Ok he's a necromancer now.

I guess I just dont get it because I just don't care about Jinwoo. He's turned into a heartless jerk. The girl he had a crushed on in the beginnning said she was quitting being an adventurer and Jinwoo didn't care. He's gotten way more distant from his sister too.

What is the point of leveling, what is he fighting for? Power? Power for what? To do what?

I didn't much care for any of the other characters either. Most were bad guys. I have no connection to this guild group about the island.

I liked the fights, they were great but I just didn't care. Maybe its just me. I'm not trying to bash how anyone else feels, I'm glad everyone else was able to get behind Jinwoo and to care, but it just didn't happen for me.

Maybe that will change with season 2....but this is a 6/10 for me.
Mar 30, 12:56 PM
Apr 2023
ARISE! im waiting for the next season!!
Mar 30, 12:57 PM
Aug 2018
Are people in this thread trolling hard or I am missing something that only manhwa readers feel? The moment he said "Arise" was nothing special, just like the whole episode. Overall, since the season's finally ended, I can't get the grasp of how it has anywhere above 8/10 rating (I mean, I know it's MAL with its peculiar ranking, but still). To each their own, I suppose. We all have different tastes, but for myself, it's pretty much one of the most overhyped anime by the die hard manhwa fanbase I've ever watched. 7/10 from me and I can only hope the second season will deliver.
Mar 30, 1:00 PM
Feb 2015
Very satisfying final episode, the dungeon work like as if it in game, of course we have to deal with mage first, the runes from igris help a lot. The necromancer thing is greeat, the system complety analysed him and give him suitable class. Thought he was going to be asssasin class or paladin something. Igris bowing to Jinwo is cream of the top chilling experience.

Are jeju island on next plan if solo leveling is planned for other season perhaps...
Mar 30, 1:02 PM
Dec 2013
Very strong story style anime
Mar 30, 1:02 PM

Jul 2012
That was a lot of fun. A nice end for the season and setup for the next arc.
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Nov 2020
definitely a disappointment
smoke dat weed get high as shit
Mar 30, 1:09 PM

Apr 2020
Massively overrated show imo.
Good job to the animators but the rest is very mediocre.
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 30, 1:12 PM

Sep 2007
For how much people were hyping that Arise thing, this was kind of a letdown.
Still a nice anime, will watch season 2 but far from what I expecting.
At least Igris had a great visual, specially as a shadow.
Mar 30, 1:29 PM
Feb 2021
Ahhh. I have been waiting for this moment for a long time.

Jin Woo: ARISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 30, 1:33 PM

May 2019
Leave it to the daily quest to get Jinwoo out of that predicament and gain a few more levels. I did not see Jinwoo becoming a necromancer/shadow monarch though and now he commands a bunch of shadow mobs including a powerful Igris. I'm curious how his future fights will go now that he has those shadow mobs.

This series as a whole was a fun and entertaining watch with lots of action. The animation and character designs were good and the storyline was intriguing. I'm looking forward to watching the next season/cour. 8/10
Mar 30, 1:38 PM
Dec 2023
THAT WAS SICK!!!
CANNOT WAIT TILL NEXT SEASON!
Mar 30, 1:39 PM

Jun 2023
HE SAID THE THING!! THE THING!!
Mar 30, 1:56 PM
Feb 2024
arise is so cool and i am excited for season 2
Mar 30, 1:57 PM
Feb 2024
Perfect adaptation!
Mar 30, 2:04 PM
Jul 2022
Wow................
Mar 30, 2:05 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to LucenProject
Sokah said:

They didn't set the challenge low. I think it's worse, the challenge was survive with no healing no purchases. And when he was about to lose, they took him out to a place where he could heal, let him prep for the enemies he knew were there, let him increase his stats by leveling up, and let him buy new challenge specific equipment.

The challenge was fine and then they just said, "Nah, just kidding. Treat it like any old mission and do whatever you want."

I don't hate the episode or show, but as challenges go, what's the point??
@LucenProject It's actually even worse than that. He was worse than GRANDMA playing a video game and couldn't figure out the challenge to kill the mages. They had to give him the full rest, level him up, let him buy the perfect equipment for it... then they had to not AUTOFAIL for leaving the battlefield... THEN he STILL couldn't figure out the challenge and killed knights for like 10 minutes. This was an easy mode task anyone should have figured out but they had to god mode him for him to do it.

All these people screaming EPIC EPISODE after watching their Grandmother fumble around and finally have the game just give her the win is HILARIOUS. Guess it goes to show, now matter how garbage something is, there will always be people that will like it.
Mar 30, 2:06 PM

Mar 2019
this only gets a 5 star so i dont have to watch it anymore
Mar 30, 2:12 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to Icceman
Are people in this thread trolling hard or I am missing something that only manhwa readers feel? The moment he said "Arise" was nothing special, just like the whole episode. Overall, since the season's finally ended, I can't get the grasp of how it has anywhere above 8/10 rating (I mean, I know it's MAL with its peculiar ranking, but still). To each their own, I suppose. We all have different tastes, but for myself, it's pretty much one of the most overhyped anime by the die hard manhwa fanbase I've ever watched. 7/10 from me and I can only hope the second season will deliver.
@Icceman They're not trolling. The bell curve is a thing, you'll always find people that will go fanatic over anything. Hell, there are even people that love She Hulk and all the Marvel and Star Wars garbage we're getting.

He just spent 20 minutes fumbling around and the game got sick of him and god moded him before he could figure out all he had to do was kill the mages. Just go to Twitch and find an e-girl with her crotch in the camera playing Elden Ring and you can get the same bottom tier gameplay but better animation.
Mar 30, 2:28 PM
Apr 2018
The ending gave it +1 points
Mar 30, 2:30 PM

Feb 2020
Score-8*(B+). Very good anime, this show is more focus on action atleast for now because yeah sometimes we got info about the other characterers but I didn't really care about them... Yet, Except my one guy champ and that little helper with a goofy armor I like him and... Thats it. So for now the action is great as expected from A-Picture. Arise is... Cool ability to have, I mean an army of shadow that can served you after you defeated them and you can call them to fight for you????.... Now thats what a call an awesome level up (hehehehhe get it). Well can't w8 for the next season and OP1... Not to bad.. ED good.
LizsakiMar 30, 2:34 PM
Mar 30, 2:34 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Yeah cheatcode activated? Haha, good season. I had alot of fun.
8/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 30, 2:36 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
IamAnaRCHy said:
this only gets a 5 star so i dont have to watch it anymore

Maybe then just don't watch it? Could help.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 30, 2:41 PM
Aug 2019
surprising twist on career advancement
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
Unfortunately, it wasn't that satisfying as I hoped it would be.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 30, 2:50 PM

Jul 2022
Here we come to the end of Solo Leveling and there is already a second season confirmed. I haven't read the manhwa, and maybe I'm missing some references, but I think the anime had some better moments than others. However, it was a pretty entertaining and action-packed show.

The anime's soundtrack was fantastic, especially during the moments when Jinwoo demonstrated his power. I'm excited for what's to come, especially now with his ability to summon an army of shadows.
Mar 30, 2:51 PM

May 2015
The scene with the Jinwoo of the past talking to Jinwoo is kinda interesting.

Not a bad series overall, but not so much striking, to be honest.
Mar 30, 3:08 PM

Apr 2018
I wanted ARISE, not OKIRO damnit!
But, aside from that and the mahō shōjo transformation to Shadow Monarch, it was the best adaption I saw so far! Can't wait for the s2
Mar 30, 3:11 PM
Aug 2020
I won’t lie, i really enjoyed every seconds, they really did a great job.

i´m really excited for the S2…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Yesterday, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

263 by Shortwing53 »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

72 by Fallen_Core »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.