May 2022
OPM fans when anime doesn't come out: 🤬🤬

OPM fans when anime returns: 🤬🤬
Mar 7, 8:44 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to hi777
_otaku_man00 said:
hi777 said:
bro why are you so fixated on the animation one punch man is not known for it it's known for its comedy and it's characters if you want that good animation go watch demon slayer man I find the animation good idk what's wrong

well you are correct but action is also a big part of OPM , it has best action scenes when compared to all the other animes, and if you say OPM doesn't need high animation then demon slayer/jjk doesn't even deserve it at all .

bruh action has nothing to do with animation there are other aspect like choreography direction are also involved eg og Naruto is not having good animation compared to today standards still it action scenes are far better than modern fight scenes also the animation isn't as bad as your saying it is
@hi777 bro i didnt complain a damn shit when attack on titan's art style changed and when they were heavily using cg for the titans cause ik that that is not the main aspect of attack on titan but it is the actual story, and one one punch man is not one of those anime, like bro its literally the manga is literally about a super hero who is over powered and obviously action sequences plays a major role in portraying this message to us. in if a single mangaka could draw a frame by frame neat drawing to demonstrate a action sequence (one of sonic's fight was literally drawn as it were some key frames for an animation) why cant studio with multiple people working can not pull that shit off?? time is not sufficient? go on take ur time delay it until ur satisfied with ur product. (the director of the upcoming uzumaki anime delayed the anime for nearly 2 years just so he could attain perfection for his 4 episode anime which im very happy to know about since he cares about the quality and satisfaction of his audiences) and i want the kind of treatment same for this anime. and for ffs bro "nothing to do with animation" bruh "choreography" bruuuhhh animation literally consists of
->strory boarding
-> directing
-> choreography if ur planning to animate a detailed body hand to hand or melee to melee combat
-> drawing
-> more drawing for correction
-> even more drawing to fill in the gaps
-> even more drawings to make it fit in with the background
-> and finally colouring
if ur saying animation doesnt matter then ur "choreography" "direction" is literally nothing.
Mar 7, 8:50 AM
Jan 2024
monke_guy said:
@hi777 bro i didnt complain a damn shit when attack on titan's art style changed and when they were heavily using cg for the titans cause ik that that is not the main aspect of attack on titan but it is the actual story, and one one punch man is not one of those anime, like bro its literally the manga is literally about a super hero who is over powered and obviously action sequences plays a major role in portraying this message to us. in if a single mangaka could draw a frame by frame neat drawing to demonstrate a action sequence (one of sonic's fight was literally drawn as it were some key frames for an animation) why cant studio with multiple people working can not pull that shit off?? time is not sufficient? go on take ur time delay it until ur satisfied with ur product. (the director of the upcoming uzumaki anime delayed the anime for nearly 2 years just so he could attain perfection for his 4 episode anime which im very happy to know about since he cares about the quality and satisfaction of his audiences) and i want the kind of treatment same for this anime. and for ffs bro "nothing to do with animation" bruh "choreography" bruuuhhh animation literally consists of
->strory boarding
-> directing
-> choreography if ur planning to animate a detailed body hand to hand or melee to melee combat
-> drawing
-> and finally colouring
if ur saying animation doesnt matter then ur "choreography" "direction" is literally nothing.

no way I'm going to read that 💀 bye
Mar 7, 8:52 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to hi777
_otaku_man00 said:
hi777 said:

I have read it wht now

OPM has the best art. and it deserves the best animation atleast but it's not even getting attention that what our concern is.

atleast it's still getting an adaptation and the animation is still good ask berserk and Tokyo ghoul fans their adaptation were disastrous
@hi777 tokyo ghoul never had bad animation it had a very bad director who wanted to tell his side of the story. the animation is honestly decent in the sequels. And berserk bro... they literally wished for not getting an anime adaptation after witnessing how horrible the animation was, and ur saying "atleast its still getting an adaptation" and i dont want the same thing to happen with opm after witnessing those other worldly manga panels
Mar 7, 8:53 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to hi777
_otaku_man00 said:
hi777 said:

bruh I have read the manga and ik there is action but you are being too negative also I'm done I gtg study for my final exams

i am not complaining about other anime or i don't even care my problem is that OPM is not getting much attention. .

bro it's #4 in anime and #7 in manga how many more popularity do you need 💀 also you haven't even seen the season the DS trailer are also shit doesn't mean the anime is bad
@hi777 bro leave him
Mar 7, 9:34 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to ashutoshanime

@ashutoshanime i have the ability to wait patiently and i would be more than happy if s3 got delayed for quality improvements and i already mentioned this quite a few times in this forum. i was never angry at the unknown release date im only mildly infuriated by the quality of the trailer.
Mar 7, 10:05 AM

Oct 2023
Even if this one guy is the "best animator" they have, give it time.

Let's say you're right and this is the most fluid and well choreographed it gets. Does that remove from quality of the manga or season one? Obviously not. Now approach those two things with the same sentiment you carry now; how could you at all judge this thing in an unreleased state? I understand season two was perceived as far lesser in comparison to the first, but that's only a conclusion you could've arrived to after it fully released.

Save your breath for when there is actually something to critique.
Mar 7, 10:32 AM
Oct 2020
PlasticRobot said:

Let's say you're right and this is the most fluid and well choreographed it gets. Does that remove from quality of the manga or season one? Obviously not. Now approach those two things with the same sentiment you carry now; how could you at all judge this thing in an unreleased state? I understand season two was perceived as far lesser in comparison to the first, but that's only a conclusion you could've arrived to after it fully released.

yes, i understand what you are trying to convey to me. But I never mentioned the animation in the trailer to be the best of quality they are able to produce, all I'm trying to say is that the studio/director or whoever is the head for this project is trying to rush this project which can clearly be seen in the trailer, as compared to the works previously made by the person who made this trailer, this is not even close to the works he had done in the past. if the studio is really willing to give it's best in producing then why hinder with a man's single standalone sub project which is a pre made trailer(meaning these scenes in trailer will not be there in the actual anime, but the fight between garou an those 2 other individuals will be present except they will be a bit different) by rushing him and making him not deliver the trailer with his utmost potential. this is what infuriates me that they are willing to cut costs and show this project to the audiences asap and not take time and let the animators do their work in their pace.
Mar 7, 10:48 AM
Aug 2023
Bro wrote an essay 💀
Mar 7, 11:21 AM
Apr 2009
Yup, as a former animator I can tell this isnt gonna be it. At least JC staff has more time on their hands with this one, but eh.

I just dont understand, OPM season 1 sold well no? Why cant they hire an expert studio for this one
Mar 7, 12:31 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to monke_guy
@hi777 tokyo ghoul never had bad animation it had a very bad director who wanted to tell his side of the story. the animation is honestly decent in the sequels. And berserk bro... they literally wished for not getting an anime adaptation after witnessing how horrible the animation was, and ur saying "atleast its still getting an adaptation" and i dont want the same thing to happen with opm after witnessing those other worldly manga panels
monke_guy said:
tokyo ghoul never had bad animation it had a very bad director who wanted to tell his side of the story.

Neither is true. Shuhei Morita is an excellent director, specially when you look at some of his shorts. He had already mentioned back in an AMA that season 2 was already conceived by producers to be an original story by the time S1 was still in production. The problem was that Ishida's drafts were drastically changed, and Morita explicitly mentions that he himself had multiple different ideas that were pulled out by the production committee.
Mar 7, 2:30 PM
Oct 2020
Oongbuh said:
monke_guy said:
tokyo ghoul never had bad animation it had a very bad director who wanted to tell his side of the story.

Neither is true. Shuhei Morita is an excellent director, specially when you look at some of his shorts. He had already mentioned back in an AMA that season 2 was already conceived by producers to be an original story by the time S1 was still in production. The problem was that Ishida's drafts were drastically changed, and Morita explicitly mentions that he himself had multiple different ideas that were pulled out by the production committee.

oh.. I thought bro wanted to go full on free style after s1
Mar 7, 2:33 PM
Oct 2020
LilChowMain said:
Bro wrote an essay 💀

y'all would be saying "go check yo eyes" or sum shi to me if I never gave u guys a solid proof on why we have to worry about the animation of S3.
Mar 7, 7:30 PM
Jun 2023
PlasticRobot said:

it's just a teaser but it was not even an animation, personally , i didn't like fight between gauro and both monsters and i really like music and garous last part while he was showing his back, the thing is they could have made a good animation teaser, season 3 is all about action after-all, why make a half ass manga colouring panal , please don't compair OPM with other animes, for me personally, i liked action and comdey in OPM, i hope it gets a very good animation atleast.
Mar 7, 7:42 PM

Oct 2023
_otaku_man00 said:
it's just a teaser but it was not even an animation

???

_otaku_man00 said:
please don't compair OPM with other animes

You are delusional.

How could you even begin to know season one was worth its salt without comparing it to other anime?
Mar 7, 8:24 PM
Oct 2021
Saijantikki said:
bro let it come out first

Mismo estudio la misma mierda no cambia nada y no es por "igualar" a la primera temporada... es para intentar acercarte al manga.
la tercera temporada será un asco
Mar 7, 10:51 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to PlasticRobot
_otaku_man00 said:
it's just a teaser but it was not even an animation

???

_otaku_man00 said:
please don't compair OPM with other animes

You are delusional.

How could you even begin to know season one was worth its salt without comparing it to other anime?
@PlasticRobot bro leave that dude, he yaps without backing his yapping.
Mar 7, 10:54 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Ssjbryando
Yup, as a former animator I can tell this isnt gonna be it. At least JC staff has more time on their hands with this one, but eh.

I just dont understand, OPM season 1 sold well no? Why cant they hire an expert studio for this one
@Ssjbryando "more time" nah i don think soo they are clearly trying to rush this project which can clearly be seen in the trailer
Mar 8, 7:52 AM

Jul 2023
I think your expectations are way too high. If you're going to compare animation to other works, you'll never be satisfied. I'm just glad we got a season 3 at all, and from an objective standpoint, the animation is good if you don't go and compare it to a heavy hitter, that's dumb.

Besides, it was just a teaser which consists of literally less than 1% of content in the anime. Calm down and let it air first before spouting misplaced criticism.
It'll all be okay in the end. If you're not okay, it's not the end.
Mar 8, 8:32 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to gloozed
I think your expectations are way too high. If you're going to compare animation to other works, you'll never be satisfied. I'm just glad we got a season 3 at all, and from an objective standpoint, the animation is good if you don't go and compare it to a heavy hitter, that's dumb.

Besides, it was just a teaser which consists of literally less than 1% of content in the anime. Calm down and let it air first before spouting misplaced criticism.
@lmosa heavy hitter??? are you questioning OPM's popularity? if u think power fantasy like mashle (which is literally a parody for fantasy/harry potter, which is almost the same thing as OPM's parodying aspect but here they parody a super hero) and solo leveling (sure it maybe popular but its peak popularity is not even close to what OPM was in its peak) are heavy hitters then I'm not in the wrong at all. OPM literally carried an entire generation of new anime audience which might literally be twice or even more bigger than what the shows u called "heavy hitters" will ever achieve through out their runtime.

" was just a teaser"? "just"? do you even have the slightest idea on how important a trailer/teaser for advertising any sort of art perceived as entertainment is? if ur trying to sell a project you would obviously sell the best part of ur project, and after studying about the anime industry for quite a while now, people who fund/produce anime all of them try to sell the best part of their anime even if the plot is deemed as 'shit' they would make it up for the animation. if this is the best they could deliver even though it being a pre-made trailer obviously i will be worried.
And this is J. C. staff we are talking about if i know anything about them then its "always judge a book by its cover".
Mar 8, 10:26 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to monke_guy
@lmosa heavy hitter??? are you questioning OPM's popularity? if u think power fantasy like mashle (which is literally a parody for fantasy/harry potter, which is almost the same thing as OPM's parodying aspect but here they parody a super hero) and solo leveling (sure it maybe popular but its peak popularity is not even close to what OPM was in its peak) are heavy hitters then I'm not in the wrong at all. OPM literally carried an entire generation of new anime audience which might literally be twice or even more bigger than what the shows u called "heavy hitters" will ever achieve through out their runtime.

" was just a teaser"? "just"? do you even have the slightest idea on how important a trailer/teaser for advertising any sort of art perceived as entertainment is? if ur trying to sell a project you would obviously sell the best part of ur project, and after studying about the anime industry for quite a while now, people who fund/produce anime all of them try to sell the best part of their anime even if the plot is deemed as 'shit' they would make it up for the animation. if this is the best they could deliver even though it being a pre-made trailer obviously i will be worried.
And this is J. C. staff we are talking about if i know anything about them then its "always judge a book by its cover".
@monke_guy You completely missed the point.

By "heavy hitter" I'm talking about any work of animation that isn't apart of the subject at hand, which is not synonymous with saying another anime's animation is better. Saitama vs Boros for example, that was a heavy hitter in terms of animation in my opinion. What I'm saying is that you comparing a work to something else is null and void, because it's bound to not be the absolute best work ever made obviously. You're literally ruining the anime for yourself by heightening your expectations and then compare it to something that just happens to be better, and then get sour about it when it isn't. Especially when the comparison in question is just 2 minute clip and not a full series as a whole. Reach brings me to my next point.

A teaser is exactly that, a teaser. Yes, it is meant to sell you on the product, but you can't tell me that an entire 12 episode series can be judged off of a single clip. I guarantee you the climax of the series is bound to be better than that of a teaser that is only meant for anticipating the anime's release and drive attention for the viewers. Saying the teaser should be the absolute peak of the anime, in other words the best part of the product is questionable. Why even watch it in the first place then if the quality deteriorates from that point?

In my case, I learn to never judge a book by its cover. After reading the manga, I'm sure the animation is going to be great. It may be wishful thinking, but what you saw in the teaser really isn't the extent of what the anime itself can portray in terms of animation quality. Again, it was just 2 minutes.

Also, Mashle has been in my plan to watch for a month now...I have yet to watch it. :l
Mar 8, 11:56 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to monke_guy

@monke_guy
First, "importance of advertisement". Teaser for season 3 is better than ALL trailers for season 2. Similar season 2's "special announcment teaser" was just a bynch of text and reveals of poster and release date. So yes, J.C. Staff do seem trying a little bit more with the marketing of season 3.

Second, "it's bad pre-animated trailer". Although Mappa has certainly changed the game with pre-animated trailers for their shows, not only they use pre-animated trailers/teasers. Just other studios don't waste nearly as much resources on them. Let's look at Kaiju № 8. Anime will only air this year, yet first teaser for it was revealed in december 2022, when they obviously didn't have anything. So they pre-animated trailer, in which they have shown few background shots and main character turning to the camera. Re:Zero season 3 had obvious pre-animated trailer, because it shows events that won't happen in the story. And it consists of bird flying for a minute and few characters standing.

So reality is this. J.C.Staff's pre-animated teaser is more ambitious than ones from many other studios, but it just not of the level of Mappa teasers.

Now, about actual quality of the trailer. Yes, even season 2 had better segments of animation, animated by the same guy, who did this trailer. And yes, teaser feels a bit rushed. However many problems of season 2 come from other aspects besides animation: bad compositing, bad sound design and inconsistent character designs. Animation was mostly just inconsistent. Some segments had great animation, while others mediocre and bad. This trailer suffers a bit only from one problem, inconsistent character designs during some parts of the action. Compositing, lighting and effects look good. And ost is used well, especially moment when Garou's theme interrupts Saitama's one.

So season 3 has all chances to feel much more high quality than season 2 even if animation still stays on the same level. Would I like to see more from the adaptation? Absolutely. However first teaser is promising.
Mar 8, 12:54 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to Belin_T
@monke_guy
First, "importance of advertisement". Teaser for season 3 is better than ALL trailers for season 2. Similar season 2's "special announcment teaser" was just a bynch of text and reveals of poster and release date. So yes, J.C. Staff do seem trying a little bit more with the marketing of season 3.

Second, "it's bad pre-animated trailer". Although Mappa has certainly changed the game with pre-animated trailers for their shows, not only they use pre-animated trailers/teasers. Just other studios don't waste nearly as much resources on them. Let's look at Kaiju № 8. Anime will only air this year, yet first teaser for it was revealed in december 2022, when they obviously didn't have anything. So they pre-animated trailer, in which they have shown few background shots and main character turning to the camera. Re:Zero season 3 had obvious pre-animated trailer, because it shows events that won't happen in the story. And it consists of bird flying for a minute and few characters standing.

So reality is this. J.C.Staff's pre-animated teaser is more ambitious than ones from many other studios, but it just not of the level of Mappa teasers.

Now, about actual quality of the trailer. Yes, even season 2 had better segments of animation, animated by the same guy, who did this trailer. And yes, teaser feels a bit rushed. However many problems of season 2 come from other aspects besides animation: bad compositing, bad sound design and inconsistent character designs. Animation was mostly just inconsistent. Some segments had great animation, while others mediocre and bad. This trailer suffers a bit only from one problem, inconsistent character designs during some parts of the action. Compositing, lighting and effects look good. And ost is used well, especially moment when Garou's theme interrupts Saitama's one.

So season 3 has all chances to feel much more high quality than season 2 even if animation still stays on the same level. Would I like to see more from the adaptation? Absolutely. However first teaser is promising.
@Belin_T I suppose I agree. I just wanna enjoy some anime tbh; the animation isn't a make it or break it for me. One Punch Man was never carried by its animation, anyway. I really just want to follow the story further, since season 2 was a very ambitious cliff hanger. I'm just going to shut up and watch.

I'd rather rejoice and be happy we got a new season rather than criticize all the things I dislike and what could've been better. There was a time where season 3 seemed very unlikely, so I'm just glad we have anything at this point. As long as it's not The Seven Deadly Frames level of bad, no complaints here. I won't try to change your opinion with long drawn out essays, but we both know we're probably gonna watch it anyway, so might as well be happy it's here and didn't get discontinued. *Cough* (No Game No Life) *Cough*

Mar 8, 5:09 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Belin_T
@monke_guy

@Belin_T guess only time will tell...
Mar 9, 7:58 AM
Jul 2023
How many threads like this will be made? Let's see.
Mar 9, 10:55 AM

Dec 2020
monke_guy said:
@TheFounder131 see u understand what im saying even tho u haven't read much of my bullshit. that best animator surely made on of the best works in anime but even comparing the trailer to his standards it was mid at best he has done some crazy shit but this compared to those crazy shit this is barely a surface level of what he coulve pulled off.

I 100% believe that JC staff will fuck this shit up and non manga readers will still eat that shit up lol. Forget abt the animation 2 seconds into the teaser I was already disappointed by the lighting.
Mar 9, 11:00 AM

Dec 2020
_otaku_man00 said:
TheFounder131 said:
I ain't reading all that tho I agree I was expecting better animation and People should lower their expectations for S3 cause the trailer animation was done by JC STAFF's best animator. I still can't believe JC Staff is back, its so disappointing.

People saying JC staff can do it have not read the manga. For a proper adaption OPM needs jjk or mob sycho type treatment which I don't see happening. Personally I would prefer no adaptation at all than JC staff coming back.

I would love to be proven wrong.

yes, season 3 needs jjk treatment but it's not even getting rent a gf treatment,and that's disappointing, the action scenes in manga are the best, I have never seen that kind of art in any manga up until now, yet it doesn't get much attention. other animes like jjk or demon slayer has ok art but they are getting high royalty animation, but for OPM any studio is not coming forward to adapt it is a high shock for me.

Yeah it's sad ngl I really hope This season gets cancelled cause I can't see JC staff animating this. From S1 to S2 that was such a downgrade. I thought all the hype and popularity OPM manga got now S3 would have a better production but nahh. All those good studios and still we are back to JC staff, pure circus.
Mar 10, 1:11 AM
Jan 2017
"btw the trailer was literally animated by the studio's best animator" this has not been confirmed at all lmao. it's literally from twitter brainrot losers who spread lies and shit for no reason. i honestly can't believe you'd try to back up your own ridiculous point with a blatant lie. if you don't see an improvement from the trailer to S2 then you're deadass just blind. the compositing looks way better, no 3d assets are used to bug god or royal ripper (when typically they would be used for more complex designs/metal objects such as a knife). the character design also looks much more consistent compared to S2.

At the end of the day, no one really gives a fuck if you stop caring about the anime. You also clearly don't have any idea on how anime production works too they can't just "delay" it anytime they fucking want they have a set deadline that is seeming to be way longer than the typical anime production time so once again you are just speaking out ur ass.
Mar 10, 1:38 AM

May 2021
Reply to Massdrop
"btw the trailer was literally animated by the studio's best animator" this has not been confirmed at all lmao. it's literally from twitter brainrot losers who spread lies and shit for no reason. i honestly can't believe you'd try to back up your own ridiculous point with a blatant lie. if you don't see an improvement from the trailer to S2 then you're deadass just blind. the compositing looks way better, no 3d assets are used to bug god or royal ripper (when typically they would be used for more complex designs/metal objects such as a knife). the character design also looks much more consistent compared to S2.

At the end of the day, no one really gives a fuck if you stop caring about the anime. You also clearly don't have any idea on how anime production works too they can't just "delay" it anytime they fucking want they have a set deadline that is seeming to be way longer than the typical anime production time so once again you are just speaking out ur ass.
Massdrop said:
At the end of the day, no one really gives a fuck

Well you white knights will start giving many many fs if the s3 will sell even less anime merchandise than s2 (and generally the profits will drop even more ) and you are gonna have to wait even more years for a season 4 ,because every sane person who has seen(and doesn't have eye problems) the chapters that s3 will adapt are just too complex for this studio to handle properly. It is a talented studio but not talented enough for the quality of opm.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Mar 10, 11:27 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
Massdrop said:
At the end of the day, no one really gives a fuck

Well you white knights will start giving many many fs if the s3 will sell even less anime merchandise than s2 (and generally the profits will drop even more ) and you are gonna have to wait even more years for a season 4 ,because every sane person who has seen(and doesn't have eye problems) the chapters that s3 will adapt are just too complex for this studio to handle properly. It is a talented studio but not talented enough for the quality of opm.
@Yubisoft Oh boy. First, Production committee obviously plans to adapt whole Monster Association Arc. That's literally why it was announced right when it ended in the manga and not before. They for several years had enough material to make season 3, but they had decided to wait not just for announcment or it, but release as well. Why? Specifically to avoid possible waiting time between seasons 3 and 4.

Second, many great series don't get sakuga fest. And quite a good example is Baki. Mangakas always draws extremely muscular fighters with ton of details on their bodies and faces. As a result in anime at first they've tried to use 3d models of humans in some fights, which looked ugly. And later instead they just started cutting corners a lot with animation. And yet, Baki got multiple seasons and still goes on strong. Because it's on Netflix, which covers most if not all of the production costs. Times are different. Bluray and DVD sales are not prime factor of anime being success ot not.
Mar 16, 8:21 PM
Jan 2023
ashutoshanime said:

opm fans when anime doesn't come out: 🤬🤬

opm fans when anime returns with same studio:🤬🤬
Mar 18, 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
Knowing whats going to happen I can only assume that J.C Staff is gonna absolutely butcher this season, go read the Manga if you don't wanna get disappointed.

I hate to be the person saying "The Manga is better"

But J.C Staff managed to even look S2 look bad which wasn't even that big of a deal.
The 3rd Season has so much crazier stuff going on that I cannot even picture Mappa doing a good job at it, so how can J.C Staff do it after that lackluster S2, well they cannot and will not.

Hate to be a hater, but please read the manga if you actually like One Punch Man.
Mar 18, 9:39 AM

May 2021
Reply to Venumidas
Knowing whats going to happen I can only assume that J.C Staff is gonna absolutely butcher this season, go read the Manga if you don't wanna get disappointed.

But J.C Staff managed to even look S2 look bad which wasn't even that big of a deal.
The 3rd Season has so much crazier stuff going on that I cannot even picture Mappa doing a good job at it, so how can J.C Staff do it after that lackluster S2, well they cannot and will not.

Hate to be a hater, but please read the manga if you actually like One Punch Man.
Venumidas said:
so how can J.C Staff do it after that lackluster S2, well they cannot and will not.

People will defend this by saying JC didn't have enough time for S2 and that's why they couldn't do a good job. Which is not true because no matter how much time you have to cook if you aren't a good cook you won't make good food no matter how much time you have . And as you said Season 3 will adapt way too complex chapters for JC to adapt properly ....

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Mar 19, 6:24 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Venumidas

@Venumidas Bro, hate blinds your judgement. S2 was such a letdown not because of animation for the most part, but because of terrible compositing, colours and awful SFX.

Season 3 will have more fights, but crazy stuff is almost exlusively season 4 material. Weird for "manga fan" to not know it. Main question of course is quality of CGI for some monsters. Season 2 had great cgi, but it's not a guarantee.
Mar 19, 6:39 AM

Dec 2014
Reply to Belin_T
@Venumidas Bro, hate blinds your judgement. S2 was such a letdown not because of animation for the most part, but because of terrible compositing, colours and awful SFX.

Season 3 will have more fights, but crazy stuff is almost exlusively season 4 material. Weird for "manga fan" to not know it. Main question of course is quality of CGI for some monsters. Season 2 had great cgi, but it's not a guarantee.
@Belin_T What I mean is that S2 as a whole was absolutely disappointing.

Ofcourse I could point out every single detail of why that is, but I'd rather stick with the easy answer that also encompaes everything I would have to say.

Yes you are also right that the really crazy stuff might happen in Season 4 (or a movie) which obviously will be done considering this is a cashgrab and an actual effort at creating something incredible.

So yeah, see you again in the Thread for S4/Movie. where I will tell people to tone down their hype again after a failed 3rd season.

Again, every single argument made for S3 possibly being good can easily be disproven.
And every single argument I can make for it being bad, I can easily reinforce with facts.

So AGAIN, nothing points towards this being incredible in any way shape or form.
At the very absolute best, it might reach the heights of a "Average" show, which will please some people, but looking at the hype in contrast to that just shows a great delusion in the fanbase.
Mar 19, 9:18 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Venumidas

@Venumidas as an anime only fan of OPM the 3rd season will be the last chance for me cuz I didn't like season 2 interms of animation, art and especially the sound effects💀

So if it turns out to be lazy I will read the manga ( I already got vol 1 ,2 and 3 and will buy the rest)
Mar 26, 2:03 AM
Feb 2021
@dirtneck So Berserk anime destroyed manga's legacy? Or My Hero Academia anime is destroying it's manga's legacy because of often subpar quality? Your argument is inherently stupid.
Mar 26, 3:54 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Massdrop

@Massdrop
Massdrop said:
"btw the trailer was literally animated by the studio's best animator" this has not been confirmed at all lmao

Okay, lets suppose he isn't the best animator but it doesn't change the fact that compared to his previous works the trailer isn't that good.
Massdrop said:
if you don't see an improvement from the trailer to S2 then you're deadass just blind.

you deadass serious???!! you still think s2 composition sucks? if you do.... then, u r the fucking blind one.
Massdrop said:
no 3d assets are used to bug god or royal ripper (when typically they would be used for more complex designs/metal objects such as a knife). the character design also looks much more consistent compared to S2.

Which fukn studio uses cg knife? i mean i have seen cg great swords but i still have yet to see a cg knife in s 2d animated show
Massdrop said:
the character design also looks much more consistent compared to S2.

idk i still cant say anything about the design consistency since it is an entire fuking 12 episode and this is a 2 minute clip
Massdrop said:
At the end of the day, no one really gives a fuck if you stop caring about the anime

fair point.
Massdrop said:
You also clearly don't have any idea on how anime production works too they can't just "delay" it anytime they fucking want they have a set deadline that is seeming to be way longer than the typical anime production time so once again you are just speaking out ur ass.

Do you know what the term 'delay' means right? If you don't let me elaborate it to you, delay is the the act of postponing, hindering, or causing something to occur more slowly than normal.
Massdrop said:
they have a set deadline
In short its literally delaying the already set deadline and hell lotta modern anime are doing this such as AoT(had done it), Uzumaki(hopefully the final delay), isekai ojisan, nier(delayed a few episodes) and so many more.
We don't control the set deadline its the higher ups or producers (directors really don't have much authority over a project in the anime industry, unless if the project is directly funded by their own personel studio) if they want their shows to gain attraction or success they have to take measures for it be what they want it to be.
Mar 26, 2:52 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to monke_guy
@Massdrop
Massdrop said:
"btw the trailer was literally animated by the studio's best animator" this has not been confirmed at all lmao

Okay, lets suppose he isn't the best animator but it doesn't change the fact that compared to his previous works the trailer isn't that good.
Massdrop said:
if you don't see an improvement from the trailer to S2 then you're deadass just blind.

you deadass serious???!! you still think s2 composition sucks? if you do.... then, u r the fucking blind one.
Massdrop said:
no 3d assets are used to bug god or royal ripper (when typically they would be used for more complex designs/metal objects such as a knife). the character design also looks much more consistent compared to S2.

Which fukn studio uses cg knife? i mean i have seen cg great swords but i still have yet to see a cg knife in s 2d animated show
Massdrop said:
the character design also looks much more consistent compared to S2.

idk i still cant say anything about the design consistency since it is an entire fuking 12 episode and this is a 2 minute clip
Massdrop said:
At the end of the day, no one really gives a fuck if you stop caring about the anime

fair point.
Massdrop said:
You also clearly don't have any idea on how anime production works too they can't just "delay" it anytime they fucking want they have a set deadline that is seeming to be way longer than the typical anime production time so once again you are just speaking out ur ass.

Do you know what the term 'delay' means right? If you don't let me elaborate it to you, delay is the the act of postponing, hindering, or causing something to occur more slowly than normal.
Massdrop said:
they have a set deadline
In short its literally delaying the already set deadline and hell lotta modern anime are doing this such as AoT(had done it), Uzumaki(hopefully the final delay), isekai ojisan, nier(delayed a few episodes) and so many more.
We don't control the set deadline its the higher ups or producers (directors really don't have much authority over a project in the anime industry, unless if the project is directly funded by their own personel studio) if they want their shows to gain attraction or success they have to take measures for it be what they want it to be.
monke_guy said:

Although shot with Bang is great, most of the still frames were not even close to this level. And in fact your screenshots does show why compositing was heavily disliked. It's metal texture that can be seen on Genos's first. It was so off, that many people desided that it's cgi or 3d. Like this guy:
Massdrop said:
no 3d assets are used to bug god or royal ripper (when typically they would be used for more complex designs/metal objects such as a knife)

There were 2 problems with this texture: First, this texture is very grainy, so it contrasted a lot with basically all other objects, which had just plain colours or colour gradients. And second, they were often not applied properly, massively decreasing readability as a result. Robots especially suffered from this, because their highly detailed designs turned into just a mess with it.
Mar 26, 10:42 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Belin_T
monke_guy said:

Although shot with Bang is great, most of the still frames were not even close to this level. And in fact your screenshots does show why compositing was heavily disliked. It's metal texture that can be seen on Genos's first. It was so off, that many people desided that it's cgi or 3d. Like this guy:
Massdrop said:
no 3d assets are used to bug god or royal ripper (when typically they would be used for more complex designs/metal objects such as a knife)

There were 2 problems with this texture: First, this texture is very grainy, so it contrasted a lot with basically all other objects, which had just plain colours or colour gradients. And second, they were often not applied properly, massively decreasing readability as a result. Robots especially suffered from this, because their highly detailed designs turned into just a mess with it.
@Belin_T
Belin_T said:
And in fact your screenshots does show why compositing was heavily disliked.

i haven't met anyone who disliked it or had complains when s2 first aired, this is my first time hearing people complain about the composition. But yeah they overworked with the shades, they used too much / relied on too much airbrush(soft shades) instead of using hard solid and defined shades.

(season 1)
Belin_T said:
Although shot with Bang is great, most of the still frames were not even close to this level.

have rewatched a few episodes and there are quite a decent chunk of pretty solid still frames.
Belin_T said:
There were 2 problems with this texture: First, this texture is very grainy, so it contrasted a lot with basically all other objects, which had just plain colours or colour gradients. And second, they were often not applied properly, massively decreasing readability as a result. Robots especially suffered from this, because their highly detailed designs turned into just a mess with it

idk whether ur talking about the trailer or season 2 but season 2 used more complex shades and colors for the robots and other metallic charc making them standout (didn't blend in with the rest of the world) and felt a bit 3d
Belin_T said:
massively decreasing readability as a result. Robots especially suffered from this, because their highly detailed designs turned into just a mess with it.

nah it wasn't a mess infact the the metallic parts and characters were a bit too clean and stood out it was super easy too read except it just didnt sit right with our eyes that's all.

Overall for me s2 composition was decent (maybe its just my taste.) but it did feel off at few moments.
but if ur saying this sucks then idk...

but the + point of the trailer is that it is back with hard solid defined shades.
Belin_T said:
which had just plain colours
usually plain colors are more used in most of the anime tho and even s1 used more plain colors so i do not understand where you are going with this...
Mar 28, 4:36 AM
Oct 2020
@dkhadeer
dkhadeer said:
8-12 months of production.
that is actually pretty low and pretty damn tight of a schedule. If u are gonna animate an action anime with intense and well-choreographed fight scenes you need a minimum 2 years if the studio contains only about a 12-25 inhouse animators(animators who specifically work under their studio's orders and not for any studio such as free lancers) which is usually the case, time is not only necessary for fight sequences and action, it is also necessary on how u portray the characters and Kyoto animation(there are more but i do not like to extend this post much longer) does it beautifully since most of its anime is SoL and warm-feel anime.
dkhadeer said:
u don't even know wt it takes to animate something.
i am actually learning and most of the time i sit in my room all day my draw a bunch nonsensical shit only so i can show to my parents that i have what it takes to pursue my hobby for even greater heights, who time and time again say im good for nothing and you are telling me that i don't even know what it takes to animate? if drawing for two people so that they can acknowledge ur existence is already exhausting then just how much worse would it feel for a person who took that up as their full time job having to draw and redraw and redraw the same same fukn frames until a big fat money hungry, smelly fat fucks who might possibly be a a disgusting predator and might even cancel the project the animators are working on mid way feel satisfied, would feel? obviously 100x worse than what current me is suffering from.
dkhadeer said:
wt do u all mean by animation is ok, good, mediocre or am ok if they take more time to animate shite the f up???
the reason i 'seriously' started to watch anime was for the fact on how talented people would portray/present the story in their own style. And if there is no personal artistic style or full potential of one's skill/talent, then why greenlight the show in the first place? and isn't that what anime is supposed be also while promoting the original source that they are so fond of that they made it into a 2d motion picture with quite a catalog?
dkhadeer said:
for jjk they announced 2 yrs back they r in pre production and still we all hear that the animators are animating in between airing (if u haven't, go 1st delete mal app).
what point are you trying to make? are you supporting my statements that the "certain indiviuals" who were underwhelmed for those fight sequences, that later the studio had to add extra and reanimate a few sequences just so they could meet the 99% of public's expectations? (a rare case where the studio cares for the audience and also profiting off of it even though it is kind of excessive and uneccessary)
dkhadeer said:
for chainsaw man anime they took 2 yrs for just to produce 12 eps and some pre-production for movie,
yeah obviously.... it was the directors passion project and also accepted the fact that if possible he might as well animate rest of Fujimoto's works.
dkhadeer said:
for a single fucking anime film "read line" madhouse took 7 yrs to animate ( mainly bec of production but other major part is bec of animation it has)
'Redline' was also a passion project and something that the director was soo fond off about, but unfortunately suffered a massive flop in the big screens in Japan, which later in the future found its place in the anime community as one of the most beloved anime by some random ass post online, and anime wasn't quite popular as it is right now. And btw animation/animating is directly under the category of production. Both ain't an entirely separate process.
dkhadeer said:
MOST OF U D**A*** WATCH ANIME IN PIRACY that too in COMPRESSION [ 1 ep =200mb(1080p) , actual raw in crunchyroll is abt 1.4gb (1080p) and actual perfectly uncompressed verson is around 3gb ( which airs in tv ] .
well it aint my fault that most of you guys watch in piracy and not my fault that japan likes to gate keep its things. And why would u even come to a point that a random person online watches anime using pirated means? Through out my life i either watched anime on tv or streaming platforms that is unless the anime is not that popular and most of the time limited to pirated sites. And also the raw episodes are actually released on TV and the ones which are on CR, NETFLIX, Hulu and other similar streaming sites are the 'Ott ver.' these versions are quite difficult to extract if not its literally impossible to extract them and watch since they use their own personalized file format which is only accessible through their respective streaming sites/apps.
dkhadeer said:
shut the fuck up u all, do u guys even know what is 24 fps?? if u know this , u won't see this f***ing post in the 1st place, u all judging about this anime... this post is my biggest joke of this month.
the biggest joke is you not understanding how anime is actually animated. Nobody fukn draws the entire 24 frames which lasts only 1 sec these days unless u are ghibli, Disney(og, ik its not an anime studio), OLM(og), or any other og studios who put high budget into their ambitious projects. They use this techinque called 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s, in 1s they animate every single frame rarely ever used these days, 2s they put still frames for 2 frames and continue on to the net frame with a slightly different or an entire new scene, it goes on like these depending the number of frames they skip or put a still image on during any sakuga or bodily movements or sequences (its basically skipping a few frames). most used are 3s and 2s and only a talented animator can make use of 4s, and 1s is usually reserved for ambitious sequences and pretty important or highlighted sequence or if u are anything like ufotable, A-1 and Kyoto animation you'd reserve 1s for comedic sequences. And i also don't think they draw every single fukn frame, most of the time the camera pans out to random objects or characters run a audio/voice over behind it. Since action sequence don't happen every 5 minutes an anime unless the arc is about to end or sumn.
dkhadeer said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP NO 1 ASKED U TO WATCH ANIME.

why tf would you censor dumbass and not fuck like are you lackin the basic braincells to deem what is overly offensive and what is not?

And my god most of ur points still not contradict/oppose what I'm trying to say. It's literal nonsense.
And i cant fucking believe I'm actually answering to this nonsense.
monke_guyMar 28, 6:54 AM
Mar 28, 12:00 PM
Oct 2020
@dkhadeer
dkhadeer said:
talks shit to a professional animator
please show me the part where i shit talked about animators. I usually support animators if u ever find me in any post regarding an anime's animation i almost every time defend the animators and blame the studio/producers.
monke_guy said:
edit1:- i found out the trailer was animated by a single dude aoki, i have seen some of his works not gonna lie dude is a fukn power house
I praised the animator who animated the OPM s3 trailer.
monke_guy said:
but even someone like him underdelivered the trailer considering his previous works already hints that people in the studio barely started their production and knowing how anime is produced i think its better to lower our expectations as much as possible.
here i just said that the trailer was underdelivered and not how he usually does whenever the animator gets the spotlight.
monke_guy said:
by his standards this is not his best work nor even close to his best work which directly hints that bro was NOT GIVEN enough time to animate.
and here i supported him on why the animator underdelivered with the trailer.
monke_guy said:
jc staff. they have some pretty neat anime like their certain scientific railgun or certain magical index or their konosuba movie, or edens zero
over here i even supported the studio and gave examples where the studio excelled in animation.
What I'm trying to say is that despite holding a pretty decent track record for good and well animated Action anime why are they fumbling their biggest bag ever which is second to Toradora!.
dkhadeer said:
very1 need to edit every frame as per the need like movements of eyes, fingers, hair etc
u are not wrong but. Considering that usually Producers are the ones taking any action whenever J. C. staff are animating/working on a project, so obv its usually both the director and the actual editor to work on the editing who usually dismiss those tiny mistakes most of the time. And usually editing every frame or edit anime frame by frame is only done for those anime where they are given at least 1-2 years of minimum production time and that too a movie or an ova type shit. And considering OPM s3 it doesn't qualify either of those since it will most likely be a 12 episode anime with a set deadline maybe mid-end of 2025 considering OPM to be quite popular and sequels of popular anime(No Game No Life is an exception💀) tend to release sooner than those of the avg anime releasing seasonal. So... yeah, i don't think they gonna edit it frame by frame but they at least try to enhance the animation by controlling saturation, light adjustment, motion blur, and other similar effects that usually take the help of computer generated graphics. And if you still think they gonna edit frame by frame which is equally as exhausting as animating and also hella time consuming than normal editing.
dkhadeer said:
did u practice every frame by just drawing at home without any colouring the frame and final colour grading????
yes, i did infact animate only body movements and camera angles and a shit ton of visual effects such as beams, flames, wind and once in a while (like once every few weeks) impact frames. But i still don't get what are you trying to say, are u implying that they suffer more than me? then i have already mentioned that here.
monke_guy said:
obviously 100x worse than what current me is suffering from.
if you are trying to say that it is time consuming and exhausting then.. i also said that the studio could take its time if possible delay the anime for qualitative improvements
monke_guy said:
the director of the upcoming uzumaki anime delayed the anime for nearly 2 years just so he could attain perfection for his 4 episode anime which im very happy to know about since he cares about the quality and satisfaction of his audiences) and i want the kind of treatment same for this anime.
here and also over
monke_guy said:
bro im literally saying i would gladly wait for the studio to take their time and delay this shit
here.
dkhadeer said:
at least I said sorry,
yeah and i even mentioned it over
monke_guy said:
lmfao so you are gonna absolutely let that person slide
here.
dkhadeer said:
image if u burst ur a** up just to make a single 10 sec scene of animation for an entire month and Client says all u did is copy and paste!!!!
i wasn't the one saying it tho it was that dude 😭.
dkhadeer said:
Ok Mr. albert Einstein who practice animation at home there is an concept called " change blindness", in which our brain fails to detect images ( frames) are minimal, or quick occur, viewers may fell that it was copy past. Simply To ur Einstein brain, our human eyes can't catchup to that shit and tricks our brains like it is an copy and paste but actually it is not. this is very common in humans
My brother in christ.... change blindness is a phenomenon where the brain ignores subtle changes around the surroundings (such as the position of certain plants, color of the bark of a tree reflections in the window, subtle body movements) and focuses on the actual main info that is taking place or an object big enough to
leave a mark in our brains (metaphorically) such as a red car or a conversation taking place or AN ACTUAL FUCKING FIGHT SCENE or anything that our brain considers to take note of. And i don't think what u said about actually applies to that referred action sequence, like everything in that fight scene was loud and clear idk how u could dismiss intense bodily movements as secondary and useless info unless u have an attention span of a fukn fly. And if u say bodily movements can be dismissed as secondary and usless info then yeah it does, FUCKING SUBTLE MOVEMENTS that is.
WHICH FUCKING PART OF THIS SEQUENCE CAN YOU DISMISS AS SECONDARY INFO. Almost every punch and kick is as clear and loud as it can be.
Once again you have misunderstood that dude. You see Naruto has a lot of hand to hand combats and the person who animated Kakashi VS Obito (Naoki Kobayashia) animated quite a decent chunk of these hand to hand combats and usually many artists have this particular set of style that is unique to only them such as choreography and one of those quality probably stood out during his spotlight of hand to hand combat sequences and this prolly stood out the most to the person who watched that fight, finally deeming that sequence as copy paste of previous fights. This phenomenon is somewhat similar to "INATTENTIONAL" blindness (phenomenon where instead of focusing on something that is clearly in front of u but u focus on something that u had previously seen) and not change blindness
dkhadeer said:
half knowledge.
if anyone here has half knowledge then its clearly you 🤣.
dkhadeer said:
and each and everything u replied has a loophole u d**a***
once again why are you censoring dumbass? It is clearly less offensive than shit and y tf for dumb after 'd' u only put 2 *'s and for ass u put 3 *'s after the 'a' isn't it the other way around?
dkhadeer said:
has a loophole

Shit is gonna be a long ride from here are you ready?
monke_guy said:
that is actually pretty low and pretty damn tight of a schedule. If u are gonna animate an action anime with intense and well-choreographed fight scenes you need a minimum 2 years if the studio contains only about a 12-25 inhouse animators(animators who specifically work under their studio's orders and not for any studio such as free lancers) which is usually the case, time is not only necessary for fight sequences and action, it is also necessary on how u portray the characters and Kyoto animation(there are more but i do not like to extend this post much longer) does it beautifully since most of its anime is SoL and warm-feel anime.
8-12 months for producing an action packed anime is as cruel as you can be even if the studio has talented animators, ever heard of the "seven deadly sins season 3 incident" or the "AoT s4 pt1 incident"?
And since we are talking about J.C. Staff which has the arsenal for about 110+ animators and having 12 anime up their ass called schedule where 2 of these anime were quite the giants back then such as fairytail: 100 year quest and obviously OPM s3 and also possibly the 3rd season of Eden's Zero (not yet confirmed) and also considering the budget restraints J.C. Staff usually put on an anime lets say the number of people working on s3 of OPM is around 30-50(editors, music directors and many more required person for a specific field included) which is pretty common in most studios animating an anime filled with action sequences. And time is the key, the more time and dedication put into the more beautiful the outcome would be, with a minimum of 2 years or 20 months.
dkhadeer said:
u don't even know wt it takes to animate something.
i do infact know what it takes to animate, time, patience, dedication and skill.
monke_guy said:
i am actually learning and most of the time i sit in my room all day my draw a bunch nonsensical shit only so i can show to my parents that i have what it takes to pursue my hobby for even greater heights, who time and time again say im good for nothing and you are telling me that i don't even know what it takes to animate? if drawing for two people so that they can acknowledge ur existence is already exhausting then just how much worse would it feel for a person who took that up as their full time job having to draw and redraw and redraw the same same fukn frames until a big fat money hungry, smelly fat fucks who might possibly be a a disgusting predator and might even cancel the project the animators are working on mid way feel satisfied, would feel? obviously 100x worse than what current me is suffering from.
i may not know much about animation since im still learning but i do know the basic flow chart of how anime is animated and i have already mentioned it in a nutshell
monke_guy said:
and for ffs bro "nothing to do with animation" bruh "choreography" bruuuhhh animation literally consists of
->strory boarding
-> directing
-> drawing
-> and finally colouring

dkhadeer said:
wt do u all mean by animation is ok, good, mediocre or am ok if they take more time to animate shite the f up???

monke_guy said:
the reason i 'seriously' started to watch anime was for the fact on how talented people would portray/present the story in their own style. And if there is no personal artistic style or full potential of one's skill/talent, then why greenlight the show in the first place? and isn't that what anime is supposed be also while promoting the original source that they are so fond of that they made it into a 2d motion picture with quite a catalog?
i mean u literally asked for my opinion there is no universally applicable or acceptable answer for the question you asked. Ok they take time 🤷‍♂️i mean i literally covered that in the previous topic and it is their job to animate and the reason they got that job because the person who hired them liked their work and prolly expects more from them. and also at the same time it was the reply to this 👇
dkhadeer said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP NO 1 ASKED U TO WATCH ANIME.

dkhadeer said:
for jjk they announced 2 yrs back they r in pre production and still we all hear that the animators are animating in between airing (if u haven't, go 1st delete mal app).
yeah ok... so? even after the time constraints didn't they still manage to deliver the audiences expectations if not out delivered it? what are you trying to say? they met and satisfied audience's demand. and my entire answer is as same as the previous one 👇 i still don't understand what answer u want me to give.
monke_guy said:
what point are you trying to make? are you supporting my statements that the "certain indiviuals" who were underwhelmed for those fight sequences, that later the studio had to add extra and reanimate a few sequences just so they could meet the 99% of public's expectations? (a rare case where the studio cares for the audience and also profiting off of it even though it is kind of excessive and uneccessary)

dkhadeer said:
or chainsaw man anime they took 2 yrs for just to produce 12 eps and some pre-production for movie,
"just to produce 12" "just"? really? once again 2 years is recommended production time if it was your avg anime but CSM had some of the best visually stunning fight sequences, HECK! the normal sequences are already way better than your avg anime and also 11 different ed for each episode (i removed 1 since ep 1 didn't have any animated ed sequence) and you still say "just" it was when CSM was in production that we heard Mappa was over working its staff which clearly hinted that those 2 years were clearly not enough to maintain both the animators well being and the anime's consistency.
dkhadeer said:
for a single fucking anime film "read line" madhouse took 7 yrs to animate ( mainly bec of production but other major part is bec of animation it has)
yeah, ok... 7 years.. literally my fukn point let the studio take its time to animate s3 of OPM like how MadHouse took 7 years to animate redline which was through out visually stunning masterpiece for the entire film's runtime, but flopped hard since it took too much time (taking time is necessary but too much time is also dangerous) and also because of the film's astronomical budget of 30mil USD (budget constraint is necessary too). Well budget is the primary reason but 7 years isn't exactly the main reason but the actual reason was for the fact that people really didn't have much source to know whether the anime was gonna be good days prior its release since its an anime original so people just gave up on it. And since OPM has a trusted source (the manga) being flopped due to a long production time really isn't much of a threat for the anime.
dkhadeer said:
Abt that piracy.... 🤐 I rather quite than explain to u,
y are u gate keeping ur self from explaining the reason to me, do u want a fellow being to stay a "d** a***" for the rest of his miserable life? anyway u really needn't to explain that to me, ik the anime industry suffers a major blow due to piracy due to the fact that majority of the audience internationally watch anime of piracy sites and its a major loss for the anime industry. Once again it ain't my fault people watch anime thru illegal means so stop venting out on me who uses legal means to watch.
dkhadeer said:
that too in COMPRESSION
and tf does compression even have to do with the current topic?
dkhadeer said:
TV and DVD versions are completely different than OTT version
yeah and i clearly explained how the ott ver. or the ver. from streaming site is not raw anime but instead a modified video format so that it can be played for that particular site/app, and raw anime is the untouched, not modified, not translated, final product which is obtained after the production which is given to TV stations who later air the footage on TV channels such as NHK. And DVD/BLUray are modified product or more accurately refined and better versions of the one's that aired in the tv and one's sent to streaming platforms, DVD/BLUray versions are the cleaned and improved versions of the previously finished product.

and once again i dont understand how the points you made contradict or atleast corelate the the topic im talking about in this forum.

and tf is a loophole? loophole is like a gap where its a chance to do illegal things with out actually breaking any laws or rules, loophole isn't even the right word to begin with you dumbass its called doublespeak or gibberish u dumbass.
monke_guyMar 29, 11:39 PM
Mar 29, 6:29 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleanend. Please write all posts in English, stay on topic and keep the discussion civil otherwise I will close the thread.
Mar 29, 7:00 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to -DxP-
Thread cleanend. Please write all posts in English, stay on topic and keep the discussion civil otherwise I will close the thread.
@-DxP- srry man wont happen again, just got worked up because people keep on arguing with me without any solid backup or source and straight up answer with whatever comes to their minds, and when they say i don't have any backup and in the next post replying them i do provide back up but people ignore it just cause they deem it "too long" and this behavior kept on getting on my nerves, and they also kept on accusing me of things i didn't even state.
Mar 30, 12:16 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Belin_T
@Yubisoft Oh boy. First, Production committee obviously plans to adapt whole Monster Association Arc. That's literally why it was announced right when it ended in the manga and not before. They for several years had enough material to make season 3, but they had decided to wait not just for announcment or it, but release as well. Why? Specifically to avoid possible waiting time between seasons 3 and 4.

Second, many great series don't get sakuga fest. And quite a good example is Baki. Mangakas always draws extremely muscular fighters with ton of details on their bodies and faces. As a result in anime at first they've tried to use 3d models of humans in some fights, which looked ugly. And later instead they just started cutting corners a lot with animation. And yet, Baki got multiple seasons and still goes on strong. Because it's on Netflix, which covers most if not all of the production costs. Times are different. Bluray and DVD sales are not prime factor of anime being success ot not.
@Belin_T
Belin_T said:
many great series don't get sakuga fest. And quite a good example is Baki.
yeah cause the animation for the fight scenes is suitable for baki, like there really isnt much goin on with their bodies other than makin stance, throwing a bunch of ora oras and muda mudas. So even if baki had a sakuga fest we really wont find much of it. And besides the drawing consistency, visuals and details on the characters are great through out the series, which even OPM s2 had suffered with almost every episode.
Belin_T said:
Because it's on Netflix, which covers most if not all of the production costs.
ok but who covers the budget for OPM most likely some private individual or the manga distributor its self, meaning at the end they have to gain profits through bluray/DVD's, merchandise and other similar stuff. Even if the show had complaints for animation and corporate later buys or rents the anime for streaming it still doesn't change the fact the previous season failed and most people would lose interest whether the next season might at least meet a bare minimum expectation and in turn dropping the anime, similar incident already happened in real life its quite popular to point where it was meme'd to death, which is none other than our beloved seven deadly sins.
Belin_T said:
Bluray and DVD sales are not prime factor of anime being success ot not.
i agree to some extent but what are the actual factors tho? like are you talking about popularity?
Mar 31, 1:36 AM
Jun 2021
we don't even deserve this season because of people like you who don't appreciate anything
might as well just hand over every single project to mappa
Mar 31, 6:28 AM
Oct 2020
TYNAMO11 said:
we don't even deserve this season because of people like you who don't appreciate anything

what part should I appreciate? like do you really expect a person who got spoiled and was pampered a lot in his bing private mansion (implying season 1) suddenly to appreciate a 10$ watch as a gift? if a predecessor set a bar then the successor should be the one that stays on par with it, if they tried real hard might as well set a new height. Did you see seven deadly sins? ever since its disaster of a season the show kept on going downhill to the point where almost 70% of the hype it had was gone, the reason seven deadly sins still getting an adaptation is thanks to Netflix who has a pretty bad record on what kind of anime to spend money on but recently there has been quite a spike after they released dorohedoro. If a sequel doesn't even nearly meet the quality its predecessor had left then it is bound to fail especially in action anime where the story is pretty much direct and straightforward and heavily relies on action and hype.
I don't really have any complaints for the animators the studio has quite a decent track record for animating some visually stunning fight sequences but they really fumble over one of their biggest and most popular action anime. s2 was a major shit show, the only good thing about it was the soundtrack, it barely had decent fight animations and that too thanks to Aoki without him we prolly wouldn't even have gotten those decent fight scenes with that tight of a production schedule and the fucking sound design oml it was soo shit that it felt like a very cheap knock off version of David productions sound design. If the person who controls this project really wants success then they should at least see why so many hated season 2 and this keeps on happening it will just send the anime to a steady decline.
Mar 31, 6:37 AM
Oct 2020
TYNAMO11 said:

the trailer might be an improvement considering s2's animation (but it is still on the same level as some of s2's best fight sequences such as the "real" introduction of garou and genos vs garou) but still judging by the studios other anime it's still no where near what the studio is actually capable of producing. This clearly shows that the studio is trying to rush this project all I did in this forum was it would be better if the studio took time till where the final product quality is just as good as some of the other action anime that J.C. Staff produced.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hero Visual #4 Fubuki

OvergrownRover - 2 hours ago

4 by aoo-kun »»
23 minutes ago

» God-level animations?

Leon888 - Apr 18

22 by JoySeeker »»
Jun 2, 4:47 AM

» Butchered Adaptation, No Hope.

Okeanix - Feb 29

41 by Jokuc »»
May 24, 8:52 PM

» Season 3 Director

BLACKANGER - Feb 29

25 by todd2580 »»
May 21, 8:25 AM

» Is it Releasing this Fall, or next year winter or maybe even later and the episode number

Jatin587 - May 5

16 by DayRivia »»
May 12, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.