Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2022 1:56 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Well this was... generic, even for an isekai. Hopefully it gets better though.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 28, 2022 2:04 PM
Apr 2020
Ragon_Qc said:
Complex0ri said:
I am very hyped for this anime! The first episode adapted the first third of LN1, which means the pace is set to end at the end of LN4. That’s an extremely good place to end the first season! The quality so far has been pretty good

I've given a thought to that, i don't think it'll go that far. I recon it'll stop right after they're done with their second big challenge, which is the end of Book 2. (I don't want to reveal too much here)

That would be optimal, and I guess we will see
Sep 28, 2022 2:17 PM
Jun 2019
Complex0ri said:
Ragon_Qc said:

I've given a thought to that, i don't think it'll go that far. I recon it'll stop right after they're done with their second big challenge, which is the end of Book 2. (I don't want to reveal too much here)

That would be optimal, and I guess we will see
Ragon_Qc said:
Complex0ri said:

He already wanted someone to wield him from the start, and after 30 days of isolation without being able to move, he was literally going insane. He was literally begging for goblins to use him by the 10th day lol

Exactly, also that's not even what "Cuck" is. You meant "Simp".

Its just a joke lmao but also the first definition is on google is a weak or servile man. Servile is literally the best word to describe it. Hes literally just frans tool now. Also simp isn't even a real word
Sep 28, 2022 2:19 PM
Jun 2019
Complex0ri said:
Jeevzsk said:
This dude has to be the biggest cuck, the dude is literally stronger by himself but as soon as the first female comes, hes serving her for life

He already wanted someone to wield him from the start, and after 30 days of isolation without being able to move, he was literally going insane. He was literally begging for goblins to use him by the 10th day lol

I know lmao it was a joke. I just think with telekinesis having a weilder is redundant, he can fly, hit from angles that no one else can and doesnt bleed or get injured
Sep 28, 2022 2:23 PM
Jul 2021
This was basically the best parts (IMO) of Slime and Spider squashed down into half an episode, and when you speed through it all like that it loses any fun or impact. There was no character introduction either and all I know about the guy is that he's as obnoxious as Kumoko. It was semi-amusing when he got stuck and semi entertaining afterwards though, but it seems this will very much be one of those shut your brain off type dumb power fantasy isekai.
Sep 28, 2022 2:38 PM
Aug 2015
I don't understand how people can pretend that something so bleh is any good ... it was boring as hell, unfunny as fuck and the little touch of pedo with the FL => FFS it's shit ! (O_O)
Sep 28, 2022 2:51 PM

Feb 2018
Just as random as I was expecting it to be.
Only read a little bit of the manga, but curious to see how the adaptation goes.
Sep 28, 2022 2:52 PM
Jun 2019
below average isekai. Horrible episode 1
Sep 28, 2022 3:02 PM
Mar 2022
good animation
good va's
Sep 28, 2022 3:17 PM

Apr 2015
Most of it was just introduction. Nothing too too exciting yet.
Sep 28, 2022 3:21 PM
Sep 2020
Complex0ri said:
JudgeDeadd said:
Ah yes, 15 minutes of listening to a guy talk about what skills he's going to choose and exactly how many mana points he's gained. Thrilling stuff.

Also murdering goblins en masse for... no reason, other than them being ugly, I guess.

He has more personality shown in the LN, but he said in the anime he was killing the monsters to steal their crystals, which gives him their skills. Getting the same skills upgrades the skill

My point was more, the sword dude comes across as a psychopath the way he kills these goblins (clearly intelligent and social creatures) when they've done nothing particularly bad onscreen.
Sep 28, 2022 3:32 PM
Nov 2021
JudgeDeadd said:
Complex0ri said:

He has more personality shown in the LN, but he said in the anime he was killing the monsters to steal their crystals, which gives him their skills. Getting the same skills upgrades the skill

My point was more, the sword dude comes across as a psychopath the way he kills these goblins (clearly intelligent and social creatures) when they've done nothing particularly bad onscreen.

To be fair, one of them spit on him, so that warrants execution for everyone present. :)

/s
Sep 28, 2022 3:45 PM
Mar 2011
I loved this episode, it felt like a nice fresh start to isekai anime so I am very hopeful for the future of this.
Sep 28, 2022 3:51 PM

Jul 2015
Eyy that was pretty good. I don't recall when last time we actually had Catgirl protagonist. I like her assertive personality too.

Sep 28, 2022 3:54 PM
Jul 2019
Ok, the first episode was actaully much better than I expected, tbf I didn't expect much but it was still pretty nice regardless. Animation was pretty good for this kind of series, MCs were pretty fun and not so One dimensional or cliche. And the story may look like cruise but it was surprisingly gorey. I say a 4/5 episode.
Sep 28, 2022 4:02 PM
Jan 2017
episode 1 was great! Way better than what i had gone into it expecting!
Sep 28, 2022 4:05 PM

Jul 2021
It was an interesting first episode! The sword sure can do tons of abilities as they do more slashing the monsters though I need to get used to the sword slaying animation because I'm not fond of the 3d parts of it, but anyway, it's rather humorous and has a dark atmosphere to it as Fran lives in such a cruel world, but the sword saved her from two headed monster and enslavement for what has been a long-term harm on Fran's own limitations. Their journey is just the beginning. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 28, 2022 4:08 PM
Feb 2021
The background osts reminded me of Mushoku Tensei! The animation looks so smooth and neat. It's an interesting take on isekai, as always, there's gonna be something new and unique. I hope the quality won't diminish as the series goes by. I'll follow this anime through.

Episode 1 is a nice setup, although there are a lot of details about the skills and talent of our MC, it kinda makes you just don't care because you know that you know, the sword is OP. Regardless, I'm interested to see how they are gonna handle Fran and MC's interaction, especially Fran's backstory
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 PM

Sep 2021
Not expecting too much from this, but it was alright enough for a first episode. Shinichiro Miki made me laugh so much, and I have a feeling Shishou and Fran are going to have a good dynamic. Fran is so cute and I loved her deadpan delivery.

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Sep 28, 2022 4:36 PM

Dec 2017
I dont remember see things in the manga that apear in this episode, but it was fine for the first episode
Sep 28, 2022 5:52 PM

Aug 2019
In case people missed it:
- The glutton slime boss with a dimensional pocket was a Rimuru reference.
- On the map one of the monsters had a pikachu silhouette because the VA for Teacher is the VA for James in the Pokemon series.
Sep 28, 2022 5:52 PM
Nov 2021
At this point, we know what the start of an isekai looks like, so the show gives us a truncated "he died, now he's here" and gets on with it, which I appreciate. The big win here is the Characters and writing so far. Our catgirl friend Fran is adorable and driven, while our MC has fully committed to being a sword and recognizes Fran's passion and seeks to help her reach for the stars. Also the fight scene with Fran weilding the sword was really well done, looked great. I can't wait to see more :3
Sep 28, 2022 7:02 PM

Sep 2019
Interesting first episode. Looking forward to the show.
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 PM
Nov 2021
Jeevzsk said:
Complex0ri said:

I know lmao it was a joke. I just think with telekinesis having a weilder is redundant, he can fly, hit from angles that no one else can and doesnt bleed or get injured

Basically, Teacher can share a number of skills with the wielder. So if he has the skill "Flame magic 2", he can share that, and now you have 2 users with 2 mana pools that can use "Flame magic 2".
Plus, as the wielder gets stronger, they will also learns a bunch of different skills.
And finally, simply, as a sword, his instinct is to be wielded. "What is my purpose?"

So no, it's not redundant.
Sep 28, 2022 8:03 PM

Aug 2020
it was okay, looking forward to the next ep

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 28, 2022 8:13 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty standard start that we've become more than familiar with by now, I'm glad they speedran the whole "he died and reincarnated in a different world" part lol. This doesn't feel any different when compared to your average isekai, but it'll probably just be some nice dumb fun.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 28, 2022 8:20 PM

Dec 2021
I have no idea why the show like 80% of grindy process at first episode? Animation is insanely good ( i hope budget didnt drop ) gonna look for proper episode, next week episode
Sep 28, 2022 8:42 PM
Jul 2021
this technically episode 0 prolog introduction can't wait real action & adventure kick in later the duo sword dad and fran the daugther.
Sep 28, 2022 8:51 PM
Dec 2017
good animation good vibes good start
Sep 28, 2022 9:37 PM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, we see our main Mcs uniting for the upcoming adventure, liked the setting, and looking forward to how they handle it.

I give It 5/10.
Sep 28, 2022 9:44 PM
Aug 2020
Really gooddddd episode loved it a lot
Sep 28, 2022 10:13 PM
Oct 2016
More than my expected
Sep 28, 2022 10:30 PM

May 2015
Cat Girl and Sword definitely makes a great pair! Excited to see how they deal with that goblin army.
Sep 28, 2022 11:18 PM
Jun 2022
CAN'T WAIT FOR EP2 AND ALL EPISODES
Sep 28, 2022 11:32 PM
May 2021
I've read the light novels, and the scenes is as I expected. Fran is so cute and an adorable tho... (>_<) strugling to pull the sword. Makes me want to reread the whole series again!
lepikuwuSep 29, 2022 12:20 AM
Sep 28, 2022 11:35 PM
Mar 2021
What are the expectations regarding this anime after watching the first episode?
Sep 28, 2022 11:52 PM
May 2021
Interesting start. Soundtracks and Camera movements were good. Fran is really cute though 😂😂
Sep 29, 2022 12:07 AM

Apr 2015
This was actually better than expected and have a lot of possibilities where this can go.

Fran is must protect material. And i think her and the Sword MC will have a great relationship of like Father/Master and Child.

The OST was great and the ED theme that play there seems good.
Sep 29, 2022 12:34 AM

Dec 2015
i was worried we wouldn't have a 'face' or 'eyes' on the Sword MC... but that kinda sorta goofy looking 'rabbit skull' looking face he has... heh! i like it!!

cat girl is just cute as a button! :D

i enjoyed this 1st episode... i'm DEFINITELY going to keep watching this one! :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 29, 2022 12:51 AM
Sep 29, 2022 1:09 AM
Oct 2016
the sword face design is CRINGE AF. Everything else is pretty good, from our MC lolineko to our broken op isekai sword kuns evaluation of how to proceed to the brutal violence. The minor cgi was forgivable and is hopefully less jarring and less included in future episodes. The bad guys were a little comically evil, so that does a tone, but may, again, hopefully be world building in that's how people are in this world; fairly selfish, and look down on the lower class.

I'd prefer it if the enemies weren't comically evil and had minor motivation, but it probably won't be the case, it will probably be unredeemable bad guys so our mc(s) can use their broken op skills on them unfettered.

I'm going to strap in expecting a solid 6/10, filled with gore, loli fanservice, beautiful backgrounds... and nothing else. There will be low quality plot, low quality characters, some old sword man mentoring, a tragic backstory, and some hilariously bad written villain no one could possibly feel affection for to smite on episode 12. The standard isekai soup, which we've all come to know and love as our media consumption to pair with our daily meal break of choice.
-The Wandering Albatross
Sep 29, 2022 1:27 AM

Nov 2020
I like it much. It seems to have good pacing, now that they summarized up Teacher first expereince very well.
The series can begin now with her new user, Fran.
Sep 29, 2022 1:49 AM
Feb 2022
I love to see some action movies like this
Sep 29, 2022 2:31 AM

Jan 2021
Apart from the mainstream story, the animation is well made, I am satisfied that the sword can fly freely like a missile.
Sep 29, 2022 3:10 AM
Mar 2022
Stark700 said:
AbemaTV streams the first episode today.
https://twitter.com/tenken_official/status/1575125676289454080

Episode kinda went as how I had expected by introducing Fran and that talking sword that's twice her size. Like isekai shows these days, there's some focus on stats similar to RPG games. This actually did feel like watching a game being played along with its animation segments. Against all odds, Fran turns out to be a badass.

Character chemistry so far seems amusing too.

ig now I'll have go at this 😁
thanks for the preview
Sep 29, 2022 4:04 AM

Feb 2018
Teaser was promising, but the actual show is just an extremely boring shit.
I guess none of the creators ever heard of "show, don't tell" rule
Sep 29, 2022 5:15 AM
Apr 2018
Omega6047 said:
Jonan0510 said:
something different, love it this far

How is it any different from the usual garbage?

Isekai for no reason, overpowered from the get go, meets cute girl for the cover art. It's just another one in an endless pile of shitty isekais.

Never read the LN but many said the first episode cut all the reasoning and context so they can focus with the meet-up. Well, this is only one episode though. They might explain a lot more shit later. I know you are burned out but are you being too harsh? After all the animations were pretty good. Clearly a better show than ex-arm and Isekai Cheat Magician.

You definitely sounded like the anime man: "I know what will happen with this series 🤓 cause I watch a lot of anime", then proceed to watch 200x other repetitive slice-of-life, shonen or monogatari-esk series.

Don't the wrong idea though, I usually hate isekai too but i just hate peoples that likes to makes their own conclusions or assumes shit.
Sep 29, 2022 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
Generic Isekai #7649

I started regretting picking this up 5 mins into the first episode, wasted 23 whole mins of my life! It's the usual gaming mechanisms with MC starting to power up right after reincarnating as a sword and the usual kemonomimi slave girls, let's not forget all the stats screens are conveniently in Japanese.
Sep 29, 2022 5:36 AM

Nov 2013
A bit slow but character development is nice to see gradually instead of "hi I'm overpowered" then the story ends
Sep 29, 2022 6:13 AM
Apr 2018
helldraco said:
I don't understand how people can pretend that something so bleh is any good ... it was boring as hell, unfunny as fuck and the little touch of pedo with the FL => FFS it's shit ! (O_O)

Maou_heika said:
Generic Isekai #7649

I started regretting picking this up 5 mins into the first episode, wasted 23 whole mins of my life! It's the usual gaming mechanisms with MC starting to power up right after reincarnating as a sword and the usual kemonomimi slave girls, let's not forget all the stats screens are conveniently in Japanese.

There are at least 50 animes out this season, why y'all pick it up in the first place? Are humans nowadays so ignorant that they forgot that there is a "related" section in every Mal profile that you can use for further context/research of what anime is this? It was easier to open those related section rather than opening up forums tab and ranting bunch of stuff. Not to mention google exist.

Its like you hate fish but proceed to go to sushi place without knowing it was made of fish then shit on it at the end, calling it a garbage only from a first bite.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2022

169 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

99 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.