Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 11, 2022 3:36 AM
Aug 2018
i'm happy to see senkuu and gen evil face again... lol
Jul 11, 2022 4:18 AM

Oct 2008
OMG another ultra awesome episode!!
acquired advancement! being able to crate a hot air balloon and fly.
not yet acquired: ocean transportation from a big huge ass boat.
seriously can't wait for S3!!!
5/5.
8/10.

Jul 11, 2022 5:13 AM
Oct 2019
Ahh YES!!!
Finally Ryuusui is here!!
that snap finger is EPIC!!

New Version of the OP 1 is Amazing!!

One hour of Exhilarating!!
so much progress and i love every single second of it.

Now we patiently wait till Spring 2023 for Season 3.
Jul 11, 2022 5:21 AM

Aug 2021
A beautiful episode!
I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the 3rd season more than any time!

Jul 11, 2022 5:30 AM

Oct 2015
Gen is a master a manipulator, the dude is the most dangerous person on the series. He's more dangerous when he is with Senku.

As for Ryusui, he's awesome as a character particularly now that he managed to add value to the village and the series in general. I like him and his narcissism complex.

Episode needed a villain, even though they're only getting oil and doing all these new innovations. I miss Tsukasa as an antagonist, he brought wrath and fire into the show. Nevermind that, I still enjoyed it and wish for more.

Man I wish I had a million Drago.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 11, 2022 5:44 AM
Feb 2021
-Flaky- said:
absolutely loved every second of it, it got me so hyped for S3. Still wondering where Tsukasa is..
Tsukasa is in cryo-sleep, after the events of Season 2...He was severely injured and Senku cannot perform a thorough surgery because of lack of equipment...So they decided to cryo-sleep him until they gather enough resources...Go watch Season 2 again you forgetful idiot...jk
Jul 11, 2022 6:02 AM

Aug 2015
The genius duo (now trio) have an amazing chemistry, but I just love how Chrome represents the wonder of humanity and the desire to know more than what you have. Senku put it beautifully into words during the first season when he told Tsukasa that even if he dies, there will always be someone who will have the curiosity to learn and discover.

Btw this special was miles better than the whole second season. This show becomes really strong when they focus on making things.
Jul 11, 2022 6:12 AM

Aug 2021
This was such a wild ep I was laughing throughout that fashion show and the stage play ....and that Kaseki DRIP!!! All the things in this ep felt perfect after that fight ending with Tsubasa and the continuation after it....Gen's method was genius tbh...was so great to see my boy Chrome again with the same energy as ever
I also love the new guy Ryuusui was so fun with the drago currency and their greed XD !!!

Looking forward and hyped for season 3!
Jul 11, 2022 6:16 AM
Dec 2020
HanfuryGX said:
-Flaky- said:
absolutely loved every second of it, it got me so hyped for S3. Still wondering where Tsukasa is..
Tsukasa is in cryo-sleep, after the events of Season 2...He was severely injured and Senku cannot perform a thorough surgery because of lack of equipment...So they decided to cryo-sleep him until they gather enough resources...Go watch Season 2 again you forgetful idiot...jk

Im sorry for forgetting 😭 I only remembered up to the part where they lay down on the ground. Thx for reminding
Jul 11, 2022 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
It was funny to watch. Actually, it's a good presentation of a new character and a sneak peek at what'll come in the next season. The animation was top-notch (dr.stone has good animation overall) and I can't wait for the next season. The only saddest part of this is we've to wait to 2023 and I dunno if I can stand it.
Jul 11, 2022 11:02 AM

Nov 2013
Superb adaptation. This was indeed exhilarating!
Jul 11, 2022 12:00 PM

Apr 2018
That OVA totally took me off guard.
Didn't it was planned and it was much better like that.

That new version of the first opening is a delight. BURNOUT SYNDROMES never fail to amaze me.

The OVA was awesome. There's some scientific stuff missing that might have been great like the wind phenomenon or something. But it was definitely a great adaptation.
Imo Dr Stone stands at its peak when it leaves you in awe and when it deals with wide views. The round earth "reveal" did it for me, especially if you see it as Chrome who didn't even think he could touch the sky once in his life.

あんた馬鹿?
Jul 11, 2022 1:16 PM
Apr 2016
hmmm the episode was pretty cool but i didn t understand why they wanted to explore the other side of the planet. I feel like they have more important things to do
Jul 11, 2022 1:21 PM

Jun 2015
Ohayou sekai good morning world! YES!

I'm surprised someone other than Senku was aware.

I thought it was the new season T_T I didn't notice it was a special until I finished watching it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 11, 2022 6:10 PM
Mar 2022
Good episode. Can't wait for s3
Jul 12, 2022 9:47 AM
Jan 2013
Well, that was sheer H Y P E !!!!
The best of humanity's traits bunched up all in one!
The capitalistic system of incentive, the crazy sheer will of the exploration and, of course, the science to backi it all up!
I dare say THIS WAS EXHILARATING!!!
Jul 12, 2022 9:49 AM
Jan 2013
Franck_Nicolas said:
hmmm the episode was pretty cool but i didn t understand why they wanted to explore the other side of the planet. I feel like they have more important things to do

'cause Senku is one scientific madlad that won't elt anything come his way, even if he has to hang onto a flying balloon for Gods know how long!
Jul 12, 2022 2:32 PM

May 2018
Ngl this was amazing for a special episode. The battle with the Cumulonimbus 'dragon' was awesome!

7/10
Jul 13, 2022 2:06 AM
Sep 2015
The movie was an absolute blast, them covering arguably the some of the best chapters of the series was a pleasant surprise. Way to introduce a key character into the new season. He was boisterous, confident and a genius in his field.

But he was still no match against Senku and Gen when they pull off their shenanigans. The troll faces the duo make when they scam Ryusui are hilarious.

I like how the first flight was handled, they really know how to stir up emotions to renew your appreciation on technologies you take for granted for being common in our time.
Jul 13, 2022 5:15 AM

Jul 2016
HanfuryGX said:
-Flaky- said:

In his little coffin of emotions.
Jul 13, 2022 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
The madlad Ryuusui is finally here and this was quite the exciting episode. I didn't think they'd adapt actual chapters in this and instead it would be some anime original stuff. Now I wonder what they will do with s3, continue from here or show this stuff again in s3.
Jul 13, 2022 9:07 PM

Feb 2011
Gosh I missed Suika's voice actor and her cute dialect

best character

Jul 14, 2022 12:26 AM
Mar 2016
I don't see any point of selling science in exchange for money while you can just printing money. I mean if he (ryusei) want money then just print money to give him. there is no point of selling like clothes or joker card to get those useless paper (money). in the dr stone world I only consider silver gold diamon jewel is currency and worth its power.
also working in dr stone world is the most powerful currency.
Jul 14, 2022 3:44 AM
Sep 2015
KinjiKido said:
I don't see any point of selling science in exchange for money while you can just printing money. I mean if he (ryusei) want money then just print money to give him. there is no point of selling like clothes or joker card to get those useless paper (money). in the dr stone world I only consider silver gold diamon jewel is currency and worth its power.
also working in dr stone world is the most powerful currency.

The movie actually addressed it, this was when Ryusui was giving an explanation about “Trust” when he was asked by another character a similar question.

IMO the movie was introducing the basics of “representative money” or currency which derives its value from the commodity that backs it instead of having its own intrinsic value like gold, silver, precious metals and gems, etc. (i.e. commodity money)
In the case of the “Drago”, this is backed by the oil Senku is searching for. The money derives its value from absolute certainty that Senku will find that oil which will then be used to fuel the technology to run the Kingdom of Science.

In a sense, you can also say that the Drago also has “fiat currency” features in it since it relies on trust to the authority (Senku) that it’s value will eventually be honoured.

Representative and Fiat forms of money are in themselves considered human innovations as it allowed for easier trade of goods and services resulting in greater scale of economic activity that in turn accelerated human technological advancements.
Even Senku acknowledged this in the movie.
Jul 17, 2022 10:52 PM

Mar 2016
I still don't understand why they made this part separate from season 3. It's supposed to blend right in with the boat building.

I forgot how annoying Ryuusui was. lol.

That dragon-like cloud was animated so well. It looked like a proper cloud that was shaped like a dragon head. lol. It didn't look too much like a cloud or a dragon; the cloud to dragon balance was perfect!
Jul 19, 2022 3:53 AM
Oct 2020
They better release season 3 asap :/
Jul 20, 2022 9:24 PM

Mar 2014
This may be an in-between-seasons special but it still reminded me why I love this series. And the remix for the new OP was fantastic.

Watching society slowly come alive again piece by piece is so exhilarating. An economy with "draco" bills, fashion, a department store, hot air balloons... And this was just 1 special!

The fact that 2 of the main antagonistic factors in this special were the geologic force of a volcano (MT. FUJI!) erupting several times to change the landscape over 3000+ years and a cumulonimbus cloud was a huge thrill for this earth science nerd.

Also loved that Gen explained his technique of "forcing" to trick people into unknowingly choosing what he wanted them to choose. It's quite obvious when you're already familiar with the concept, and even though it may be really deceptive, the reason for why he did it was so much more important.
Jul 23, 2022 7:39 PM

Apr 2008
Senku and Gen being the evil duo against Ryusui, I love it. 🤣😭

Jul 24, 2022 8:55 AM

Feb 2021
I thought that Senku are gonna blown away after those high air in the sky XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 28, 2022 6:05 AM

Oct 2014
That was a beautiful episode. Now I am hyped af to watch the next season.

lets freakin go!

*When Kohaku notices that balloon heading to their village.*
Kohaku: Chrome, Ryusui, SENKUUUUU! <3

(Kohaku romantic feeling for Senku confirmed?)

Aug 1, 2022 3:44 AM

May 2021
Seven said:

Oh yes, those faces are a lot of fun. Thank you for reminding me again :)

Perhaps I missed it. Why did they call the money "draco"? Was it in the anime or manga?
Aug 1, 2022 6:58 PM

Apr 2008
Euonymus said:
Seven said:

Oh yes, those faces are a lot of fun. Thank you for reminding me again :)

Perhaps I missed it. Why did they call the money "draco"? Was it in the anime or manga?

I think it's just a play on Ryusui's name because part of his name means dragon and he was the one who made the currency so he wanted to call it something similar?
SevenAug 1, 2022 7:21 PM
Aug 3, 2022 9:38 AM

Mar 2010
Its been too long, twas a nice breeze. Haven't been in a air balloon before but tis not a bad idea.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 7, 2022 12:30 PM

May 2020
watching this made me realise how much I loved dr stone back when I watched it weekly
I can't wait for s3 to air now

Aug 10, 2022 5:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Looks like a new eccentric character joins the cast, why am I not surprised xD? It seemed as though the trio got themselves in big trouble but leave it to the experts to find a way out. No idea how Senku managed to hold on through that acceleration upwards though, or how the handle didn't break off. But let's leave that for another day, lol.

Looking forward to S3!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 10, 2022 7:46 AM
May 2021
افضل عالم بتاريخ كل شيء
Aug 13, 2022 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
This just made me more excited for season 3. Can't wait for it!!!!
The episode itself was enjoying. The new character is great. Overall, 9/10 episode.
Aug 19, 2022 12:44 PM
Jan 2022
46:45 "Enough with this dick measuring contest"

Pls I love the randomness in this anime xD
Science + good artstyle + funny jokes

10/10
Aug 24, 2022 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
this special episode is amazing I'll give this a score of 9.5 out of 10
Sep 4, 2022 7:02 PM

Sep 2015
Finally something to wash the taste of cheap, greasy garbage out of my mouth that Danmachi and Shield Hero gave me. Remade OP1 sounds amazing as the original.

7.5/10, keep it up.
Sep 12, 2022 3:27 AM
Nov 2021
Foi legal ter uma ideia de como será a temporada seguinte(que promete seu bem legal).
Sep 14, 2022 2:57 PM
Feb 2020
this anime still has a lot of moments that are
WELL
THAT'S
CONVENIENT
Sep 21, 2022 12:30 PM

Sep 2020
Sep 24, 2022 10:45 AM
Jul 2019
Good as a episode of a good anime/manga but was sad to see it be a special
Sep 30, 2022 7:01 PM

Dec 2013
Ryuusui really is every bit as crazy as the reporter girl claimed and I love him for it.

Gen is such a fantastic manipulator. Not even Ryuusui stood a chance against Gen.

I never really cared for Yuzuriha but she was much more fun in this OVA. The outfits she made for everyone looked really cool. Especially Kaiseki. Try not to fall for him!
Dec 19, 2022 9:15 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Finally got around to watching this special episode, and man this absolutely slapped, feels so good to have Dr. Stone back even if it’s just for an hour lol, and I know it won’t be long until we get it back again so I’m very hyped after watching this. As for the episode itself, really enjoyed everything it had to offer. Ryuusui started out unlikable at first (except for his comment about women lol) but he slowly grew on me as the episode progressed. I found him to be similar to Senkuu and Chrome and he definitely works well with them as we saw during the hot air balloon scenes, he also brought some game changing stuff himself like when he reintroduced money to the world. Whether you see that as good or bad, you can’t deny that it helped in this instance lol, I’m excited to see more of him as part of the main cast when Season 3 rolls around.

I also really enjoyed seeing some old favorites have great moments, Gen really stole the show in a lot of scenes, I especially loved his explanation at the end about making people think they’re choosing. Next to Senkuu I always found Gen’s bits to be the most interesting in the series. Yuzuriha also really shined in this one when they needed cloth for the hot air balloon, she’s always been a favorite of mine too so that was really nice, it also goes to show she’s hyper skilled at what she does, the fashion show was also a good showing of her skills while also being a funny bit seeing the primitive people in modern looking clothes, Kaseki especially transformed lol. And the final bit with the hot air balloon really rocked, it was another one of those Dr. Stone style touching moments where you see humanity re-achieve a great feat, and Chrome’s reaction really made it great. I also enjoyed another personification of nature with the thunderstorm dragon, similar to the Ark of Covenant-style gas waifu in Season 1 lol.

Without a doubt a fantastic special episode, absolutely can’t wait for the 3rd season on the horizon! And one last thing to mention, it was nostalgic hearing a new version of the first OP from Season 1, that was fitting for sure.
Jan 2, 2023 7:48 PM
Mar 2019
If this was the bridge between series, it was done pretty well.
New and Old characters working well together.
Jan 14, 2023 12:49 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This brought me back into the spirit of this show.
Jan 16, 2023 6:08 PM
Nov 2022
it super was a super thrilling scientific showcase, better than seasons before.
Jan 19, 2023 5:43 PM
Jul 2022
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Continuity errors?

ST63LTH - Feb 18

9 by dearestclaudio »»
Mar 6, 3:01 PM

» The new guy: Ryuusui - What do you think of him?

Sysny - Jul 11, 2022

27 by SarahxLevi »»
Jan 13, 6:43 PM

» OP "Good Morning [New] World"

deg - Jul 10, 2022

9 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:44 PM

» Is this canon?

StuntMastah - Jun 25, 2022

15 by gyroandhisballs »»
Mar 11, 2023 10:19 AM

» Is it necessary to watch this?

ItzNishant_123 - Nov 2, 2022

27 by ItzNishant_123 »»
Nov 3, 2022 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.