Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 14, 2022 5:25 PM

Apr 2018
shikimori being extra cute in a yukata

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 14, 2022 5:29 PM
Apr 2022
Fine episode. Not impressed, but it's better than the previous one.
May 14, 2022 6:28 PM

Nov 2017
Izumi really stepped (hee) up this episode by taking the lead.

Another really cute episode! Was hoping they'd kiss (whilst fireworks in the air? Ahhhhh, how romantic!~)
May 14, 2022 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
Starchaser said:
Izumi really stepped (hee) up this episode by taking the lead.

Another really cute episode! Was hoping they'd kiss (whilst fireworks in the air? Ahhhhh, how romantic!~)
Me: laughs in manga

char sumn
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 14, 2022 6:35 PM

Sep 2020
Your typical festival episode. What's next? School festival? Hot springs?
May 14, 2022 6:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah yes fireworks time. It's about time Shikimori-san on yukata xd. Wow, lucky shopkeeper though, when Shikimori-san was not even taken every else gift she got except those wanko plushie. Must be why he was so grateful there xd. Not expecting Shikimori-san unable to catch goldfish though, and then Izumi really stepping up his bf status and carry her on his back. Even though its not really hold that long cause its return to be sucks for him again because he almost slipped to the death. At least he got his good momentum. And his father too. Yeah, wtf can carry four people on his back? Dang, magine....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 14, 2022 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
LXYXN said:
Bakugo shounen sure is fired up even in these MHA side stories.

Hey now that is clearly Gary mfing Oak
May 14, 2022 9:10 PM

Oct 2021
Damn, not even Shikimori could get out from the typical broken sandals for no reason curse.
May 14, 2022 9:18 PM
May 2021
Ionliosite2 said:

Coming up with something new is basically imposible tho,
Ok, it was my mistake that I said something " new" I mean to say that they don't have to use the same thing like.
>Mc and Fmc goes to festival to watch fireworks together.
>Fmc hurts her legs and sandals broke
>Mc carrys the Fmc on his back even if Mc is weak who can't do anything.

This kind of things are use to show cheap romance between them I'm not saying that it only apply to rom com author battle shounen author use same kind of things to entertain the audience and I'm not saying that this kind of things are bad but I can't say that they are good either.
or can you come up with something new if you were to write a rom com
I'm not author so it's not my responsibility to write and that doesn't mean that I can't point out this things.

Also, if you complain about "rom com fans" then why are you here watching a rom com?
It is true though rom com fans are like that just show them some cheap romantic scene and they are statisfied.

Because I like rom com too although I'm not a fan of this kind of things but I don't hate it either.
May 14, 2022 10:46 PM

May 2022
Everytime there is a festival episode it makes me want takoyaki. It was one of the better episodes but I couldn’t imagine dating someone for a year and having such shallow conversations still. I get it, it’s just a romcom anime but it would be nice 6 episodes in for them to at least say something more than I like you and you’re so cute. At least he carried her up those steps. Good thing pops was there on the way down otherwise the season might have ended. I’ll keep watching because at least there are some heartwarming moments.
May 14, 2022 11:15 PM

Jan 2020
Summer Festival episodes are goated. Funny how it's the same week as summertime rendering

The delay is going to cost me the Fantasy Anime League

May 15, 2022 12:16 AM
Jun 2021
gswelcome said:
LostSpectre said:
I'm not sure I follow, a 7 is a pretty bad MAL score if you take inflated ratings into account, it does not correlate with a "good" series in most cases.

Don't see it as anything more than a 6/10 show at most, want to know what people see in it. I will probably drop it after next episode though if nothing happens to get my interest. Was at least hoping for some explanation to why Shikimori has these physical skills to protect her boyfriend but if there is one I suppose that is something for a later season, could be a reveal to keep under wraps for now.

Or maybe there is no real reason, she can do it just "because". Would just add to the disappointment of this show if so.
you are just watching it to know why Shikimori has good physical strength then you are too dumb bro well although it was revealed in the recent chapters of manga that why she is has good strength compared to a normal high school girl but it doesn't make any sense for someone to watch an sol anime to find the answer behind every its not an action shonen or dark sienen that has very complex stories that connects with each other, i will give you a piece of advice drop the show as its going to be the same although some Changes may happen as the production quality is very low but watching something that you don't like and expecting it to come near your expectations while the first half is already finished is very dumb thought.
May 15, 2022 12:24 AM

Jul 2021
Oh boy best episode till now. This was soo good.

It's time for the obligatory summer festival and fireworks episode and it was amazing. As expected, Shikimori looked cute in the Yukata.

Yuu really is stronger than he looks, it may not look but it must have been freaking difficult to climb stairs while carrying someone on back with the added responsibilty of not falling or Shikimori would be hurt.

Yuu acted like the typical romcom MC this episode, it was a nice change.

I was hoping they would like hold hands or something while watching hanabi's but nevermind.

Thankfully, Yuu's dad came to the rescue or it would have been really bad.

It was absolutely hilarious when they showed that Yuu's parents were also there alll that time lmao, they must have reached there after Shikimori and Yuu.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 15, 2022 12:44 AM

Jan 2013
CHT13 said:
Everytime there is a festival episode it makes me want takoyaki. It was one of the better episodes but I couldn’t imagine dating someone for a year and having such shallow conversations still. I get it, it’s just a romcom anime but it would be nice 6 episodes in for them to at least say something more than I like you and you’re so cute. At least he carried her up those steps. Good thing pops was there on the way down otherwise the season might have ended. I’ll keep watching because at least there are some heartwarming moments.
They have been dating since they were 1st years, not for a whole year, but it's still unrealistic that they act like 5th graders, it's just that type of series.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 15, 2022 12:57 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
IZUMI'S PARENTS WERE BEHIND THEM THE WHOLE TIME?? Actually the greatest anime reveal ever

The guy probably barely has had a minute of total screen time so far, but Shikimori's freaking brother has more chemistry with Shikimori than Yuu does. Like calling someone a clutz to me is a sign of a closer relationship than "oh you're so great! I like you! Wow! you're amazing!!" Yeah I know I know, he's her brother, but I'm still holding out hope for them to drop the reveal that they're not actually related by blood. Give me that full on dumpster fire, baby

Anyway, here's the Shikimori facial expression of the week.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 15, 2022 2:10 AM

Oct 2016
Great and adorable episode, with the obligatory summer festival and sandals snapping slice of life staple!

Shikimori's reaction to her brother calling her clumsy though, and that shooting game guy was hilarious as well "ohmigosh" lmao.

Really loved the talk between Izumi and Shikimori at the secret viewing spot, and I am really looking forward as well to seeing more about their pasts, you know, how they were before they got together.

Izumi Papa MVP though, not only for that secret spot, but for saving our couple as well. Really sad for the delay, but understandable. Can't wait for the next episode, I might just go fuck around and start reading the manga.
May 15, 2022 4:59 AM
Apr 2022
cringe shikimori cringe
May 15, 2022 6:02 AM
Oct 2019
yay the Obligatory Festival Episode is here...

Hachimitsu just so relatable, i'm always want to try as many food as possible.

the fact that Izumi carrying Shikimori climbing all that stairs was Impressive.
their interaction in this episode was precious.

May 15, 2022 6:02 AM

Nov 2017
classic rom-com scene, yeah fireworks festival, it's nice we can see Izumi good side, since from the first episode we always got Shikimori side. see you in 2-weeks since the anime will be delayed.
May 15, 2022 6:25 AM

Jun 2021
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
cringe shikimori cringe

you're the cringe one
May 15, 2022 6:26 AM
Apr 2022
xressa said:
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
cringe shikimori cringe

you're the cringe one
only cringe people watch this cringe show
May 15, 2022 6:48 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Definitely loved this Summer Festival themed episode, there were so many great Shikimori and Izumi bits in this one. Shikimori’s reaction to the cotton candy was really cute, and her being a sharpshooter and winning that wolf for Izumi was great too, does she play Call of Duty in her spare time? Lol. And I love to see all the girls in their yukatas, that’s always a summer festival staple, and Inuzuka beating Shikimori at the goldfish catching game was pretty funny until the wingwomen that are Nekozaki and Hachimitsu helped her out.

And the fireworks part was definitely a great moment, thanks to Izumi’s dad for telling them about the spot they went to, Izumi was a real lad by carrying Shikimori all the way up there too lol, and it was also funny how they didn’t notice Izumi’s parents behind them the entire time. It was cool to learn some more about the backstory of Izumi and Shikimori’s relationship too.

And it’s sad to hear about the delays, I was hoping the COVID stuff from week 1 ended up not being detrimental to the show but turns out they were, but I’m willing to wait if it means the show stays consistent in quality. Also I know some folks don’t like the amount of Romcom cliches in this episode but I’ve come to love those cliches personally lol, and summer festival episodes in particular have always been favorites of mine.
May 15, 2022 8:16 AM

Mar 2018
The last 2 or 3 episodes certainly better than the disaster that was the first 2 episodes.
Still nothing to write home about.
Even with the most recent episode, I don't think I can even call this show as better than average.
May 15, 2022 10:16 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, good fireworks display, and the story of this episode is fine.

I give this episode 6/10.
May 15, 2022 10:22 AM

Aug 2021
Going to see the fireworks between the two of them already had a better preparation and they did have fun, Izumi could do more for her, in the end the parents saw both of them in that environment.
May 15, 2022 10:56 AM

Aug 2019
And the festival episode begins
May 15, 2022 10:59 AM
Jul 2020
It's time to score 6 wkwkwk

May 15, 2022 12:38 PM

Feb 2014
It's expected that we would see a Summer festival/fireworks in a romance show at some point, so it's no surprise that we would get one in this episode.

Not only was this festival a rather cute and relaxing one, but it's also nice to see Izumi going out of his way to help Shikimori when her feet got blisters from wearing her traditional sandals. Thanks to his father, Izumi carried Shikimori all the way to a small and rather secluded shrine where the view overlooking the city at night looks pretty, even more so when the fireworks festival was ongoing, too.

Izumi's father might look on the old side, but he's a lot stronger than he looks, as he saved Izumi when he slipped on the steps and then carried both him and Shikimori back home. Not only that, but Izumi's parents successfully followed Izumi and Shikimori to the shrine and had their own little picnic without being spotted. Presence concealment rank EX, maybe? XD

Overall, this episode was pretty good and although it's unfortunate that the series will be delayed a bit due to the covid outbreak at Dago Kobo last month, I hope that it doesn't effect the quality of the remaining six episodes to come.

AuStErPlAy_2301 said:

The only thing that's "cringe" here is your messages in criticising the series. There's nothing wrong with disliking a series that others like, but it would be better if you describe your criticisms better rather than calling other people "cringe" for watching this series.

As much as I don't like to use the "Just don't watch it" argument, it might be fitting for you in this case. =(
May 15, 2022 3:39 PM

Aug 2017
Shikimori wears that yukata really well. And lol Izumi's parents saw everything lmao

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 15, 2022 5:27 PM
Jun 2020
hahaha for the first time this part I've been waiting for, the father izumi he is really amazing, sensitive to or his experience telling his son about a secret place.
May 15, 2022 7:26 PM

Jan 2020
Well, Yuu wasn’t as annoying as he usually is, so at least there was a bit of improvement there.

On another note, has anyone noticed how the favourites for some characters have just disappeared? One of the characters for this series (Kamiya) had around 3k favourites, more than Shikimori, but all of a sudden they all disappeared.
AnimillionMay 15, 2022 7:30 PM
May 15, 2022 7:36 PM

May 2020
guess we have to wait another 2 weeks for a new ep

May 15, 2022 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
Animillion said:
Well, Yuu wasn’t as annoying as he usually is, so at least there was a bit of improvement there.

On another note, has anyone noticed how the favourites for some characters have just disappeared? One of the characters for this series (Kamiya) had around 3k favourites, more than Shikimori, but all of a sudden they all disappeared.
The only thing surprising about it is that MAL actually took care of those botted votes, but good for them.
May 15, 2022 7:52 PM

Jan 2020
LostSpectre said:
Animillion said:

The only thing surprising about it is that MAL actually took care of those botted votes, but good for them.

Why would votes for a relative unknown in Kamiya be bots tho?
May 15, 2022 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
Animillion said:
LostSpectre said:

Someone really likes Kamiya or dislikes Shikimori. I don't know, why do people do anything?
May 15, 2022 9:00 PM

Jan 2020
LostSpectre said:
Animillion said:

Someone really likes Kamiya or dislikes Shikimori. I don't know, why do people do anything?

But 3,000? That’s just nuts
May 15, 2022 9:36 PM
Feb 2021
This was the only ep so far for Izumi not to get hurt or fall off of something
May 15, 2022 10:01 PM

Dec 2020
that was sooo so cute. izumi is unexpectedly strong lol like i swear is it just in my country but i dont think its common that you can carry people your size? at least when you a normal guy in highschool. carrying while taking some long stairs too damn😭 THOUGH.. sorry to be that guy but couldn't she just walked bare foot😭 the pathway seemed fine, its not broken nor are there random big rocks/glass shards that'd hurt your feet. but maybe thats just . "weird"? not common? too rude/dirty?
May 16, 2022 1:02 AM
Apr 2022
Grats community!
We're now on the 2nd page, out of top 50!
Welcome to obscurity.
Happy now? :@

TT
May 16, 2022 1:05 AM
Apr 2022
lizzziziz said:
that was sooo so cute. izumi is unexpectedly strong lol like i swear is it just in my country but i dont think its common that you can carry people your size? at least when you a normal guy in highschool. carrying while taking some long stairs too damn😭 THOUGH.. sorry to be that guy but couldn't she just walked bare foot😭 the pathway seemed fine, its not broken nor are there random big rocks/glass shards that'd hurt your feet. but maybe thats just . "weird"? not common? too rude/dirty?

Nah, slippers broken or blisters or both, then MC carries FMC during a festival with fireworks is a common trope.
A very famous rom-com did this last season as well.
May 16, 2022 3:10 AM

Jun 2020
Of course a festival classic move If I do say so myself, When Shikimori gave that gaze to her brother she reminded me of Mikasa a bit

They do both look cute together and her outfit is too good, Even at festivals Shikimori can't take a break

Izumi's dad carried this one and literally when Izumi's about to fall, But damn I'd be lying If I didn't find that amusing because of all the blushing Shikimori has in this episode she's cute and cool at the same time.
May 16, 2022 4:43 AM

Mar 2008
Lol I liked getting a better idea what Izumi's dad is like in this.

The stairs had me legit concerned. A fall from that backwards while going up would have been fatal for them both
May 16, 2022 5:32 AM

Jun 2021
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
xressa said:

you're the cringe one

what a hypocrite....
May 16, 2022 5:39 AM
Apr 2022
xressa said:
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:

what a hypocrite....
shikimori is cringe
May 16, 2022 5:41 AM
Apr 2022
xressa said:
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:

what a hypocrite....
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
xressa said:

what a hypocrite....
shikimori is cringe
xressa said:
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:

what a hypocrite....
she is the cringe star character ever i saw in a anime
May 16, 2022 8:37 AM

Jan 2020
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
xressa said:

what a hypocrite....
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
shikimori is cringe
xressa said:

what a hypocrite....

The anime that makes me most cringe is frickin Dragon Maid. Most unbearable crap to watch imo
May 16, 2022 8:42 AM
Apr 2022
Animillion said:
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:

The anime that makes me most cringe is frickin Dragon Maid. Most unbearable crap to watch imo
you talking about kobayashi's dragon maid
May 16, 2022 9:18 AM

Apr 2022
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
Animillion said:

you talking about kobayashi's dragon maid

No, lol. He is talking about the fairy tail dragon maid...
May 16, 2022 11:27 AM

Jul 2016
Week #6 of people complaining about a Rom-Com doing usual Rom-com things smh.

Anyways, standard summer festival episode but still cute nonetheless. Izumi acted particularly cool this time and his dad was definitely the MVP of the episode. Such a shame Izumi and Shikimori didn't kiss tho.
May 16, 2022 11:31 AM

Jul 2016
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
xressa said:

you're the cringe one

Says the kid who enters an anime discussion of an anime he doesn't even watch just to write stupid comments. Grow up.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

107 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

351 by HollowP03 »»
Apr 16, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

223 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 31, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

116 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

98 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.