Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 17, 2023 9:10 AM
Feb 2022
this was awesome as hell wtf
Jan 2022
Honestly quite incredible. The lead up to to the episode's final scene. It was obvious what would happen but i didin't accualy expect her to do it. And when she leaped off i thought "oh shit no it cant be real" i was devastated because i really liked her from the first second she was on screen. But what i did not expect was Aqua stopping her in such a way. The cliffhanger ending was also something awsome. Combined with the amazing ost. Best peace of media that i watched lately.
Jan 2023
Kayaba_J said:
My dude coming in clutch.

She's such a sweet girl, but having that mental distance is crucial for public work, even a banality like canvassing or handing out fliers will get you called scum, disgusting and so on.

I really hope she will become just a great friend with Aqua, not another harem member.

Akane is without any doubts the best girl of the entire opera
She will become fundamental for the plot development
Jul 2020
The Twitter users in a nutshell ep
Banged ep
May 17, 2023 9:11 AM

May 2019
Oh man, when Akane was sitting near the bridge with her food and phone getting wet, I dreaded what was about to happen and she actually jumped... Thank goodness for Aqua.

I didn't know much about Akane prior to this episode (haven't read the manga) so my thought of her was pretty neutral but throughout this episode I noticed her note taking and trying to learn. When her manager got yelled at is when she realized she needed to be in the limelight more and when the accidental slap happened and she made up with Yuki I thought things would've worked out. However, when Akane posted the apology on social media I feared the backlash she was going to get. There's a saying about not apologizing on social media as the crazies on there will only use it to fuel their verbal attacks more.

Anyways, hopefully Akane recovers from this and Aqua focuses back on finding his mother's murderer. Too bad Ruby and Kana didn't have much screen time as they're entertaining to watch.

Oct 2022
Episode focused on Akane… They show how social media badly affect a promising star. Liked the show even i knew these facts of this negative culture

Aug 2009
SamuraiNinja1 said:
Bruh it's not that deep why people getting so mad from a scratch. I'm glad Aqua saved Akane tho.
You say that but the same thing happened to a female wrestler for throwing someone's hat. 
Terrace House Argument | Hana Kimura - YouTube

The big difference tho is that the people that cared for her werent fast enough like Aqua.
May 17, 2023 9:14 AM

Mar 2021
A little reference for this episode...

V1P3R0PMay 17, 2023 9:35 AM
May 17, 2023 9:15 AM
Jun 2011
Todays episode was not my type of "food". Don't get me wrong, in general I like the whole series. It's just that I'm currently in a weird state of mind myself and consume anime to prevent my brain from a short circuit and ending up doing exactly what Akane attempted at the end the episode. At this point I'm not sure if I should continue Oshi no Ko or put it on hold until I'm more stable myself.
May 17, 2023 9:17 AM
Aug 2022
Poor akane, I wish I could really hug her like this is the worst and to think that this is actually true. In there world (even in ours) the hard workers are always abused, hated or made bad rumours on. So much that after a point they can't even think about living is painful to imagine or see happening but is worse is that we can't even do anything about it.
May 17, 2023 9:18 AM

Jan 2018
Weird question. Why can the characters safely say the word YouTube and YouTuber but in the OP Google is spelled as "Gugule"? Feels weird that some names are changed presumably due to copyright but others aren't.

My opinion of Akane until the last episode wasn't much. Didn't think it'd change that much in just one episode. This was another great episode.

Being a famous person is terrifying. You have all these people who don't know you always criticizing you like it's their religion even when they're ignorant about the full picture. I don't think it's something I could take if I was an actor or something.

This series does a fantastic job of showing the toxic side of fandoms. Criticizing works of fiction and fictional characters is one thing but talking shit about authors and actors, especially young actors is a completely different beast.

Cyberbullying is no joke. And the warning message in the end was warranted.
Mar 2013
Amazing episode which describes the thought process of celebrities who commit suicide extremely well..
Aug 2016
That was such a dark and gripping episode. Poor Akane getting targeted by toxic fanbase of the show. Thankfully, Aqua came and saved her at the right time. 

5/5 episode.
May 17, 2023 9:19 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was hard to watch, given the fact that Akane was getting bashed by people on Twitter, and she didn't even mean to do it, Sumi had place a gem on her index finger...I really wished they didn't stop the filming, I feel bad for Akane.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
May 17, 2023 9:20 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi saved her from suicide
May 17, 2023 9:21 AM
Sep 2021
I'm impressed by the mood of the ep. I love Akane TvT
May 17, 2023 9:21 AM
Oct 2016
I'm not really enjoying this episode much. It makes me dwell on negative aspects of my own life. I think about the depression I used to experience in the past. Moreover, it ends without providing closure and doesn't leave me feeling uplifted before it concludes. Negative thoughts overwhelm my mind completely, and it will probably take some time to get rid of them.

However, in terms of the content itself, I think it is well-executed. It covers the entertainment industry, behind-the-scenes aspects, and various impacts that people on the internet may not even realize they are involved in.
May 17, 2023 9:23 AM
Jan 2019
This episode is stunning, more impact than EP1 to me
May 17, 2023 9:25 AM

Jul 2021
Best Episode since nos 1
Made me actually care for Akane
May 17, 2023 9:26 AM
Apr 2016
Extremely impressive stuff — I hardly get inspiration for my books while watching anime these days, but this episode landed perfectly on the motivation button.
May 17, 2023 9:26 AM
Dec 2021
Ngl they got me when Akane jumped
May 17, 2023 9:27 AM

Oct 2016
My boy Aqua lezgooo!
May 17, 2023 9:27 AM

Feb 2021
The Akane episode and the twitter cyber bullying.

Twitter is addicting but at times it's best to just completely stay away from it. 
May 17, 2023 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
When you know cancerous people like this are a NORM on internet. RiP to all the souls lost to cyber-bullying. 
May 17, 2023 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Stellar episode. My faith & hopes in this show being outstanding are getting restored.
May 17, 2023 9:29 AM
Apr 2023
Another great episode! The quality of this adaptation is amazing and its quality is still just as high as the first episode. Can't wait for more episodes!
May 17, 2023 9:35 AM
BIG SCHLONG MAN
Apr 2020
A perfect adaptation of what'll likely remain one of the best episodes of the series. I loved watching this one.
I pretend I'm funny

Aug 2022
This was dark. I really though that she was gonna commit suicide.

Dec 2021
I wish Aqua was there to save Kimura Hana :'(
May 17, 2023 9:40 AM
May 2021
I was already aware of it, but this made me think in depth about how many people might have probably died or reached serious mental states due to the people on the internet. The internet is ruthless, mostly because people on the internet do not really understand about the effect they are having on other people's mental states since for them it is just a form of amusement, in their mind all they are doing is typing random texts on a computer screen so most of them without context hate people just because of the influence of other people.
May 17, 2023 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
The last 10-15 minutes felt like a short film of its own, of Akane's breakdown and just how godawful social media can be, especially towards people in showbiz if they make one mistake. Her life and her reputation crumbled and went down in a spiral that nearly led to her taking her own life if it wasn't for Aqua saving her at the end there. The whole thing was really well executed for the most part and made the industry just look more and more disturbing in the process, especially when it comes to anonymous fans on social media that can just insult her blatantly in every way, shape and form on their devices while people who knew her in person, would make up rumors about her and assumptions just because of the reputation crumbling online without defending or backing her up.

The montage that showed her working her ass off with the comments being shown and heard in the background was really good too, it showed how much effort she put into and how one mistake and social media apps could easily throw that effort in the bin. This kind of thing has resulted in many celebrities in real life, wasting their lives away with substance/alcohol abuse, further controversies or even committing suicide. People are humans too and these tiny mistakes can lead to insufferable amounts of damage, mentally and physically. Way better and more engaging overall than the previous bunch of episodes for sure, I would argue the Akane portion on its own is better than the first episode too for me. God this industry is just so shit to watch behind all the fame.

Glad that the anime staff included the suicide hotline info and number too at the very end as well.
animejasMay 17, 2023 9:45 AM
May 17, 2023 9:43 AM

Feb 2008
Wow this episode was very heavy. As things progressed I was just reminded of the first episode again thinking "Oh ya, this anime can get quite dark like this". Honestly I am really happy Aqua was there, my heart sank in that moment thinking the episode was going to end with her death.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 17, 2023 9:44 AM

Apr 2018
I wish I could forget about the manga while I watched this episode. My emotions to it while watching could be different.
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"

Jan 2008
Japan's apologetic nature combined with the idea that you should never apologize, especially online, as it portrays you as admitting fault. They really hit the mark with realism when it comes to social media. As soon as she started typing out an apology, I could immediately tell this was going to lead towards depression, self harm and/or suicide, especially with how her character is. 

Definitely one of the better episodes after the first.
Aug 2022
I need more dark shows like this, any recomandations? Does not have to be anime.
May 17, 2023 9:47 AM
Feb 2022
You know the show is depressing as hell when this pops up after the ed
May 17, 2023 9:48 AM

Oct 2022
This episode covered the struggle of the Akane and the hate she got for just playing her role is just surreal.
That's why there should be a proper script for a show and not just the characters playing their roles on spot to build the story.

My guy Aqua came to save the day at the end thought, can't wait for the next episode.
May 17, 2023 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
It was very predictable that Aqua would notice and come to save struggling Akane, but I'm so glad he did.
May 17, 2023 9:50 AM
Aug 2020
So lets hear all those haters which every post was hate, now who expected miracles after first episode, show was building up and every episode make sense, this just proves hiw harsh reality is. I thought akane was gone, this was close one.
May 17, 2023 9:53 AM
Feb 2022
One of the best anime episodes I have ever watched. The amount of story, emotion character development they managed to fit into 25 minutes is just increadible.
Sep 2020
2nd best episode of the season. Holy shit the sound design for the canceling was perfect

Sep 2009
Farabeuf said:
Still very pleased that this story doesn't sugarcoat the enormous pressure these young people are under. Ruthless pressure from sick loser fans and management alike. Poor Akane.

That said. I ask myself, Is she important to the overarching plot? Is she relevant as to finding out who the father/murderer is?

DEspite all of her emotional problems Akane is very smart (in contrast to Kana, who is way more stable but not to smart). Without spoilers let's just say she will find out a lot of things Aqua tried to hide or wanted to find out himself just based on some clues.
May 17, 2023 9:54 AM
Apr 2020
That was heartbreaking, people on the internet should get a job, I knew that she was going to jump off a building or a bridge at the end. Thank you aqua for not letting that happen. 
May 17, 2023 9:58 AM
Apr 2022
Every show that bases it’s stories on real life is a banger
May 17, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2021
this was a very real and incredible episode. doga kobo cooked. best girl got the twitter treatment. suicide prevention hotline at the end shows us how serious of an issue this is.

akane flashbacks with the music had me in my feels man ngl. my goat aqua coming in clutch, as usual.
ryoko6May 17, 2023 10:04 AM
May 17, 2023 9:59 AM

Aug 2020
Well this was depressing ep glad Aqua came in clutch.
May 17, 2023 10:00 AM

Mar 2016
Good lord, in all my years of watching anime, this is the first time I've ever seen something like this dropped during an anime episode.

May 17, 2023 10:01 AM

Jul 2021
great great episode. i already saw it coming but still screamed when she stood on the railing lol. so glad aqua came in for the save, i knew he would.

it's nice that we finally have one more anime that shows the dark part of the showbiz. all it takes is a little incident and people can be pushed that much. akane is just an extreme example, you know you shouldn't read those tweets but you just can't stop. the people act like they know your whole life after just seeing your one post/comment on some app or one little incident like the slap, if anyone watches that scene properly they can see that she didn't mean to slap her. yuko's response might come off as surprising at first but it was measured and the most appropriate reaction she could have done to save herself, she played the nice girl and she was already popular so she took all the sympathy and akane the lashing. also btw isn't it illegal to tell someone to "kys"? those users could be arrested.

i really don't know what will happen now. her career in showbiz is pretty much over at this point. looking forward to see how aqua fixes this or if he does it at all. not even sure if they will let akane come back in the show.

pretty thoughtful of them to put those hotline numbers at the end even though i'm not sure if most people even use those, do they? only the ones who actually want to get better would use them but most people who are at the lowest don't even care about getting better.
TsutanaiFuunMay 17, 2023 10:26 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 17, 2023 10:02 AM

Mar 2016
They clearly didn't pull punches with this episode. A true example of "it's not what you know, it's who you know" to be making it big in the entertainment industry. Akane always trying hard, but barely making headway while fellow students and those hiding behind anonymous tags think she has it easy and believe that means they can be utter pieces of shit. The classic case of irony when they tallk about bad upbringing when they clearly need a mirror shoved in their own face.
What made it more interesting though was that Akane even had MEM talk about online reactions and the best way to deal with them. But even then, with someone as inexperienced as Akane who clearly has no-one she can truely turn to, she made every mistake in attempting to counter/ignore the keyboard warriors.

Also another case of the toxic reality of those shows. They cut it instantly after the incident...but still kept the video in the show and pictures of the aftereffects without allowing the follow-up behaviour to be seen, thereby leaving a completely skewed image that the scratch Akane caused was intentional.

Major props to Aqua for stopping Akane from taking that irreversable step. From the way he knew how it would play out though...I'm interested to know how he ended up there himself. In the middle of a typhoon and with his head, it doesn't feel like a coincidence he was there to save her.

Also good on HiDive for the added ending segment. This show is fiction, but unfortunately the events shown can be all too real for some...
TheAquilaSamuraiMay 17, 2023 10:07 AM
May 17, 2023 10:02 AM
May 2023
I liked the episode very much. I read the Manga so i know what is going To happen and I cant wait for the next episode
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

681 by mrhecker07_ »»
5 hours ago

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular? ( 1 2 )

Mattenan - May 31

58 by Owlblocks »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jun 21, 2023

293 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

397 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 5:15 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

468 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 5:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.