Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 17, 2022 3:51 PM
Jul 2022
people dislike it for stupid reasons as always, mha is really good
Aug 17, 2022 4:06 PM
May 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
Grown out of battle shounen~

Does that counts as a reason? I cannot enjoy shounen like I did when I was younger~

godamn dude. you really love gundam. Well if it's that good then I gotta watch it.
Aug 17, 2022 4:35 PM
Nov 2021
Ciulletto said:
people dislike it for stupid reasons as always, mha is really good

There are some stupid reasons but that’s just what people think on a more personal level

Anyway, the mc’s entire character personality was crying for the first half of the show, bakugo is just the jerk/bully character but doesn’t have an actual reason to be like that. The plot is decent, the pacing is slow. It’s not talked about enough I feel, but the pacing is super slow, all the manga readers always say “oh but next season will be better”. It hasn’t been true so far, hardly anything major has happened in the show, it’s really predictable, and despite having cool character designs for the side characters our mains seem kinda plain. Most characters lack personality, or when they do have some personality it consists of some stupid stereotype. I find it very difficult to like any of the characters because of this.
If the main characters of a show suck then the show can’t ever be amazing, in order to have an amazing show you also need amazing characters with good/complex personalities along with likable character design.
Aug 17, 2022 4:43 PM

Apr 2022
It’s just a generic shounen, the more you watch anime, the less you will like it.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Aug 17, 2022 4:44 PM

Jul 2013
The plot is stale.

With other shonen, there is a tangible end goal to trek towards. BNHA is more slice of life than shonen.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Aug 17, 2022 6:07 PM
Jan 2021
I honestly enjoyed the show at first but it starts declining when villains are involved. I also hate deku and Bakugo. I ended up liking a lot of the minor/side characters way more than the main ones.
Aug 17, 2022 6:47 PM
Jul 2022
Sagepool said:
Mrassassin124 said:
its been a while since I've watched it but I would say simply the mc and some of the other characters I'd have to watch it again to explain more

Ya I’m really done with Deku and Bakugo now. And so many good characters get no screen time

Welp, they did give Krishinima (whatever his name),Lida,Todoroki and some oyher characters screen time.
Aug 17, 2022 9:49 PM
Sep 2020
80% of it is boring af. But I gotta admit that those 20% are pretty damn good. Its just not worth it to sit through all the boring stuff.
Aug 17, 2022 10:50 PM
Nov 2013
I can’t say I dislike it, but as the show goes on it feels more corny and I hate seeing Deku cries, it just pisses me off
Aug 17, 2022 11:25 PM

May 2017
I just really wish that the mangaka could write female characters. Uraraka had such a cool backstort going for, as a poor kid who wants to help her family's small business, but they don't really do anything with that. This is is same for pretty much every other female character too.
But honestly, the show writers could plop in some interesting fill in that build up our female characters too, like they did with Froppy. That was a neat filler episode that showed how she uses her powers to save people, building atleast a little bit of character for her.

and yeah, the latest seasons have been boring to me. the over-arching story is going SO slowly, and I honestly think that if they actually had the balls to kill off characters, like All-Might or even Ida's older brother who was Ingenium before, then the story would have more seriousness and depth.
Aug 17, 2022 11:47 PM
Sep 2021
I have only watched first 3 season and was kinda boring i know it gets better which is the reason why i will pick it up again at some point but anyway i dont dislike it actually dont really have solid opinion at all cuz havent watched it fully yet
Aug 17, 2022 11:51 PM
Mar 2022
at first i low key liked it but then season 4 and 5 just made me not wanna watch. its an okay anime tho.
Aug 18, 2022 12:16 AM

Feb 2022
Extremely boring, I almost fell asleep watching this.

Aug 18, 2022 1:19 AM
Sep 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
Grown out of battle shounen~

Does that counts as a reason? I cannot enjoy shounen like I did when I was younger~

i think that is pretty normal, people of all ages dont enjoy all kinds of things.
Aug 18, 2022 4:57 AM
Apr 2020
dont have a reason since i dont dislike the show fanbase hella cringe though but idc i enjoy the show still
Aug 18, 2022 5:52 AM

Dec 2020
Boring cast, bad writing, boring fights
Aug 18, 2022 6:59 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t. The fandom is just something I don’t get involved with.
Aug 18, 2022 7:05 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The characters look quite ugly and the synopsis doesn't seem interesting at all.

I always have bad feelings for this show everytime I see it, it's like seeing a sinister looking house I shouldn't enter no matter what.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 18, 2022 7:06 AM
Jun 2021
After seeing numerous shonen anime it seems generic but not only that the characters aren’t really that interesting but not only that the story didn’t really hook me that much after seeing season 1. After watching it I was like eh it’s alright.I feel like it pales in comparison to other shonen greats like Naruto, One Piece, and HxH
Aug 18, 2022 7:14 AM
Feb 2021
oddeyez said:
Started out with an interesting concept but unfortunately fell into the same category as so many other shonen. I liked it more when Izuku knew very little about his powers, now it's just like Naruto where he is so insanely strong compared to everyone else. Plus the pacing has been all over the place, the series can go from very high highs to some of the most boring stuff I've seen from a modern shonen

This is very accurate. Throughout the show it was very much a slow burner, but since i wait till all eps are out to binge watch, i don’t really mind because I find the Highs so entertaining! Like that endeavour fight was bad ass, and Izukis fight against the mob leader! I feel MHA is for most episodes, watchable but the bangers are like 7-8 for me
Aug 18, 2022 7:36 AM
Oct 2021
The plot was boring, it felt like watching the same thing again and again. School, save someone, learn new ability. I started the 3rd season and just left it there at the 3rd ep.
Aug 18, 2022 7:37 AM
Oct 2021
Retroiscool said:
I would like to say that I haven’t finished My Hero, but from what I watched so far I do not dislike it. I just think it’s a little over dramatic when some of the stakes aren’t very high

What season r u on?
Aug 18, 2022 7:39 AM
Dec 2021
Idolistentomcr said:
Retroiscool said:
I would like to say that I haven’t finished My Hero, but from what I watched so far I do not dislike it. I just think it’s a little over dramatic when some of the stakes aren’t very high

What season r u on?
I’m on the end of Season 2, and as I saidI haven’t really finished the series. I was just saying what I thought about it now
Aug 18, 2022 7:47 AM
Dec 2021
I don’t dislike it, but it has over-quirky characters (by this I mean they have one personality trait which gets highlighted too much), a generic story and some corny lines.
Aug 18, 2022 7:56 AM
Aug 2021
but i like this show very much
and those who hate gave silly reasons
Aug 18, 2022 8:56 AM
Jun 2021
DexterDrubo said:
Sagepool said:

Ya I’m really done with Deku and Bakugo now. And so many good characters get no screen time

Welp, they did give Krishinima (whatever his name),Lida,Todoroki and some oyher characters screen time.

Iida, Todoroki, Endeavor, and Hawks have had good screen time. I think the villains needed a bit more screen time. I also wanted more screen time from Uraraka, that was a missed opportunity. The big 3 students need more time and so do all the pros. Thats why I’m always just disappointed in the show cause lots of great characters, but we get stuck with the Deku Bakugo dynamic
Aug 18, 2022 9:57 AM
Mar 2022
I don’t dislike it the fan base is just really cringey ngl
Aug 18, 2022 10:52 AM

Mar 2021
Predictable plot
Zero Threat (Everyone is alive even after 5 seasons)
Unnecessary filler arcs
Unnecessary large cast with no character development over time
Minimal World Building
Total time allotted for flashbacks > the actual content
Animation getting worse with each season
Annoying character traits: Bakugo - Always angry, Deku - Always sobbing, Mineta - Always horny
Worst boss fight with no choreography - All might vs All for One

The list goes on...

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Aug 18, 2022 5:25 PM
Apr 2020
MC is a bit weak, character personality wise, the underdog living up to his master's expectations just doesn't really do it for me anymore. Main team side characters are better than MC but the other random side characters that are meant to help the story are very weak in MHA. Manga is better. MHA I feel was written to be THE NUMBER 1, next big thing take over everything 10/10 every time but it just never lived up to the hype. Shoulders not wide enough.
Aug 19, 2022 12:46 AM
Feb 2021
I dont hate it, but saying i like it would be an over statement. 5/6 out of 10 to me.

Deku is a boring Mc, really nothing that we havent seen many times before, he developes more in terms of maturing and getting stronger, than having actual character development.

Having an actually unique, interesting maincharacter that represents Heroism without shouting stuff about heroism every few seconds is totally possible, Ichigo from Bleach proved that years ago.

The fights are great, no complaints on that side.

The sidecast is okay, but there are to many unrelevant characters. Shoto/Endeavour and Bakugou, Hawks and a few more carry the cast a lot for me.

It has many arcs that feel to stretched out, the s5 tournament arc is just horrible to me. I get its a school, but i dont need multiple tournament arcs in one series.

The series just doesnt do much new. Taking Inspiration while still being unique, JJK managed to do just that. i feel like MHA didnt. it feels just like BlackClover, like it took to mich Inspiration and didnt really have many own new ideas. We have the weak hero getting stronger after getting power from a veteran because of personality, then the school, the training arc, the tournament arc, the actual battle arc, another tournament arc and now we are entering the war arc. And executionwise it is enjoyable to watch, but it doesnt give me this wow factor i have when watching something like Bleach.

Also it is wayyy to childish and the humour i almost always a miss for me. I thought we finally would fling away from the Child casts, and go more into young adults with the shounengenre, but MHA-Cast consists to 70 percent of children. Being an adult, its really hard to relate to that or feel hype from two kids screaming at each other.

Overall an okay show, and the war arc looks like it has potential, but it isnt great to me.
Aug 19, 2022 5:29 AM
Jun 2021
They introduce like 5 classes of characters over the show and you could not pay me to give a shit about a single one of them
Aug 19, 2022 4:41 PM
Feb 2022
I will have to agree with a video essay I had once watched. as far as shonen is concerned the protagonist should have been mirio it would make the premise so much better. on a more unrealistic standpoint (since its a shonen) it would be cool if deku turned out to be not so great after all (not a villain necessarily but perhaps much more selfish than he appears to be?)
Aug 20, 2022 2:03 AM
Jan 2021
It’s boring as shit…
Aug 21, 2022 12:46 AM

Dec 2020
Maybe the antagonists ! The8r reasoning is pike we are villains cause we are villains the creator made us to play the villain , so we gotta destroy the heroes

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Aug 21, 2022 1:16 AM
Apr 2018
I think the main problem with this anime is that it has so much characters that it doesn't know where to go. As lineal as it is when comes to the plot... It has good things but also quite a few flaws. I don't hate this anime It's not an abomination. Also the amount of toxicity around the fandom is incredibly ridiculous I wouldn't want to have them as enemies lmao.
Aug 21, 2022 3:07 PM
Jan 2022
Gentle Criminal.
Aug 21, 2022 4:19 PM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
I don't really dislike it much but I couldn't get attached to either the story or any of the characters. And i found bakugo really annoying

Aug 21, 2022 4:26 PM

Mar 2022
I only watched 1st season and didn't continue. Mainly because :

1 -) The setting and concept was very boring and bland.
2 -) I didn't connected with any of characters unlike other shounens I watched.
Aug 22, 2022 6:10 AM
Jun 2021
it’s just simply boring to me, but not because of superheroes, i love marvel
Aug 26, 2022 5:17 AM
Nov 2020
prolly how mainstream it has become and how many non-watchera know about it and hate because of the fambase
Aug 26, 2022 9:26 AM
May 2021
The story and characters arent that bad but when you put 80% of screen time onto a character which is not interesting or exciting in any way (Deku) it cant turn out well, Deku is way too generic. I did kinda like season 4 when they focused on other characters a little more but still its just not that good...
Aug 28, 2022 5:16 PM
Jul 2020
if someone says Fandom they're the weakest link
Aug 30, 2022 3:32 AM
Apr 2020
I feel like show wise it’s mainly because there are some really good arcs and some really mediocre arcs spear in between. Also sometimes arcs are so close to being good but fails to deliver at the end
Aug 30, 2022 10:16 AM
Oct 2021
The only reason is power system. Which is actually great but as the story moves forward they introduce some quircks which doesn't look cool instead makes me feel cringe. Like that leans man from episode 1 of season 4 after seeing that i never feel like continuing that show. I don't know the reason for others
Sep 1, 2022 10:58 AM
Sep 2020
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
i feel like people who watch anime just dont want to see more superhero shit

Chapter 139 of AOT is the reason why

Marvel has ruined anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

278 by Apreggi »»
Today, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

297 by Apreggi »»
Today, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

217 by Apreggi »»
Today, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

263 by Apreggi »»
Today, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

334 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.