Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 28, 2020 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
Yay Karasuno! And though they weren't playing in this episode, things are still strong and interesting.
– Lol Kags wanting to buy a shirt too.
– Now Hinata has THE SHIRT™.
– I forgot it was Kageyama that met Hoshiumi and not Hinata. The intensity!
– Aw, meeting the senpais' senpais.
– Omg Bokuto, love him. Akaashimay think he doesn't know him completely but he knows him well enough.
– Lol don't even try interviewing Hoshiumi.
– Saw a tweet with a theory that Daichi & Kuroo are exes hence the tension and I refuse to now think otherwise.
– And the after credits scene! Karasuno is totally me – our hotel's not swanky but at least I dig the food lol.
MAL Profile (friend me!) | YouTube Vlogs
Mar 28, 2020 5:57 PM

Jun 2015
Hey hey hey, that's illegal!! Where the heck was those animations for the past episodes? I'm absolutely thrilled with the fluidity of it. It's as if they're throwing their leftover budget to this single episode.
Mar 28, 2020 6:00 PM

Mar 2016
Hoshiumi is who Hinata thinks he is lmao. That guy really is a one-man marching band. I am glad to see all of them hyped up though!

I am glad to see we got "hey, hey, hey!" Bokuto come back.

I don't know why but I really enjoy seeing them get (re-)acquainted with one another, i rewind those scenes at least twice.

Animation was nice n' fluid this episode too!

Mar 28, 2020 10:43 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I couldn't care less about romance in spokon anime but man, if my boy Ryu has a chance with his cute childhood friend, he better stop mumbling and ask her out. I totally support you, Ryu!

Fantastic episode once again. As expected, both Nekoma and Fukurodani won their respective matches in only two sets and though Bokuto had a slow start, I'm glad he managed to come back when he saw his fan cheering for him xD
The animation during said matches was particularly outstanding, by the way. Especially in Nekoma's case. I absolutely loved how the intensity of their points was portrayed by using fluid quick sequences.

And Hinata... what a ball of sunshine he is. He finally finds a "proper" rival who is like an advanced version of himself and instead of start doubting about his own abilities, he just got happier he met such a promising (and inspiring, I guess) person. That was such a cute scene, being honest.
Mar 28, 2020 11:09 PM

Dec 2013
The animation for this episode was surprisingly good.

Bokuto and his constant issues never stops being hilarious.

Tanaka has a chance? His time has come!
Mar 28, 2020 11:19 PM

Mar 2010
That Hinata smiling scene was powerful!

Being told that 'you can't do this', 'you can't do that', just because you are small must be frustrating to Hinata. And seeing that another small player can do amazing things like Ushiwaka can do must be liberating for him.
Mar 29, 2020 4:53 AM
Mar 2020
A quick question; the commentary panel called hoshiumi 'the little giant' why is that, I am confused because I thought that the title was presented to the guy who was in karasuno. Do you think that hoshiumi would have the same inspiration as hinata ???
Mar 29, 2020 4:53 AM
Mar 2020
A quick question; the commentary panel called hoshiumi 'the little giant' why is that, I am confused because I thought that the title was presented to the guy who was in karasuno. Do you think that hoshiumi would have the same inspiration as hinata ???
Mar 29, 2020 6:19 AM

Oct 2018
The title "little giant" is not an exclusive property of the guy who was Hinata's inspiration as a kid. It's simply a way to describe any really good player who is also short.

Maiz27 said:
Can someone tell me which chapters to thats right after ep12

You can start at chapter 246.
Mar 29, 2020 6:36 AM
Oct 2017
imagine watching 3 episodes and saying the animation "slacks"
Mar 29, 2020 9:05 AM

Jun 2012
Some incredible spike shots in here.

And Ryu have the spring of his lifetime, hopefully there's no punchline to this.
Mar 29, 2020 11:33 AM

Jun 2007
The episode had soooo many amazing moments!
Definitely have to start with Hinata meeting the new little giant. Looove how he got inspired compared to feeling down, how could I have doubt that our little sunshine would react otherwise? Aaaand then when he met the rest of the team and we saw Kageyama’s expression!!! Yeeeees!
I think that’s one of the things that I really crave from the show are more of these interactions. I enjoy the matches, they are hype AF buuuut I also really enjoy training camps episodes (season 2 & this season’s)
And then Bokuto being his amazing self. He is sooo entertaining! Love that Hinata was there with the shirt! His pupil lol. Also props to his team for always being so reliable.
Lastly, Nekoma. I looove their match. Nice receive! Kuroo’s face when did the last one touch (x He was enjoying it so much!
xxjanismMar 29, 2020 11:39 AM
Mar 29, 2020 12:30 PM
Sep 2018
very nice episode, omg loved it
Mar 29, 2020 4:22 PM
Dec 2014
I know the animation has deteriorated but cmon draw any form of head for the poor guy on the stairs

Mar 30, 2020 1:20 AM
Jan 2017
The slow mo during Bokuto's spike - now that was a heavenly scene by Yasuyuki Kai!!
Mar 30, 2020 4:03 AM

May 2019
An interesting psychological episode where we get a little deeper into Hinata's mind and mental state. He's definitely changed, that's for sure.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 30, 2020 6:32 PM
Jun 2013
ZeroLegend said:
I know the animation has deteriorated but cmon draw any form of head for the poor guy on the stairs

Imagine actually taking a screenshot of this and complaining that a whatever background character from a far distance isn't "drawn detailed" LMAO! XD
Mar 30, 2020 10:45 PM
Dec 2014
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
ZeroLegend said:

Imagine actually taking a screenshot of this and complaining that a whatever background character from a far distance isn't "drawn detailed" LMAO! XD

So u consider having head a detail! good to know that. But worry not I'll answer ur request and post bad shots for main characters when I feel so to go back and take screenshots.
Mar 31, 2020 12:31 AM
Aug 2018
ZeroLegend said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

So u consider having head a detail! good to know that. But worry not I'll answer ur request and post bad shots for main characters when I feel so to go back and take screenshots.

What if he's Bald?
Mar 31, 2020 12:44 PM
Oct 2019
lasso_914 said:
Bokuto is climbing the ladder of my favourite characters of this show so fast with each scene. I hope his team makes it deep into this Tournment.

The episode was nice, one episode to go before the break. then the Real tournment starts in July.

I loved BOKUTO-San! Especially when he finally cheered up when Hinata appeared lol
THAT FACE OF HINATA, when he cambe back after seeing Hoshiumi, also made KAGEYAMA do THAT SMILE. I'M IN FOR IT. The Soundtrack was insane in that scene ❤️ (the same used when Tsukki came back after he broke his finger in 3rd season - EPIC)

Tanaka-san in the end was priceless **
I'm now hyped fot the second half of the season - but There's one more to see right?
Apr 1, 2020 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Animation quality went through the roof here.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 2, 2020 3:05 PM

Apr 2009
lol, Akaashi is totally Bokuto's wife.

Good episode, it was nice to see all the characters again.

Apr 2, 2020 3:14 PM

Apr 2010
Where's episode 13?
Apr 2, 2020 7:52 PM
Mar 2015
Amazing how Hinata can inspire Bokuto and Hoshumi inspires Hinata
Apr 3, 2020 9:40 AM

Dec 2015
my boy ryu bout to get this bread lets fucking go
Apr 3, 2020 3:52 PM

May 2016
Hey Hey Hey Bokuto san is back.

that guy sure is something and looks like Hinata is even more pumped up.
Apr 4, 2020 12:31 PM

Mar 2014
HEY HEY HEY

Always great to see Bokuto and Fukurodani interactions in general. They're just so much fun. I wish we could have seen more of their match. Nekoma was barely even shown too, I hope they get some time to shine in the next cour perhaps~

I was a bit worried that Hinata would get depressed but it seems like his admiration for Hoshiumi motivated him even more, that was an amazing moment :')

Apr 5, 2020 12:24 AM
Jul 2014
congrats on passing the first day karasuno!!! a good match!!

so cool of their senpai to show up and support the team! i know i said that last time, but still warms my heart uwu

awwww great to see the several teams we already know win their first matches! fukurodani and bokuto are always so fun to watch lol their dynamic as a team is actually hilarious XD bokuto is a baby ^3^ so cute how hinata came to watch their match and then the setter referred to hinata as bokuto's disciple lmao
nekoma was amazing, as expected! their connections and teamwork is top of the class! the other team was putting in work but to no avail.

finally the fated shorties meet at the merch stand! hoshi seems so immature lol the way he rapid fire hinata for his stats and then relaxed when he confirmed his vertical was bigger than hinata's lol
i can't wait to see them face off!! they just HAVE to now that there's already some tension and rivalry going on between them even though they haven't even played against each other yet!
hoshi is an amazing player and i think that's inspired hinata, which is a more positive outcome than i was expecting. but you can always expect the unexpected from that dude
hoshi's little rant was awesome! really standing up for the tiny guys :') i know hinata felt that in his heart as well when he heard hoshi say those things
hoshi also needs to realize that most of the people that you'll be facing off against wont be scared of you or marvel at your skill because they are already skilled themselves. im sure he'll realize soon enough.

it's good that karasuno got to watch some of the matches and see their rivals and friends!

the animation in this episode was very enjoyable and pretty, too. the spikes were all shown in great angles with the animation showing how intense and powerful they were. absolute eye candy imo

awwwww and the end!! TANAKAAA YOU HAVE A CHANCEEEE!!!! SHOOT YOUR SHOT MY DUDEEEE!!!!! i ship them already even tho i dont know the girl's name lol she's cute tho uwu
Apr 5, 2020 6:18 AM

Oct 2019
from what we saw, it looks like seagull boy is another one-man carry. it will be interesting to see if Hinata gets any tips from him.

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Apr 6, 2020 9:25 PM

Sep 2018
Bakuto is so funny lol but he's good!
The two chibis finally meet hahahha Hoshiumi is so cool!!

So, Tanaka and that girl is the end game?
Apr 10, 2020 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
BOKUTO BABEY HE'S BACK KDJKKJSLL we're fed well with all these bokuaka scenes animated 😌👌
Apr 13, 2020 10:04 PM

Feb 2013
Hinata found someone he could relate to but oh man, that guy is super good at everything!
Apr 22, 2020 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get Hoshiumi's team in the final vs Karasuno.
The 2 little giants facing each other.
May 11, 2020 7:52 AM
Mar 2019
It looks like they saved all the best cuts of the season for this episode. This season would have been fine as a short OVA or movie I think.
May 17, 2020 8:32 AM
Jul 2014
The freaking banana changes colour and grows back every time Sawamura (Captain) takes a bite. Limitless supply.
May 30, 2020 4:35 AM

Jul 2013
Lol I died when Hinata added a centimeter to his height. I think short players should have more solidarity rather than be more competitive against each other
Jun 8, 2020 4:37 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah I feel like it's all but confirmed that the final (at least for Karasuno) battle will be against the team of that other short guy, would be fitting for Hinata. Could still be another of the ones we met in the camp, but those are probably ever stronger enemies. Question is if we see all of them or Karasuno fails before that. I'm guessing the latter. I do hope that Hinata can jump higher though, seeing as how he was practising that :D

That headless guy in the background of one of the scenes sure was something else. I'm not entirely sure how nobody on the staff notices that, but I guess mistakes happen.
Jun 15, 2020 9:55 AM

May 2018
Holy shit Hoshiumi really is a little giant :O
Jul 6, 2020 7:33 PM
May 2020
Very good development of other teams! Hinata's rival is now seen in all his glory!
Aug 10, 2020 8:03 PM

Feb 2018
Hinata the energetic brat just met his rival. Good to see him more fired up and enjoying the tournament.
And Bokuto-san is too innocent lol.
Great episode.
Aug 24, 2020 5:20 AM
Apr 2020
Probably one of my favorite episode during this 4th season. I loved Bokuto's interaction with Shoyo and also Nekoma's match (tbh the most epic part in my oppinion is when Kuroo and Kenma appear, I love these characters, legit).
Although at the beginning I refuse to like the new design, now I really like it (but Kageyama was better in the 3 previous seasons). Kuroo's design has improved a lot and I reaaaaally like it. Can't wait to watch the 2nd part of the 4th season!!
Sep 7, 2020 11:18 PM

Jun 2020
LOL @ them talking about kageyama's aura when he was just thinking hard about them shirts

bokuto seriously has one of the best bods - actually no i think he has tHE best bod in haikyuu

wowie that was a nice shot

hinata so in awe of hoshiumi!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 16, 2020 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
Bokuto is hilarious. I feel bad for Akaashi who's basically his mood evaluator/motivational speaker lol.

Hinata meeting another tiny giant was life changing for him, it seems.

Tanaka's childhood friend is so cute.
Sep 22, 2020 5:33 PM

Aug 2020
Loved to see Bokuto in his little emo act for a bit and seeing Akaashi cheer him up is so cute. I can't wait to see what the next episode brings. I don't want to see any of the teams lose but volleyball doesn't work that way..

Nov 7, 2020 12:18 PM

Mar 2019
hinata meeting hoshiumi (an insanely skilled player that's around hinata's height) was pretty interesting!! i loved this episode, i think it did a beautiful job of updating us on other teams.
Jan 25, 2021 11:55 AM
Nov 2020
THE KUROO AND KENMA BREADCRUMBS!!! IM HERE FOR THEM
Apr 14, 2021 1:49 AM

Mar 2015
Hinata has even greater heights to aim for now!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 8, 2021 6:08 PM

Aug 2017
Hoshiumi looks like a seagull lol. That speech is quite inspiring and I laughed with Hinata's face haha ​​I'm so glad we got to see more Bokuto and Akaashi scenes!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 23, 2022 3:21 AM

Dec 2020
HEY HEY HEY

Fukurodani's victories depend more on how they manage to motivate Bokuto than just play better than their opponents lol.

Hoshiumi is a great player. I hope we get to see more of him. We probably will, considering that he is similar to Hinata.
Jun 12, 2022 5:08 AM

Dec 2010
It was so cool of the alumni to come and watch the match. And the post-credits scene was really cute.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2020

90 by iamsnakeuu »»
Yesterday, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2020

102 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 6, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

119 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 6, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2020

161 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 6, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.