Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2021 1:10 PM
Dec 2007
jaredross said:
She kissed him! What an ending to a great show. Does anyone know if there will be a season two??
It hasn't been announced to my knowledge, but this went right into my favorites. The character development in just 12 episodes is intense. I want more but not too much more. If they drag it out too long I think the show will be ruined.
It hasn't been announced but they have enough material for a season 2. The festival arc was where the manga started to change and began to introduce story arcs. Each arc was better than the next so if it gets a season 2 then well all be in for a real treat.
Jun 26, 2021 1:18 PM

Sep 2011
Good ending. Good show.

7/10
Jun 26, 2021 1:18 PM
Mar 2020
Based show...just loved the theme and it really gave a feelings like I was in my highschool life....
So good.
Can't describe it in words.
But It really disappointing that It's only 12 ep 😪
Jun 26, 2021 1:37 PM
Oct 2018
At the final card I was waiting for “See you again!” but we didn’t get it. Still I feel there’s an excellent chance for S2. Takagi and Uzaki got them so Nagatoro should too!! There’s still lots of room for development in their relationship.

Really enjoyed this show and give it a solid 8/10.
Jun 26, 2021 1:43 PM
Mar 2019
we need more animes like this. that enjoy all an prodiuce a lot of laughs
Jun 26, 2021 1:43 PM

Dec 2015
Mizuki, Nana is the only thing I liked about this TRASH anime.
Jun 26, 2021 1:58 PM
Jun 2020
i like this show very much but was the Hitler Salute necessary?
Jun 26, 2021 2:04 PM

Jul 2009
I did not expect that but animators were able to capture what was great in manga
Jun 26, 2021 2:21 PM
Jan 2021
This has been my favorite anime of the season. I really hope that there is a season 2. The first episode was rough to watch but after that it was really wholesome. I really glad I kept watching even though it was getting so much hate. The people that hate this anime probably gave up on it to early.
Jun 26, 2021 2:22 PM

Nov 2018
SEASON 2 WHEN?????

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jun 26, 2021 2:35 PM

May 2016
For starting it as a time passing show cause the setting was different, but I actually ended up enjoying it a lot and watch it right after it was aired.
Jun 26, 2021 2:41 PM

Jan 2021
In my opinion the president won but whatever
Jun 26, 2021 2:44 PM

Apr 2018
Nah man why is Nagatoro so hot tho?

10/10 series overall. There is just something that I absolutely love about this.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Jun 26, 2021 2:45 PM

Sep 2019
very nice bunny outfit 😳 she reminded me of scathach
Jun 26, 2021 2:49 PM

Aug 2020
Nice conclusion of the season! So President had a difficult time handling the art repercussion, but Nagatoro, Naoto and their friends supported her. I'm happy things turned just right after all. Thinking better, Naoto would be in bad sheets if President wasn't penalized. The reception towards her was more positive, but it doesn't mean people weren't enjoying the Nagatoro paitings. Both expositions were just fine, and if it weren't for the Art Club's risk of end, I'd like if there was a tie.

This show surprised me the most in the season. The kiss on cheek moment was one of the scenes I was waiting for the most. Let's see if a second season will come, I'm hopeful for it.

Jun 26, 2021 2:55 PM
Sep 2020
The final episode was amazing!! Love the relationship between Senpai and Nagatoro !!Story has been adorable and wholesome from start to end and you love to see it!!
Amazing anime adaptation 8/10
Hopefully there will be a season 2
Jun 26, 2021 3:01 PM
Jan 2021
The last episode of a great romance Anime. It hadnt much romance at the beginning but at the end we have seen that what we wanted to see. I have laughed much while watching it but I feel a bit down cuz the anime ended.
Jun 26, 2021 3:14 PM

Mar 2015
Excellent ending.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jun 26, 2021 3:15 PM
Dec 2019
Fun Final episode, flips the script a little bit to make it seem like Senpai enjoys the teasing sometimes especially when he gets a little annoyed that Nagatoro is now toying with other boys.
Jun 26, 2021 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
YES BOY!!!! They took out the kiss earlier on in the season and I was sort of pissed off but honestly this was now the right thing to do!!! GOD DAMN! If they are not going to make a season 2 (which at this point why wouldn't they) I feel like the ending was perfect!

Perfectly adapted episode 12 and a lot of cute moments as well.

I'm biased af 10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 26, 2021 4:17 PM

Jan 2015
good job director-san, the order of the kiss scene has been changed to make a perfect ending for the anime, all changes were good, and OST has improved a lot of scenes
Arikado-Jun 26, 2021 4:46 PM
Jun 26, 2021 4:34 PM

Aug 2019
damn this was even better than I expected, I really hope a season 2 gets announced soon

I also hope no one skipped the last scene after the ED
snowykevinJun 26, 2021 4:40 PM
Jun 26, 2021 4:44 PM

Dec 2020
It didn't feel like an ending, honestly.

My friend and I watched this week by week and no kidding, when she kissed him on the cheek we both screamed "finally" and clapped, haha! This show was so sweet, wholesome and fun to watch - shame on those criticising it without even giving it a chance!

I really hope for an S2, but even so, the OP won't be the same, waaah.
Jun 26, 2021 4:55 PM

Nov 2017
A good ending to what was a surprisingly good adaption.
Hopefully a season 2 will turn up,since the story arcs from here get a lot better.
Jun 26, 2021 5:05 PM

Mar 2021
This was a fun episode and a great conclusion for the first season. Everyone had their moments.

The aftercredits scene… that was just incredibly cute. I heard they skipped the kiss earlier, but they kept it for the last scene of the season. And it was a great idea. It had me in tears..

I honestly can’t believe how much I’ve enjoyed this show!

I can’t wait for the next season.

OdabraniJun 26, 2021 5:09 PM

Jun 26, 2021 5:58 PM

Apr 2020
Well..what could I say? We must not be sad for what we have lost but happy for what we have had. Whether a second season is produced or not, what we had was something that got us involved and excited, made us laugh, and warmed our hearts to tears and no one will ever be able to take those feelings away from our memories. They are part of us, now. In the end, it was a nice journey that, at least for the moment, ends here. Indeed no, it does not end here at all. Take care of yourself!
Jun 26, 2021 6:41 PM
Apr 2021
nice way to end the season tbh, solid show, can’t wait for season 2!
Jun 26, 2021 6:44 PM

Jul 2013
What a fantastic final episode. People who watch this show till the end and saying it's bad are blinded by their bias
Jun 26, 2021 6:49 PM

Dec 2018
I enjoy watching this anime, Nagatoro and Senpai relationship is so kawaii.
It's not a masterpiece, at least almost all episodes is enjoyable to watched.

Well, I have never heard Senpai real name in this anime, Nagatoro never ask him?
I'm a woman and I think the president art is more attractive. The character that complain about it in this anime is just jealous of her since she drawing an art of herself nude.

Jun 26, 2021 6:56 PM
Jul 2011
Was expecting to not like this after the first few episodes but it ended up being my favourite anime this season!

Thanks to all the posters that kept saying "don't drop it" at the start, you the real mvps
Jun 26, 2021 7:03 PM

Jun 2017
And here's the original ending, which was planned to take place half way through ep 1, but the production committee said there had to be 11 more episodes:

Jun 26, 2021 7:05 PM
Nov 2020
I think it's safe to say that both MC and Nagatoro like each other (but they're both too shy/proud to admit it). Also, the art president is insanely hot. Obviously her artwork is going to attract "sketchy" stares. I like that she has a playful side too, e.g. pretending to take off the bunny outfit in front of MC. (Honestly, with her looks and personality, she'd make a perfect dominatrix.)

Hey ...we need one for her second art piece as well! :)
Jun 26, 2021 7:10 PM

Aug 2018
That was a wholesome ending. Now I want more. Dang it.

If Takagi-san and Uzaki-chan can get a second season, then Nagatoro deserves a second season as well! So uh, Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Season 2 when?
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jun 26, 2021 7:22 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Amazing final episode, loved seeing the President in the bunnysuit near the end, always love a good school festival episode, this show did it really well. And of course that after credits scene, that kiss was super cute, great way to end this amazing show.

In a season with so many good shows, I think this is my personal anime of the season. Controversy over the early episodes did not bother me at all, I enjoyed this show from the very beginning and loved it every week. The characters were always hilarious, love how the relationship of Nagatoro and Senpai/Naoto developed throughout the show, it was always a fun watch. And you can’t forget that super good OP and ED, both fit the show very well. Now I am really hoping for a season 2 like I’m sure most of us are!
Jun 26, 2021 8:17 PM
Apr 2013
As the principal of the school, I would close the Art club for sure if the only outcomes of that club were nudes and cat girls. xD Anime was ok, but I still prefer Takagi and Uzaki. Nagatoro was funny at times but the same jokes became boring after a while. Would've been better with a bit more variety.
advocatusJun 26, 2021 8:25 PM
Jun 26, 2021 8:46 PM

Dec 2007
I really enjoyed this show throughout and this was a great closing episode. Excellent last scene and ending.
Jun 26, 2021 9:06 PM
Aug 2020
Well, some final thoughts about this show:
I couldn't avoid feeling sad because it ended, that nostalgic sensation because I won't have my weekly nagatoro dosis anymore.
I also think that overall this show is pretty well pased for a weekly view, tbh, I can't see myself watching this in a marathon, it'll be sort of annoying due to the way that the plot is made (except for the 2-3 last episodes, the rest of them open and close a mini-arc within each episode without any hot cliffhanger)
Finally, the kiss at the end was cute as fuck, I had my doubts if reading the manga was worth, but now, I'll give it a shot.

It was a pleasure to be in this journey with everyone.
Ijinaraide Nagatoro, solid 6/10
GuzkielJun 26, 2021 9:14 PM
Jun 26, 2021 9:10 PM

Dec 2009
Plenty of room for a sequel, this anime ended around chapter 46 out of the current 85 so its only a matter of time. this is acutally where the plot starts in teh manga
Jun 26, 2021 9:58 PM
Dec 2017
I went into this show with not so high expectations. Not because of the whole backlash thing or anything other negative reason. After episode 1 I just wasn't sure how the anime would go. The introduction was pretty harsh with nagatoro heavily teasing and belittling senpai. Eventually the teasing turned super light hearted and lovingly. Their relationship ended up blossoming to something really nice. The show overall was simple, cute, funny, and well executed. 7/10 would recommend

I'd love to know from manga readers if the story is progressing future with these two eventually dating or not and how the story has gotten if possible!
Jun 26, 2021 10:05 PM
Mar 2015
The ending of the kiss for the nice drawing was nice Even though the 2 of them are two embarrassed to talk about love they can at least smile at each other
Jun 26, 2021 10:18 PM

Apr 2011
Very cute ending, overall enjoyed it but the way they wrapped things up changed my mind from a 7 to an 8.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2021 10:31 PM

Jul 2016
President's sense of art is way too spicy for some people, it seems. So in the end, she had to forcibly withdraw which led to Senpai "winning" the contest by default, huh? Not a victory technically speaking but whatever.

Okay finale overall. Senpai even got a kiss on the cheek as reward but of course that means pretty much nothing in the world of rom-coms. Especially with a guy who had already seen his potential crush naked yet neither of them mentioned anything about the incident ever again.

As for the anime and leaving aside how it romanticizes bullying and stuff, I still found it quite weak and boring as rom-com alone. Jokes were unfunny (even cringey in some cases); fanservice was mostly meh and due to how repetitive the formula became, I ended up getting tired of these characters rather quickly. Though curiously enough, I gotta say Nagatoro got more and more unbearable as the episodes went by while with Senpai's character, it was the exact opposite. Not gonna lie, I actually ended up empathizing a bit with the guy by the end of the series.

3/10 - Regarding good aspects, production values were quite impressive and OP song was catchier than I would like to admit. Everything else was quite forgettable.
Jun 26, 2021 11:03 PM
Dec 2007
giftedxhands said:

I'd love to know from manga readers if the story is progressing future with these two eventually dating or not and how the story has gotten if possible!
The format of the story changes. It goes from being mostly episodic stuff to story arcs, this school festival arc was the first such example and their relationship develops with each one.
GGcc78Jun 26, 2021 11:06 PM
Jun 26, 2021 11:28 PM

Feb 2021
Unpopular opinion but I found it to be more of a middle-of-the-road quality story. While I will say I dislike bullying in general and had it been reversed (girl being bullied by a bunch of dudes) it would've been frowned upon but for some reason the other way around is fine. In any case, regardless of that, as another user mentioned, the jokes became stale after a while. It was more of the same every episode. Senpai gets teased or mocked, barely ever develops any sort of backbone, Nagatoro gets teased by her friends and randoms about liking Naoto and gets embarassed. Then annoyed when someone else is talking to him. A few pretty wholesome moments between the two main characters that were fairly good, I can't deny that. President of the art club was fun to look at though! ^^

Comedy-wise, it felt a bit weak. Nagatoro's friends were one-dimensional as heck up until the last moments of the final episode at least. Which is fine I guess since the story had only 12 episodes to laser-in on the main two characters. Naoto was the average nerd with a fear of women for the majority of the show and Nagatoro's growing interest in him was very subtly executed which was proper for what the show wanted to do. I think having possibly half of the season focused on the soft-bullying and the second half focusing more on the growth of their relationship might've swayed my score differently, but for now, I personally see it as a 5/10.
Jun 26, 2021 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
I would have given this higher than a 7 if the romance didn't progress so fast, you can't have a 1 cour romcom, at least with characters as hollow as the main 2. Not even Nagatoro's friends were fleshed out. We don't know anything about anyone besides the MC being an aspiring artist. It's just a bunch of goofing around with the MC blushing. But fun enough for a 7.
Jun 27, 2021 12:17 AM
Jun 2021
نريد_موسم_ثاني_من_لاتعبث_مع_انسه_ناغاتورو#
#Queremos_una_segunda_temporada_de_Don't_Mess With_Miss_Nagatoro
#We_want_a_second_season_of_Don't_Mess_With Miss_Nagatoro
#イジらないで、長郎さんのセカンドシーズンが欲しい
Jun 27, 2021 12:23 AM
Jun 2021
Jun 27, 2021 12:24 AM
Jun 2021
Jun 27, 2021 12:25 AM
Jun 2020
Senpai came out with the W.
Jun 27, 2021 1:04 AM
May 2019
You know, going into the anime adaptation as a manga reader, I didn't have high expectations having seen everything it has covered, but man how the adaptation made me appreciate this title more.

Yoshi is your average side character, but manga readers will clearly distinguish how she's A LOT more vocal in this adaptation. She usually just repeats what other ppl says and I think that's her role in the comedy gag, but man she's just her own person in this adaptation and it rly made me appreciate her more.

Another thing was how at first I was a bit sketchy on why the kiss didn't happen on the ep where he drew her laying in the couch asleep (yes, it should've happened way earlier on) but now seeing as how it ended up coming together as a 12-ep anime, moving the kiss here would've been a way better send-off to the series, at least for now ;)

S2 PLEASE!! There's a lot more character building that's gonna happen later on!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

501 by Aris97 »»
May 6, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

143 by curvedtree »»
May 3, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 22, 2021

142 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 1, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

134 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 29, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.