Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 22, 2020 4:10 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The Swindler is starting to become a valuable member of the team and the first part of the heist is completed.
Oct 22, 2020 4:54 PM
Apr 2020
This is the most interesting anime of the season, unpredictable story complimented with very attractive stylized art. My eyes are on two hottie, Courier and Master.
Oct 22, 2020 5:29 PM

Jun 2019
The lack of security inside and outside of the station was pretty strange, but maybe that will be explained later. The characters do bounce off of each other well and I am liking how they have been building this world. Next episode looks like a banger too, can’t wait.
Oct 22, 2020 5:48 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

That lady was totally straight out of Psycho Pass, especially since she had the same seiyuu. xD

Nice contrast between the both elevator buttons. One was solved with finesse and the other with brute force.

Swindler coming in with the clutch, looking forward to see what's next.
Oct 22, 2020 6:40 PM

Jan 2013
That was a pretty intense episode! The Swindler is basically their missing piece in the team xD She's doing the most dangerous parts lmao, what a badass.

Judging by the preview, the next episode is where the real action begins.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 22, 2020 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
actually really like how this episode wasn't as crazy over the top and served some more world building can't believe how i want to know more about this train and a box it carries
Oct 22, 2020 8:34 PM

Aug 2015
This show is soooo much fun. I'm not too bothered by the bland typical "fish out of water" mc because there's so much happening. Love the visuals. This episode had really creative scene transitions.
Oct 22, 2020 11:32 PM

Oct 2016
Another banger, this show been putting out consistently fantastic episodes. I hope they keep it up until the end.

Imma say it again but, I really like Ordinary Person. A really great mc and she ain't useless as seen this episode. She can pull her weight... heh.

Though that ad by the shark and rabbit about the executioners making me very sus that there is a spy in the team since it mentioned executioners do undercover work so, fuck.
Oct 22, 2020 11:41 PM
Apr 2016
sKyBlazer08 said:
Another banger, this show been putting out consistently fantastic episodes. I hope they keep it up until the end.

Imma say it again but, I really like Ordinary Person. A really great mc and she ain't useless as seen this episode. She can pull her weight... heh.

Though that ad by the shark and rabbit about the executioners making me very sus that there is a spy in the team since it mentioned executioners do undercover work so, fuck.

Definitely. Considering Kodaka wrote this, there has to be a reason that something like that is specifically mentioned.
Oct 23, 2020 2:40 AM

Mar 2020
This episode was just great. I liked, that there were no fights and it was aimed only on the robbery, so the whole episode acted differently from the previous episodes.

“In my next life, I want to be me, and meet you again"

Oct 23, 2020 3:28 AM

Sep 2019
Swindler put her life on the line for Courier, I want their ship now.
Oct 23, 2020 3:57 AM

Jul 2016
katsu044 said:
actually really like how this episode wasn't as crazy over the top and served some more world building can't believe how i want to know more about this train and a box it carries

Still pretty full throttle.
Oct 23, 2020 4:28 AM
Jul 2020
So amazing i really like you this anime, i love sci-fi genre😍
Oct 23, 2020 5:50 AM

Dec 2016
That's some luck they have...

That timing tho, would have been more interesting if one of them were a little late.

What if the swindler couldn't push that gear at all...
Oct 23, 2020 6:29 AM

Sep 2020
whither said:
This show is soooo much fun. I'm not too bothered by the bland typical "fish out of water" mc because there's so much happening. Love the visuals. This episode had really creative scene transitions.

I completely agree. The scenes transitions overall in this show are on a whole different level. Things evolved from images cut and/or blurred out to this, and I hope other shows follow this innovative example because I'm lovin' it!

And as far as this episode goes, we got some interesting developments, especially between characters and it seems like the show will continue to do that. I'm hoping for backstories and motives (like the one Courier gave to Swindler).
Oct 23, 2020 7:55 AM

Jun 2016
holy fuck !!!
this episode so intense and badas !!

awesome and superr cooll
Oct 23, 2020 8:18 AM

Jul 2017
HOLY SHIT 3 EPISODE LATE AND I JUST REALIZED IT HAS THE SAME CREATOR AS DANGANRONPA THE MAN KODAKA HIMSELF.
No wonder it gave me so much danganronpa vibe since the begining, especially with those character designs (the multi-colored hairstyle, that big guy eyelash that remind me of Akane) and how each character is introduced. and YESS the doctor VA is Megumi Ogata HELL YEAHH.
Oct 23, 2020 8:43 AM

Nov 2013
Caught up to this series. It was solid enough to keep me watching. My biggest complain is easily Brawler and Hodlum which I found to be annoying. I never liked these loud and brag type of characters.

Having said that, the fact the cat keeps the appearances of both Swindler and Hoodlum within these Akudama teams is quite fishy, as they are not classified big criminals. Considering this anime is from the same guy who wrote Danganronpa, it may leads to major twist towards the ending. Something similar to Hajime and/or Komaeda perhaps? Nah but both Swindler and Hoodlum aren't close enough. Guess I'll just enjoy how the plot unfolds itself.
DannyTheDonkeyOct 23, 2020 8:46 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 23, 2020 9:36 AM

May 2019
I just noticed that the episode titles are all famous action movies: Se7en, Resevoir Dogs, Mission: Impossible, Speed.

This show is a blast to watch though, definitely one of the best of the season so far. Here's hoping that they can keep it up.
Oct 23, 2020 10:02 AM

Jun 2015
Another great episode. This week I took in the art work of the ED though while listening to the music. Thats some seriously sweet character drawings. Reminded my the artist HR Giger and his mad drawings.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 23, 2020 11:31 AM

Dec 2019
wow, i didn't except to like this anime that much, since i am not really into action and sci-fi anime. i love the animation style and the bgm!!
Oct 23, 2020 5:22 PM

Apr 2009
FMmatron said:

Long time no see..
I had to stop and check if the VA was the same and YEP.

Oct 23, 2020 7:35 PM

Sep 2011
Everyone is getting suspect on swindler, but the one im honestly expecting to be a plant is gambler above anyone else, he came into the plan so last minute he reads as the most suspect for me.

Outside of speculating, at the end of the day this show is just a blast

whither said:
Even with that trope, Swindler is alot funnier and more importantly, actually bounces off of the other characters without ever getting in the way of them like these types of shows normally do with that type of character. Her reactions are genuinely funny and shes already starting to show her bullshit luck has her hold he own.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 23, 2020 8:34 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. The mission impossible started. The infiltration plan to Shikansen more easy than i expected.

But, its still fine knewing the fact that Swindler and Hoodlum had more useful than before xD. Despite the fact of that, her last sentence before the mission kinda sad. She strayed away. But who care with that, you damn, little girl? You just decided your fate inside their activity, so you didn't need any regret of that and help your damn team! So thats it, her decision was nice, and the role of her satisfied me a lot, especially as her status as Swindler xD. That elevator scene, tho. Lol, Hoodlum, the fortune god always protect you from a miserable failure. Same to the girl too. Then, as expected, they succeeded the infiltration mission to Shinkansen, and ready to steal the precious cargo item from that big train!

Lets see the next for another quite nice action packed!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 23, 2020 9:29 PM
Sep 2016
Between Majo no Tabitabi, Adachi to Shimamura, Assault Lily, and Maoujo de Oyasumi, this is by no mean an AOTS potential, not even near. It was never a really good anime in the first place.....
BUT IT'S SO F*ING GOD DAMN ENTERTAINING, NON THE LESS!!!!! Loved this show.... I really do.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 23, 2020 10:03 PM
Pancake

Feb 2014
True Heist Movie feel, hitting hard in this.
Oct 23, 2020 10:10 PM

Apr 2018
Man Courier almost died cause of that plan. The plan almost went smoothly but Brawler activated it too earlier and almost messed up the whole plan.
Oct 24, 2020 12:02 AM

Sep 2018
This is better than I expected and I expected it to be great. It's impressive that they managed to establish so many characters so quickly. I also can't wait to see what the deal is with Kanto. This looks like one of those anime that you can just sit back and experience.
Oct 24, 2020 12:19 AM

Oct 2008
nice badass stylish! especially Courier's cool bike! and the timing of bonjin!
5/5.

Oct 24, 2020 5:08 AM

Aug 2018
Rickydory123 said:
That's some luck they have...

That timing tho, would have been more interesting if one of them were a little late.

What if the swindler couldn't push that gear at all...
they all would have been killed and the rest of the season would have been highlights.
Oct 24, 2020 6:31 AM

Sep 2018
Time sure does pass by while watching this anime. Top tier escapism material, absolutely loving it so far.
Oct 24, 2020 8:50 AM

Mar 2013
I actually consider it to be best new fall anime over Jujutsu Kaisen (which is great too btw). It's way underrated !
I hope there will be some interesting character development and backstories.
"I hate humans. I find the thought that I'm from the same species to be depressing"– Koko Hekmatyar
Oct 24, 2020 9:16 AM

Mar 2020
Surprised that Ordinary Person is so focused on following the plan.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Oct 24, 2020 10:01 AM

Jun 2019
Holy shit, that was a close call. Good episode.
Oct 24, 2020 7:15 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome episode. We are loving our Swindler girl and she really saved the day in this episode.

Quick thinking and luck on her hand, she was extremely useful and got things done. Loved that synchronizing scene. Cliched but extremely tense and fun.

Honestly, I'm loving this group of misfits. They somehow with their own quirks are gelling together with their abilities.
Oct 25, 2020 3:52 AM

Apr 2015
This is really well made but perhaps lacks that little punch that sucks viewers in. Maybe we get that with more backstory, maybe not... still, well made.
Oct 25, 2020 6:59 AM
Apr 2020
thrilling episode, love it
Oct 25, 2020 11:41 AM
Oct 2012
Arnoboy said:
I actually consider it to be best new fall anime over Jujutsu Kaisen (which is great too btw). It's way underrated !
I hope there will be some interesting character development and backstories.

for me,as far now this anime is completely better than jujitsu kaisen,7,72 score is way too underrated
Oct 25, 2020 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
Loved this episode.

Swindler was so useful in this episode. She is no longer an ordinary person. XD

Oct 25, 2020 3:25 PM

Mar 2010
Idk wtf is going on anymore, but i'm hyped asf for the next episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 25, 2020 8:52 PM
Jan 2020
WHAT A ENTRY INTO THE STATION

This literally feels like suicide squad merged with some awesome heist movie.
The plan felt so flawless, it was completely amazing.
Ms. Swindler was going cray-cray and it was hilarious to watch her.
The Akudama might seem like a bunch of idiots but they are really efficient.
Cutthroat saved himself from getting hit by the shields. If you saw the episode you know what I am saying
Oct 26, 2020 4:24 AM

Jun 2020
Watched this on a whim... I did not expect this show to be so fun to watch.
Oct 26, 2020 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
My best boys Brawler and Cutthroat are so precious. They're both such psychos and I love it. ;)
I do want to watch doctor be more included, she seems like another fun character. But so far my favorites are brawler and cutthroat.
This is so underrated, it's literally the best anime airing right now.
Oct 27, 2020 11:41 AM

Jul 2016
What a fun show, love it.
Oct 27, 2020 1:50 PM

Aug 2018
I still haven't moved past the stage of putting supper duper high school in front of everybody's names
_______I like rocks__
Oct 27, 2020 9:07 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They always succeed at the last moment, it's so tense xD great episode once again
Oct 28, 2020 5:07 AM

Apr 2009
Man, there's not enough heist anime out there. And most of them turned out to be great: Lupin III, Baccano, Jormungand, Great Pretender, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. And with a soft sci-fi setting, Akudama Drive is such a rare, unique show that I can't help but root for its success. And it's an original as well!

3 episodes in and so far, so good. Real glad I was a few days late to watch this one; only 2 more days till the next episode, so less waiting for me.

5/5, super fun episode.

Oct 28, 2020 1:17 PM

Sep 2019
Hoodlum's jokes and lies weren't as funny as they were in the previous episode. Disappointing.
Swindler pre-fixing "Mister" before each Akudama's "Name" is Kawaii and what I enjoyed about this episode.
Nov 3, 2020 11:02 PM

Mar 2011
Nice to see Ordinary Person getting into the team, she will probably become a pro Swindler.
Her voice becomes strange sometimes. >_>
Nov 7, 2020 11:06 AM
Jun 2020
Not gonna lie, Swindler is kinda annoying this episode, but I like that she can think on her feet.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

171 by chidaru »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

» Am I the only person who felt like the show was a stretch?

AnimeLeviathan - Dec 24, 2020

7 by corporateremoval »»
May 3, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

173 by vhowl »»
Apr 21, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2020

155 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:03 PM

» Why is the manga adaptation not on MAL?

APolygons2 - Apr 12

0 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 12, 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.