Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 27, 2023 6:57 AM

Apr 2009
The clothes rip scene was hot. The muscle details are top notch
Jul 27, 2023 8:26 AM
Apr 2023
This was an awesome episode.
Exposing the culprit that sweet takedown as just the best. This really was adapted decently well so far. It also such a violent comic relief seeing Shizuku and Tsugaru playing rough house like siblings.

Well obviously, the target Aya and Tsugaru are after is none other than Prof. Moriarty. This is becoming like LXG (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) where different prominent characters from works of classic fiction are converging and taking sides. We'll see Holmes and Watson soon enough.

We actually see Frankenstein's monster (named Victor), Carmilla (probably also a vampire) and the one who took Aya's body (he is Jack the Ripper as listed here in MAL).

Things really are getting even more exciting. Lupin and the Phantom (of the Opera) will probably be up next.
Jul 27, 2023 12:00 PM

Jun 2016
even without body , rindou aya still waifu material LMAO
Jul 27, 2023 1:20 PM

Mar 2014
So the youngest son did it, case closed
Jul 27, 2023 2:54 PM

Sep 2018
This one is slipping away from me.

I get that it's going for a particular style of humour but it just leaves me cold

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 27, 2023 7:03 PM
Jun 2023
insane ending to the "arc"
Jul 27, 2023 7:44 PM

Feb 2017
Goddamn Tsugaru is fine. I like my men a little crazy, I guess. I don't fully understand why he's so loyal to Aya yet, but this vampire arch is taking place after a time-skip. It was interesting to see him announce himself the same way he'd been introduced at the fights. I can't tell if it's habit, trauma or both. It was such an interesting character moment. This show is very well written.

I feel so strongly for Lord Godard, his family and servants. Poor man, I really like him a lot and that betrayal from his son was unimaginable. Killing the lord's wife. His own mother. The lord has trauma he'll never recover from. I'm really glad he didn't turn out to be the murderer, that would have been a boring conclusion.
Floral_soapJul 28, 2023 12:53 AM
Jul 27, 2023 8:57 PM
Jul 2020
This fight was seriously amazing.

Animation was just good. Solid 7/10. Thing is, Tsugaru’s circus bit while straight up murdering the kid just exhaled some next level charisma here.

These protagonists are truly peak fiction. This anime deserves a brighter spotlight.

Hope it gets enough attention for a second season. Maybe even more.

A high wish, but the industry is slowly shifting into focusing more on continuations, so not an unreasonable dream at all.
Jul 28, 2023 2:08 AM

Jan 2019
My guess was wrong, though the real solution was really satisfying. A stake made of holy water and the time of murder being wrong was really clever.

Also the action is really well directed despite the animation being average, honestly think the show could score a 9/10 if it stays this quality!

Jul 28, 2023 2:18 AM
Jul 2023
Oni killer fight scene was epic.
Jul 28, 2023 2:27 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode. The downside is the fact that it is impossible to figure out the killer logically, but that’s a fantasy setting for you, and isn’t that important as long it is fun (it definitely is). Also director did a really good job there.
Jul 28, 2023 3:22 AM

Mar 2008
Ah I was so close to figuring it out. I managed to figure out there were two stakes, I just didnt figure out the murder weapon was made of ice until just a few seconds before it was said.
Jul 28, 2023 3:48 AM

Apr 2021
Really liked it so far, thanks to the main couple whose chemistry I appreciate. I like how they both laugh to the same bad jokes.
Hope it'll remain in this kind of subdued, uneasy atmosphere with mystery solving and not go into full shonen mode with stupid fights.
Jul 28, 2023 6:04 AM

Apr 2018
I did not expect the serie to go such lenght for a detective case, but it was absolutely worth it. I really enjoyed it, and can't wait for the next thing..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 28, 2023 11:30 AM

Apr 2012
It's literally becoming more and more of a Victorian monsterverse version of El Melloi cases, but I love it. Just one question, why did the guy talk about his mother as if she were a complete stranger. Wasn't she literally his own mother?  And aren't they implying that that dude is Moriarty and literally triggered everything on this show, right down to the edgy phase of this vampire?
Jul 28, 2023 12:44 PM
Sep 2018
Haha Tsugaru always being beat up by the maid and damn you can’t fool Aya, she knows her murderers!
Jul 28, 2023 9:47 PM

Jul 2021
A surprising twist came into play when a stake made of frozen holy water was unexpectedly used. The clever part was that the silver stake turned out to be a distraction. Even more cleverly, the murderer took advantage of their ability to regenerate. Raoul, with his anti-Human stance, almost got away with it, but our dynamic duo thwarted his plan. It's amusing because he even attempted to challenge Tsugaru, who had previously fought Dracula. Raoul's little vampire tricks were nothing compared to Tsugaru's experience and power.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 29, 2023 2:43 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Wahh! It's so obvious looking back on it! I was totally fooled by the timeline of the death. Using a stake made of holy water and yet having everything point towards the silver stake being used as the weapon was something I couldn't have seen coming, but I'm satisfied with how they drew the conclusions.

Me and my friend were discussing our theories a few weeks ago, and she was really relieved (and angrily scolded me for suspecting him lol) that Alfred was completely innocent ^^

The fight scene was beautiful in its direction. It did draw it out for a bit too long for my liking, but Tsugaru's theatrical speech was nice. They also reused some of the jokes, so the episode is a 3/5 for me, but the show is still a solid 9/10 imo!
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Jul 29, 2023 4:42 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So I just picked this up and went through these 4 episodes in what felt like half an hour. Gotta say, I picked a great time to start watching this, as this 4th episode wraps up the vampire mystery. And yeah I wasn't initially intending to watch this anime, but good reception and good rating and all, so I don't want to miss out. And yes, I would've totally missed out. This has style, great dialogue, and just a solid production quality. This slapped. Will be eagerly awaiting next week's episode.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 29, 2023 6:54 PM
Nov 2022
Tremendo capítulo final, siempre esspere un suicidio, no que el hijo lo hiciera por eso, aun asi, tremendo capitulo.
Jul 30, 2023 2:39 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
And so the killer has been ousted. I really though the old butler dude would have been the killer. But in a twist of fate, it wasn't.

I was under the assumption that holy water would lose its holy properties if you did stuff like freeze it or manipulate it in some form. Guess that this was the loophole around it, if it weren't for the detective duo the vampires certainly would have called it wrong.

There's something about the fight in the end that is simultaneously dark and circus-ey, which I can get behind. We get to see the powers of the oni in action. Going into his backstory was also intriguing.
Twintail_DaemonJul 30, 2023 3:36 PM
Aug 2, 2023 2:38 AM

Dec 2017
Yeah there was no way the human servants could do it. (also we need more protagonists like this having a good sense of humour in anime instead of whiny high school kids)
Really good voice acting this episode by Tsugaru's va too.
Next Destination - ????

off-season said:
These last couple of episodes were quite boring and mechanical after the first episode had promised us a road trip through steam-age Europe.
If you want steam-age Europe you are better off waiting for Majo to Yajuu instead of continuing this anime.
karrotStickAug 2, 2023 2:49 AM
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Aug 3, 2023 9:12 PM
May 2019
I knew it! actually, it was an "easy to solve case". Even though they tried to make it look like everyone could be the killer, if you watched everything with attention to the details, you would know it.
This anime it's so promissing, the potencial is there, I feel like it can be really famous :)
MoonLuhAnaAug 3, 2023 9:16 PM
Aug 5, 2023 2:59 PM
May 2020
The episodes seem short to me, it really has me hooked. Unbelievable how smart Aya is. And Tsugaru OMG, IS SO HOT
Aug 6, 2023 5:11 PM
Jan 2022
Viva ao anuncio À lá circo cardinali
Aug 7, 2023 3:21 AM

Jan 2008
Enjoyed this little murder mystery. Kind of suspected the younger son from the start. It was pretty much between him and the butler for me. 
Aug 8, 2023 2:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The ice stick never crossed my mind but i did have Raoul as a bigger suspect so i wasn't too far off.

The fight looked great again.
Aug 8, 2023 7:00 PM
Feb 2022
Uma boa conclusão do mistério.
Aug 9, 2023 7:05 PM
Jan 2021
This episode was really AWESOME!!! The way Rindou solved the case was superb, I never thought about the murder weapon being an ice stake but I suspected it had to be one of the vampires though.

I also loved all the name drops haha So far we have had Sherlock Holmes, Arsene Lupin, The Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, and Frankenstein's Monster, if I'm not missing any. I suspect our Professor "M" is Professor James Moriarty hehe all these cross-overs have really added to my interest in the Anime, I hope they are "well used" within the plot line 
Aug 9, 2023 7:13 PM
Jan 2021
karrotStick said:
Yeah there was no way the human servants could do it. (also we need more protagonists like this having a good sense of humour in anime instead of whiny high school kids)
Really good voice acting this episode by Tsugaru's va too.
Next Destination - ????

off-season said:
These last couple of episodes were quite boring and mechanical after the first episode had promised us a road trip through steam-age Europe.
If you want steam-age Europe you are better off waiting for Majo to Yajuu instead of continuing this anime.

Uuuuuuh! Thanks for the tip, I did not know about this Manga/Anime but by the trailer and the comments, it looks very promising! Added to the list!
Aug 12, 2023 1:31 AM
Jul 2020
felixsifuri said:
I usually find murder mysteries to be monotonous, but it appears there's one that even I can find interesting. The amount of useless talking and going in circles only to find one plausible solution based on a whole lot of assumptions that turned out to be the correct one is a bit annoying, but with the fantasy setting I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and watch the pretty animation.
right? This show reminded me a lot of Monogatari. It has a very similar premise. A lot of talking, and a lot of questions being thrown out. Watch it if your intrigued enough by this show already, but beware of the fanservice lmao.
Aug 14, 2023 3:36 PM
May 2023
I didn't expect to like a mystery/detective show this much. Great episode and a good conclusion to the arc
Aug 14, 2023 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
Just rewatched this episode and I have to say that it's always a good laugh to see Shizuku and Sugaru bicker and fight. They're just like siblings like Rindo said.
Azri3l said:
felixsifuri said:
I usually find murder mysteries to be monotonous, but it appears there's one that even I can find interesting. The amount of useless talking and going in circles only to find one plausible solution based on a whole lot of assumptions that turned out to be the correct one is a bit annoying, but with the fantasy setting I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and watch the pretty animation.
right? This show reminded me a lot of Monogatari. It has a very similar premise. A lot of talking, and a lot of questions being thrown out. Watch it if your intrigued enough by this show already, but beware of the fanservice lmao.

I think this is better than Monogatari so far. Monogatari was too weird. I had to drop it.
Aug 21, 2023 2:13 AM
Jul 2020
TheLerian said:
Just rewatched this episode and I have to say that it's always a good laugh to see Shizuku and Sugaru bicker and fight. They're just like siblings like Rindo said.
Azri3l said:

I think this is better than Monogatari so far. Monogatari was too weird. I had to drop it.
Yeah monogatari is def a eccentric choice for many people. It's a good 50/50 on if you'll like it or not. Personally loved the character dev every single character had throughtout the whole story
Aug 21, 2023 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
Azri3l said:
TheLerian said:

Yeah monogatari is def a eccentric choice for many people. It's a good 50/50 on if you'll like it or not. Personally loved the character dev every single character had throughtout the whole story
Honestely, I was fine till the stuff with the sisters. That threw me over the edge. 1st season was wonderful though.
Aug 21, 2023 3:39 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
TheLerian said:
Azri3l said:
Honestely, I was fine till the stuff with the sisters. That threw me over the edge. 1st season was wonderful though.
I get why you wouldn't like Monogatari cause of that aspect, judging by that you probably didn't make it to Monogatari Series: Second Season which is by far my favourite, thats a bit of a shame. 

Monogatari comparisons in terms of quirky characters and especially dialogue are very frequently made for this series, absolutely true for this first arc and the pilot episode. 
Sep 8, 2023 4:31 AM
Jul 2023
Really like the story and good ending for the case. I love Tsugaru fight and Aya deduction, cant wait for the next case
Sep 21, 2023 11:47 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The deduction part by Aya was so good, and I had no idea that it would be Raoul, his fight against Shinuchi was also really impressive regarding the animation and direction, definitely the best episode for the resolution of this case
Oct 1, 2023 12:07 PM
Jul 2014
Dude went full 4D chess with that ice stake move
Oct 9, 2023 4:21 AM

Mar 2010
Well the cocky kid who thinks he is a smurf was the killer. Boring ending to this case. Looks like our ml is very op, lets see if we can see the maid fighting
Oct 26, 2023 2:55 PM

Jan 2018
The writing in this show is on the "Sherlock Holmes fanfiction written by a MAL user" level of quality. Pretty lame anime so far despite the good directing.
princessoftrashOct 26, 2023 3:30 PM
Nov 8, 2023 3:58 PM

Feb 2018
Tsugaru whooped the young son real good. Aya verbally nailed (no pun intended lol) the case down to the tea. Mr 'M' has a Frankenstein? His group also looks interesting!
Nov 16, 2023 8:18 AM
May 2023
Very good episode, excellent analysis by Aya, but if the bottle was dirty inside, when it was used to contain Hannah's blood... wouldn't it have been cleaned? Unless another bottle was used and they didn't say it or my subtitles are wrong, which could be. I love that in a simple and theatrical way, Tsugaru eliminated Raoul and I'm not sure if what he shows from the past, from the great purge, was present or is part of the theatrical script.

This is a THEORY: they already confirmed that Sherlock exists, the man Aya and Tsugaru are looking for carries a cane with an M and introduced himself to this family as "Professor", I think we already know who he could be
Dec 7, 2023 7:18 AM
Apr 2016
I totally thought it was the butler who killed her, but it turns out to be Raoul. I feel like it tries a little too hard to be mysterious but at least the conclusion was satisfying. I also like that Raoul actually was killed and didn't just get beaten up as some kind of retribution. It emphasizes that the show is not all roses and jokes.
Dec 30, 2023 9:14 PM

Oct 2019
So what happened to the vampire brat? Did Shinuchi really kill him? 🤔
I finally figured out who the M-dude is. The Sherlock Holmes and "Professor" references, the fact that he's from London, and the "M" initial made that clear:

He is Professor James Moriarty, the king of crime and Holmes' nemesis. Here with a supernatural twist.
If his initial was "F" he'd be Victor Frankenstein, accompanied by his monster.
SharpedonDec 30, 2023 9:18 PM
Dec 30, 2023 9:37 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to BlazingNights
I totally thought it was the butler who killed her, but it turns out to be Raoul. I feel like it tries a little too hard to be mysterious but at least the conclusion was satisfying. I also like that Raoul actually was killed and didn't just get beaten up as some kind of retribution. It emphasizes that the show is not all roses and jokes.
@BlazingNights It was left deliberately unclear if Shinuchi killed Raoul. The "he lost his son" line does not necessarily mean he killed him; perhaps he lost him as a son. More likely Shinuchi beat some sense into him, showing him he was not as strong as he thought and/or there's always someone stronger.

We've also been told that Shinuchi only kills in performances. It was still weird though that Lord Godard never wondered or queried what happened to Raoul...
Jan 6, 4:14 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to borderliner
This one is slipping away from me.

I get that it's going for a particular style of humour but it just leaves me cold

@borderliner

Cold like an undead person?
Jan 18, 2:01 AM

Mar 2015
I'm glad the murderer didn't turn out to be the Butler or the Maid, as it would've been an anti-climatic reveal imo.

Raoul can't even put up a fight lol. Really curious to know now what the old man with a cane and his group are supposed to be. Still unsure whether they're the "good guys" or the "bad guys" after their talk about Lupin. Maybe they're trying to eradicate all monsters?
Mar 5, 11:25 AM
Jun 2022
Couple More Then Done
Mar 9, 2:24 PM

May 2021
He could’ve argued better because there his family but he decided to randomly attack
Bro is dumb
The fight scene was pretty good
Didn’t need the full introduction of oni but ok
Karva1Mar 9, 2:29 PM
Inhales oxygen
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

117 by nikki05 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

123 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

119 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

158 by niookookjo »»
Apr 6, 11:25 PM

» Season two?

Zeekto - Sep 20, 2023

37 by Yuri_Niji »»
Apr 5, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.