Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2023 2:41 PM

Apr 2020
Things will get interesting from now on, glad the second season was already announced.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 30, 2023 2:48 PM
Mar 2015
Better living through creamed puffs
Jun 30, 2023 2:53 PM

Jul 2022
this anime started off weak but the last couple of episodes were great, i give it 7/10
Jun 30, 2023 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
Mash always seems to manage to barge in on the most serious of situations in the funniest way. Still, I wonder why Cell War suddenly felt a headache when Mash appeared. Especially considering Mash doesn't have any magic.

Mash vs Cell War wasn't too spectacular by any means, but it showed that Cell War is on a completely different level than any other opponent Mash has ever faced. Cell's defense is of particular importance, as Mash was unable to inflict any damage. The broken magic-reflecting mirror finally made Mash's friends realize that Mash hadn't used magic in all this time.

However, next to the headache, this strange symbol appeared on the back of Cell's right hand, whatever that might mean. However, one thing is clear. Both confirmed that Mash appears to be the person Cell and apparently his father have been looking for all this time.

I'm glad Abel met someone like Mash. Their encounter has without a doubt created a positive change in Abel and I am sure we will see him again in the future.

To make things worse, the unconscious students appear to have woken up and now got wind of Mash's inability to use magic. Of course, the typical first reaction is to report it immediately lol.

The question now is how Mash will get out of this trouble. The only thing I could think of would be headmaster Wahlberg protecting him.

Other than that, this has been a solid season. Nothing groundbreaking, but definitely fun. Also nice to see that the second season has already been announced for early next year. Should be fun.

Jun 30, 2023 3:43 PM
Nov 2022
It was a great finale for this anime. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Jun 30, 2023 4:06 PM

Sep 2014
Only half of what I expected, the guy was actually a threat!

This ep was so funny but I really lost it when the dude licked the rock, wtf man

Looking forward to season 2, this was a lot more enjoyable than I am willing to admit
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 30, 2023 5:27 PM
Apr 2023
Amazing animeeee
Jun 30, 2023 5:33 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
With a reflection on one hand and lots of action and comedy on the other, we've come to the finale of this show and I gotta say, I had a lot of fun with it.

Mash is quite the character and taking the Wizarding world concept and turn it on its head by making an overpowered gym bro attend it made for a lot of hilerious gags. The animation itself is sharp and colorful with highlights in the action scenes, which there are a lot of. The soundtrack is surprisingly good as well. I'm not keen on who arranged it but the rap choices work surprisingly well.

The only thing I wasn't the biggest fan of was when things started to get serious and there wasn't a clear path the show was going to take since it had set itself with its gags. That might be the focus of the next season considering that now people know that Mash can't use magic and I understand that there have to be downtimes between the high ones but still.

All in all it's a really good package that I'll be glad to revisit next year.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 30, 2023 5:34 PM
Jun 2013
Stardust2011 said:
Mashle is the Worst Shounen I’ve Ever Seen - Its just another anime everyone is gonna forget once the season is over. Mashle is a good example of average beating flashy trainwreck. Although superficially it’s yet another battle shounen made to get viewers and newcomers and once it's completed people jump onto the next season and repeat it.

Not like you have any credit to call something "the worst shounen ever" when you're a 26yo adult with a list and favorites full of anime for little kids while you rate stuff like HxH, MHA, AoT, DS, Naruto, FMA:B and others a "2" lol
Jun 30, 2023 5:49 PM
May 2022
It was entertaining. But I feel like I was expecting more. I didn’t have a bad time though. Will probably tune into season 2
Jun 30, 2023 5:53 PM

Apr 2015
I enjoyed this show for being over the top silly.
Jun 30, 2023 6:16 PM
Jun 2021
Opm X Harry Potter. The starting few episodes were kinda fun because of the concept but then it got boring. Humor is mostly miss
Jun 30, 2023 6:36 PM
Jun 2020
I knew it's about damn time that people find out that Mash can't use magic... I wonder if he really can't use magic though!? Only thing that I'm sure with is that Mash just want to eat his Creampuffs.

Anyways, a parody that is actually good and enjoyable to watch. Seated for Part 2.
7/10
Hiruuu_Jun 30, 2023 6:39 PM
Jun 30, 2023 6:46 PM

Jul 2016
Slightly above-average shounen series. Entertaining with a peculiar OST but incredibly generic in most aspects. Comedy was practically hit or miss (a perfect 50/50 in my case) and antagonists were just forgettable characters with cheap sad backstories.

6/10
Jun 30, 2023 6:49 PM

Feb 2014
Mash really can't lie to save his life lol.

Jun 30, 2023 7:08 PM
Jun 2023
Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Main character! Main character! I am a heroine! You are hero? Oh yeah 😎! That cracks me up 🤣
Jun 30, 2023 7:11 PM
Mar 2023
In the end he ended up evangelizing Abel and he became friendly, the power of friendship and muffins did it again. By the way, after the fight with the Cell War and everyone realizing that Mash didn't have really broken magic, but that he was the really broken one, it looks like some high command is going to end up rescuing him, or even those who have already defeated are going to intervene to cover it, we have to wait to find out.
"-Shouldn't you work?"
"-I prefer to appear on screen"
What a great way to break the 4th wall hahaha
Jun 30, 2023 7:17 PM

Apr 2022
pretty funny for it to end just around the same time as the manga is coming to an end.

but yeah, this season was just fine. first 2 episodes were better than the rest of the show for me. comedy often misses but is funny sometimes. i just find the manga funnier for some reason.
animation was alright, really liked the art style. on the other hand, antagonists were nothing special as well. but the hiphop music was cool.

6/10 for me, not as funny as the manga but the next season has already been announced for january so we'll see how that goes.
Jun 30, 2023 7:19 PM

Jan 2021
Well that was a show. The ending felt underwhelming, we had better highs of seeing Mash's power in different episodes. The budget definitely got spent on earlier episodes they should have spaced it more evenly, the animation quality was all over the place.

Maybe it will pick up more in the second season?
Jun 30, 2023 7:34 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Disappointed the big bad guy doesn’t look like Voldemort
Jun 30, 2023 7:45 PM

Jan 2008
This show was overall really dumb but in a very fun way. Ep9 still had the best looking visuals while everything else wasn't even close. Hoping season 2 picks up the quality for those moments. 

One thing that did kind of irk me about the show was the naming sense. A bit of a cringe tingle every time a new character introduces themselves and says their name. It almost feels like the Japanese equivalent of a weeb trying to string English words together they think sound cool. I still can't take Mash's last name serious.
Jun 30, 2023 8:47 PM
Aug 2016
Excellent.
Loved how Mashle manages to surprize'em all.
Jun 30, 2023 8:51 PM
May 2017
Shit was straight ig

6/10
Jun 30, 2023 8:52 PM

Oct 2022
Nothing that special in the last episode.

The animation in the fights this show offers is really good. But the same cannot be said for the humour of this show, I mean it was ok for a few episodes but after a certain extent it just wasn't hitting the mark as earlier and most of the jokes became stale.(imo).

The characters were also not too much interesting to me.
4/10
Jun 30, 2023 8:57 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, seeing Mash just go at things at his own pace is just brilliant. A fairly cliche take on the OP concept when you look at things from a distance but it was still entertaining to keep up with, so I'm looking forward to what's in store for us early next year!

Looks like the main-ish villain, more so than the previous one at least, isn't as easy for Mash to handle but the problem probably lies in the fact that there might be someone higher up in the chain. And I'm guessing the one who appeared after the final credits would be more like it going forward. But hey, it's Mash, it should be a-okay as long as there's the cream puffs in the world, xD. 

Got to love his nonchalant realisation in the end there, important to make time for shuu-creams, am I right? He could've at least come up with some bs, lmao. Quite the cliffhanger to keep us in the dark for half a year but hey, at least we know that there's coming. Lemon-chan's casual married life reference with Mash there was spot-on, it made me chuckle quite a bit. Dot's monologues were pretty interesting too, he does care about his friends. 

Solid 7/10 from here. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 30, 2023 9:00 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okayish final. Still don't get why this is a popular shounen manga. Because i was expecting something bigger hype than that, but what can i do over this harry potter parody? Opm might be yes, but none for this unfortunately. Nothing can stop Mashle and his creampuffs power tho, even if its mean falling apart together. Heck yeah, that's the reason, good shit right there...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 30, 2023 9:00 PM
Jan 2023
Cant wait for season 2, so far loved it!
Jun 30, 2023 9:01 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Looks like the secret is out. That one student just had to be a snitch, lol.

Looking forward to season 2!!
Jun 30, 2023 9:11 PM

Mar 2007
Another episode where Mash satisfyingly punches a bad guy. He deserved it after disrespecting those poor cream puffs!

So ... I have no clue what to make of the after credits scene. Is he special because he doesn't have magic or his magic is hidden and hasn't been unlocked yet or something?

(Not a manga reader.)
Jun 30, 2023 9:46 PM

May 2019
Decent episode with strong bad guy Cell War having to leave the fight for an appointment with his father (the final scene had Cell's father tell him to go retrieve it, I wonder if that's Mash (or maybe a cream puff lol)). I'm surprised none of Mash's classmates knew that he didn't use magic, like seriously? The guy that said he's going to tell the teacher, he's ungrateful as it was Mash that saved him, someone better stop him.

Anyways, I thought this was a decent shounen with some good action. I mostly laughed at the gag humor and Lemon's lines (girl really likes Mash). The storyline was ok but sometimes it kind of dragged. At least the character designs and animation were good. I'll watch the 2nd season when it comes out.

7/10
Jun 30, 2023 9:54 PM

May 2019
Stormy_77 said:
Another episode where Mash satisfyingly punches a bad guy. He deserved it after disrespecting those poor cream puffs!

So ... I have no clue what to make of the after credits scene. Is he special because he doesn't have magic or his magic is hidden and hasn't been unlocked yet or something?

(Not a manga reader.)
My understanding, also an anime only for this series, is that Mash uses his ridiculous strength to get by and no magic. In the early episodes it was revealed that Mash was born without being able to use magic as he had no magic line on his face (I'm assuming the line on his face while at the school is fake). Mash's grandpa that adopted him knew that he could get in trouble so he raised him in the forest and warned Mash not to travel to the city. Also, the guy that's with his grandpa proposed for Mash to go to school to become a visionary so that he won't be hunted anymore and so he and his grandpa can live in peace. That guy initially was after Mash after Mash went to the city and Mash revealed his face with no magic line.

Anyways, I'm more surprised that Mash's classmates did not know that he doesn't use magic. Hope that helps explain Mash.
Jun 30, 2023 10:40 PM

Mar 2007
Alfredo-Sauce said:
Stormy_77 said:

(Not a manga reader.)
My understanding, also an anime only for this series, is that Mash uses his ridiculous strength to get by and no magic. In the early episodes it was revealed that Mash was born without being able to use magic as he had no magic line on his face (I'm assuming the line on his face while at the school is fake). Mash's grandpa that adopted him knew that he could get in trouble so he raised him in the forest and warned Mash not to travel to the city. Also, the guy that's with his grandpa proposed for Mash to go to school to become a visionary so that he won't be hunted anymore and so he and his grandpa can live in peace. That guy initially was after Mash after Mash went to the city and Mash revealed his face with no magic line.

Anyways, I'm more surprised that Mash's classmates did not know that he doesn't use magic. Hope that helps explain Mash.
Oh I got all that from the starting few episodes, but I was speculating on what the "special" thing that Cell needed to collect was Mash? And if it is because he somehow has some secret magical power yet unknown or not manifested which is why he's so strong? And that's why they want him? Just purely guessing. Won't find out till after S2 if it's just all muscles, but in my gut I think he's special in other ways.
Jun 30, 2023 10:51 PM

Jul 2012
Very much 'Sensible Chuckle' the show. I feel like most of the humor landed for me when a lot of times it doesn't in comedy shows. Didn't know it was a split core, that was a pleasant surprise.
Jun 30, 2023 11:33 PM

May 2019
Stormy_77 said:
Alfredo-Sauce said:

Oh I got all that from the starting few episodes, but I was speculating on what the "special" thing that Cell needed to collect was Mash? And if it is because he somehow has some secret magical power yet unknown or not manifested which is why he's so strong? And that's why they want him? Just purely guessing. Won't find out till after S2 if it's just all muscles, but in my gut I think he's special in other ways.
My bad, yeah I don't know either but I'm guessing its either Mash or something he has but I can't think of anything he has besides a couple of gold coins and cream puffs.
Jun 30, 2023 11:34 PM

Jul 2016
Cedric2498 said:
It was a great finale for this anime. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

But where was Lance?
Jun 30, 2023 11:43 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
It was good that the final episode was conclusive and, at the same time, open for what's gonna happen the next season.

I still have questions about Lance. I don't know if he was Cell all the time, or if Cell possessed his body, or if he was hiding somewhere in his body... well, I'll wait for the next season to know it.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 30, 2023 11:50 PM
Mar 2016
well this is 5/10.  I do hate this generic type of mc been stupid in most shounen series  
Jun 30, 2023 11:53 PM

Dec 2018
so much happened this episode; i guess the cat's out of the bag and i am excited for a new season cuz this was a banger of a show. only gintama and golden kamuy can make me laugh like this. okay, maybe also kono subarashi.
Jun 30, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2018
wow i wasn't expecting so much hate, i thought the show was clever and fun.
Jul 1, 2023 12:22 AM
Jun 2021
I don't know why people are hating on this despite the presence of "Parody" tag in the show itself but I will be totally honest that I found it more "Entertaining" than Chainsaw Man, JJK or any other recent shounen that I have watched (PS- Don't think that I am saying it is better than those two for the god sake)

Mashle might haven't brought anything new into the genre or animes related to magic school but it has definitely been an enjoyable show throughout its runtime. The Gag humour and the parody tag explained all the weird stuffs Mash could do with only his body muscles, there might be some explanation in future regarding that (Guess I should catch up with the manga soon). Apparently, the adaptation was so good and almost delieverd a 1:1 ratio great adaptation which made me feel like it has potential to earn some fame in future if it keeps getting more adaptation even after the Winter 2024.

Mash's character was simplistic yet entertaining, a dumb MC with a good heart having special ability, probably nothing new but he doesn't have to be too complicated to make this story interesting. The side characters were not upto the mark but atleast the characters like Dot, Lance & headmaster definitely shown some good potential, my favourite side character is definitely going to be Dot besides that it fells short in that department. And the comedy (despite being based on tropes we have seen earlier) landed pretty well on me, for me this introductory season was too good that it made me read the manga (which I don't often do). I might change my mind after reading manga but for now......

MY OVERALL RATING FOR THIS SEASON: 7.25/10
A solid 7+ and the wait for next season begins when Mashle S2 would have to compete with the likes of Solo Levelling, COTE S3, etc.
Jul 1, 2023 2:28 AM
Oct 2020
becausShinuki_n_Reborn said:
Stardust2011 said:
Mashle is the Worst Shounen I’ve Ever Seen - Its just another anime everyone is gonna forget once the season is over. Mashle is a good example of average beating flashy trainwreck. Although superficially it’s yet another battle shounen made to get viewers and newcomers and once it's completed people jump onto the next season and repeat it.

Not like you have any credit to call something "the worst shounen ever" when you're a 26yo adult with a list and favorites full of anime for little kids while you rate stuff like HxH, MHA, AoT, DS, Naruto, FMA:B and others a "2" lol
Now your just being a bully~~
Jul 1, 2023 2:51 AM
Oct 2022
kind of good.....
Jul 1, 2023 4:33 AM

Mar 2013
Great series but the joke is getting too redundant, however, the story and its characters are quite amusing and I need more.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 1, 2023 4:55 AM

Nov 2013
10/10
S2 confirmed on January 2024.. but I can't wait :(
Should I read the manga?
Jul 1, 2023 5:28 AM
Apr 2023
Bisalissy said:
That "reveal" of Mash's lack of magic was so forced! How do they deduce him to be unable to use magic from shattering a mirror? That has nothing to do with his "Kicking Flight" or chopping rocks with 1000 punches per second. I wonder if that was to put some cliffhanger at the end of the first cour.

There are two wizards who use physical enhancement magic. If they hit the mirror, it would absorb their magic and return the blow back. The mirror is almost the only way to find out that Mash does not have magic.
Jul 1, 2023 6:05 AM
May 2023
Not good not bad second season incoming
Jul 1, 2023 6:58 AM
May 2013
such an anti-climatic end? at least that kick to the face was satisfying for about 2 seconds.
can't wait for season 2.
Jul 1, 2023 7:47 AM
Feb 2022
Great first season of this anime! After Abel's defeat he reflected on his past actions and world view so now he's decided to do good after Abyss Razor throws himself in front of Abel to save his ass from that Cell War mf. Would be cool seeing Magia Lupus and Mash's friends to join powers. Innocent Zero seems like a crazy ass association too. Wonder how it's gonna be now that people know Mash can't use magic. Mash and the headmaster are cool with each other tho so he very likely will not get expelled anyway.

See yall for season 2 in 2024!
Jul 1, 2023 8:51 AM
Aug 2021
what happened to Lance
Jul 1, 2023 9:18 AM
Sep 2019
It was nice, I liked it
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2023

324 by Cherru »»
May 8, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2023

158 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
May 2, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

rasterman7 - May 12, 2023

130 by HaruYing »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

124 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 24, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

142 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 23, 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.