Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 21, 2020 4:52 PM
Aug 2015
The story reveals this time showed some depth, but it was hard for me to look beyond the horrible animation quality this episode. I wonder what happened.
Jun 21, 2020 5:37 PM

Nov 2017
Another cool episode full of information and happenings

plz @ me
Jun 21, 2020 6:03 PM
Nov 2010
Man, this past is so screwed up.
Jun 21, 2020 6:35 PM

Aug 2019
Now the story is getting interesting and that there's less ecchi which is a good thing. Some pieces was explained, cannot wait to see how they'll end the series if things aren't explained in the last episode, then i'm hoping for another season or i'll just go and read the manga.
Jun 21, 2020 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
James-LastOmnic said:

Just hope he doesn't die to quickly cuz with this accumulation of plot twist Gleipnir now has little to no mystery of what the premise could let us think about, the only remaining question is what king of power 100 coins gives you, but we have the past of all the cast and their clear motivation, they just need to fight for the story to achieve a proper ending.

lol actually compared to other things happened in the manga this twist nothing there's more fucked up twists in the manga, but sadly they can't cover it in this season
Jun 21, 2020 6:44 PM

Oct 2018
Wow, Kaito... I haven't seen somebody fucking up like that in a while. I bet he's now full of regrets and self loathing; the story had even more dark and complex turns, I really like it!
What the hell happened with Shuuichi's memories!? I hope the last ep doesn't rush things and we get a second season.
Jun 21, 2020 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
this episode was fucked up and the it just sucks for everyone involved ,but for him to be so rash and jump straight to killing what was his crush but no longer looks like her before getting any real answers is also fucked up and stupid but a good set up for a sympathetic antagonist now that there all linked i can only hope at least one of them wants to save their own friend with the wishes

crazy how better a episode can be when it isn't flashing T/A all over the place
Jun 21, 2020 8:46 PM
Nov 2019
I'm conflicted here. Liked the episode overall but can't help feel that this is too much new info for the second to last episode.
Jun 21, 2020 9:10 PM
Jan 2017
This episode had two things going for it: answers for the show's lingering mysteries and a pervading sense of uneasiness and dread for what's to come. Shuuichi is more connected to the coin-gathering game than he previously realized, and Kurea, of all people, is starting to piece everything back together, just as the antagonists, Erena and Kaito, make their move. Now that Gleipnir has reached the endgame, I'm excited to see what happens next. This show has been a sweet and enjoyable ride and I hope it delivers a satisfying conclusion.
Jun 21, 2020 9:51 PM
Mar 2015
The body count is spiraling out of control
Jun 21, 2020 10:57 PM

Oct 2016
I actually really liked this episode, that backstory was really compelling. Kaito though he really fucked up badly, though Honoka also fucked up by thinking that no one would remember her which leads to all these events. Damn that's a great episode.
Jun 21, 2020 11:01 PM

Jan 2013
“Well...Ya’ll fucked up” = that whole backstory in a nutshell
Jun 21, 2020 11:14 PM

Mar 2014
all characters are dumb asses. just tell the truth and explain directly everything would be avoided. they keep fuking up things one by one.
Jun 22, 2020 12:46 AM
Nov 2010
One thing I also realized is that Honoka didn't actually stop Kaito from killing her. You'd think she would at least say, "What are you doing?" But instead, she didn't say a thing at all and just let him kill her. That most likely means she actually accepted to be killed, which would make sense since she had nothing to live for anymore, and didn't mind getting killed even though she was probably also shocked that Kaito was the one who did the deed.
Jun 22, 2020 12:57 AM

Jan 2011
eplipswich said:
One thing I also realized is that Honoka didn't actually stop Kaito from killing her. You'd think she would at least say, "What are you doing?" But instead, she didn't say a thing at all and just let him kill her. That most likely means she actually accepted to be killed, which would make sense since she had nothing to live for anymore, and didn't mind getting killed even though she was probably also shocked that Kaito was the one who did the deed.

Scientifically the person cannot cough the object out and cannot breathe, talk, or even make noise while choking
Jun 22, 2020 1:06 AM
Nov 2010
dark-chaos said:

Scientifically the person cannot cough the object out and cannot breathe, talk, or even make noise while choking

Well, thing is, Kaito didn't even put a lot of pressure yet at first when wrapping the rope around Honoka's neck, so she should still be able to speak then. It was only after Honoka lifted her hands up that he then put more pressure into the rope.
Jun 22, 2020 1:09 AM

Feb 2020
It is getting more and more confusing for me!!!
I might have to watch a full explanation video after completing this Anime.
As for this episode, it was okayish!! Got to know more about how that one shit of a deadly game started!!
Jun 22, 2020 1:12 AM

Mar 2018
eplipswich said:

That's what I thought as well. And it wasn't just during the choking but the whole scene. She never even turned to face him. Instead she just sat there as if accepting whatever would come. And she could've said she didn't kill her but chose not to.
tokidoki921Jun 22, 2020 1:19 AM
Jun 22, 2020 1:37 AM
Jun 2017
WOW!!! I just love this episode, its all about Suichi's forgotten memories... and we have some interesting stuff that has been revealed. well lets see what will happen in the final episode
Jun 22, 2020 2:02 AM

Jan 2011
eplipswich said:
dark-chaos said:

Well, thing is, Kaito didn't even put a lot of pressure yet at first when wrapping the rope around Honoka's neck, so she should still be able to speak then. It was only after Honoka lifted her hands up that he then put more pressure into the rope.

this just in anime to make the scene more dramatic with slow motion, in the manga he put the pressure immediately
Jun 22, 2020 2:11 AM
Nov 2010
dark-chaos said:

this just in anime to make the scene more dramatic with slow motion, in the manga he put the pressure immediately

I just read the manga chapter for that, and I don't know, the manga panels for that scene feel too vague to interpret that it's immediate. If anything, the anime is approved by the author, so I would disagree that it's slow motion (it didn't really feel slow motion in the anime anyway). Only the author will know anyway.
Jun 22, 2020 2:35 AM
Apr 2020
What a very tragic backstory. I guess more secrets will be revealed on the last episode next week.
Jun 22, 2020 3:13 AM

Jan 2011
eplipswich said:
dark-chaos said:

I just read the manga chapter for that, and I don't know, the manga panels for that scene feel too vague to interpret that it's immediate. If anything, the anime is approved by the author, so I would disagree that it's slow motion (it didn't really feel slow motion in the anime anyway). Only the author will know anyway.

well she did all this to prevent anyone from knowing about Aiko death, killing her self will make her wish to go for nothing, I think you overthinking too much about it, she just didn't have time to react for a sudden choke in my opinion
Jun 22, 2020 3:23 AM

Mar 2014
The truth about and the others was very dark and twisted but it still doesn't address Shuichi lost memories
Jun 22, 2020 3:31 AM

Mar 2018
dark-chaos said:
eplipswich said:

well she did all this to prevent anyone from knowing about Aiko death, killing her self will make her wish to go for nothing, I think you overthinking too much about it, she just didn't have time to react for a sudden choke in my opinion

But at that point people (or at least one person) already knew she was pretending to be Aiko in other words she did it all for nothing.
tokidoki921Jun 22, 2020 3:35 AM
Jun 22, 2020 3:39 AM
Jan 2020
I really like what they are going for here, but i just cant help but feel a little confused.
I think the pacing of the show is a little off and aal of this information was dumped on us in just one episode.
I'd like to see some manga readers comment on whether or not this was the case in the manga.
Jun 22, 2020 3:43 AM

Jan 2011
OnlyaBunny said:
I really like what they are going for here, but i just cant help but feel a little confused.
I think the pacing of the show is a little off and aal of this information was dumped on us in just one episode.
I'd like to see some manga readers comment on whether or not this was the case in the manga.

this because they adapting 3 chapters per episode so the pace a bit faster than normal anime
the flashback was 3 chapters in the manga
Jun 22, 2020 3:46 AM

Jan 2011
tokidoki921 said:
dark-chaos said:

But at that point people (or at least one person) already knew she was pretending to be Aiko in other words she did it all for nothing.

yah but only one, not a reason to kill your self and let everyone know
maybe at some point, she thought her wish was wrong but I don't think it's enough to make her want kill her self
Jun 22, 2020 3:54 AM
Jan 2020
dark-chaos said:
OnlyaBunny said:

this because they adapting 3 chapters per episode so the pace a bit faster than normal anime
the flashback was 3 chapters in the manga
That makes me kinda sad then, 24ep count could have done the source material more justice.
Jun 22, 2020 3:59 AM

Jul 2016
dannymilk said:

Bad idea after bad idea.

Why not simply tell Kaito the truth?
Jun 22, 2020 4:04 AM

Jul 2016
uuuukiiiyooo said:
Omg, what does Yoshioka have to talk about with Helena?!

I assume she has all of Shuichis memories from when she was riding him?
Jun 22, 2020 4:08 AM

Jan 2011
Vindicater said:
dannymilk said:

Bad idea after bad idea.

Why not simply tell Kaito the truth?

because no one knew the truth except Honka at that moment, they just made an assumption
also, no one of them would imagine Kaito will go this far and try to kill her 5
when Naoto knows the truth he go and told Kaito but this was too late
Jun 22, 2020 7:05 AM

Aug 2017
i think this is the only episode that I got upset when it ended.
it was great and made u see the story coming together.

Jun 22, 2020 7:07 AM
Mar 2020
People watching this: nooo. You can't just kill a girl without even looking deeper into the whole situation.
Kaito: haha rope go brrrrrr
Jun 22, 2020 9:01 AM

Jan 2020
Good episode, but it felt so random and out pf place.
Jun 22, 2020 10:24 AM

Apr 2016
SO KAITO'S EFFIN FRIENDS ASSUMED HE GOT THE GIST WHY AIKO DISAPPEARED...DAMN
Jun 22, 2020 1:29 PM

Dec 2014
this became tragic all of its own..hmm \i hope it gets wrap up in the final episode
Jun 22, 2020 2:55 PM
Nov 2019
Vindicater said:
uuuukiiiyooo said:
Omg, what does Yoshioka have to talk about with Helena?!

I assume she has all of Shuichis memories from when she was riding him?
So, are we finally getting to know why does he looks like that fur animal? :O
Jun 22, 2020 5:01 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
This show is getting better with every episode. Opposite of Otome Game.

Might need to pick up the Manga for this one, kinda enjoyed it overall.
What a great episode...
MeriuJun 22, 2020 5:19 PM
Jun 22, 2020 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
bruh when kaito went up to the alien and gave him the coin... his expression bruh scared the hell out of me what in the corpse party was that i'm dead
美久MIKU ▹▹▹ eat my mind.
\\ prod. by SUGA of BTS

Jun 23, 2020 1:45 AM
Sep 2014
Really like the backstory here between Shuichi's old forgotten friends. Some tragic dark stuff in here and it hits hard. This anime continues to stay interesting despite it feeling kinda shallow near the start.
Jun 23, 2020 2:23 AM

Feb 2017
Why didn't anyone show any interest in honoka? (besides kaito)
I mean... yes Aiko (honoka) said that maybe she "left" that way
because she didn't want to bother anyone but stil .... dafuq
no one seemed to care
Jun 23, 2020 3:13 AM

Jan 2019
It’s a joke that this anime has an average rating of 6.8, this show has an unique plot, interesting characters, amazing fight animations and a fantastic soundtrack. It deserves a score in the low 8’s or at the very least high 7’s.
Jun 23, 2020 3:28 AM
Jan 2019
this is sure a depressing episode my heart can't take it
1 episode left are they doing another series for this?
Jun 23, 2020 10:29 AM

Jan 2019
The mangaka really was like "alright pause the first story for a second, I got something much more interesting."
Jun 23, 2020 12:55 PM

May 2018
So shuichi, Kaito, Honoka, Elena, Aiko and Naoto, the thing they have in common were that they were classmate from Yamada Cram school....and Honoka's back story, she basically become Aiko cu'z aiko killed herself when she can handle the bullying anymore...and we have Kaito's quick judgement were he kills Honoka in aiko's body only to be distraught by his stupid judgement call...so one more to I, doubt some will be climatic.
Jun 23, 2020 2:31 PM

Mar 2017
My stomach dropped when he realised he killed her for no reason. This episode was horrifying and Shuichi's past & the beginning of the coin hunt was far worse than anything I could've imagined. I have to say, if I was in Elena's place, I'd want Shuichi to forget that all happened too.

Only one episode left and I'm pretty sure this won't get another season which sucks so bad. This deserves so much more attention. I genuinely think it's one of the best anime this season.
Jun 23, 2020 2:32 PM

Mar 2017
Espio74 said:
It’s a joke that this anime has an average rating of 6.8, this show has an unique plot, interesting characters, amazing fight animations and a fantastic soundtrack. It deserves a score in the low 8’s or at the very least high 7’s.

I feel you, this is the best anime of the season and yet it's massively underrated. So annoying!
Jun 23, 2020 2:33 PM

Mar 2017
Archfiend836 said:
It is getting more and more confusing for me!!!
I might have to watch a full explanation video after completing this Anime.
As for this episode, it was okayish!! Got to know more about how that one shit of a deadly game started!!

What are you confused about? I might be able to help
Jun 23, 2020 5:16 PM

Mar 2008
Well I didn't see that coming as the backstory. I am at a loss why Kaito who was supposed to be the only one that cares Honoka aside from the alien (who apparently does have feelings) would be the first and only one to assume Honoka would murder Aiko. Isn't he supposed to know her better? I guess it's understandable in context of losing contact with the others maybe he thought she changed? So he killed Honoka thinking she was no longer the Honoka he knew I guess? Then he tried to bring her back and wipe out people that don't remember her but what came back wasn't exactly her? This makes Shuuichi's erased memories even more odd because if Shuuichi didn't recognize Honoka wouldn't he be wiped out of existence? I could understand Naoto trying to just pretend Aiko didn't kill herself because he maybe felt guilty but the others really should have spoke up because it was pretty clear what Kaito was implying and should have known he may make a rash decision. I feel bad for all of them especially Honoka, Kaito, Naoto and Aiko.

I wonder if after Claire spotted that toy after the phone call she thought Shuuichi got shrunk lol
traedJun 23, 2020 5:20 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

80 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.