Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 27, 2023 6:12 PM
Sep 2021
Favourite Anime of the Season, sad about ending here, but have hope for a 2nd Season... 9/10⭐
Sep 27, 2023 6:25 PM

Apr 2022
that first scene was cool because i have a natural bias towards fight scenes with music playing over it. average show overall for me though, plot never interested me that much, don't have any favorite characters although going by process of elimination it would probably be shizuku. not a big fan of the character designs and art style either, animation was alright but directing was great. cool they got sugita, miki shinichiro and miyano for this show but it's forgettable nonetheless.
Sep 27, 2023 6:30 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Jackson1333
Kimurah said:
Saving 3 girls is better than saving none.

Is saving 3 girls, when you have to murder 3 others really better then saving none?

B3RyL01 said:
Why the hell is Shizuku going commando? XD

I'm Pretty sure either last episode, or the one before, when Aya and Tsugaru found Shizuku in the prison, They said they were able to find all her clothes except her panties
@Jackson1333 "I'm Pretty sure either last episode, or the one before, when Aya and Tsugaru found Shizuku in the prison, They said they were able to find all her clothes except her panties"

If that's the reason then why not admit it? Why hide behind "I'd rather not tell"? Perhaps they couldn't find her panties, because she wasn't wearing any to begin with? Hm?
Sep 27, 2023 7:16 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Old trick, this same trick was used in tantei gauken q,

Sep 27, 2023 7:16 PM
Feb 2021
JaysonNnN said:
Just be patient for a season 2 in several years.. 🙇‍♂️
Out of the 4 volumes released from the novel, the anime has adapted 3.
It's going to be long but that means we can have a season 2 in the future !

Sad day to see how much was adapted. This was genuinely my favorite show of the season so I’m kind of bummed to have to wait that long for a season 2 🥲
Sep 27, 2023 8:14 PM
Aug 2022
This was actually one of the better shows this season, I really hope they make season 2 pretty fast but of course I hope it's done right as well. Also I like how in the end of the episode it shows that although Aya thinks she's seen it all she realizes she hasn't heard it all, namely how loud Tsugaru can yell 😂. I really like the characters in this show too, I like everything in this show the more I think about it. Solid 8/10 and please let season 2 come quickly.
Sep 27, 2023 8:46 PM
Jul 2022
Adorei esta série 👍👍👍
Sep 27, 2023 8:57 PM
Sep 2021
Aya has solved the werewolve case and the animation was good, now the next goal for our detective team is to go to London and get back aya's body which will happen in S2
Sep 27, 2023 9:16 PM

May 2019
So Alma was not the culprit and she ended up dying, figured it wasn't going to be that easy. While Aya's deductions were second to none I did not care for her having Tsugaru capture Nora/Louise/Jutte and then letting her go. I mean if she didn't intend to lock up or turn her in they why bother capturing her in the first place? It felt like Aya did play judge, jury, and executioner and justified the human killings when letting her go.

Anyways, beyond that I mostly enjoyed this anime version of a mature Scooby-Doo mystery-type series. I liked the character designs and the animation was mostly good except for a few scenes where stills were used (not sure if that was some type of artistic choice or budgetary/time constraints). Besides feeling a little rushed towards the end, it felt a bit lacking and I think its because of lack of closure such as the continued search for Aya's body and we did not get updates on the Banquet's pursuit of a werewolf (I'm guessing they got a body since they disappeared and they will probably tie that in when Aya's group confronts them down the road).

7/10
Sep 27, 2023 9:29 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
What a load of bullshit...

Lost all respect towards Rindou as she literally justifies killings of 3 innocent human girls with "it's ok, since iT wAs NoT ReVeNgE yOu wAntEd + I sympathize with women in cages"

W T F? I rolled my eyes so hard there.

Even Jutte knew what she did was unjustifiable and she deserved death so what's with that BS conclusion??? Showing mercy because she's a child? Because she's a girl? Because she' a victim? And what's with "you didn't really want revenge" BS? Didn't Rindou herself explain Jutte did those things so humans and werewolves would destroy each other? Why present a freaking murderer as someone noble??? Imagine justifying a mass-shooter with "they were a victim of society".

This is pure selective judgement crap. Jutte lets 3 werewolf girls escape, in return god knows how many OTHER innocent werewolves (including children) got massacred when humans arrived. Makes no sense why she pitied those 3 precisely, and yet killed 3 other girls in cold blood + allowed massacre to happen.

In the end, even the Elder Werewolf, who was responsible for Jutte's mom's banishing, SURVIVED. And Jutte then just decides to leave and go somewhere FUN??? In the end her actions resulted in deaths of dozens if not hundreds of werewolves + humans, including children, and the only truly guilty person who Jutte eventually killed was Louise who wasn't even against it as she acknowledged being guilty!!!

Disappointing last episode.
@Sigmar-Unberogen You forgot that they even showed Alma's corpse in the water immediately after Aya said all that. Like the animators/director was calling the story out on the poor justification.
Sep 27, 2023 9:38 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't think I would only give out 10s to Mushoku Tensei and maybe JJK S2 this season....but it seems this show did enough to get a 10. I rarely do this....but fuck me that was excellent. This show has a lot of upside. Please buy the manga everyone!

Now time to wait for the English dub!

10 out of 10!
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 27, 2023 9:45 PM

Jul 2016
My favorite of the season.

10/10 🤩
Sep 27, 2023 10:23 PM

Jul 2012
Was this arc well written from the start or kinda contrived? Some reveals seemed like a bit of a stretch.
Sep 27, 2023 10:58 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Kimurah
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Even Jutte knew what she did was unjustifiable and she deserved death so what's with that BS conclusion??? Showing mercy because she's a child? Because she's a girl? Because she' a victim? And what's with "you didn't really want revenge" BS? Didn't Rindou herself explain Jutte did those things so humans and werewolves would destroy each other? Why present a freaking murderer as someone noble??? Imagine justifying a mass-shooter with "they were a victim of society".

Aya didn't characterize Jutte as someone "noble". She understood the situation, it isn't a black/white thing that people with justice boners like to simplify every single situation. The whole matriarcal system in the werewolves village was already hell for the girls being pretty much just breeding cattle in order to get the top tier miko as a succesor. Jutte destroys this matriarcal system by letting both villages know the truth, that's what really matters. Saving 3 girls is better than saving none. The werewolves killed by villagers are pretty much colateral, but it's hard to call them all "innocent" if they followed the rules of the matriarch, not to mention that the villagers along with the Royce agents are the ones that invaded the werewolf villa (not to mention there has been bad blood between humans and werewolves in that region and that was bound to happen sooner or later).

There's also a very important note that Aya and her crew aren't law enforcement agents, their job isn't to act as judge, jury and executor, they are there to solve the case. The vampire case was an exemption because Godard was heartbroken that his own son killed his wife.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
In the end, even the Elder Werewolf, who was responsible for Jutte's mom's banishing, SURVIVED. And Jutte then just decides to leave and go somewhere FUN??? In the end her actions resulted in deaths of dozens if not hundreds of werewolves + humans, including children, and the only truly guilty person who Jutte eventually killed was Louise who wasn't even against it as she acknowledged being guilty!!!

What do you want in this situation? That Jutte turns supersayan and "selectively" kills the matriarch while the rest of 2 villages just stand there watching? She did the best she could do, the whole matriarchal system is already torn down and that's what truly matters.
Kimurah said:
She understood the situation, it isn't a black/white thing that people with justice boners like to simplify every single situation.
Killing 3 innocent girls + painter women + innocent victims during human invasion. What black and white and simplification are you talking about??? She's a mass murderer, even Jutte knows this.
Kimurah said:
The whole matriarcal system in the werewolves village was already hell for the girls being pretty much just breeding cattle in order to get the top tier miko as a succesor. Jutte destroys this matriarcal system by letting both villages know the truth, that's what really matters.

1)She didn't destroy it. There's no hint it was destroyed and even Rindou said that nothing will change.
2) Destroying matriarchy wasn't Jutte's goal to begin with! How did you come with this conclusion??? He wanted villagers to kill each other, although he wasn't complete psycho who wanted EVERYONE to die. Doesn't make her any better.
Kimurah said:
Saving 3 girls is better than saving none.
Dude, enough... She literally bashed the skulls of innocent children for it. Are you gonna talk about simplification again, and black and white???
Kimurah said:
not to mention that the villagers along with the Royce agents are the ones that invaded the werewolf villa
wasn't the path discovered because of Jutte??? She wanted humans to find the village!
Kimurah said:
There's also a very important note that Aya and her crew aren't law enforcement agents, their job isn't to act as judge, jury and executor, they are there to solve the case. The vampire case was an exemption because Godard was heartbroken that his own son killed his wife

This sentence makes no sense. "Exception"...
Son killing wife is worth intervention, but Jutte killing children and leading 2 villages to slaughter each other is "not black and white" or worth intervention??? I think you're clearly biased here. Rindou clearly just pitied her + let Jutte go since she saved Shizuku. I personally find that decision appealing, but I can understand why she did it. I totally disagree how she gave Jutte a pat on the shoulder though when she said she deserved punishment. Rindou basically reassured her that she did "nothing wrong" and she's the victim!!! Once again, it's like capturing a mass-shooter who was bullied, who says they deserve death for killing guilty and innocent alike, and Rindou be like "no, u victim"...
Kimurah said:
She did the best she could do, the whole matriarchal system is already torn down and that's what truly matters
Yet again I have no idea what makes you sound so sure about that!
Sep 27, 2023 11:40 PM
May 2021
Most Underrated series of this season 🔥🔥 Plot 10/10 , Characters 10/10 , Soundtrack 10/10 , Fight scenes 9/10 , Animation 9/10.Last episode plot twist also 📈📈. This needs a fcking Season 2 bruh, 🔥
Sep 27, 2023 11:41 PM
May 2021
JaysonNnN said:
Just be patient for a season 2 in several years.. 🙇‍♂️
Out of the 4 volumes released from the novel, the anime has adapted 3.
It's going to be long but that means we can have a season 2 in the future !

Ohh thanks for the info!! Btw volume 4 available in English Anywhere??
Sep 27, 2023 11:51 PM
Sep 2021
The ending was quite terrible ngl.

1. Why did Nora have to kill Louise? Everything will be over once she's gone, the 2 villages are already up in arms at that point, she can use other ways to lead the villagers to fight and help Shizuku without killing Louise, who she has grown close to.
  2. Why did she have to kill other human girls? She had a tunnel system, she could have easily helped the young werewolf girls escape without killing anyone. Or she also could have killed other adults to put the blame on the werewolves, why target innocent kids?
  3. Okay, she had to kill the female artist, another innocent person, but at least she could have told the gang where she dumped the body so they could have given her a proper burial. Showing us the scene with her body at the bottom of the pond with other junks they threw down was just plain disrespectful.
  4. She's a cold-blooded murderer and they let her go? Wtf? Because Aya sympathizes with her? The attempt to white-wash her at the end there was pretty atrocious.

This show started out pretty promising but it all went to shit surprisingly quick. 1/10
VMPLSep 28, 2023 12:01 AM
Sep 28, 2023 12:24 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to VMPL

1. Why did Nora have to kill Louise? Everything will be over once she's gone, the 2 villages are already up in arms at that point, she can use other ways to lead the villagers to fight and help Shizuku without killing Louise, who she has grown close to.
  2. Why did she have to kill other human girls? She had a tunnel system, she could have easily helped the young werewolf girls escape without killing anyone. Or she also could have killed other adults to put the blame on the werewolves, why target innocent kids?
  3. Okay, she had to kill the female artist, another innocent person, but at least she could have told the gang where she dumped the body so they could have given her a proper burial. Showing us the scene with her body at the bottom of the pond with other junks they threw down was just plain disrespectful.
  4. She's a cold-blooded murderer and they let her go? Wtf? Because Aya sympathizes with her? The attempt to white-wash her at the end there was pretty atrocious.

This show started out pretty promising but it all went to shit surprisingly quick. 1/10
@VMPL Valid points. Was left with disgust as well and posted something similar. I didn't downright hate the episode since they showed female artist's corpse as they toss chains restraining Jutte. At least the show acknowledges Rindou is a hypocrite and a trash being. Or they did show it purely so the audience knows where her body disappeared. -_-
Sep 28, 2023 12:58 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This slapped, really hard. Give me more.

8.8/10
BetaMaleUltraSep 28, 2023 1:04 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 28, 2023 1:28 AM
Jan 2021
honestly wasnt expecting much, but i really ended up enjoying this show so i cant wait for the next season
CANDY:

Sep 28, 2023 1:52 AM

Jun 2019
My 242nd completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.

Sep 28, 2023 2:03 AM

Mar 2012
What are the chances that both the girls looked exactly the same to the point no one noticed, that's kinda stupid.

Overall the supernatural aspects kinda ruins the mystery aspect because they'll always have some stupid explanations in the end which would otherwise not be physically possible if the culprit was a human. This anime tried really hard to look smart but just wasn't.
Sep 28, 2023 2:47 AM
Feb 2020
I haven't enjoyed this final arc as much as the others. Overall, it's been fun, and it's cool to see Sherlock Holmes, Frankenstein, etc, all together
Sep 28, 2023 3:52 AM
Apr 2021
Yes finally everything has been solved in the Werewolf/Human village case, this been having me on the edge of my seat for weeks now bc I wanted to know who killed the handicapped girl😭😭🔥

Cant wait for the next season, I wanna see how Aya’s body looks like tbh bc I know it’s fine as shit😫
Sep 28, 2023 4:59 AM

Oct 2020
It was a really good anime. I'm looking forward to the new season.
Sep 28, 2023 5:10 AM

May 2015
So did I miss something or did they just skip over the whole reason for going to the werewolf village to begin with? Still the best new show this season
Sep 28, 2023 5:54 AM

Jul 2010
My favorite arc was the second one. The whole show should have centered around London and The Banquet, imo. Arcs 1 and 3 were... okay/mid, can't say I cared all that much about side characters, only Banquet and the main duo. Fights were somewhat enjoyable but they never lasted long enough to actually be "wow" + it looks like studio ran out of money, I can't explain their choices and slideshow at the last episodes the other way.

As for the final mystery... at one hand, it's explained logically, on the other... yeaaaaah these two girls just look exactly identical to the point no one even noticed, what a BS. One of the rules of the good mystery: NO twins unless stated beforehand, and these two aren't even twins.
I remember someone comparing it to In/Spectre, yeaaaaah, this comparsion really falls flat on its face, because Farce' quality of writing and mysteries are not even close.

I would like to see the actual ending to the story, but I really doubt season 2 will come out at all (as I've heard, light novel comes out really slow and anime covers almost the entire thing to date).
Sep 28, 2023 6:01 AM

Jan 2017
I want more! When is season 2?
Sep 28, 2023 6:07 AM

Jun 2016
never dissapointed watching this good show !!!

overall 8/10

cant wait for the sequel !!!
Sep 28, 2023 7:44 AM

Jun 2021
Very intriguing cases. But the last one was the least interesting for me. I would say Tsugaru and Aya Rindo carried the show. I'd probably got bored if not for these characters. I just love their interactions. Let's see if there will be a second season.
Sep 28, 2023 8:57 AM

Sep 2007
That was interesting. I definitely ended up liking this show way more than a similar series I watched semi-recently *coughInSpectrecough*
This is defintely deserving of a second season but it finished off at a pretty good spot that I'd be fine if it didn't get another season. (Though I might always wonder how long it would take for Aya to ever be whole again)

The things I'm probably going to miss the most is the almost comedic routine they got going between Aya, Tsugaru, and (sometimes)Shizuku and of course the really catchy OP.
The latter of which won't return with a new season :'(

EDIT: By the way....Thought the whole reason Banquet went to the werewolf village was to "bring back a werewolf" like as a 'sample'? Did I misremember or their role was changed into "killing" those 2 "executioners" (granted I'm not 100% sure they're both dead/dying)
IkanoSep 28, 2023 9:02 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 28, 2023 9:29 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
@VMPL Valid points. Was left with disgust as well and posted something similar. I didn't downright hate the episode since they showed female artist's corpse as they toss chains restraining Jutte. At least the show acknowledges Rindou is a hypocrite and a trash being. Or they did show it purely so the audience knows where her body disappeared. -_-
@Sigmar-Unberogen I'll take your theory that it's an attempt at protest from the studio -_-
Sep 28, 2023 10:00 AM
Aug 2019
enjoyed the unravelling of the mystery though felt bit of confused
Sep 28, 2023 10:14 AM

Jan 2019
Really liked the solution to this case, everything made sense.

But them letting Nora go really rubbed me the wrong way. She killed four innocent people, three of them children, caused a race war; but she did it for a good reason to help three children escape, so we'll let her go. I'm sorry what?

Couldn't she just lead all the werewolf children through the tunnel and escape with them all at once without the murder part? And despite Aya seeming to take Nora's side she doesn't even suggest to rescue the rest of the werewolf girls.

It's a shame because the mystery itself was so well crafted and I love all the characters but I think this messiness has knocked it down to an 8/10 for me.

It's still a way more engaging In/Spectre though and I really want a second season.

Sep 28, 2023 10:55 AM

Apr 2021
I must admit I was expecting more of this show since the first episode introduced solid characters with good chemistry, a voice acting with a lot of personality, a good direction and an interesting context. In the end, it's a bit of a mixed bag: the mysteries are often resolved with a bit of deus ex machina, many one-dimensional characters are introduced taking too much screen time, and there are too much useless fights.
Yet I really liked the interaction between Tsugaru and Aya and the show still manages to produce some interesting episodes so it was an enjoyable watch nevertheless. I'll probably watch a second season if it's released.
Sep 28, 2023 10:58 AM
Aug 2023
a series that is never boring
Sep 28, 2023 12:31 PM
Mar 2015
Nice solution to the murders even if she did make a mistake about the movtive
Sep 28, 2023 2:14 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to amirsayeed
enjoyed the unravelling of the mystery though felt bit of confused
@amirsayeed mee tooo. i wondered how they found so many familar looking girls in both SMALL villages :p
at the beging nova "narutooo sasukeeee" ish conversation was very fun xD
Sep 28, 2023 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
Damn I was so close to figuring it out. I had already earlier was the only person here to notice how suspicious the footprints in Louise's room were and I even mentioned Louise might be a werewolf then later on I suspected Jutte survived and was behind the killings I just never figured out that Jutte, Nora and at one point Louise and Alma were all the same person because I thought someone would just notice since common sense would say they would but I considered the possibility of at least Nora possibly being Jutte because how the showing of the past scenes were desaturated as if to hide hair and eye colour. Only thing holding me back was figuring out the motive on why kill the innocent girls, since what would be the odds both small villages have multiple girls that all look enough alike?

While on one hand that was a clever plan it's also a terrible plan. Jutte/Nora endangered the few werewolves from the village she actually cared about. I also am uncertain on if that really was the only way being that Jutte/Nora is supposed to be so strong it's not clear if she could have single handedly stood up against the villagers and killed the old woman running things or not so it's not clear what her options were but I assume she couldnt from being so largely outnumbered likely inexperienced with fighting.

This show being a detective mystery but not quite feel like that because I feel you arent given quite enough information to figure anything out before Aya does just get kind of close at best. That isnt entirely bad thing just feels frustrating. This has some elements of a great show but it feels really off in some ways too.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Lost all respect towards Rindou as she literally justifies killings of 3 innocent human girls with "it's ok, since iT wAs NoT ReVeNgE yOu wAntEd + I sympathize with women in cages"

Bothered me a bit how she seemingly glossed over her killing those innocent girls (except Louise who was not so innocent entirely and was fine with being killed anyway part from guilt, rejection, and being disabled) but still really there is nothing to gain from having Jutte/Nora killed or detained when she has no motive to do anything like that again. It also may be a problem with how the subbers phrased it so it would help if we had confirmation on what Aya said. Which is why she was more accepting with an act other than revenge because it shows she meant well though not the best plan and she poses no further threat that the truth is out so there is really nothing to gain for anyone to punish her., you only would have one more dead girl, while she isnt innocent that doesnt exactly mean she's guilty in the sense she was doing these things out of only malice. The purpose of judicial process should be to protect people not revenge and there is nothing to protect from at that point. Like Tsugaru said, Aya was trying to teach the villagers a lesson. Having any of either side go after her and nothing would be learned. Aya was admitting her own bias in a situation that to the viewer is meant to be viewed as morally grey in order to explain why she even bothered taking a side at all, she had no reason to have her killed or turned over and her being sympathetic to her just helps further explain her decision.

SkyhighCFC said:
Genuinely what makes you think the system was torn down? Why would the werewolf village change their custom now? They quite literally have no reason to. They didn't even hear Jutte's reasons for her actions? As far as they're concerned, she's just some deranged murderer who betrayed their village. Especially with the old lady surviving, nothing will change. Even Aya acknowledges this. Everything Jutte did was essentially meaningless and she did more harm than good.

The system failed to achieve their desired goal. So why would nothing go changed? From the story they got Jutte sought revenge for the village that outcast her mother and Louise got revenge on the village that outcasst her so they would know they need to not make those of the villages want to do anything like that again. I think Aya meant change doesn't come easy, not that there absolutely nothing would ever change no matter what. I think she's basically talking about the nature of humans and monsters that they are resistant to change but she's suggesting she has hope for them regardless of her experience. It just isnt explicitly said, which i kind of feel it should have just been said more direct.

VMPL said:

1 and 2 was explained several episodes ago any werewolf that leaves the village is hunted down and dragged back. Only way around that other than killing their leader that is guarded is to fake their death and to do that you need a body. Though that's assuming Jutte/Nora wasnt able to fight off a whole bunch of werewolves single handed to kill the woman making the rules and even then it's hard to say if things would be any different with her gone.
3. Alma had no family though and she was originally from outside the village. So who would even burry her and for who? Funerals are for the living to mourn not really for the dead outside of religious beliefs which we were give no indication of. Lake water burials are a thing too and actually can preserve bodies. So regardless it's not inherently disrespectful.
4. It's more about being driven by revenge, desperation and lack of options to choose from. It was either that or do nothing and in both cases she would be complacent in harm of others and only one also involved harming herself. Though the narrative is a bit oddly mixed since her motive obviously was partially out of revenge not just only trying to get some girls out of the village like what was later stated. Her being let go is inconsequential, she has no motive to kill more because her secret is out.
Sep 28, 2023 8:00 PM

Nov 2020
Vampire arc was good
Jewel arc was ok
Werewolf arc was awful

I'm disappointed, it had a good start and the first 4 episodes got me hooked. 5/10
Sep 28, 2023 8:40 PM

Feb 2021
That was a very cool deductive :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 28, 2023 8:51 PM
Aug 2020
bless us with a 25 episode season 2 pls. ngl I thought the story and quality of this anime deserved a long season, it's too good
Sep 28, 2023 9:26 PM

Aug 2019
Idk if it's because it's late and maybe I'm just not very awake, but that whole beginning bit just felt so weird and disorienting. That whole fight scene just felt so weirdly put together. It felt rushed :/

Overall though, I guess this is an alright way to end the series. I just hope we can get another season at some point! Even if this ending was a bit of a let down and it felt rushed, I am interested to see more
Sep 29, 2023 6:09 AM
May 2021
Reply to traed
Damn I was so close to figuring it out. I had already earlier was the only person here to notice how suspicious the footprints in Louise's room were and I even mentioned Louise might be a werewolf then later on I suspected Jutte survived and was behind the killings I just never figured out that Jutte, Nora and at one point Louise and Alma were all the same person because I thought someone would just notice since common sense would say they would but I considered the possibility of at least Nora possibly being Jutte because how the showing of the past scenes were desaturated as if to hide hair and eye colour. Only thing holding me back was figuring out the motive on why kill the innocent girls, since what would be the odds both small villages have multiple girls that all look enough alike?

While on one hand that was a clever plan it's also a terrible plan. Jutte/Nora endangered the few werewolves from the village she actually cared about. I also am uncertain on if that really was the only way being that Jutte/Nora is supposed to be so strong it's not clear if she could have single handedly stood up against the villagers and killed the old woman running things or not so it's not clear what her options were but I assume she couldnt from being so largely outnumbered likely inexperienced with fighting.

This show being a detective mystery but not quite feel like that because I feel you arent given quite enough information to figure anything out before Aya does just get kind of close at best. That isnt entirely bad thing just feels frustrating. This has some elements of a great show but it feels really off in some ways too.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Bothered me a bit how she seemingly glossed over her killing those innocent girls (except Louise who was not so innocent entirely and was fine with being killed anyway part from guilt, rejection, and being disabled) but still really there is nothing to gain from having Jutte/Nora killed or detained when she has no motive to do anything like that again. It also may be a problem with how the subbers phrased it so it would help if we had confirmation on what Aya said. Which is why she was more accepting with an act other than revenge because it shows she meant well though not the best plan and she poses no further threat that the truth is out so there is really nothing to gain for anyone to punish her., you only would have one more dead girl, while she isnt innocent that doesnt exactly mean she's guilty in the sense she was doing these things out of only malice. The purpose of judicial process should be to protect people not revenge and there is nothing to protect from at that point. Like Tsugaru said, Aya was trying to teach the villagers a lesson. Having any of either side go after her and nothing would be learned. Aya was admitting her own bias in a situation that to the viewer is meant to be viewed as morally grey in order to explain why she even bothered taking a side at all, she had no reason to have her killed or turned over and her being sympathetic to her just helps further explain her decision.

SkyhighCFC said:
Genuinely what makes you think the system was torn down? Why would the werewolf village change their custom now? They quite literally have no reason to. They didn't even hear Jutte's reasons for her actions? As far as they're concerned, she's just some deranged murderer who betrayed their village. Especially with the old lady surviving, nothing will change. Even Aya acknowledges this. Everything Jutte did was essentially meaningless and she did more harm than good.

The system failed to achieve their desired goal. So why would nothing go changed? From the story they got Jutte sought revenge for the village that outcast her mother and Louise got revenge on the village that outcasst her so they would know they need to not make those of the villages want to do anything like that again. I think Aya meant change doesn't come easy, not that there absolutely nothing would ever change no matter what. I think she's basically talking about the nature of humans and monsters that they are resistant to change but she's suggesting she has hope for them regardless of her experience. It just isnt explicitly said, which i kind of feel it should have just been said more direct.

VMPL said:

1 and 2 was explained several episodes ago any werewolf that leaves the village is hunted down and dragged back. Only way around that other than killing their leader that is guarded is to fake their death and to do that you need a body. Though that's assuming Jutte/Nora wasnt able to fight off a whole bunch of werewolves single handed to kill the woman making the rules and even then it's hard to say if things would be any different with her gone.
3. Alma had no family though and she was originally from outside the village. So who would even burry her and for who? Funerals are for the living to mourn not really for the dead outside of religious beliefs which we were give no indication of. Lake water burials are a thing too and actually can preserve bodies. So regardless it's not inherently disrespectful.
4. It's more about being driven by revenge, desperation and lack of options to choose from. It was either that or do nothing and in both cases she would be complacent in harm of others and only one also involved harming herself. Though the narrative is a bit oddly mixed since her motive obviously was partially out of revenge not just only trying to get some girls out of the village like what was later stated. Her being let go is inconsequential, she has no motive to kill more because her secret is out.
traed said:

The system wouldn't be changed because they can simply try again. I would normally hear your argument about them feeling like they need to change stuff to avoid people from leaving again, but with the werewolf's leader (the old lady) still being there, nothing is going to change in the near future and by the time she's dead, I doubt any major changes would happen in the future either because people would just be used to the same old crap all over again. Until proven otherwise, I genuinely believe Jutte accomplished absolutely nothing other than the deaths of many innocents and saving 3 random werewolf kids.

traed said:
Which is why she was more accepting with an act other than revenge because it shows she meant well though not the best plan and she poses no further threat that the truth is out so there is really nothing to gain for anyone to punish her., you only would have one more dead girl, while she isnt innocent that doesnt exactly mean she's guilty in the sense she was doing these things out of only malice. The purpose of judicial process should be to protect people not revenge and there is nothing to protect from at that point.

The judicial system isn't JUST about protecting people. Justice still needs to be served. When someone does something bad that's against the law, they need to be punished, barring certain extraordinary circumstances that genuinely acquits them of guilt. In Jutte's case, her motives and the outcomes do NOT justify her actions. Jutte SHOULD have been punished because her actions lead to the deaths of many innocent people. People like that shouldn't have the liberty to walk away freely. It sets a horrible precedent. I'm not even saying she should be killed, but at the very least she needs to be locked up, or made to atone for her actions. You might say the villages wouldn't let her escape with her life (which I kinda doubt anyway because the old lady cares more about the kindsfuhrer than anything else), but it's also up to them how they want to punish people who commit heinous crimes like this. She was literally willing to accept death as well, as she should.
Sep 29, 2023 6:45 AM
Sep 2019
So... you tell me 3 innocent girls from the human village died mercilessly just to set 3 werewolf girls free from becoming breeding tools... and the murderer got away with it because the talented detective missed up ? because she sympathize with women in cages ? Bruh...

Naaaah, unacceptable. That's way too lame of an ending for such an intense case.
HozayfaHBSep 29, 2023 6:49 AM
Sep 29, 2023 7:13 AM
Jul 2021
A nice end, if a second season i whant to see some good animations
Sep 29, 2023 9:46 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to traed

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

SkyhighCFC said:

VMPL said:

warning, a wall of text ahead. Feel free to read and respond if not bored :D
traed said:
there is nothing to gain from having Jutte/Nora killed or detained when she has no motive to do anything like that again. It also may be a problem with how the subbers phrased it so it would help if we had confirmation on what Aya said.

Dunno about the subs. Could be the reason; but I doubt it. I don't necessarily have problem with "why" Aya spared Jutte. I have huge problem with Aya's conversation with Jutte though.
Jutte literally confesses, she knows she's guilty and deserves death. We should also not forget that she's 12 years old (almost 13 if I'm not mistaken), meaning she's still a child who may not known better.
In this situation you'd normally expect a wise grown-up like Aya to be cold, straightforward, or come up with a "lecture". What does Aya do though? She does everything to make a psychopath like Jutte feel less guilty, and, overall feel better about herself despite her cruel actions. Aya doesn't tell Jutte how she has indeed sinned greatly and must repent for it from now on or something like that. Naaaah, Aya's like "you didn't slaughter those innocent girls and disfigured their corpses because you're a one-dimensional villain, no, you did it to save 3 werewolf girls from terrible fate" - You get my point? Aya's twisting the evil act into something noble-like; as if it's ok to kill innocents if you trade lives! WTF! Aya's a deranged psycho too, apparently.

Basically, Aya sugarcoats a murderer, reminds her how she saved Shizuku as if to remind how she's not all bad, and reminds her how she's an oppressed victim who's right to fight the system.

And don't get me started on Jutte killing Louise... Those two were together for months and bonded, but Aya still shot her dead! And I don't care how Louise was apparently fine with Jutte killing her. She was only 12yo ffs. Only a deranged psychopath would still choose to kill her. What was Jutte's reaction to this? Oh yes, she said she at least didn't eat Louise's flesh, since "that would've been too cruel". *sighs*

I don't know how anyone wouldn't feel appalled by Aya's conversation with a psycho like Jutte!
Why am I calling her a psycho? Because she clearly lacks empathy. This gives me hard time believing Jutte helped werewolf girls escape. In one instance she cares about victim girls, in another she smashes the faces of innocent human girls, makes their corpses unrecognizable, murders guilt-ridden Louise who became close to her, and orchestrates human invasion leading to god-knows how many innocent werewolves getting butchered. Take girls Shizuku befriends as an example; they could've easily been killed too during the invasion so Jutte makes no sense. We are to believe she cared, but then we see evidence she absolutely couldn't care less!!! A total psycho. Are we sure those 3 werewolves escaped by the way? Considering how OVERLY biased Aya is towards Jutte, I'm not so sure she didn't pull that "fact" out of her ass (wherever that is). I mean, how did Jutte even convince those 3 girls to abandon home and parents?! This may as well be a gigantic plot-hole.

We never really see Jutte showing emotions so it's not entirely impossible she murdered the werewolf girls too and disposed of them like with Alma. All we see is her being this robotic, emotionless and stoic all the time. Jutte knows what she did is considered wrong and unforgivable (that never stops psycho serial-killers though), but Aya goes full "devil's advocate" mode and presents murder as noble sacrifice of sorts, as if Jutte needs to reconsider feeling bad for murder!!! *rools eyes*
Aya could've easily "lectured" Jutte's and STILL let her go regardless, WITHOUT over-the-top BS she spewed. And what do we have in the end as a result? Jutte's like, "ok, I'll go have fun then, thanks."
BRUH...

traed said:
The purpose of judicial process should be to protect people not revenge and there is nothing to protect from at that point.
We certainly shouldn't let murderers feel like they didn't do something horrible or let them roam free though, right? As someone said, I understand that Aya and the gang aren't "law enforcers", but I don't think it's that hard to understand why sweet-talking a child-killer is WRONG and may (more often than not) leave people with bad taste in their mouth. More often than not people don't tolerate child-killers.

traed said:
she had no reason to have her killed or turned over
My problem with this sentence is how the same didn't apply with the son of the vampire.
Arguably the son was more evil, but he was killed even though he could've been captured like Jutte and given to the father to decide his fate; You know, the fate of own freaking son!!!. It felt so out of place for the trio to be judge/jury/executioner for some reason, meanwhile the family just sits quietly and does nothing! What if father wanted to do something about him on his own? It's his son, not some rando from the streets ffs!!! Why interfere in family-matter to such extent??? What if the man was still in shock and couldn't react immediately?! At least give him some time to think it over!

Ironically, the son killed mom to frame humans to use this as an excuse for the vampires to start hunting humans. Jutte did something similar. Despite saving 3 werewolf girls (allegedly), she still did it in a way to frame the other village so they would find and kill each other! Unlike the vampire's son however Jutte ACTUALLY succeeded and her actions led to deaths of many people, innocent and not-so-innocent alike!

In one instance Aya's gang acts like trigger-happy police who were called to solve domestic issue but ended up unloading a magazine on family member, in the next they (Aya) act extremely biased and sympathetic to a psycho and ignore much much harsher crimes! Vampire son's action could've led to many deaths but didn't. Jutte's action DID LEAD to many deaths, and could've let to EVEN MORE but Aya's intervention prevented that.

Aya's bias made me hate her with passion NGL.

Jutte and Aya are both garbage characters (IMO), but it's not like they're unrealistically bad. Jutte's a psycho kid who went through traumatic events; Aya lets her go because of personal BS reasons too. I didn't necessarily dislike the show because of plot, but I felt too disgusted by the characters and their logic to enjoy it, hence why 6/10 (although am itching to go lower).

traed said:
The system failed to achieve their desired goal. So why would nothing go changed? From the story they got Jutte sought revenge for the village that outcast her mother and Louise got revenge on the village that outcasst her so they would know they need to not make those of the villages want to do anything like that again.
This sounds too optimistic. Priestesses were seen as breeders who should've birthed a super-werewolf. However, to the very end we see werewolves protecting the elder. There's no guarantee she won't shift the reality and preach how Jutte was a fake and they should keep trying to make a "true" Kaiser-something. Also, in a society where women are treated like objects, even if whole super-werewolf goal is dropped those girls may still be used as breeders, especially now when the population was reduced by a lot due to carnage.

traed said:
1 and 2 was explained several episodes ago any werewolf that leaves the village is hunted down and dragged back.
Jutte has been running from the village to pretend to be Louise on daily basis. I think she had better chances than your average werewolf. That's why it makes sense for her to kill human girls to save werewolves, but makes little sense to kill Louise, especially considering Louise and Jutte had a bond.
traed said:
Alma had no family though and she was originally from outside the village. So who would even burry her and for who? Funerals are for the living to mourn not really for the dead outside of religious beliefs which we were give no indication of. Lake water burials are a thing too and actually can preserve bodies. So regardless it's not inherently disrespectful.
Bruh, water burials may be a thing in some cultures but you're assuming too much here. Do you really believe her body was tossed there with respect in consideration? As the guy you quoted said, it's more likely a disrespect. Jutte likely FORGOT about Alma at all and couldn't give a flying F about her, just like she didn't care (or thought through) whether werewolves would all be massacred by humans or not. Further confirming my hypothesis that she's a deranged psychopath. I wouldn't feel confident letting her go, assuming she can't hurt anyone else (meaning innocent people).
Sigmar-UnberogenSep 29, 2023 10:07 AM
Sep 29, 2023 5:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This arc was my least favourite out of all and i'm a bit irked that this was the finish of the show.
Sep 29, 2023 6:21 PM

Jul 2022
bro lesbians fights are so weird
but anyway this anime was actually better than i expected it's pretty rare to find detective shows that actually make sense
and this final episode was also great
if a second season gets released i'd watch it
8/10
Sep 29, 2023 9:16 PM
Dec 2022
Felt like they were running out of money at the end of this. Writing was great but the animation was just decent.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

117 by nikki05 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

123 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

119 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2023

101 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 7:35 AM

» Season two?

Zeekto - Sep 20, 2023

37 by Yuri_Niji »»
Apr 5, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.