Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 11, 2023 10:24 AM

Dec 2017
I really enjoy the comical side of this show, Shinuchi and Rindou are such a fun duo to watch.

It has everything to be my anime of the season, Hatakeyama Mamoru is an amazing director.
Aug 11, 2023 12:53 PM
Sep 2018
I tell ya the maid will do anything to protect her gal including slapping the bayjayus out of Tsugaru for not looking after her and sitting with the Phantom & Lupin to save her xD
Aug 11, 2023 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
Ronninn said:
the twins were getting devious with their forbidden head

She'll bite it off.

Her curse prevents her from ever dying so even if they crush, dice, burn, drown or even impale her head, she'll simply turn to mist then regenerate. And she doesn't even feel pain so torturing her to do something against her will won't work.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 11, 2023 5:50 PM

Jul 2021
It seems like the game has begun. After all the planning, Lupin managed to make everything they prepared no longer useful with just one action. I'd give credit to Lupin for this move. Now, I'm curious about how Holmes will respond. Maybe Team Aya will also take some action? This clever contest between Aya and Holmes against Lupin and Phantom is definitely going to be fascinating.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 11, 2023 8:44 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Come on, they had to have known that that vent would've been used for at least SOMETHING

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 11, 2023 10:28 PM

Mar 2008
That would be scary being in a locked room that is filling up with water.
Aug 11, 2023 11:23 PM
Sep 2021
The episode was hyping up a lot about lupin and now we are starting to see his work, let's see will he be successful in his steal.
Aug 12, 2023 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
The fight scene was awesome! I like when Tsugaru moves, because he has nice moves, but doesnt use them too much actually. :p
Aaand Assassin vibes too. Map synchronized!
Aug 12, 2023 3:57 PM

Jul 2022
wtf man lupin stronger than him wtf
Aug 12, 2023 8:07 PM
Aug 2017
I love tsugaru. he's so funny.
Aug 13, 2023 7:25 AM
May 2017
well played arsene lupin, completely outsmarted and outgunned them.
Aug 13, 2023 4:55 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Every fight so far in this series has been fairly short but GOD DAMN; they pack some punch everytime! 

Didn't see the underwater strat coming, that's gonna be a hard one now, how they not gonna drown?
Aug 14, 2023 1:27 AM
Jul 2020
Aya is so obnoxiously composed all the time that seeing her screaming for Tsugaru after his royal mess up is almost sweet in a distorted way.

Really makes you remember that she’s literally a helpless head.

This duo is really one of a kind. Combined with the objectively best adaptation of Holmes in any anime ever and we have a full plate.
Aug 14, 2023 1:29 AM
Jul 2020
Floral_soap said:
Is it just me, or has the quality dropped since the introduction of Sherlock and Lupin? It started off so strong.

Technically-wise, it’s going strong since the start.

Plot-wise, if really just depends on how much you like this kind of plot.

For me, personally, this is easily a WAY better arc than the vampire one. On par with the amazing first episode.

So I’m eating good.
Isekai-EnjoyerAug 14, 2023 1:35 AM
Aug 14, 2023 1:30 AM
Jul 2020
Animillion said:
It was disappointing to see Tsugaru lose so easily like that. Oh well, hopefully he’ll be able to redeem himself

He almost 100% wasn’t fully serious. Bro got up literally right away. The punch didn’t do any serious harm to him.

That’s what happens when you’re overconfident, after all.
Aug 14, 2023 1:32 AM
Jul 2020
hannibal_l said:
So your telling me that sherlock didn't consider the air vent as a possible entry route?

He literally did. They discussed this in the last episode. It’s just that it was confirmed that it was too small for a human to pass.

He didn’t consider that the guy would literally blow up the vents and flood the place, though.

Which, frankly, is quite fair.
Aug 14, 2023 11:25 AM
Dec 2020
hannibal_l said:
So your telling me that sherlock didn't consider the air vent as a possible entry route?

In episode 5, it was said that the vent was too small for a human to pass through.
Aug 14, 2023 12:41 PM
Apr 2020
Mariklyn said:
hannibal_l said:

They mentioned how cramped and small the vent. saying a child would have difficulty moving through and also bends and folds to the chamber. But I'm more confused about how water got in? As sturdy as the building is idk a bomb that lethal to detonate underwater and has enough force to blow up the vent/wall considering this is the late 19th century

Isekai-Enjoyer said:
hannibal_l said:

He literally did. They discussed this in the last episode. It’s just that it was confirmed that it was too small for a human to pass.

He didn’t consider that the guy would literally blow up the vents and flood the place, though.

Infernalization said:
hannibal_l said:

In episode 5, it was said that the vent was too small for a human to pass through.

What i meant is that it was weird seeing sherlock get suprised when he is usually the one who suprises people .
It was also funny to see him do exactly what the guy ordered (put his hands on the locker) which is very unlike of sherlock he doesn't follow others command he is quite pompous . I feel like they've dumbed down this version of sherlock and wrote lupin in a very convenient way to make him look superior .
hannibal_lAug 14, 2023 2:12 PM
Aug 14, 2023 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
hannibal_l said:

What i meant is that it was weird seeing sherlock get suprised when he is usually the one who suprises people .
It was also funny to see him do exactly what the guy ordered (put his hands on the locker) which is very unlike of sherlock he doesn't follow others command he is quite pompous . I feel like they've dumbed down this verison of sherlock and wrote lupin in a very convenient way to make him look superior .

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. Lupin is really loved in Japan.
Aug 14, 2023 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
Aya is so obnoxiously composed all the time that seeing her screaming for Tsugaru after his royal mess up is almost sweet in a distorted way.

This duo is really one of a kind. Combined with the objectively best adaptation of Holmes in any anime ever and we have a full plate.
The best adaptation of Holmes in any anime objectively? That's a big statement. Sherlock in Moriarty the Patriot is amazing.
Aug 14, 2023 2:11 PM
Apr 2020
TheLerian said:
hannibal_l said:

It was also funny to see him do exactly what the guy ordered (put his hands on the locker) which is very unlike of sherlock he doesn't follow others command he is quite pompous . I feel like they've dumbed down this verison of sherlock and wrote lupin in a very convenient way to make him look superior .

Hmm that makes sense!
Japanese are the main audience.....
Aug 14, 2023 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
hannibal_l said:

It was also funny to see him do exactly what the guy ordered (put his hands on the locker) which is very unlike of sherlock he doesn't follow others command he is quite pompous . I feel like they've dumbed down this verison of sherlock and wrote lupin in a very conv

Hmm that makes sense!
hannibal_l said:
TheLerian said:

Hmm that makes sense!
Still, like you, I would prefer it if they didn't make it so obvious.

I think the reason he's so popular in Japan is because of Lupin the 3rd.
Aug 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Feb 2017
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
Floral_soap said:
Is it just me, or has the quality dropped since the introduction of Sherlock and Lupin? It started off so strong.

For me, personally, this is easily a WAY better arc than the vampire one. On par with the amazing first episode.

So I’m eating good.
That's fair. I think I was expecting this to be a different show. It's very Kingsman now.
Aug 15, 2023 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
Floral_soap said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

So I’m eating good.
That's fair. I think I was expecting this to be a different show. It's very Kingsman now.
I don't get it. How is it like Kingsman?
Aug 15, 2023 3:58 AM
Jul 2020
Floral_soap said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

So I’m eating good.

Kingsman…?

How? It’s literally just a Sherlock Holmes kind of story plus supernatural beings and some fights.
Aug 15, 2023 4:05 AM
Jul 2020
hannibal_l said:
Mariklyn said:

They mentioned how cramped and small the vent. saying a child would have difficulty moving through and also bends and folds to the chamber. But I'm more confused about how water got in? As sturdy as the building is idk a bomb that lethal to detonate underwater and has enough force to blow up the vent/wall considering this is the late 19th century

Isekai-Enjoyer said:

Infernalization said:

It was also funny to see him do exactly what the guy ordered (put his hands on the locker) which is very unlike of sherlock he doesn't follow others command he is quite pompous . I feel like they've dumbed down this version of sherlock and wrote lupin in a very convenient way to make him look superior .

I don’t think Lupin was shown as superior at all. Holmes was quite literally shown to be a better detective than even the protagonists.

Also, putting his hands on the locker did literally nothing to him. He is a gentleman. He has no reason to be rude over such a thing.

As for being “surprised”, bro, he simply didn’t expect the guy to use a fucking bomb to blow up the wall. Holmes is human. He is smart, not a prophet.

This is all quite fair lmao. And ridiculously accurate to his original portrayal in the books.

That’s not even the end of Holmes. He is a pretty major character in this series.

Don’t forget that Moriarty is literally the main villain of the series.
Aug 15, 2023 4:11 AM
Jul 2020
TheLerian said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

The best adaptation of Holmes in any anime objectively? That's a big statement. Sherlock in Moriarty the Patriot is amazing.

Sherlock in Moriarty the patriot is literally just a brat. He is childish, teases people for no reason and is explicitly portrayed as “annoying” as opposed to “eccentric”.

I don’t think it’s even a comparison.
Aug 15, 2023 4:31 AM
Apr 2020
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
hannibal_l said:

I don’t think Lupin was shown as superior at all. Holmes was quite literally shown to be a better detective than even the protagonists.

Also, putting his hands on the locker did literally nothing to him. He is a gentleman. He has no reason to be rude over such a thing.

As for being “surprised”, bro, he simply didn’t expect the guy to use a fucking bomb to blow up the wall. Holmes is human. He is smart, not a prophet.

This is all quite fair lmao. And ridiculously accurate to his original portrayal in the books.

That’s not even the end of Holmes. He is a pretty major character in this series.

Well i like the modern depictions of sherlock more i guess to each their own.....

As for lupin a mere human like him going toe to toe with tsugaru didn't make sense even if tsugaru was holding back . Also he just like that infiltrated sherlock's room and escaped without any issues .
If anything lupin has been potrayed as a perfect being so far while holmes has slipped couple of times
Aug 15, 2023 4:34 AM
Jul 2018

Isekai-Enjoyer said:
TheLerian said:

Sherlock in Moriarty the patriot is literally just a brat. He is childish, teases people for no reason and is explicitly portrayed as “annoying” as opposed to “eccentric”.

I don’t think it’s even a comparison.
Eh, Sherlock is childish even in BBC's Sherlock and that's one of the best Sherlock adaptations ever made. He seems annoying because he is the antagonist and there's fine line between eccentric and annoying. I think there's no comparison either.
removed-userAug 15, 2023 4:37 AM
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM
Jul 2020
hannibal_l said:
Isekai-Enjoyer said:

Well i like the modern depictions of sherlock more i guess to each their own.....

As for lupin a mere human like him going toe to toe with tsugaru didn't make sense even if tsugaru was holding back . Also he just like that infiltrated sherlock's room and escaped without any issues .
If anything lupin has been potrayed as a perfect being so far while holmes has slipped couple of times

Mere human…?

Bruh, the dude literally used magical marbles. It was clear that his punches were powered up by it as well.

Lupin, in this series, is anything but a “mere human”.

Not to mention how Tsugaru 100% didn’t really go all out. He said he “lost”, but he barely got harmed. He just got punched and then got up right away once the dude left.

If anything, he probably just lost his balance and then gave up lol.
Aug 15, 2023 6:29 AM

Oct 2022
I think Sherlock shooting the door as to lock them permanently was a rather dumb decision. Because, they all in the room, so if someone came from there, they would all see.
UndefeatedBahamut
Aug 15, 2023 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
This episode is giving me the rare nostalgia of me enjoying reading detective novels by the legendary Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and then Agatha Christie as a kid. It's intense, it's funny, it's twisting and turning and unexpected in many ways.

Keep it up and we will have a rare breed of excellent detective anime that I have not seen for quite some time lately already.

Also, I just created my account and I have no friends so feel free to add me if you like this show! ^_^
Aug 15, 2023 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
I'm kinda bored by this.
Why do i care about a diamond, whether it gets stolen or not? Is it in any way connected to the person that cut off Aya's head and made the hybrids? Is this werewolf lore connecting Lupin to that man?  If yes, then why don't we have something more indicating that  than two pityful scenes in episode 5?
I don't care about Lupin or Phantom or Sherlock, they have yet to show how they connect to the story that played in the first episode, the best so far, or what makes them interesting apart from being aloof pseudointellectuals. Maybe it's the cinematography in these episodes that's plain in contrast to the first.
The second arc wasn't anything special and it lasted all too long.
Aug 15, 2023 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
KoSparrows said:
I'm kinda bored by this.
Why do i care about a diamond, whether it gets stolen or not? Is it in any way connected to the person that cut off Aya's head and made the hybrids? Is this werewolf lore connecting Lupin to that man?  If yes, then why don't we have something more indicating that  than two pityful scenes in episode 5?
I don't care about Lupin or Phantom or Sherlock, they have yet to show how they connect to the story that played in the first episode, the best so far, or what makes them interesting apart from being aloof pseudointellectuals. Maybe it's the cinematography in these episodes that's plain in contrast to the first.
Of course the diamond is connected to the person that cut off Aya's head. He wants the diamond for himself, like he wanted the Phantom of the Opera. Didn't you pay any attention to ep. 5?  

How is that lasting too long? LoL. Zoomer attention span. 
Aug 15, 2023 4:11 PM

Sep 2017
Loving this mystery so far. If Lupin rly is to steal the diamond during the appointed hour (since they made a big deal about how he's a gentleman and will definitely stick to what he put forth in the challenge), he very well could be the French inspector. Yeah we did have Sherlock pull on his face but that could all be part of the disguise. He intentionally met Sherlock in a disguise before and had his mask pulled off, but who's to say all his masks easily pull off like so. Either way I feel like he would have to be someone in the room currently because I'm not sure how else he could get into the room to steal the diamond during this time period.
Aug 15, 2023 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
Rewatched the episode and I think Tsugaru threw his match against Lupin on purpose. The way he regained consciousness as soon as Aya approached and the fact that he was so casual about being beaten is odd. Also Aya's smirk. I also question if Lupin is really a human.
Aug 15, 2023 7:27 PM

Dec 2022
Interesting plan, I did wonder about the water since they we're underground, but it would be a design issue if they made it possible for water to get in. Sherlock should have been smarter though, since Lupin obviously appeared in front of him to lead/bait him onto something else, however knowing the design layout of the mansion, and the exact location of the vent's path isn't something they could have stopped if they wanted to.
Aug 16, 2023 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
TheLerian said:
Rewatched the episode and I think Tsugaru threw his match against Lupin on purpose. The way he regained consciousness as soon as Aya approached and the fact that he was so casual about being beaten is odd. Also Aya's smirk. I also question if Lupin is really a human.
Yeah, I also think Lupin is not human. Ohhh... Lupin... Werewolf... It makes sense now.
Aug 16, 2023 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
rohimir said:
TheLerian said:
Yeah, I also think Lupin is not human. Ohhh... Lupin... Werewolf... It makes sense now.
Oh shit. That completely flew over my head. It's so obvious, too...
Aug 16, 2023 4:16 AM

Oct 2022
Aya was hilarious, it was even funnier since she usually doesn't raise her voice or lose her chill like that. Lupin beating Tsugaru just revealed to her that he is a human, so she can expose other weaknesses, otherwise Tsugaru would have beat his ass, which will likely go towards Phantom now.

Aug 16, 2023 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
Tsinelas said:
Aya was hilarious, it was even funnier since she usually doesn't raise her voice or lose her chill like that. Lupin beating Tsugaru just revealed to her that he is a human, so she can expose other weaknesses, otherwise Tsugaru would have beat his ass, which will likely go towards Phantom now.
Hmm interesting theory but how could he crush glass marble with his punch so easily?
Aug 16, 2023 10:45 AM

Jul 2017
Tsugaru, Rindo and Shizuku in London to deduce the Phantom's mystery, this is a start of the Phantom and the Detective's story.

The direct confrontation between Holmes and Lupin this early, and Tsugaru mistook Rindo's cage for a parrot cage, which forced them to go and find her, which Shizuku was taken straight by Lupin after the encounter. Lupin has the Phantom on his side, though the Royce agents can't quite be trusted also, so Holmes and Watson can rely on the Cage User.

Rindo, being taken by the guys who were supposed to be in prison, Shizuku and Tsugaru engages them in a pursuit to get her back, though Annie is there too. The confrontation of Lupin with the Phantom Erik and Tsugaru, Shizuku and Rindo, both Tsugaru and Lupin engage in a testing battle, which the former lost, though that's not important than the farce. Regardless, Phileas Fogg's diamond must be protected at all costs, and the case of The Pot Thief is in observation. Holmes using the doors to lock using the gunshots to lock Lupin out for a half-hour "complete" defence, and once the clock strikes 11pm, Lupin has got them trapped under the water to drown.

Lupin is smart, but how will the Cage User entourage deflect his intentions?
Aug 16, 2023 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
TheLerian said:
He wants the diamond for himself, like he wanted the Phantom of the Opera. Didn't you pay any attention to ep. 5? 

I bet he wants to rule the world but who cares, we are 2 episodes in this arc and it's excruciatingly dry, he can have each and every one of them in a bouquet of limbs, I bet that would spice shit up.

Lol, opinionated 15 day account, what did you do to get banned from the previous one?
Aug 16, 2023 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
KoSparrows said:
TheLerian said:
He wants the diamond for himself, like he wanted the Phantom of the Opera. Didn't you pay any attention to ep. 5? 

I bet he wants to rule the world but who cares, we are 2 episodes in this arc and it's excruciatingly dry, he can have each and every one of them in a bouquet of limbs, I bet that would spice shit up.

Lol, opinionated 15 day account, what did you do to get banned from the previous one?
Still, your point was that the main villain didn't have any connection to the plot that we're watching, which he does. His motivation is irrelevant and I'm sure it's more complex than that. It seems to me that you just want to hate. New episode has more action which is probably more up your alley.

15 days? Do you have trouble reading numbers? That would explain a lot.
Aug 16, 2023 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
TheLerian said:
Still, your point was that the main villain didn't have any connection to the plot that we're watching, which he does.

Oh, actually i did cover that, here:
KoSparrows said:
If yes, then why don't we have something more indicating that than two pityful scenes in episode 5?
you know, since it's in written form, thought you'd get your time to read it

TheLerian said:
15 days? Do you have trouble reading numbers? That would explain a lot.

I made a mistake, no need to get snippy over here, ain't nobody paying you to be a weeb in this platform, take it elsewhere, hmmm?

TheLerian said:
It seems to me that you just want to hate.

woe is me for I've been caught by the brightest detective yet, TheLerian.
Aug 16, 2023 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
KoSparrows said:
 Is it in any way connected to the person that cut off Aya's head and made the hybrids?\
Then why did you write that? Just to write something?
KoSparrows said:
Also you didn't explain how it lasted too long. Is 2 episodes too long for you? Because that's clearly your problem and not a valid criticism. 
I made a mistake, no need to get snippy over here, ain't nobody paying you to be a weeb in this platform, take it elsewhere, hmmm?
Does somebody pay you to critisize things on the platform? Because they're wasting their money. 
Aug 16, 2023 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
rohimir said:
Does somebody pay you to critisize things on the platform? Because they're wasting their money.
No, but see, this is why an episodic discussion exists, so that we can share what we like and what we don't. I also don't remember you patting me on the back for loving the first episode but you're sure riding it for disliking the rest.

rohimir said:
Also you didn't explain how it lasted too long. Is 2 episodes too long for you? Because that's clearly your problem and not a valid criticism.

The second arc was the vampire one -this is how I categorized it since it has a separate story from the rest, and it lasted 3 episodes.
Saying that an arc is too long indicates -and I'm sorry, I should have elaborated for the off chance a user took offence- that imo the story went on for more episodes than it was deserving. In this case, I think it was a combination of script and direction causing that.

buh-bye now.
Aug 16, 2023 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
KoSparrows said:
No, but see, this is why an episodic discussion exists, so that we can share what we like and what we don't. I also don't remember you patting me on the back for loving the first episode but you're sure riding it for disliking the rest.

And I think I can disagree with your criticism and express it. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I just can't understand you points because they are so vague. Can you compare it with some other anime who does it better to help me understand?

Also, I'm sorry that I personally insulted you. That was too much.
Aug 16, 2023 2:37 PM

Oct 2018
No way he didn't realise he was holding the cage with a parrot. 😭 Dude fumbled so badly. Quite an interesting strat from Holmes to get absolutely owned there.
Aug 16, 2023 5:36 PM

Nov 2022
I really hope that was some ploy to make him think he was stronger than the oni slayer... Based off his past action, I am guessing he acted like he lost, but he could have at least made it look better.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

160 by nick_el_son »»
Jun 5, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

117 by nikki05 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

123 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2023

101 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 7:35 AM

» Season two?

Zeekto - Sep 20, 2023

37 by Yuri_Niji »»
Apr 5, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.