Forums
New
Good or bad CGI
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 8, 2022 1:13 AM

Mar 2022
TadanoZura said:
immeasurable pain ๐Ÿฅน why just why cgi why ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน

imagine after this a vagabond film is annouced. hope new one piece film dosent have his since toei is making that too.
[/url]
Jul 8, 2022 1:14 AM

Mar 2022
Chota_Itachi said:
Man this looks good what's your problem

? are u referring to the pv or the manga or anime since idk if ur just trolling or fr
[/url]
Jul 8, 2022 1:16 AM

Mar 2022
OvergrownRover said:
neffst3r said:
I can't believe this shit, Inoue's art is just so beautiful and Toei has the audacity to do this. It looks even worse than that Dragon Ball Super new film.
So fucking disappointing.

Inoue himself is DIRECTING the movie lol

imagineing him 2 years after this apoloiing for making it and justifying it
[/url]
Jul 8, 2022 2:01 AM
Mar 2021
Bellace said:
TadanoZura said:
immeasurable pain ๐Ÿฅน why just why cgi why ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน

imagine after this a vagabond film is annouced. hope new one piece film dosent have his since toei is making that too.
i don't even wanna think ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ that DB movie was also a cgi movie by toei ๐Ÿ’€
Jul 8, 2022 2:34 AM
Jan 2021
(15 character limit)
Jul 8, 2022 3:24 AM

Mar 2022
TadanoZura said:
Bellace said:

i don't even wanna think ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ that DB movie was also a cgi movie by toei ๐Ÿ’€

imagine after wano we get all CGI epsiodes. they are converting to cgi with DB and Slam Dunk. we have to stop this
[/url]
Jul 8, 2022 3:25 AM

Mar 2022
Sinovexx said:
(15 character limit)

Walter White loves Slam Dunk Manga
Walter White hates Slam Dunk movie
[/url]
Jul 8, 2022 3:38 PM
Mar 2021
Bellace said:
TadanoZura said:

imagine after wano we get all CGI epsiodes. they are converting to cgi with DB and Slam Dunk. we have to stop this
I'd doubt that'll happen but toei be on smth and it's need to be stopped ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ bro they on sum wierd shi ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jul 8, 2022 4:24 PM

Mar 2022
TadanoZura said:
Bellace said:

I'd doubt that'll happen but toei be on smth and it's need to be stopped ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ bro they on sum wierd shi ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜ญ

my biggest hope is toei gets bankrupt and broke making any chance of ruining our childhood impossible.
[/url]
Jul 8, 2022 4:53 PM

Oct 2015
No comment. I am more used to the old animation style. :(
Jul 8, 2022 4:56 PM
Mar 2021
Bellace said:
TadanoZura said:

my biggest hope is toei gets bankrupt and broke making any chance of ruining our childhood impossible.

na but fr tho ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
man I never wanted that cgi shi
toei in the mud rn fumbling hard and railing us
I just hope that inoue continues Slam dunk after the injury but I doubt that'll even happen (bro's not even touching ongoing manga for nearly a decade๐Ÿ’€)
the movie was my only hope then toei raped it up
man now even if inoue hope back on REAL and Vagabond now it would be like dream
I be crying while thinking about it ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jul 8, 2022 9:05 PM

Nov 2021
Bellace said:
Chota_Itachi said:
Man this looks good what's your problem

? are u referring to the pv or the manga or anime since idk if ur just trolling or fr
I'm just praising what i liked , how's that trolling lol

Jul 8, 2022 11:22 PM

Mar 2022
NewestPersonHere said:
No comment. I am more used to the old animation style. :(

i feel ur pain rewatching the anime re-read the manga yesterday and look what they did to my boy
[/url]
Jul 8, 2022 11:23 PM

Mar 2022
Chota_Itachi said:
Bellace said:

oh ok. it seemed like u were trolling since liking this is like saying berserk 2016 looks amazing.
cool.
[/url]
Jul 8, 2022 11:23 PM

Mar 2022
TadanoZura said:
Bellace said:

na but fr tho ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
man I never wanted that cgi shi
toei in the mud rn fumbling hard and railing us
I just hope that inoue continues Slam dunk after the injury but I doubt that'll even happen (bro's not even touching ongoing manga for nearly a decade๐Ÿ’€)
the movie was my only hope then toei raped it up
man now even if inoue hope back on REAL and Vagabond now it would be like dream
I be crying while thinking about it ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜ญ

we got less chapters of real and vaagbodn cause of this
[/url]
Jul 9, 2022 2:04 AM

Nov 2021
Bellace said:
Chota_Itachi said:

oh ok. it seemed like u were trolling since liking this is like saying berserk 2016 looks amazing.
cool.
First go watch berserk 2016 or ex-arm then maybe I'll think about taking whatever you say seriously

Jul 11, 2022 8:43 AM

Mar 2022
Chota_Itachi said:
Bellace said:

cool.
First go watch berserk 2016 or ex-arm then maybe I'll think about taking whatever you say seriously

I'll take whatever you say seirosuely when you have legitmate reasons for liking dollar tree cgi.
It's OK to like bad art but it's still bad.
[/url]
Jul 11, 2022 8:45 PM
Oct 2016
Announced almost 2 years ago, and the resorted to CGI. It's GARBAGE!
Jul 16, 2022 2:33 PM

Mar 2022
maattthhhh said:
Announced almost 2 years ago, and the resorted to CGI. It's GARBAGE!

facts. we waited so long.
i remmeber dreain to see this for like as u said 2 years and they subvert ur expectations.
[/url]
Jul 19, 2022 4:00 AM

Aug 2020
I think the CGI wasn't that bad, but I do understand why people are disappointed about it lol.

Jul 19, 2022 6:59 AM

Feb 2021
It will be a continuation movie from there the old series stopped?
Jul 19, 2022 8:27 AM

Aug 2021
I just hope it get good cg, just finished the manga some minutes ago and so hyped for Sannoh arc to be animated
Jul 22, 2022 12:25 AM
Jan 2021
Whyyyyy TOEI WHYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!!!
WE FINALLY GOT A REMAKE...AND NOW THIS!!!๐Ÿ˜ก
Jul 22, 2022 12:35 AM

Feb 2020
It looks pretty good from what is shown tbh. Would have had better reception, if it was not for anime community
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 22, 2022 4:08 PM

Mar 2022
Kirisakei said:
I think the CGI wasn't that bad, but I do understand why people are disappointed about it lol.

It wasn't the worst CGi ever looking back I think mainly since Inoue had to work with it so expect above average but this is a disrespect to decades fo waiting for any Slam Dunk content since 1996 and we get a bad CGI poorly made questionable continuation of the anime.
[/url]
Jul 22, 2022 4:11 PM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:

I don't think they have made it clear but I assume since the title is The First Slam Dunk from websites that what's it's titled that so I guess it will be a restart of the manga since the anime left off going into filler that wasn't in the manga (haven't watched the anime in years so might be wrong).
[/url]
Jul 22, 2022 4:12 PM

Mar 2022
Shioneri said:
I just hope it get good cg, just finished the manga some minutes ago and so hyped for Sannoh arc to be animated

The CGI is in the video it's really in my opinion poor since the last content we got of Slam Dunk was like in 1996 and we waited for this.
[/url]
Jul 22, 2022 4:13 PM

Mar 2022
AnIFoRLiFe said:

They did this to Dragon Ball and now Slam Dunk. As a OP fan I can't help but be scared.
[/url]
Jul 22, 2022 4:14 PM

Mar 2022
Adampk said:
It looks pretty good from what is shown tbh. Would have had better reception, if it was not for anime community

I think it's the general public. I've seen majority of the English and some Japanese replies on twitter spamming angry comments under Slam Dunk tweets now cause it looks bad.
[/url]
Jul 23, 2022 1:33 AM
Jan 2021
Bellace said:
AnIFoRLiFe said:

They did this to Dragon Ball and now Slam Dunk. As a OP fan I can't help but be scared.
I know,Right????!!๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jul 23, 2022 2:07 AM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

I don't think they have made it clear but I assume since the title is The First Slam Dunk from websites that what's it's titled that so I guess it will be a restart of the manga since the anime left off going into filler that wasn't in the manga (haven't watched the anime in years so might be wrong).

But they can't adapt all the manga into one film.
Jul 23, 2022 6:46 AM

Mar 2022
AnIFoRLiFe said:
Bellace said:

I know,Right????!!๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Facts, they're ruining my childhood. What makes more mad with Slam Dunk is we got our last content in 1996. It's 2022 and our newest content is a poorly made cgi film that will fail and give Slam Dunk the reception of bad art and animation. Thanks Toei
[/url]
Jul 23, 2022 6:49 AM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

It will prob be a trilogy or a good amount of films if this does well at reception and box office. Reception prob for Inoue since he talks about it alot. Box Office for Teoi and reception if it stands out from how the manga and anime were received.
This will prob be our last Slam Dunk content since Inoue owns the copyright and is strict on newer content so oof. And this won't do well if the reception is bad and if it fails cause of pirating and bad recepiton and poor box office as a whole it's over
[/url]
Jul 23, 2022 6:58 AM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

It will prob be a trilogy or a good amount of films if this does well at reception and box office. Reception prob for Inoue since he talks about it alot. Box Office for Teoi and reception if it stands out from how the manga and anime were received.
This will prob be our last Slam Dunk content since Inoue owns the copyright and is strict on newer content so oof. And this won't do well if the reception is bad and if it fails cause of pirating and bad recepiton and poor box office as a whole it's over

Indeed. Why they simply can't adapt the remaining chapters and make the series of 12 episodes? I am crying!
Jul 23, 2022 7:29 AM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

Indeed. Why they simply can't adapt the remaining chapters and make the series of 12 episodes? I am crying!

Yeah, depression never hit as hard. I think the reason they're restarting is because of Inoue since theres a rumor he didn't like the anime since the animation and art he didn't like and when it was going into filler since Inoue had the copyright he cancelled it. And now hes directing this so he wouldn't wanna have his worked involved with that show that he cancelled. This is a rumor btw but it makes sense since authors rarely have copyright to their works
[/url]
Jul 23, 2022 7:38 AM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

Yeah, depression never hit as hard. I think the reason they're restarting is because of Inoue since theres a rumor he didn't like the anime since the animation and art he didn't like and when it was going into filler since Inoue had the copyright he cancelled it. And now hes directing this so he wouldn't wanna have his worked involved with that show that he cancelled. This is a rumor btw but it makes sense since authors rarely have copyright to their works

But he can restart with the normal series instead of this. I am shocked.
Jul 23, 2022 7:45 AM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

He could but Inoue is very pristine in Japan and while a show is good it's like Stanley Kubrick or Quiton Tartino trining to TV Shows instead of films it would kinda be looked down upon since television isn't as respected as film.
Inoue is iconic in Japan mainyl since he's a cash goldmine and based on his interviews and his idea of art television wouldn't work best since he's one of those artists who if they think theres a ink of color they'll destroy their paintings (this one interview he diddn't like his drawing so he slammed it in the trash and kicked the people filming him out for a moment).
Toei also thinks prob Slam Dunk is dead property since no new material since like 1996 so they need to get people back into the series and tv isn't the easiest way to hype people up and they're prob using this CGI contrversay to boost ratings and tickets; they think making a contrevsery could increase sales which is a possibility but a very extreme theory since Inoue would prob fight back against it.
[/url]
Jul 23, 2022 7:55 AM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

He could but Inoue is very pristine in Japan and while a show is good it's like Stanley Kubrick or Quiton Tartino trining to TV Shows instead of films it would kinda be looked down upon since television isn't as respected as film.
Inoue is iconic in Japan mainyl since he's a cash goldmine and based on his interviews and his idea of art television wouldn't work best since he's one of those artists who if they think theres a ink of color they'll destroy their paintings (this one interview he diddn't like his drawing so he slammed it in the trash and kicked the people filming him out for a moment).
Toei also thinks prob Slam Dunk is dead property since no new material since like 1996 so they need to get people back into the series and tv isn't the easiest way to hype people up and they're prob using this CGI contrversay to boost ratings and tickets; they think making a contrevsery could increase sales which is a possibility but a very extreme theory since Inoue would prob fight back against it.

I hope after the movie they make normal TV anime series.
Jul 23, 2022 8:20 AM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

If they do it will be prob around 2030 if this anime film series is a hit if it fails then pretty much all enw slam dunk conent is over
[/url]
Jul 23, 2022 8:25 AM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

If they do it will be prob around 2030 if this anime film series is a hit if it fails then pretty much all enw slam dunk conent is over

And with 3D CGI it will be complete failure, I am sure of that. Why is Inoue so pricipal? People want new series left off where old anime ended or completely new TV remake! Why doing this! I refuse to believe it.
Jul 26, 2022 6:05 PM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

And with 3D CGI it will be complete failure, I am sure of that. Why is Inoue so pricipal? People want new series left off where old anime ended or completely new TV remake! Why doing this! I refuse to believe it.

I'm guessing he realized Slam Dunk his main propterty was losing it's status and rankign based on lack of content so he made reprints with some drawings on the cover to help the series in sales but it diddn't help too well
Also Inoue dosen't allow digital on any of his works except for Real oddly which I believe is because the Magazine Real is published in now does digital releases so he wanting to return to it badly decided to give up on one of his properties begin physical only also he was mainly focusing on basketball since Vagabonds hiatus
I think a good thing that could come out of this is if to promote Slam Dunk film Inoue releases Slam Dunk digitally in manga colored and uncolored for the first time ever to promote sales.
Also I think Toei forced him into 3D so he will be using this ugly film to promote the manga so something comes out of this.
I think a reason we may though never see Vagabond again is that he hated his work digitalized and I think Vagabond is the one he mainly is referring to cause that's where most of his effort went into.
[/url]
Aug 22, 2022 12:50 PM
Jul 2020
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

Really. I understand Nana's author, she is ill and can't write the manga, partly Hunter's author too, but not such behavior.

Yeah, I respect if a author stops for personal health things and more but just saying basically I got bored with writing so bye after your fans have been follwing your work for almost 20 years of Vagabond you just quit on us with barley any explanation and he never speaks on it. Last tweet on it was in 2014 when it was about to end and saying a new chapter was coming out and that's all. And then he did Real and directed this film. Imagine instead of this film we could've gotten at least one Vagabond or new Real chapter.
It's like if Berserk's author Miura just quit Berserk without giving any official reason and starting some random manga for like 7 years and never speaking on it.
What makes me mad is Inoue never officially ended the series. He basically said I'm stopping here. And the fans had to find the Exhibition "Final Chapter" One-Shot and leave it there.
I understand Vagabond was a hard series to draw probably which shows how devoted he was. But it seems bold and kind of pity not to try and explain why you are just quitting on a series. It just feels like, "Hey, it's my series I can end it where I want to. I didn't make this for you, it's not for you. It's for myself. And you gotta deal with it."
And I think a reason we haven't gotten more Real chapters or a possible Vagabond continuation is because he has been spending most of his time directing this ugly Slam Dunk movie. I loathe this movie because it took away possible chances of better stuff.
It's like Berserk's Golden Age Arc. It's kind of infamous in the Berserk fanbase based on how it's the only thing adapted over and over and is pretty much what people who don't read manga know Berserk as cause of how much it's been readapted instead of any other arc.

bruh Inoue didn't stop writing Vagabond without an explanation he literally said he was burned out without motivation he was forcing himself to draw Vagabond and you can see by the last chapters they were much more rough and less detailed than earlier chapters he also said that he doesn't want to force himself more just to make something mediocre that is why he put manga on hiatus and will return only when he is 100% sure he can continue drawing and writing at his best and most motivated and now his life went on a much more different path right now he is highschool basketball coach and is important person in japanese basketball federation.
Aug 22, 2022 12:55 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty sure I already played this on my old PS3

Sep 1, 2022 4:48 AM

May 2018
I can watch ex-arms really well and I have no issue with this one.
Sep 22, 2022 8:54 AM

Feb 2021
Pretty bad that it will be a CG movie.
Sep 23, 2022 12:49 AM
Nov 2018
that cg animation is giving out red flags for a serviceable movie. Hope they can polish it more.
Nov 1, 2022 11:23 PM

Mar 2021
I will have to see it in person, but the CGI in the PV makes me very uneasy about the quality of the workmanship.

Nov 4, 2022 7:27 AM

Dec 2020
It looks horrible, really.
Nov 4, 2022 12:20 PM

Aug 2019
First off, I'm one of the people who voted good in answer to this poll, but I'm not going to lie that that CGI was losing me at the beginning of the new trailer. That didn't make the best impression especially given how wide the contrast is between the CGI characters and the background surrounding them, but then there are other scenes like when Haruko is sitting on the beach and when Miyagi is running that looks really nice overall. I felt half and half of that as well with the scene of them playing on the court towards the end, but if I could get used to the CGI in "Ajin" and "Dorohedoro" and "Beastars" then I see no reason why I wouldn't with "Slam Dunk." As long as the story is good, it's not going to detract away from my experience.
Nov 4, 2022 12:28 PM

Jan 2018
It looks extremely awful ngl. The character movements are slow and the face expression is off.
RE:ZERO !!!!!!!!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The First Slam Dunk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WeAllShineOn - Dec 3, 2022

71 by LightningApe »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

» Is this a sequel?

Andrevenus01 - May 3

7 by em_doubleyou »»
May 18, 8:55 PM

» Do you think more anime should be directed by the mangaka?

APolygons2 - May 8

6 by Otaku_4511 »»
May 10, 5:21 AM

» Blu-Ray when?

HusaynTV - Aug 14, 2023

9 by leftjoycon »»
Apr 2, 9:56 PM

» ใ€ŽTHE FIRST SLAM DUNKใ€Movie Blu-ray/DVD LIMITED EDITION + Standard Edition sold 234,764 copies in its first week

deg - Mar 5

5 by Otaku_4511 »»
Mar 14, 8:48 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.