Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2020 3:28 PM

Jun 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Snaita said:

Well the Novel actually explains how the Seed works, whiich in turn explains logically through world building how all the random/wtf moments in this season are possible. Just because the anime studio half hassed explain things, doesnt make the Novel bad, for a reason its been a 1º best seller multiple years... Its a great read, Reki writes pretty well.

Selling well doesn't make something good. Reki's a hack writer just like so many others before him.
I have read it, didnt get that impression... Its coherent, well written and not rushed since he doesnt seem to be being pressured to write because of deadlines.
Sep 25, 2020 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
Snaita said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Selling well doesn't make something good. Reki's a hack writer just like so many others before him.
I have read it, didnt get that impression... Its coherent, well written and not rushed since he doesnt seem to be being pressured to write because of deadlines.

What can I say, some people like anchovies on their pizza.
Sep 26, 2020 1:54 AM

Oct 2018
this ending really do be showing darling in the franxx vibes

♔ 𝘴𝘦𝘵 © 𝘫𝘢𝘺
Sep 26, 2020 9:23 AM
Jul 2015
The ending for this season is ambiguous for most people who don't read the LN, but at least it's still consistent with the source of material 8/10 for this one. For me who keep in track with the LN this adaptation is quite beautiful but not perfect enough for everyone to get and understand.

For those people who keep hating SAO because of kirito OPness should reflect that one punch man and many other isekai mc are op from the start.

Why keep bithcing SAO for being bad and shit. If you guys just hate kirito as a character, and by the way I know many of you dont even buy or read the LN or watch the Anime from the authorized source.

So not only, you don't contribute to the progress of this anime community as a whole, you also don't respect and only become a leech who can only fed on shit of this anime community
valvravezeSep 26, 2020 9:27 AM
Sep 26, 2020 10:13 AM
Sep 2017
Kirito in those 200 years must have been like: Yeah so imma introduce the Space DLC now😂
Sep 26, 2020 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
ok so knights.... girls were still young after two thousand years... so confusing
Sep 26, 2020 12:44 PM

Jul 2016
ibraheem234 said:
ok so knights.... girls were still young after two thousand years... so confusing
they are the descendant of Tiese and Ronye.

Sep 26, 2020 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
Turtles_Hunter said:
Snaita said:

Well it does... if things are well explained and then the actuall event occurs it will no longer be a wtf scenario since you can logically explain it.
You like ToG right, take it has an example. So much people confused with the anime story, meanwhile the Webtoon explains it way better.
Well, I can give you a counter example. In Star Wars 8, they might have said that the reason why Leia could use the force in space because she had training and used it inciously, it still WTF.

Thats not a explanation, thats just they saying that she can for convinience sake, backed by nothing. If in the other movies they explained with at least some foreshadowing she could do it, instead of coming as an asspull in episode 8, people wouldnt bitch about it.
What Im saying on the other hand is that, its explain clearly throught the whole Novel story how those events can happen in Alcinization.
Sep 26, 2020 4:09 PM

May 2014
Madavo said:
Tbh, this season was boring af. Maybe not that much, but comparing to the first season and this one, it's like you see the sea and big lake, not the same, but there's water. I think SAO will be more boring in the future, because of story that they're giving to us... Space? Really? Where's the main topic? Where's connecting beetwen side stories? Can you develop characters more, or will you give us same shit since beggining of the Alicization?
I don't know, what they're thinking in this moment, but this anime's getting boring and more boring along with the next seasons.

I couldn't agree more with that. The plot is meant to be complexifying but I did not felt pulled into the story. Maybe the light novels made a better job at story telling. I had the very high expectations for a decent SAO season after the first part and now I feel so much deceived. Slow pacing with lots of useless moments. No character depth. Nothing to look forward to. Awkward scenes out of place. Not the whole season is a mess but that has convinced me SAO was already average and it is not worth anymore to continue, especially if the anime stands still with Progressive arc.

On the other hand, we had Re:Zero and Oregairu this season, which were far more entertaining as light novel adaptations.
Oct 2, 2020 11:08 AM
May 2019
i get Trolled.

Sao isn't ended yet.they still dragged the story further more. even the main conflict has been solved so far since s1.

just wtf this season was.does ai lives matter?

Eugene death was biggest mistake. he would be kirito new strongest rival/friends instead of alice which is jus become kirito new harem circle member that will have zero progress because asuna is already won.
Oct 3, 2020 2:15 AM
May 2020
Before you say bad words at Sao UW PT2
Read the light novel to understand it
Dec 14, 2020 3:58 AM

Jul 2019
Turtles_Hunter said:
I've continiously heard people say "it was better in the LN" since at least season 2, but the more I hear about the LN, the more it seems like dumpster fire. SAO never achieved get close its season 1 quality (maybe except for the Asuna Arc in S2) and yet still achieve to dig further down.

"Hearing" about several books and reading them are very different things

As a rule of thumb, anyone that goes on a rant to say SAO is shit and then says season 1 was the best season is a delusional nostalgic that probably watched the first season when they were 12. Sinon arc and Asuna arc are fine while the first 36 episodes of Alicization are actually good, the rest is garbage. And every arc is better in the LNs for the character development alone and because game dynamics actually make sense over there.
Dec 14, 2020 2:06 PM

Dec 2020
Well, I admit I do like it,, However, I was pretty disappointed with Alice's transition into the real world cuz I was expecting so much stuff they had to deal with but Alice was just suddenly there lmao
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Aug 15, 2020

303 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.