Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2021 10:41 PM

Apr 2018
Rohilt_ said:
Wasting money on bad movies so the Hollyweirdos can become billionaires is a Chad move? Thank god I grew beyond that lol, movies are a waste of time when there are so many better ways to spend time with people.

Well, if I were to refrain from spending money on things purely out of concern for rich weirdos getting richer, i... wouldn't be able to buy much of anything at all, would i? I know, it sucks, but that's just how it is.

Also, you're kinda missing my main point here, which is that (in general) being a cheapskate, a broke bum, a friendless shut-in, or all of the above is kind of the exact opposite of what anybody would consider a "Chad". As a topic, "going out to the movies" could be easily interchangeable with almost any other social activity and my point would still apply.
Stygian_PrisonerOct 10, 2021 10:44 PM
Oct 11, 2021 10:20 PM
Jun 2013
What a dumb logic, so everyone is just wasting money going on theathers when they can just wait like a year or less to watch any movie on TV for free? or rent the movie or download legally or illegally. I just can't understand people like you, this is literally the same situation, the movie was released a year ago, became the biggest office in Japan history and now is being released on TV like any movie ever created before, so what's the complain? You're even getting extra content, talk about acting like a spoiled kid lol

Rohilt_ said:
Stygian_Prisoner said:

Hmm, I dunno about that, champ. Committing to such a decision would imply that you're either too cheapskate broke to afford at least two movie tickets for an outing with a friend/significant other, or that your social skills are too poor to even have those in the first place... or both.

Doesn't exactly sound like a "Chad" mindset if you ask me.

Wasting money on bad movies so the Hollyweirdos can become billionaires is a Chad move? Thank god I grew beyond that lol, movies are a waste of time when there are so many better ways to spend time with people.

By the guy whining in a thread on Myanimelist, yeah, you sure know better ways to spend time.
Oct 11, 2021 11:24 PM
Jan 2018
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
What a dumb logic, so everyone is just wasting money going on theathers when they can just wait like a year or less to watch any movie on TV for free? or rent the movie or download legally or illegally. I just can't understand people like you, this is literally the same situation, the movie was released a year ago, became the biggest office in Japan history and now is being released on TV like any movie ever created before, so what's the complain? You're even getting extra content, talk about acting like a spoiled kid lol

Rohilt_ said:

By the guy whining in a thread on Myanimelist, yeah, you sure know better ways to spend time.

Yup, better than the guy who's whining on Myanimelist about another guy whining on Myanimelist.
Oct 12, 2021 4:29 AM

May 2009
POINTLESS? SECOND BIGGEST INTERNATIONAL BOX OFFICE SUCCESS OF PREVIOUS YEAR? (1st is some chinese shit)
Do people on mal are getting stupid or something?
Dec 15, 2021 3:16 PM

Aug 2014
weebisme1 said:
DimmuOli said:
This is just a terrible mindset for life you know.

You paid for a work of many talented people, you paid for exclusive content, you paid for a restricted content only a couple of people could not have a chance to see (actually many of them, because of the movie sucess), you paid for a unique experience in a movie, the fun you have there was worth your money.

Even if you consider you paid for something that other people got years later, welcome to capitalism? This is like one of the most common piece of business out there.

My man, not everything is about the end, but the journey. Melt this snowflake, you aren't.
I knew I was going to find someone like this for someone asking a genuinely true question Loll. Yea It was Useless, Also No need to hear all the random Pressed people, Users are going to get pressed no matter what you ask

I knew I was going to find someone like this for someone providing a reasonable argument, you sound really Pressed.
No need to get pressed over a few bucks you spent on watching a movie. Were you going to buy a burger for those few bucks spent on a ticket and then you couldn't afford it or what?
Why are you acting so Pressed about it? Since when are people so Pressed over a few bucks?

Only random Pressed people act like that, no need to hear that. Users are going to get pressed no matter what you say.
Dec 15, 2021 3:32 PM
Sep 2021
sockerdricka said:
weebisme1 said:
I knew I was going to find someone like this for someone asking a genuinely true question Loll. Yea It was Useless, Also No need to hear all the random Pressed people, Users are going to get pressed no matter what you ask

I knew I was going to find someone like this for someone providing a reasonable argument, you sound really Pressed.
No need to get pressed over a few bucks you spent on watching a movie. Were you going to buy a burger for those few bucks spent on a ticket and then you couldn't afford it or what?
Why are you acting so Pressed about it? Since when are people so Pressed over a few bucks?

Only random Pressed people act like that, no need to hear that. Users are going to get pressed no matter what you say.

You took alot of inspiration from my message, im flattered. Its not like we're sad about the money, we're sad because of how useless the movie was. Other than taking like half of my message and rewording it 🤣 realize what we're trying to say. If we didn't like a movie, we didn't have to. That's like me saying to you that you can't Say a anime was bad because people put all their hearts in the movie/anime and there was a whole production team and this and that.

Like that makes no sense, we can not like something if we don't want to. Also the person I replied to is literally so pressed, they brought up a whole production team for someone saying they thought the movie was useless, and you responding to this whole message doesn't classify as you being "pressed"? I wonder which world your living in. If you liked the movie good for you, But try Taking the hint first before making a whole reply, and if you couldn't, ill repeat it, We're saying the movie was useless, I couldn't care less about the money spent other than that I wasted it. Stop butting into things when you don't even know what your saying.

And also If I was pressed for spending even a Penny on something, you don't have the right to tell me if i should be pressed or not.
weebisme1Dec 15, 2021 5:54 PM
Jan 27, 2022 8:08 PM

Aug 2014
Leohere said:
DimmuOli said:

There's no such thing as ripoff in this situation, that's the point.

It kinda is tho? We basically lost 7 episodes worth of content and he even had to pay extra for a movie ticket which can now be watched with just a subscription

What is this weird mindset?
He paid money to see a movie, he saw a movie. Why does it matter if it's available somewhere else later? Most movies are.
If he thought he paid to exclusive rights to the movie so no one else could see it unless going to the cinema he was wrong, but if it was the exclusivity he sought it's also a sad mindset. And alot of crying about the price of a single movie ticket.
ibm30rpg said:
Stygian_Prisoner said:
Y'know, going by the logic of the whiners here, pretty much any movie that has ever come out in theaters has been technically "pointless", since most of them would later be aired on Cable TV channels (or even local broadcast channels, in some cases); difference nowadays is that they usually bring them over to streaming platforms shortly after.

That's the whole point of theatrical releases: you pay for the limited-time experience of watching something on a huge theater screen, and with awesome sound quality, and maybe even bringing some friends along for a good time, if you're not too much of a fucking loser. That's all there is to it.

At least in this particular case, Ufo's animators are actually taking the trouble of making and adding new content for it (including a new OP & ED) when they could have just lazily broken it all up into Eps. without adding a single thing. At least they're trying to give us an incentive to rewatch it.

Seriously, some of y'all need to learn to maybe shut the fuck up every once in a while, and not be such entitled, ungrateful, bratty nerds for a change.

mmkay. Welp, I learned my lesson. I'm not paying for any anime movie in theaters ever again. Seems like the strategically Chaddest move.

Could you explain to me again what you're so mad about? Others got to watch what you watched (not for free but through a streaming service).
What the f* does that take away from your movie experience? Did you go to the movies just to watch the thing or did you go there hoping it was the last airing in the history of the world and that no one would ever get to watch it?
You lose nothing from others gaining access to it on another platform and yet you whine about it.
I honestly don't get it.
Jan 28, 2022 1:10 AM

Jan 2021
bastek66 said:
POINTLESS? SECOND BIGGEST INTERNATIONAL BOX OFFICE SUCCESS OF PREVIOUS YEAR? (1st is some chinese shit)
Do people on mal are getting stupid or something?

Umm, the chinese film was eventually beaten by Mugen train.

That chinese film (The Eight hundred) made 472 million dollars, while Kimetsu no Yaiba Mugen train took home the crown for the highest grossing film of 2020 with 503 million dollars.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 28, 2022 1:12 AM

Jan 2021
Either the TV or Movie format was utter pointless. But they need money so ya.
Apr 11, 2023 5:00 PM
Dec 2021
The movie is definitely important for a continuation if you watched Season 1 already, if you skip it, I don't know what's in your head
Jan 7, 11:31 PM

Aug 2019
It wasn't pointless since the events in the movie are canon. Also you're not obligated to watch both the movie and season two's adaptation of the same storyline anyway, so complaining about corporate greed is entirely ridiculous. I'm willing to bet that most of the people who complained about wasting money didn't even pay to see the movie in the first place...
Jun 1, 7:09 AM
Jan 2015
Every movie goes to TV if you wait long enough. But it costs 20-25 millions of dollars and that animation will not pay itself. What an absurd question. And Zack Snyder sucks, by the way.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Oct 19, 2020

396 by Lostz0 »»
May 31, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM

» for people who have watched the movie vers of mugen only!!

b3llamy - Jan 4, 2022

15 by crystal_yuy »»
Jan 22, 2023 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.