Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 8, 2022 8:44 AM
Jan 2015
More cyberpunk more fun!!! Davids gonna die young.
Oct 10, 2022 11:40 AM
Jul 2022
like it.............
Oct 10, 2022 2:41 PM
Sep 2022
It was just a bit boring, I tried to make myself like it but it just doesn't click with me :(
Oct 11, 2022 2:54 PM
Dec 2018
Great episode. One of the good ones. It has good mood.
Oct 13, 2022 8:50 PM
Apr 2015
Amazing.
Truly captures the brilliance of the Cyberpunk world
Oct 21, 2022 8:41 PM
May 2020
lucy's backstory didnt have to be so peak fam
Oct 22, 2022 4:34 PM
Apr 2021
ngl, wasn't expecting a timeskip in a 10 ep show. this episode threw off my perception/expectations for the show a lot, but a lot of big things happened. for one, buff david is really weird lmao. i've had a suspicion rebecca's gonna die since like e5, and she hasn't yet but i just felt like mentioning that rn since she seems to be becoming more prominent. i'm still not sure whether to trust lucy. if she was gonna betray david, it's quite a commitment to date the guy for like 2 years as part of the plan lol. i wonder where her moon dream will come back in. i was right about the arasaka theory last ep btw, im kind of a genius for that. i really don't know where this show's gonna go from here, honestly. i could kind of even see david dying.
Oct 26, 2022 6:27 AM
Oct 2019
wow Timeskip...

So David really become like Maine?

Finally getting some Lucy backstory.
Oct 27, 2022 6:47 AM

Sep 2014
Just how long was this timeskip? Cant be too long since Lucy still wants more time

pretty good again though, felt like 5 minutes

Lucy and David seem to be living together?

Becca is still around which is nice
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 31, 2022 2:12 PM

Feb 2018
Lol Julio's introduction was rather short but he seemed goofy af kek. David looks like Maine now.. Lucy's story was awesome!
Nov 4, 2022 7:40 PM

Aug 2018
It happened some time after Maine.
David became the leader and became popular, Lucy moved away from the group but is still with David.
Although the final scene...what happened?

Nov 15, 2022 10:06 PM
Nov 2021
decent.........................................
Nov 22, 2022 1:08 AM
Jan 2021
not a big fan of David's new design but still a very good episode
Nov 22, 2022 4:34 PM

Apr 2018
Quite some time passed since the deaths of Maine and Dorio. David is jacked aff now and looks like he's the leader now. They did that rookie so dirty LMFAO.
Anyway, that last convo between david and lucy was beautiful and her past revealed.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 23, 2022 1:03 AM
Jun 2013
Guess time skip. Would've been nice to give us the actual time. Looks like grew up after Maine and Dorio deaths and even took Maines equipment.also surprised Lucy still hasn't talked about whatever shook her this whole time. Is Rebecca trying yo bang david?David? Also seems like these corporations fall on the super evil side since killing kids and all.
Nov 24, 2022 4:11 PM

Feb 2012
David has inherited Maine's position after that incident. If a rookie dies under his command, they die. He takes the charge in negotiations as there is no one else.
Rebecca cheerful as usual.
We learn more about Lucy's past. She and David are good couple.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 9, 2022 12:14 AM

Mar 2015
Bit of a time jump, and Dee's taken the wheel!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 13, 2022 7:15 AM

Mar 2016
I reckon that it's been a couple of years or so since the event of the last ep judging by David's appearance here post-time skip, but looking at the canonical chronological events, it should not be more than a year, so the time skip might be several months at best.

Still, David got majorly upgraded hooly, he doesn't even resemble the physique that he once has when his only augmentation is the sandevistan, and now he's stepped full of tech in his body. Kinda make me worried that he might suffer from cyber psychosis as well. Forget appearances alone, status wise, he already made a name for himself, enough to get a big-ass apartment flat for himself and Lucy, hell yeah that's awesome.

Lucy's backstory is revealed and honestly, that explains how she's such an effective hacker, she is essentially alive just to serve Arasaka's interest. Good thing she's on Davids side, despite him not knowing Lucy's been protecting David from all these mofo out to get him.
Dec 26, 2022 12:00 PM
Dec 2022
What happened to her??
Jan 5, 2023 5:08 PM

Oct 2022
I was a little caught off guard with the time-skip, but it is nice to see that David has become the leader of the crew.

Absolutely did not see Rebecca trying to get with David.

Damn Lucy, you scary.
Jan 18, 2023 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah as I told before he got traumatized and now he olded too quick, but i do not understand why they keep working for Faraday since they are against the company stuff is not faraday working for militech?
Jan 29, 2023 5:54 AM

May 2015
Mah boi David went to chrome gym!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 2, 2023 1:46 AM

Feb 2020
If I were David I definitely woulda got with Rebecca then.

Feb 6, 2023 8:46 PM

Feb 2021
Ayo, I expected David to get Maine's arm implant but I didn't expect him to get so jacked and chromed up. It looks like he is the new leader of whatever is left of the gang. It seems like they have a new mission dealer too.

Rip Julio, I guess 💀💀💀

We got a glimpse of Lucy's past. Tough life.

So the Arasaka's are trying to retrieve some memory/info that Tanaka had and Lucy had discovered that day?

Feb 6, 2023 9:11 PM
Apr 2020
Unexpected time skip, but so far pretty good.
Feb 23, 2023 5:29 AM

Oct 2020
I was guessing that Lucy had been running away from something in the past.
Mar 16, 2023 11:43 AM

Oct 2018
Timeskip here and tbh, I can't say I like it at all. We got more of Lucy's past so it's not total bad or anything.
Mar 19, 2023 9:42 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I had a feeling Giancarlo Esposito from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul was voicing Faraday. His voice is easy to recognize.
Mar 28, 2023 11:41 AM

Jan 2023
Wow, it seems like a lot of time has passed since the events of the last episode. David got implants, and so did Lucy. Lucy is even more beautiful than before.
Mar 28, 2023 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
Damn David went all out with the new implants.
Was good finally learning about Lucy's past.
Apr 20, 2023 10:04 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, David has changed so much in just a few episodes. He's bigger and stronger now.
Oh yeah, my idol Adam Smasher! He's such a badass!
Lucy fanservice is always appreciated!
Once our timeline gets our own version of cyberware, working out to bulk up will become obsolete.
Jun 1, 2023 11:10 PM
Jan 2023
Pretty chill episode
Jun 11, 2023 3:26 PM

Apr 2023
Everyone is all so grown up now and David really has came along way when he started.

Jun 17, 2023 11:45 PM

Aug 2019
Ngl i didn't expect the time skip but they played it out ok. If the studio had a bigger budget, i'm sure they could of fleshed out and shown more about the time after the major incident.

David taking the mantle after Maine's death was surprising, the incident definitely changed him but he's become more mature in those years. I was also surprised to see Lucy again, from what happened last episode, to David after their heist saying they don't anymore, genuinely thought Lucy left him but nah. Its nice to see them happy together at least, they've both been through their fair amount of shit so seeing them still out there for one another was nice.

David being mostly cybernetics is just so many red flags. I'm genuinely surprised he went down that route, he saw a cyberpsycho blow a crew members head off, and watched Maine who was kinda turning into that parental figure slowly lose himself and it eventually killing him. It feels weird that he took almost none of his past crewmembers mistakes as a lesson, and instead went ahead anyway. I guess he's still basking in the high that he's "special" from what Jimmy told him and Doc Ripper telling him he has an affinity to cybernetics. Still sucks that he decided to go so far even though it seems like he's doing well for himself. Also i feel like they didn't change his facial proportions at all, he looks like a body builder with the facial structure of his 15/16 year old self.

Honestly i know its still early, but i'm still surprised that David decided to buff up on cybernetics. I guess the defence here is about him "chasing a dream" much like Lucy. If i'm correct, it seems David is chasing Maine's dream of... becoming a renowned cyberpunk? I'm not actually sure what dream David is actually trying to chase that requires him to follow in Maine's footsteps to closely. At least this ep we get Lucy's backstory, and how the dream she's chasing is her own freedom, but in David's case i guess he's just trying to be Maine? But at the same time, Maine told him before his death to "keep running" implying David should live free, but if so, this hurts extra hard if David's implication of this wasn't to get jacked on cybernetics to follow Maine's footsteps, instead doing it on his own accord and again neglecting Maine's mistakes. 
Again, i know its still early to make assumptions, but seeing everything David has right now, the really luxurious apartment, living a happy relationship with Lucy, fame on the streets. Seeing him taking a risking gamble cus he's "special" and possibly becoming a cyberpsycho like dosen't sit well with me.
Jul 12, 2023 7:57 PM
Sep 2015
Can't help but feel strange about David not knowing anything about Lucy's past after months (years?) of living together.

The timeskip itself was pretty sudden, overall, too.

It was worth it for the stargazing scene though. Really appreciated it
Aug 12, 2023 10:52 PM

Jan 2022
How much time went by for David to become almost completely metal?? His arms and legs now! He has more lines too lol so are he and Lucy living together now? Becca is a little goofy lol
The end scene was weird...
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 9, 2023 12:26 AM
Sep 2023
RIP to the new guy, got to watch for lasers
Oct 1, 2023 2:22 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Showing David taking down that big maelstrom in slow-motion then immediately in real time was beautiful. Speaking of maelstrom, they seem to be doing alright most of the time, I always wondered why they all don't suffer from severe cyberpsychosis when they're pretty much not even human anymore. I guess some implants hit harder than others, or that some just have a better tolerance for it.

So we had Hanzo, now we have McCree, that being Falco (who didn't really seem to receive a proper introduction, he was just kind of thrown into the action in the previous episode). Dude also voices Levi Ackerman in the AOT dub as well, dang, who knew.

I had forgotten about Lucy's backstory, how it was about chasing someone else's dream, and then her mirroring that with David. Adds even more weight to a story that is already quite heavy.

Man this is really making me want to play the game again.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 7, 2023 1:07 AM
Oct 2023
Learning the past of Lucy and more details about Arasaka and its inhumane experiments. David gets a new contract for Militech, but towards the end of the episode we can sense his slowly descent into cyberpsychosis.
Oct 13, 2023 3:07 PM
Mar 2019
Where did that over confidence come from??
Nov 11, 2023 9:06 AM
Oct 2023
glad to see the crew back. anbd see lucys backstory, i wonder what will she do though
Dec 31, 2023 3:36 AM
Jan 2019
I liked learning about Lucy. David's frame seemed bigger than I preferred.
Jan 8, 2:40 PM
Apr 2023
One of the weaker episodes. I still love this show but not a lot happened in terms of emotions this episode. I like that it skipped in time quite a bit, David being swole now and managing the small club now very good, got some backstory for Lucy which I was very curious for, and mostly stuff introduced for later, like Adam Smasher, the Militech job and red eyed Lucy. Excited for what’s to come. Also watched Komi-San for this episode which was really fun.
Feb 6, 4:13 AM
Mar 2013
its aite idk i think i am only watching this cuz i played the game and sound effects are nice
Mar 5, 5:07 AM
Oct 2021
now david become a big guy
Mar 10, 1:43 AM
Nov 2020
This episode details the after effects of David experiencing Maine's death. We see he's started to enhance himself in an excessive manner, just like Maine did. David is losing himself to the Chrome, and it's something that's basically right in front of us.

We get introduced to a couple new characters, like Julio and Wakako, with Julio dying very fast. Julio very obviously represents David, but at least to me, not in any meaningful way. Maybe it's meant to express that David is expendable, as Julio's death isn't treated with much grace, but David being expendable seems unlikely considering this is the same episode Faraday deems him worthy enough to have him pick up a job.

Speaking of the Faraday interaction, I think it's the best moment of the episode. David, after talking to Faraday, intentionally picks up a job for a corporation trying to compete with Arasaka. The gang is now working for corpos, something that they seem to be very against in the beginning, something I think is meant to represent David's descent. He isn't the same person he used to be who has motives and reasons to wanna fight against corpos. The guy is becoming like Maine, and cares for the money more than anything.

Lucy's backstory was kinda cool, but it felt like a little bit of a cliche, and didn't interest me much, especially with the build up it was given. This episode's pacing also felt a bit odd. Otherwise, great episode with great discovery of themes.
Apr 4, 5:05 AM
Jun 2023
I can't believe this little dipshit became the boss. He screwed multiple times doing his job and crew just followed him? Ok, I'll just guess he started small, got money with reputation and now team is back.
And why Arasaka did nothing assuming they know he has that implant and his body is special? They just offered him to apologize and go back to school. So much effort.
Well, 3 episodes left I have doubts now. This huge timeskip seems like a mistake.
Apr 25, 6:12 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty solid episode I guess but the timeskip definitely does feel very rushed. I guess that's a fault of such a short runtime, but I wonder if it's what fits best, we'll see.
I forgot all about Lucy's backstory, really great at giving one of the better characters an emotional backstory as well as exploring more of the world.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 13, 2022

1011 by ToTheGyz »»
May 22, 6:23 PM

» Why isn’t the cyberpsycho guy listed as a character on MAL?

SwagsOnB - May 6

13 by Kitsune_Corr »»
May 11, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fishb0i - Sep 13, 2022

168 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

200 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 20, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

93 by kixann »»
Apr 19, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.